Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58823 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Nobody ever indicated that Tric's possible kill-the-second-lynch-candidate would be listed there. It seems to be just a list of the top-voted players.

notquitethere, what happens in the event of a tie?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I'd really prefer Imp be dead.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #512 on: January 30, 2024, 05:48:28 pm »

Please, is there a typo in the number of eliminations showing here?
It appears that is correct, yes.

:(

I see the answer, no typo, in the one name elim.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suspicious: Your ability makes you look bad in some way. Positive abilities might not be observable, negative abilities might be broadcast, or your role or actions might appear as something else when detected.

Basically this happening, lynches are public information.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 30, 2024, 05:53:51 pm »

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [1] Euchrejack
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [2] Sofanthiel, Maximum Spin
- FallacyofUrist - [2] NJW2000, Toonyman
- Imp -
- Quarque - 
- Maximum Spin - [1] Quarque
- NJW2000 - [1] webadict,
- Sofanthiel - [1] Elephant Parade
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic - [1] FallacyofUrist
- Webadict - [2] Imp, Crystalizedmire
- No Elimination

Hm, scumteam Sofanthiel & Maximum Spin???
It can't be that easy, can it?

I mean, there are plenty of people accusing me of being scum with much better arguments that are NOT voting me.

@Sofanthiel & Maximum Spin: Care to explain the votes? Why should other people join your votes? Why am I your #1 scum pick?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Their rampant paranoia is getting on my nerves and making it harder for me to read either them or anyone else. I would be OK with this.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As clairifcation. The one with the most votes is lynched. Then my power comes in, and lynches the person with the second most votes. In case of ties, everyone in that situation is lynched. If everyone is at 1, then 1 person would be lynched, then all the rest as the second place. If one person is at 2 and everyone else at 1, then the first is lynched, then the rest.

I'm asking NQT if that can also happen in case of no votes. Cause that's somewhat improtant information. Never really considered the auto-win given how much trust it would take, and well. Dragon

I got my answer back. It's my Suspicious Sphere messing with us. In case of ties for second place, 2 will be randomly picked.

How sure are you that this is exactly and accurately what happens?

Does that mean that a total of up to 3 die if there is a tie situation of 3+?

One the first place, then of the ties for second place, 2 from that set of 2+?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 30, 2024, 05:59:43 pm »

Yep, where did nqt answer the one I 'already showed' that has the one elim name?

I asked first, and it got skipped or something?
Please, is there a typo in the number of eliminations showing here?
It appears that is correct, yes.
To clarify my wording, "It appears the votecount is correct".

notquitethere, what happens in the event of a tie?
The ordinary rules for a tie: nobody dies.

Today, as indicated by the votecount, there is the possibility of a second elimination. If the top vote is tied, two players may die. If it's tied 3+ ways, two players will die. How that is resolved may depend on abilities that are not public knowledge, or otherwise it could be randomly assigned. As has been apparent in the counts, if the top vote is not a tie but the secondmost vote is a tie, then only that top player will die.

(My apologies if I unintentionally veered into bastardry in how the vote count was displayed, or through flavour: as a mod in the game you should expect not to receive misinformation in public-facing information, and vote mechanics are usually public-facing.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Their rampant paranoia is getting on my nerves and making it harder for me to read either them or anyone else. I would be OK with this.
It's more that they ask me questions that I have already answered, then find the answer I have already given after I give it again, thereby making the entire question pointless in the first place.  It solves nothing and take up valuable thread space.

I'm in on an Imp bandwagon.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 30, 2024, 06:04:52 pm »

Today, as indicated by the votecount, there is the possibility of a second elimination. If the top vote is tied, two players may die. If it's tied 3+ ways, two players will die. How that is resolved may depend on abilities that are not public knowledge, or otherwise it could be randomly assigned. As has been apparent in the counts, if the top vote is not a tie but the secondmost vote is a tie, then only that top player will die.
Okay, I think this explains it satisfactorily.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To NJW, while I'd be fine receiving it, only the last trade offer actually matters. So I could trade an emerald or this magnifying glass for your wishbone, which means Toony has to either find someone else, or draws the mafiakill. Which lets you block it.

I don't think NJW was offering to trade with you at all.  But use the give ability, N1, under a particularly bad situation, as a signal:

If Toony has lied to me in a major way and I think I'll die tonight... hmph, I'll pass it to Tric as an indicator that Toony should be eliminated. Unlikely to be the case, but you never know.

@TricMagic: would you be ok with the above?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 30, 2024, 06:19:49 pm »

Eh, but only Town are paranoid, and we're not going to help Tric Kill Town, right?

