Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35224 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 4
« Reply #1080 on: January 17, 2024, 08:51:11 pm »

So, God has been on and not declared hammer or anything.

We've already gotten a request for a votecount.

I am clueless, for all I fear and obey God, but God hasn't said much recently so...

Until I know better, I continue to talk.

For all I know that smokescreen ate Sof's vote.

Now, what was I doing?

Oh yeah, web...

Oh, yeah.  Cult leader with no vote, no kill (supposedly) and gotta try to determine who to take who is useful, and not, like, deadly to take.

regards web thoughtfully indeed, somewhat akin to how the deacon had looked, as that worthy had regarded EuchreJack the previous evening.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 17, 2024, 08:53:58 pm »

vote me and lose immediately

And, umm, can you explain the mechanics of that a bit more?
No, this isn't a negotiation.  This is a hostage situation.

It really is, isn't it?  I mean, are we seeing this?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCPVGstdNjU

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: End of Day 4
« Reply #1082 on: January 17, 2024, 09:39:09 pm »

That was in fact hammer, 3/5 on sofanthiel.

sofanthiel was:
Robot
Win Condition: You win if the vampire wins and all players not teamed with you are dead or have irrecoverably lost.

(1-shot [used], Night) Abduct (target): You remove your target from the game. All other actions which would hit your target fail.
(Night) Throw Back: If you have abducted another player, you return the abducted player to the game and gain a shot of Abduct (which can be used the same Night). Otherwise, nothing happens.

(Auto) Concealed Malware: If you have not killed anyone, you still appear to be a Robot.
(Auto) Guard Programming: If any of your teammates would be killed, you take the hit instead.
(Night) Photon Cannon (target): You kill your target. You cannot use this ability in any phase during which any of your teammates use a kill ability.
(Night) Passive Interdiction (target): You redirect your target's actions to yourself.
(Day) Active Interdiction (target): Your target cannot be lynched this phase.

I would like to write some end-of-day flavor when possible, but for now, this will at least keep the game moving. Consider it night.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires Win
« Reply #1083 on: January 18, 2024, 06:32:05 pm »

for apparently the first time, I'm not sick when I'm trying to start a game, so let's see whether I suddenly come down with ebola because of this.
Haha! What a great joke!

I'm kind of really sick! Notquitethere is dead, was human! TricMagic is dead, was human! Imp is dead, was a werewolf survivor! Vampire webadict wins! Vampire/Reptilian "Quarque" hector13 wins! Robot sofanthiel wins! Banshee EuchreJack loses! Everyone else also loses! Ask me for flavor and roleflips later! I had written some really great flavor for this ending in my head, maybe you'll get to see it!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win
« Reply #1084 on: January 18, 2024, 06:37:23 pm »

Survive, heal, thrive.

Looking forward for the flavor.  Great game, I loved this.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 18, 2024, 06:42:52 pm »

Gonna post here what I sent to Max in a PM:
"I'm guessing I get to sit in the spaceship until the end of time, right?

...I feel like, with my character description, that counts as a win. Humans have to spend a lot of money to die in space."

So, Max can say what he wants, but I'm gonna just say I won.  :P

Role:
You planned to hunker down at home and rest tonight, but you wake up in the woods with twigs and bracken in your hair and your own screams echoing in your ears. Not again, you think. You just want to rest. Maybe you can finally get some rest when everyone else is gone.

You're a banshee, cursed to herald the deaths of the living for eternity as punishment for long-forgotten crimes. You don't understand why humans insist on dying all the time so you can never get any rest. If this punishment was supposed to teach you something, it didn't work - you only want to be rid of them once and for all.

Banshee
Win Condition: You win if all other players are dead or have irrecoverably lost.

(1-Shot, Auto) Revenant: The first time you die, you immediately revive.
(Night) Scream (target): You scream outside your target's house. Your target will die the following Night, if you are still alive. You may optionally Gaze at the same target.
(Night) Gaze (target): You spend the night stalking your target. You learn the names of all players who act on your target. You may optionally Scream at the same target.

Alternate win condition:
You know, the deal of getting specchat access in exchange for getting kicked out of the game is tempting. I hate SK win conditions.
Well, you wouldn't be the banshee if you'd targeted anyone...
But if it really bothers you that much, I'll give you a free human-ally win condition at no cost to you, and you can choose which one to pursue.

Win Condition: You win if the humans win and you are still alive.

This shouldn't seriously affect the balance.

@Crystalmire: I'm sorry that I killed you, although you were getting conned fairly hard by sofanthiel, and it was getting fairly obvious.
@NQT: I'm still glad I killed you.  10/10 would do it again, even knowing it would lead to my losing. :P

Scum played well, town did not play exceptionally. But in town's defense, they were hopelessly outnumbered.  Balance...needed work.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 18, 2024, 06:46:36 pm »

Gonna post here what I sent to Max in a PM:
"I'm guessing I get to sit in the spaceship until the end of time, right?

...I feel like, with my character description, that counts as a win. Humans have to spend a lot of money to die in space."

