Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35473 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 4
« Reply #990 on: January 17, 2024, 03:35:12 pm »

I'd need to understand the conflict between CM's claims that you analyze the abductee.
I was able to attempt to analyze myself on the first night, was I not?  The only difference is that, when I inspect a creature in my custody, I am also able to determine whether it qualifies as "interesting", i.e., the target of my primary mission.

Since nqt's defense of Tric is accepted as genuine, I might as well act in accordance with it.

I'm the hammer on you today, sof, I think, unless you help me understand why you smoked to protect web.

You clearly had time to read, think discuss.  God was delaying the hammer in case you decided to get here and act.

Giving you time to decide was **clearly** an option for you.  I had time to discuss how much I was squirming about with God a LOT... in the hopes it amused Him and helped him be aware at least one player was noticing and cared, which is surely good for a God to know either way ...

But I think TM, qua, and I will agree you die today, web dies tomorrow, if not tonight.

That also prevents you doing something with the abduction stuff, in case you can.  Seems ideal to me.

So, talk yourself out of that, or decide how to use that to help your wincon, because... my anxiety's now 150,000/10, and the idea of that plan is kinda soothing it an insignificant little bit.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 17, 2024, 03:50:33 pm »

help me understand why you smoked to protect web.
Because web was struck with the prematurest hammer of all premature hammers!  Upon leaving hibernation mode, I was hit with the realization that I didn't even get an opportunity to describe my night actions when our fate had been almost fully sealed!
You clearly had time to read, think discuss.  God was delaying the hammer in case you decided to get here and act.
There was not.  Here is what God said:
If any players with vote abilities want to use them, I'll give a grace period, I guess, but otherwise, I believe you are correct.
Perhaps it was a horribly timed misunderstanding, but I took the above to mean that I have one last chance to use my ability, not talk it over with all of you in the thread because a hammer has, by that point, technically already occurred.  It was a rash decision, and one I do not actually regret taking after crunching the numbers.

If it really is the two of them as a vampire team and web as some lone scum-jester thing, we need to lynch nqt today; otherwise, the game is already over.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 17, 2024, 03:57:51 pm »

Are we being careful and thoughtful about this?
That is the only thing I am careful about; Crystal and I laid out a plan of action last night, and lynching Tric is at the top of the list.  Revenge for my operator is more simply a figurative expression, displaying the fact that I must keep following orders given to me by my user in accordance with the second law of robotics.

... so how was this 'not even getting an opportunity to describe your night actions'?

No, really.  I'm a literal thinker, apparently, many of you have said... which I don't get, I'm pure analogy and metaphor, but I can understand direct and simple stuff.  I sure notice conflicts.

This seems to conflict.  You could have, you had an opportunity to discuss night actions.

Instead you made two very unhelpful posts that muddy things up, and conflict now - with your claim that you didn't have a chance before.  "This is not the truth I see" stuff seems scummy to me, not sure if you can help me understand you better?

There was not.  Here is what God said:
If any players with vote abilities want to use them, I'll give a grace period, I guess, but otherwise, I believe you are correct.
Perhaps it was a horribly timed misunderstanding, but I took the above to mean that I have one last chance to use my ability, not talk it over with all of you in the thread because a hammer has, by that point, technically already occurred.  It was a rash decision, and one I do not actually regret taking after crunching the numbers.

If it really is the two of them as a vampire team and web as some lone scum-jester thing, we need to lynch nqt today; otherwise, the game is already over.

Umm, so.  God had delayed for more than a half hour.

Sure, you probably couldn't discuss in the thread.

But discuss with God, I think you could have.

And even just read the thread, I think you could have and I think you know that you could have.

God looks playfully patient to me there.  God was waiting for you.  Now, sure, God might wait for you, then dance you like a toy once you're here to be a toy.  That seems a God I know and like, in range if not the only possibility.

But you had time to read like you didn't have time to be here.  Even if you threw that away.  You had the choice, because it had already been so long before you were here.

