Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58013 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - Fear of Commitment
« Reply #2175 on: February 10, 2024, 12:00:06 pm »

Someone please hand me a gun so I can shoot Toony. Cause I'm certain that if Fallacy is town, this game gets much harder for us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: February 10, 2024, 12:05:10 pm »

Someone please hand me a gun so I can shoot Toony. Cause I'm certain that if Fallacy is town, this game gets much harder for us.

+1.

WAIT!  No kills while Page is in play!!!! ... oh.

Hey, I handed you a gun, it just got to you late.

I even recommend you shoot Toony with it.  Unless/until we find better uses for it.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: February 10, 2024, 12:07:14 pm »

That you did, for all that it can only target and doesn't do anything else.
Eventually that page has to go, otherwise we all just lynch ourselves to death. Ton of WIFOM is NJW survives to D7.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: February 10, 2024, 12:08:15 pm »

Honestly want Jack dead. Hand him the page NJW. More importantly, ask NQT if you're still be the kill target that night if you hand it off.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: February 10, 2024, 12:11:08 pm »

Honestly want Jack dead. Hand him the page NJW. More importantly, ask NQT if you're still be the kill target that night if you hand it off.
NQT cleared up how the redirect specifically triggers: The redirect only happens if the player with the Bible Page possesses it for both that Day and still have it at the end of the next Night. In other words, if I successfully remove the item from my possession today then the redirect won't happen for anybody tonight.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: February 10, 2024, 12:15:57 pm »

Tric.  Possible temporary better use for that rifle.

Would you mind matching this trade?

Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Airsoft Rifle

To my mind it has more potential value than potential downsides, and of course I mean pro-town.

At very least, it gets a glass into someone else's hands today, if FoU is our D3 elim.  If I die tonight, there's at least a chance someone (probably you) can use the glass you trade for to find out something about how/why.

nqt has me in total fridge horror right now.  I'm scared of EJ too, in the slow creeper 'but could we stop him in time' way.  I don't think I'll feel sure or confident about anything until this game's over.

I think either FoU is anti-town or has been heavily and deeply set up, multiple layers of set up, which what scum thought they might need that level of depth?  And I didn't do anything to 'set FoU up' except be very slow and non-specific to confirm that mysterious 'something was duped' claim D2, and I think FoU lied about what was duped, with Max helping 'confirm' was overpowered (a sphere I think they guessed I had) when they actually dupped something else (A sphere they also guessed I had).  I don't think FoU does that alone, but FoU+Max, heck yeah.  And Max led the claim on getting me to admit more, but his flip makes that look lie and aimed at getting me to admit more.

Oh well, I'm now trying to be the one aimed for, if anti-town gets to aiming.  May the Page protect us all, and even more, may this game please please end with D3, fun as it is, this is the scariest and most fridge-horror thing I've ever been a part of in Mafia.  I love/hate it, make it stop/what happens next?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: February 10, 2024, 12:18:36 pm »

No one is dead Imp, and we haven't seen any framing.

... Ugh. I really want to see that Bible Page. I feel like something is off. NJW, can you ask NQT the same question Toony did to confirm the info?

... That might not help if they're teamed.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: February 10, 2024, 12:25:04 pm »

sputters

I might just give Toony a gun to shoot you with (non-lethal while the Page remains in play).

No one is dead

I count 4 dead, and 2 of them are deaths I like.

Why are we still in alternate realities, Tric?

All I know is I have a way to trade this darn Glass today and ensure that 2 people have a glass for use tonight, should 2 of us choose to confirm EP's report, verify web's death wasn't messed with, check to see if a sphere was used on Maximum Spin during the D2 phase when he died with a mysterious flip which currently seems a hot damn we gotta do that, why did I just think of this now, or check and see if anything was used on sof the D1 that sof was elim.

If I happen to die tonight, there's the chance the glass dies with me.  That doesn't seem ideal.

I'll trade it to anyone for anything except the Page.  Since it will dup when I trade it today, it has zero value for me, I will take a zero value item for it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: February 10, 2024, 12:46:43 pm »

sputters

I might just give Toony a gun to shoot you with (non-lethal while the Page remains in play).

No one is dead

I count 4 dead, and 2 of them are deaths I like.

Why are we still in alternate realities, Tric?

All I know is I have a way to trade this darn Glass today and ensure that 2 people have a glass for use tonight, should 2 of us choose to confirm EP's report, verify web's death wasn't messed with, check to see if a sphere was used on Maximum Spin during the D2 phase when he died with a mysterious flip which currently seems a hot damn we gotta do that, why did I just think of this now, or check and see if anything was used on sof the D1 that sof was elim.

If I happen to die tonight, there's the chance the glass dies with me.  That doesn't seem ideal.

