Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Principality of Angels [SG]  (Read 2055 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Principality of Angels [SG]
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2024, 05:32:09 am »

Maybe he told us both because he wants us to do both.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2024, 08:21:36 am »

Sticking to Tear Down! After all, becoming a Throne would not necessarily spare us from the same fate as Hamar.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2024, 09:00:30 am »

I am particularly attached to my choice. Become the Heir
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2024, 02:04:43 pm »

Become the Heir.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2024, 03:40:00 pm »

I tend to go more on the pacifist side of things... but in all honesty, these Thrones sound like jerks for going and murdering Harmar just because they were curious. I vote Tear Down the Heavens.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2024, 05:57:32 am »

Lo, and so it was that Harmar commanded the angel Wormwood to Tear Down the Heavens and cast it into the void.

Wormwood, they who appear in the figure of...what was it now?

What do you appear as to mortals? Angel are ethereal beings that are little more than sapient ideas. Still, your kind often appear in dreams or are revealed by divination.

...And where are you? Even as an angel, movement is a difficult process. As a Principality, you can only move so far beyond a distance if people who believe in you are nearby. Unless of course, your heavenly patron were to call for you...which they will not due to their undue death.

A) The Civilised World
B) The Wild North
C) The Ruined East
D) The Empty South
E) The Watery West
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 05:59:51 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2024, 09:43:18 am »

C No strong preference, but east to find buried treasure and secrets.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2024, 01:28:35 pm »

Appearance: A grim, gray-cloaked figure that is neither male nor female but somewhere in between. In their hands they carry nothing, but there is a general feeling of bitterness and resentment about them at all times, making them seem perpetually upset about something.
(Of course, anyone else is free to suggest alternate appearances, I'm not the best at those.)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2024, 02:09:49 pm »

Appearance: A grim, gray-cloaked figure that is neither male nor female but somewhere in between. In their hands they carry nothing, but there is a general feeling of bitterness and resentment about them at all times, making them seem perpetually upset about something.

Oh yeah, +1 appearance!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2024, 05:50:11 pm »

Appearance: A skeletal human with the wings of a vulture, holding a book of Harmar's deeds and commandments that has been thoroughly eaten by both bookworms and time.

C works
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2024, 09:01:14 pm »

Appearance: A skeletal human with the wings of a vulture, holding a book of Harmar's deeds and commandments that has been thoroughly eaten by both bookworms and time.

C works
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2024, 09:01:56 pm »

C works
+1
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2024, 03:09:33 am »

C works
+1
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2024, 09:34:14 am »

Chapter 1:
A Prince and Their People - The Proclivities of a Servant of the Star Unmade, The Damnation of Their Host, Selection of Their Affinities and their Delusions of Grandeur

You are Wormwood, Principality of the Harmaric Host, Lord of Sorcery, Listener of Whispers and Righteous Hand of Vengeance.

An angel of Harmar is acquainted with the concepts of Death, Nature, Mien and Sorcery. You command the mastery of sorcery above all. Such things are intrinsic to your nature; as much a part of you as your thoughts and motions. Any course of action that involves such things are likely to be easier or at least simpler for yourself - especially those involving sorcery.

Minor Affinity acquired: Death
Minor Affinity acquired: Nature
Minor Affinity acquired: Mien
Major Affinity acquired: Sorcery

Still, you are but one iota of the divine grandeur that was Harmar. You lack the manner of a Virtue, the strength of an Authority or divine mimicry as with the Dominions. You are a Principality, one who guides and advises mortals.

So it is that you decided to journey into the Ruined East, where your lord fell and was unmade; it is a realm not quite enslaved by Reality, but not quite unreal. Carried in the hearts of a handful of your loyal followers, you are in a precarious position. Should your few followers fall, you would find yourself bound to whatever land their corpses would end up. Little more than a grave guardian. You would need to find a new host people, and quickly.

What people you have are those that have not relented in their faith to you and Harmar. A difficult thing, considering the shortness of mortal lives. You are currently inhabiting the heart(s) of...

a) The 19th Tribe, Enkarim, swornfolk of Harmar - sons and daughters of the three-horned Wild One, they were Harmar's chosen people who lived in perfect union with nature. In those times they were a hardy folk that moved with the seasons and fed on whatever nature would grant them. As Harmar gave into his obsession with the Manner of Things, the 19th Tribe were slowly forgotten and left to their own devices. When Harmar fell, the other Tribes fell upon them and scattered them beyond the Civilised World. Though divided, they still journey throughout the world and cautiously worship the memory of Harmar. Those that journey with you are of the Royal Clan and bear the defunct kingship of their people. Princess Rakel leads them. In the East, it is more than likely that more of the Tribe can be found.

c) The Rozarite Cabal, those who dance upon the Firmament - cultists initiated into Harmar's secrets, they were those who embraced the art of sorcery and emulated Harmar's untangling of reality's mysteries. Named for their dead chimeric high priest, the Cabal danced in the cities and the wilds. In their esoteric motions and careful gestures, they delved into the minute details of reality, searching for secrets to existence unknown and known. The Cabal as a whole were smote by the Thrones for their heresy. Those that passed on their secrets only know piecemeal ideas and techniques. Still, they are likely amongst the best sorcerers in this age. They are lead by Ufu, who knows of the blasphemous creation of chimeric life.

d) A Merchant Named Luthen - you have been severely unlucky. For centuries, you have been stuck in place as a grave guardian. It was by the unforeseen passage of the travelling merchant Luthen that you are once more mobile. Not very influential nor rich, Luthen  is somewhat loyal. He risks death for his actions and hopes to reap rewards later on. He has intricate knowledge of the trade routes in the East and what goods can be found in what regions.

e) An Adventurer Named Sherhan - you have been severely unlucky. For thousands of years, you have been bound to an idol deep within an abandoned temple. It was Sherhan who found you when she delved into the deeps in search of treasure. You made a pact with her; she would serve you and in return, you would grant her boons. She is an able warrior and traveler, though one ungifted in sorcery.

f) The Boy Named Al - you have been incredibly unlucky. Until recently, you were dead. Or rather, whatever passed for your kind. Struck down in the wilds, a mere fraction of what you were had been bound to a pebble (its a long story). Only a few weeks ago, a young child (you believe he is ten?) found your pebble, and somehow awakened you. You...are not sure who Al is exactly - he is very quiet about his history - but you...feel something within his soul. He likes dogs and the colour red.

g) Or perhaps...you are with others?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 10:50:23 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2024, 10:47:55 am »

Hmmm main vote is got to be C for Cabal , just get right into the sorcery blasting.

Secondary vote for the unlucky options would be for D, Luthen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3