Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58215 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Other folks who might be more inclined to be okay with this plan are folks who have an auto-revive, if any exist.
Revives don't usually work on execution.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TricMagic, because one must not abide a SK to live
Overpowered-cascade-vunerability-kill-suspicious-limitation-daytime, perhaps.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Well, they shouldn't, but there's plenty of examples of them doing exactly that, even in a NQT game. Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade had Shakerag reviving over and over from being hammered.

I don't think the power level of this game is that high, but I could easily be mistaken.

Tric! Why does your ability have no maximum execution count!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, then that still points to just picking a group of people to live instead?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Do you really fully absolutely trust Tric here though? I think he's an SK.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Other folks who might be more inclined to be okay with this plan are folks who have an auto-revive, if any exist.

Well, they shouldn't, but there's plenty of examples of them doing exactly that, even in a NQT game. Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade had Shakerag reviving over and over from being hammered.

Super-suspicious-self-preservation-limitation-daytime, perhaps.

Either way, I don't like the idea of roleplaying Jonestown.

NAI.  As scum I went for a plan that was likely to kill me, and had unusually high odds of a town win.

I don't see this plan as having a 60% or higher chance of a town win, I think what goes on is way more complex and convoluted than that - plus this is not a short game intended to end really fast before a much more complex and interesting game happened.  I would really like to see this game played out, and I think playing it out has a higher chance of a town win than recreating Jonestown ... which too supposedly had one on-site survivor, Hyacinth Thrash.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #486 on: January 30, 2024, 05:18:23 pm »

So yeah, 4 eliminations cause the second place is tied up with the rest.
Uh, you know there's an auto-win here, right?
Auto win?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you really fully absolutely trust Tric here though? I think he's an SK.
Fallacy of Urist seems town here because of what I think is tunneling but the focus on sk specifically and Fallacy may or may not having an agenda behind this(Tricmagic could kill the most scum) makes me feel more suspicious of them.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, if somehow everyone votes one person. You're not wrong, though would require we pick someone to act as town. Which couldn't be me given everything.

As a question to everyone. If you had to pick 1 player to survive The Votering, who would you pick? I pick Imp. Cause they don't seem teamed at the moment, so either solo TP or town..

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I pick Imp.

Thank you, but I hate this idea.

As town, I hate it.

If I held in my power an item that could kill every one of us but me, and I am town, and know using it would result in a town win.

I would try to preserve it for later in the game, when it might be the only chance of a town win.

I love this game.  I want it played out.  I seriously mean thank you.

But this... is a power that destroys fun.  Even if we could ensure it did everything, flat out everything, to actually work as intended.

That said, I don't mind picking my 'town or lose' person - Toony.

But I would say to Toony, if this was an item, don't use it unless there's no other way.

I really feel strongly about this.

As a player who picked a Toony-described hard path in FBYOR6, as a survivor who chose to play fully pro-town in Max's supernatural, bleep bleeeeeeeeeeeeeep I do not want us to do this idea.

Talk about it, great.  Maybe lynch even 3-4, or try to, worth considering.  But I'm fine with 1-2.  I like this game and it barely started.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NAI.  As scum I went for a plan that was likely to kill me, and had unusually high odds of a town win.

I don't see this plan as having a 60% or higher chance of a town win, I think what goes on is way more complex and convoluted than that - plus this is not a short game intended to end really fast before a much more complex and interesting game happened.  I would really like to see this game played out, and I think playing it out has a higher chance of a town win than recreating Jonestown ... which too supposedly had one on-site survivor, Hyacinth Thrash.
Can you change your Spheres mid-game?

We started with specific Spheres without the idea of what would be created by them.  Backfilling an idea that could survive only works if they planned on that existing, which, uh, no they didn't.

Right, if somehow everyone votes one person. You're not wrong, though would require we pick someone to act as town. Which couldn't be me given everything.

As a question to everyone. If you had to pick 1 player to survive The Votering, who would you pick? I pick Imp. Cause they don't seem teamed at the moment, so either solo TP or town..
This is the wrong pick.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait fuck

If this is a mass execute power, not a double execute power, it doesn't make sense for Town or Mafia

And you know who acts like Town Tric?

SK Tric

SK Tric is the scariest Tric, and I can't believe I'm considering him an actual threat, but he won FBYOR 5 as SK, he could totally do it again

Web, stop falling for his trap, Tric needs to die!
Thanks for the compliment.

As clairifcation. The one with the most votes is lynched. Then my power comes in, and lynches the person with the second most votes. In case of ties, everyone in that situation is lynched. If everyone is at 1, then 1 person would be lynched, then all the rest as the second place. If one person is at 2 and everyone else at 1, then the first is lynched, then the rest.

I'm asking NQT if that can also happen in case of no votes. Cause that's somewhat improtant information. Never really considered the auto-win given how much trust it would take, and well. Dragon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Not much time to myself this evening, and things have moved fast.

Toonyman: wait, so I don't draw the mafiakill tonight? That's annoying.

Based on what I currently have seen from everyone and read, I am comfortable with it being in NJW's hands.  NJW, should we be alive when you want another home for that object, I'll do anything reasonable I can to help with that, though I can't ensure I'll have an item ready to trade when the time comes if trading's how you want to handle it.
Got it, I'll keep this in mind. At the moment, I think it's sensible for me to hold onto it as I can potentially foil the mafiakill, although sadly that will have to be N2 if at all, if I've understood correctly.

If Toony has lied to me in a major way and I think I'll die tonight... hmph, I'll pass it to Tric as an indicator that Toony should be eliminated. Unlikely to be the case, but you never know.

@TricMagic: would you be ok with the above?

Imp: thanks for posting the FoU stuff... my games with him have mostly been scum!FoU, that may be colouring my thinking. I'll mull it over.

Huh... didn't realise Tric's ability had that feature. Yikes. I suggest an ultra-lethal Chinese Fire drill approach.
One wheel short of a wagon

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #493 on: January 30, 2024, 05:32:30 pm »

Then something is seriously wrong.  NQT!!!!!

Bickering continues. From up the galleries, a wandering mendicant monk of the 13th order hectors those down below who dare invoke his name. The horse-trading starts, as the electors make promises, suggestions and threats...

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [2] Sofanthiel, Maximum Spin
- FallacyofUrist
- Imp - [2] NJW2000, Crystalizedmire
- Quarque - 
- Maximum Spin [3] FallacyofUrist, Webadict, Quarque
- NJW2000
- Sofanthiel - [2] Euchrejack, TricMagic
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic
- Webadict - [1] Imp
- No Elimination

Current Eliminations: Maximum Spin

Please, is there a typo in the number of eliminations showing here?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you change your Spheres mid-game?

We started with specific Spheres without the idea of what would be created by them.  Backfilling an idea that could survive only works if they planned on that existing, which, uh, no they didn't.
I have an ability which allows me to apply a sphere to a random ability of another player so yes.
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 153