I'll trade it to anyone for anything except the Page.  Since it will dup when I trade it today, it has zero value for me, I will take a zero value item for it.

We have webadict and sof. I checked webadict, so that's mafia. (No spheres used on them that day)
Quarque died, and has been checked. Fruit(Max) killed them.
Max got lynched.

The only targets left are sofanthiel, who even if they aren't TP doesn't really matter here, and Max, whose's flip shows they were the killer N1.
After today, there will be another target from the lynch. Are you saying Fallacy is Town Imp?

The magnifying glass has no use investigating lynch targets, since once the last scum is hit, the game ends. Framing doesn't do anything. And so it can only get info from those targeted by night kills. Which cannot occur the night it happens. Ergo, No one is dead. There aren't any targets to use it on that are actually useful, compared to confirming my action on Toony, which is barely anything.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: February 10, 2024, 12:48:22 pm »

Why do you think... Right, no item.

Trade Airsoft Rifle for Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: February 10, 2024, 12:59:20 pm »

Thank you.

Yeah, I think maybe someone did something to Max the phase he died, D2 when Elim, to make his flip look different than it looked start of D2.

Or he just lied and is teamed with FoU.

If we do Elim FoU and game ends D3, no harm done, trade won't even happen, game ends before trades and all anti-town are dead (I don't see a way for anyone else to possibly win D3 with current deaths).

No matter who we Elim D3, if game doesn't end D3, then we can use info from the glass to check on Max and confirm 'Nope, no spheres used on Max D3 (and I bet if something changed his flip, there's spheres involved)'.

Only reason for someone other than EP to check on Qua with the glass is to see if there's any chance EP lied.  Personally I don't 100% believe EP (EP still keeps looking very townie to me though) and think a second opinion is wise.

I don't 100% believe Tric, so someone checking on web is slightly wise in my view (I have no suspicion of reasons to check web with glass, but if we run out of better things to check, why not?)

Nobody glassed sof.  Why bother?  Well, it's a free action and while I expect the answer is 'no spheres used on sof D1' - if there are spheres in use there, I'd be quite interested to know.  This entire game has me going 'oh crap' so while I have better things to do, glass is free action.  As we have time, if the game goes that long, why not someone eventually check even sof.

Or not.  I don't care if the glass is used or not.  If you think it's pro-town to use it, joy.  If you think it's not pro-town to use it, joy.

If we get another death and it's the one person who had the glass - there's my Xanatos.  Let's get more glasses in more hands, most of our hands are pro-town with the flips we've seen.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: February 10, 2024, 01:20:46 pm »

Fallacy: I still think you're sk. I never implied I thought you were mafia

Ahhh, that makes sense.

Well, if if I'm a SK, what's my role's modus operandi?
Just because your role can help town, doesn't mean that you're town aligned in any way. I think your role is about duplicating your accelerates and other people's abilities so that there is enough of a splash to improve yourself.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: February 10, 2024, 01:24:19 pm »

Fallacy: I still think you're sk. I never implied I thought you were mafia

Ahhh, that makes sense.

Well, if if I'm a SK, what's my role's modus operandi?
Just because your role can help town, doesn't mean that you're town aligned in any way. I think your role is about duplicating your accelerates and other people's abilities so that there is enough of a splash to improve yourself.
Honestly kinda weak. SK usually have ways to kill. They'd need to have a multi-kill of some sort, but their role is rather random.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: February 10, 2024, 01:48:58 pm »

@Tric:
FoU pushed for NJW alongside Max on D2 because eliminating NJW would solve the Bible conundrum they faced and also stop the lynch from being Max. Max also suggested we eliminate Jack or do a No Lynch instead because a no lynch is still better than one of their mafia members being killed. Jack of course claims a lynch-protection, however I still think it would be odd for Jack to be mafia with Max here.

Look at the EoD2 vote count:
Vote Count — Day 2
- Crystalizedmire -
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack -
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Maximum Spin - [5] NJW2000, Crystalizedmire, Euchrejack, Tricmagic, ToonyMan
- NJW2000 - [2] Imp, FallacyofUrist
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic - 
- No Elimination - [1] Maximum Spin
This is a confused and paranoid town!Imp voting NJW alongside a mafia!FoU trying to save Max.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: February 10, 2024, 02:26:09 pm »

Which is better. A flip that wastes time, or a flip that doesn't.

As it stands, and having asked NQT a question. Elephant, Jack, maybe Crystal SK. I do not believe Elephant is town, mostly due to chat.. Not that there is anything that can be done this day cause eveyone else has decided Fal must be mafia. So I say end the day and let's be done with this discussion, cause it's clearly going NOWHERE.

Sorry Fal.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 153