Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59222 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #735 on: January 31, 2024, 04:19:24 pm »

In web's reads, web said:

Sofa is a bit of a wildcard, but I do not remember them being this crazy during Supernormal, though that's also particularly true while we were teamed.  In a sense, it feels like they are playing a different type of game.  I was hoping for more information from Crystal to determine their alignment, but I figure they're probably going to be eliminated anyway, and I'm okay with that.  Their current method of play doesn't find scum, nor does it further a Town win condition.

Crystalizedmire is a bit quieter than I'd like, and I thought their take on sofa could've been better.  I also think they probably could've done more to help sofa not be insane.  Additionally, Crystalizedmire has focused too much on my powers, but is that my fault?  Maybe.  Overall, better take than NJW.

Why do you think web is saying this?

What is web doing?

I think he is scum on earth. Help me get that bleep out of our game.  Unless you know you voting you helps town more than anything else you can do, because I am town and I do not think that is a nice use of your vote, to put it on yourself, when there's others more likely to be scum than you.

Also, here's my thoughts about all of web's reads.

Help me.  Read my ideas.  Where am I wrong?

Get your vote on web, please.
I think webadict wants to make us think that I am responsible of sofanthiel's behaviour to get us both eliminated because we are easy targets. I am not and I personally think that sofanthiel doesn't have a team to fall back on.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 31, 2024, 04:21:26 pm »

Okay.  I'm cool with being wrong.

I have web's words on it.  He didn't want to be converted.  That was his goal, D1.  He was not playing for a town win, he was not playing for an eventual town win.  He had a goal that did not require or involve a town win, and he moved directly and purposefully towards it.  It showed.  It showed D2, when he had a different goal that did not require or involve a town win.

Max, do I misunderstand web's intent last game, based on your understanding of his intent last game?
I think so, yes. "web not being converted" is a goal that certainly furthers a town win, insofar as a web being converted - as we saw - is very dangerous to town, and he firmly demanded that everyone lynch the player he believed to be anti-town after what he assumed was a mandatory sacrifice (he was wrong, but this is beside the point). I don't think you appreciate that town wins are often possible to arrive at through subtle means.

Actually, this could explain web's extraordinarily self-centred read attitude here, too. If he really believes that his gems are the key to an optimal town win, he'd act like this, I think. I'm not gonna change my vote until I get an answer out of him, but I think I just undermined my own argument, so I gotta admit it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #737 on: January 31, 2024, 04:27:10 pm »

Or would it be the addled spider, webadict?

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [3] Elephant Parade, webadict, Toonyman
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [1] Sofanthiel
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Quarque -  [2] FallacyofUrist, Euchrejack
- Maximum Spin - [2] Quarque, NJW2000
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel - [1] TricMagic
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic - 
- Webadict - [3] Imp, Maximum Spin, Crystalizedmire
- No Elimination

Current Possible Eliminations: Crystalizedmire, webadict

Hammer at 7 votes. Day ends 1st February 11am GMT, in approximately 13.5 hours.

Trades

Well constructed trade offers:

TricMagic: Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Webadict: Trade Green Chaos Emerald for an Apple.
Quarque: Trade an apple for a green emerald.
NJW2000: Trade Wishbone for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Toonyman: Trade Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page for Wishbone

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 31, 2024, 04:27:35 pm »

That's cool.  I have some sort of ear infection, so I'm not gonna really try that hard to fight it, but I'd be down with sofa and/or Crystal execution, if I'm getting executed.

I don't like Crystal's play here, and sofa has gone quiet.

I don't think it's EuchreJack.