I'd asked about that for myself.

I was told... "Hypothetically, if being abducted by aliens is a real thing, then, for players who don't have to care about town, being abducted by aliens at the end of the game is technically survival, but I'm not sure it would be a pleasant life afterward."

Also, here's how I started!

Geez, what a boring execution. You tried to help as best you could. Hopefully everyone will trust you now... you don't want your own neck hanging from that thing any time soon. You're not exactly evil, but it's hard to get people to look past appearances these days.

Once you're safely out of sight in the woods, you transform and scamper off looking for sofanthiel, who seemed awfully shady. But it turns out sofanthiel didn't go anywhere anyway... the scent trail lingers for a while in the center of town, then heads back to the quiet farmhouse where he lives. Still, knowing where someone wasn't is almost as good as knowing where he was, sometimes, at least for a werewolf looking to build trust and make it through a crisis. Maybe you should think about starting a pack now? It'd be nice to have someone you can rely on.

Werewolf
Win Condition: You win if you are alive at the end of the game.

(Auto) Instinct: If you would be killed by an ordinary human in the night, you kill your killer instead, though your action will be disrupted as if you were roleblocked. Certain special kills may be exceptions.
(Night) Bloodhound (target): Your infallible nose tracks your target's movements all night.
(1-shot, Night) Bite (target): If you target an ordinary human, you pass along the lycanthropic curse, granting your target certain abilities and making your target a werewolf-ally. However, if you target a malicious being stronger than yourself with this ability, you will be killed instead, though your target will be roleblocked.
(1-shot, Auto) Plenilunary: If you die and your body remains intact the next night, you revive.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 18, 2024, 06:48:14 pm »

Sof and qua, when were you recruited by web....

OOORRRRR

qua... you actually were the big bad maybe?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 18, 2024, 06:52:52 pm »

I suspect Web killed Qua, then Qua resurrected as scum.  If you remember Dracula, etc., it makes sense. Normal until the first kill, can only recruit one other vampire, new vampire must spend one night dead before they come back.

Sof was always scum.  Poor Crystal was fooled the whole time.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 18, 2024, 06:55:37 pm »

Sof was originally a town-ally, but got reprogrammed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 18, 2024, 06:58:54 pm »

Imp, be warned he's trying to double-bluff you. He knows you know that he wanted to be eliminated on D1, and so he's priming you to think he wants to be eliminated because he's a joker or it'll make him more powerful somehow, so you second-guess yourself and eliminate someone else instead. I've explained it all in this handy infographic:

NQT contributed this gem.

Sof was originally a town-ally, but got reprogrammed.
Of course, the guy who hates cults creates a cults game.  Typical
I strongly suspect we've been following a False God all along...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 18, 2024, 07:02:07 pm »

Yeah, at that point figured it was webadict. But not much else could do but go through.

You're not sure what to do in this situation. Well, there's one thing you can do, but it's probably not the best thing to start with when you don't know what's going on. Better to do a little research first.

You quietly break into webadict's house and look through all his things, confirming to your satisfaction that there is no evidence of any recent wrongdoing.

You sigh, glad you weren't personally involved in this fiasco. Joining a mob to kill an innocent man wouldn't be doing a very good job keeping your vows. After all, you're a Dragon Knight, and you're supposed to use the power of your ancient ancestors, the dragons, to keep people safe.

As you're coming back from webadict's house, you see a strange light from the sky, then darkness.
You have been abducted. You are removed from the game until you have been returned.

Dragon Knight
Win Condition: You win when all threats to humanity are dead and at least one human is still alive.

(Night) Draconic Justice (target): You kill your target.
(Night) Draconic Eye (target): You learn whether your target has killed anyone. This action happens before any kills taking place this Night.
(Day) Draconic Voice: You gain a second vote for the duration of the day. If you use this ability, you cannot use any abilities the following Night.
(Auto) Noble Bloodline: You cannot be lynched if you have not killed anyone.
I really should have shot Hector, but didn't think there would be 3. Did I at least get webadict?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 07:04:04 pm by TricMagic »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 18, 2024, 07:05:19 pm »

Of course, the guy who hates cults creates a cults game.  Typical
I strongly suspect we've been following a False God all along...
I don't hate cults, I love them. I made a whole short game about competing conversions not that long ago. You're thinking of webadict.

By the way, EuchreJack is actually free as of the end of the night because every player responsible for managing abduction is dead.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 18, 2024, 07:08:03 pm »

I really should have shot Hector, but didn't think there would be 3. Did I at least get webadict?
No, you were roleblocked by notquitethere, who was redirected to you by webadict.

ETA: Specifically, webadict has a power to redirect players who target him to one another, if more than one. If you had both targeted hector/"Quarque", preventing him from shooting you while also killing him, town would almost certainly have won.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 07:12:51 pm by Maximum Spin »

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 18, 2024, 07:11:01 pm »

we've been following a False God all along...
Blaspheme!

Any-a-ways, good game, you puny sacks of human meat, tangled intestines, and deboned spine! :)
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 76