They had a half-joking deal on Discord to defend each other next game afterwards, FYI

Well, somebody gets it.  Yes, we appear to have both formed the strategy pre-game to defend one another on Day 1.

@Elephant Parade:
But I see your point re: his critics being his top picks. I'm going to go over the thread and check whether they're actually his most predominant critics.
I've gone over the thread and yes, they are.
Good review of NJW, but wrong conclusion. His read list sucks Day 1, because he's town.  It's why I townread him.  Could you clarify if his most predominate critics were his top picks as town or scum?

Yeah, the FoU vote is based on a boring thing. But everything he's posted is either bland and descriptive or basically conversation. His main contribution so far is "Max isn't being very productive" and "sofanthiel is flailing around madly"... which may be true, but is not good enough for someone with FoU's chaotic catgirl energy. If this was EP's main contribution D1, then maybe that would get a pass, but FoU is required to have ideas, or gut instincts, or something.
This is exactly why FoU is town.  He's a lousy town player, and won't get better unless he, you know, actually survives to Day 3 as town.

I don't have much time since I'm posting from phone during my lunch break, but I feel like I should at least defend my reads list.

What I mean by 'usefulness' is 'how much and how high quality is the content this person is contributing to the Day'. The most classic scumtell is lack of engagement, passivity. Secondarily, I find people scummy who clog the Day with garbage.

NJW earns some usefulness by attacking me.

Please cut Jack a bit of slack, though. Mafia is exhausting and takes a lot of energy, that's true whether you're town or scum.

Liking Tric's play even more now. Though I think his vote on NJW is based on misunderstanding.
Speaking of which, @Fallacy, that is NOT how you defend your reads list. ^That is how you get voted out as town.
You defend your reads list by saying "player X is scummy because blah blah blah" or "player Y is townie because blah blah blah".
Ultimately, it's YOUR reads list. If you're gonna get attacked over it, whatever. At least you gave one!

@Jack:
I think that I will join the Imp votetrain. I feel like Imp is actually talking less than when they are town, leading me to think maybe they have a chat in which they are talking.
No. Where the hell are you seeing this?
We were only on like page 25 when I said that. We had gone through twice as many pages in the same length of time in a previous game, and it was mostly Imp.

Whatcha think of the whole of Tric's behavior so far, sof?
I might've been slightly blinded by my complete distrust of Tric, on account of my having written off all his arguments as little more than attempts to kill town players.
Yeah, if Tric looks scummy and makes no sense, he's probably town. If he starts to make sense and be playing in pro-town way...then shoot him immediately.
It's slightly more complex than that, as Tric has his moments of glory, but good enough. Also "My Role, My Role, Oh Look My Role" is also generally a town indicator for Tric. He could be a SK, but I tend to believe his claim of the Suspicious tag making his ability look bad, since I thought he was a SK before the votecount clarification by both Tric and the Mod's updated votecount after one vote moved.

I thought we already established that webadict lied about having a wincon based on gems which is why I was suspicious of him. I didn't like how he lied for seemingly no reason.
Web always lies.  He actually has a nervous breakdown when he does not lie enough. It's ugly.
Instead, ask why did he lie? For example, does his lying about having a wincon about gems hurt town? I don't see it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 30, 2024, 06:24:22 pm »

Eh, but only Town are paranoid, and we're not going to help Tric Kill Town, right?

They had a half-joking deal on Discord to defend each other next game afterwards, FYI

Well, somebody gets it.  Yes, we appear to have both formed the strategy pre-game to defend one another on Day 1.

@Elephant Parade:
But I see your point re: his critics being his top picks. I'm going to go over the thread and check whether they're actually his most predominant critics.
I've gone over the thread and yes, they are.
Good review of NJW, but wrong conclusion. His read list sucks Day 1, because he's town.  It's why I townread him.  Could you clarify if his most predominate critics were his top picks as town or scum?
It's been over a month since I read Armed Forces Mini but I recall Imp coming across as paranoid there.

I was talking about Web there, not NJW.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To NJW, while I'd be fine receiving it, only the last trade offer actually matters. So I could trade an emerald or this magnifying glass for your wishbone, which means Toony has to either find someone else, or draws the mafiakill. Which lets you block it.

I don't think NJW was offering to trade with you at all.  But use the give ability, N1, under a particularly bad situation, as a signal:

If Toony has lied to me in a major way and I think I'll die tonight... hmph, I'll pass it to Tric as an indicator that Toony should be eliminated. Unlikely to be the case, but you never know.

@TricMagic: would you be ok with the above?
I answered that beforehand Imp. Yes. I'm just saying that they don't need to be locked in to the trade if they want to use their ability N1.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 153