I will answer questions as possible.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 31, 2024, 04:32:06 pm »

Why don't you like my play
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #740 on: January 31, 2024, 04:35:52 pm »

I recall someone describing Sofanthiel as "hiding in audacity", which seemed like a valid explanation for his behavior. Sofanthiel seemed like he was going to get voted, so he throws out random weird stuff to see if he can not get voted out.
Sofanthiel is almost certainly town. Scum!Sofanthiel is anything but audacious.
A loud whistling sound is heard as sofanthiel releases a smokescreen which covers webadict. webadict can no longer be lynched today.
I feel this is deliberately manipulative since it leaves out the context that sofanthiel didn't know it would be announced(I read through the discord chat). Webadict then urged sofanthiel to do it anyways. I have no idea why scum would urge sofanthiel to act like this right now on day 1 and Webadict doesn't provide a reason either. I think Webadict left out that part because they wanted sofanthiel to get eliminated no matter what their actual alignment is.
she/her

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 31, 2024, 04:36:50 pm »

Oh I thought deadline was 11pm GMT today for some reason, there's more time.

Sofanthiel

Crystal looks okay to me.

Web paranoia doesn't make sense to me, maybe because I have information that other players don't.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 31, 2024, 04:38:23 pm »

Web paranoia doesn't make sense to me, maybe because I have information that other players don't.

Still interested in this.  Is your info NAI or 'web good?'  Your earlier answer made me think NAI.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 31, 2024, 04:39:20 pm »

@Crystal:
Maybe. I wasn't sure if Sofanthiel was town or mafia in that quote when Webadict made it so that's true at least.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 31, 2024, 04:39:55 pm »

TricMagic, I need from you a clear and thorough explanation of what your lynch-related ability does. If I understand correctly, you have claimed that 1) you have the suspicious sphere, and 2) because of that, the official votecounts have been lying about what your ability will do. If that's the case and notquitethere's explanation of who will be lynched is not accurate, we really need to know what we're actually voting for because that's town's only weapon. Only weapon except for vigs. Our only weapons are the vote, vigs, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.

NQT apologized and said it veered into bastard, before correcting.
The Lynch will occur, one with the most votes is lynched.
The one with the second most votes is lynched. (or the one tied with the first lynch for votes if those are equal) If 2 tie at this point, both are lynched. If 3+ are tied, the two are chosen randomly.
Only 3 can be Lynched. 2 Minimum will be lynched.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 31, 2024, 04:41:53 pm »

Why don't you like my play
It reads panicky scum.  Voting yourself for a hammer thing this early when you aren't that close is silly and leaves the remaining votes spread thinner.

We want to coordinate our votes to main candidates so that sudden shifts don't cause an unintentional second execute on anyone else.  I also think you are too protective of sofa, and their play earlier is still pretty scummy.

Doesn't matter if I die, I ain't scum, and I don't even know what my role really does, so I'm pretty extra expendable.  Overall, 4/10, Emeralds should be more explicitly labeled so if I overwrite my Ability, I know what with.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 31, 2024, 04:42:12 pm »

Web doesn't seem to want to defend himself, but based on your information, does it make sense that web would consider focusing on the emeralds to be the most important thing web could do for town?

@Crystal:
Maybe. I wasn't sure if Sofanthiel was town or mafia in that quote when Webadict made it so that's true at least.
Sofanthiel was scum at that point. I don't know why he faked you out by claiming his EARLIER alignment which had been changed. Actually, I didn't think about it but that's kind of shady, lol.

NQT apologized and said it veered into bastard, before correcting.
The Lynch will occur, one with the most votes is lynched.
The one with the second most votes is lynched. (or the one tied with the first lynch for votes if those are equal) If 2 tie at this point, both are lynched. If 3+ are tied, the two are chosen randomly.
Only 3 can be Lynched. 2 Minimum will be lynched.
Okay, thank you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 31, 2024, 04:42:40 pm »

Still interested in this.  Is your info NAI or 'web good?'  Your earlier answer made me think NAI.
My role makes less sense to me if Web isn't town. It's not exactly solid proof though.

I'm not very useful besides providing players information.

That seems kind of messed up if my information isn't helping town.

There's other things I can learn. Web is the only one that has publicly come out though so that's who I am referring to.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 31, 2024, 04:45:00 pm »

I'm not likely to be here for day end barring me being up super early and voting towards a triple lynch. I'm seeing a scum Crystal though. Voting yourself needs an extremely good explanation, and it looks like you panicked.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 31, 2024, 04:46:10 pm »

I have opinions on sofanthiel but I'm waiting for them to come back.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 153