So, what now, sof?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 17, 2024, 04:02:27 pm »

You know I am fully willing to lend my voice to your execution right? No matter what honeyed words you spread, they're made from buttercups, poisonous and false. It would be something for me to claim dragon to throw off vampire claims, but it's more likely you're the vampire here. Not mentioning the fact I was kinda expecting to get shot by Hector tonight.

All you've done is muddy the waters and cause confusion at night. You weren't even the one to capture Jack, Crystal was. Multiple hammers beforehand too, and little talking, most of all day 3. You attempted to hammer to end day discussion completely. That is not the mark of town. Had you let it go, there was a good chance of town winning, barring us being completely wrong about things.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 17, 2024, 04:07:34 pm »

You could have made the suggestion that webadict wanted to be lynched. That's certainly true enough. You could have used your triplevote on someone not voting to extend time. But nope, you analyze someone you've captured and released, unraveling the expectation that they needed to be captured first. You're attempting to lynch someone purely off of a mechanical read of me, cause you think me scum. When multiple people have actually noted I am town without that. I have not killed a single time. I did not even get to act last night or N2. For me to be scum, going along with NQT's insane plan of role-confirming me..

Well, not insane, I kinda expect them to want to determine my actual role in case I was another SK lurking in the wings. There are many arguments you could have made, but you need a scum team to actually exist. Without it you're a fairy tale.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 17, 2024, 04:08:38 pm »

Hey, nqt.  Umm... Seems I may have this really expensive way to roleblock.

Now, I don't particularly believe web and the redirection stuff.  I especially don't believe he can redirect all of us.

But you only kinda suggested you can roleblock.

If you were my advisor, person who knows a lot.

Would you advise me to pay a really high price to roleblock web?  This might be useful if you already are, so he can't just redirect one of us and be fine.

He also would have had to redirect while coming out of being abducted.  I know they get an action when being abducted, I'm surprised if they get an action while being returned.

I don't think webbie redirected anyone.

But I also don't know that you can roleblock.

So, let's flip this and protect you as much as we can.

Should I risk an extremely high price tonight to roleblock web?  Or is it probably fine without that?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 17, 2024, 04:10:33 pm »

God had delayed for more than a half hour.
A half-hour is not much in the grand scheme of things.  In fact, when I submitted the prayer, God replied with a moderate amount of annoyance because, I believe, he might have been close to tallying up the votes as I sent him the message.  I came in at the nick of time! :D

Now, as per my first few posts, there is a reason I didn't claim my night action before everyone else: if I did, either nqt or Tric could have come up with a billion rationalizations and given each other appropriate alibis.  I wanted to wait for all players to say their piece first.  You can even see in my very first post that I voted for Tric--a move you found questionable.  Well, now you know why.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 17, 2024, 04:12:58 pm »

Consider this. Crystal's team wins if town wins and they have an interesting specimen. Sofanthiel's team wins if the scum wins and they have an interesting specimen. Since Crystal is dead, victory defaults to Sofanthiel's condition, assuming they weren't converted and it's a moot point. Has Sofantheil been lynched, Crystal would have died immediately after due to this, hence why Sofanthiel's lynch could never occur under any conditions. They'd be unable to win either way if that happened. Crystal was fully willing to be lynched to prevent this.

Soanthiel, it's not a questionable move. I'd vote myself just to doublecheck. But you are aware that it's the first to post that has the most weight right? And the fact that I specifically said I used my night action for the extra vote during the day?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 17, 2024, 04:14:00 pm »

multiple people have actually noted I am town
Oh, really?  Quote them, then.  Quote the multiple unnamed people that have, without the shadow of a doubt, confirmed your alignment to be town.  If I see proof of that statement, then and only then will I consider believing you.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 17, 2024, 04:15:31 pm »

Consider this. Crystal's team wins if town wins and they have an interesting specimen. Sofanthiel's team wins if the scum wins and they have an interesting specimen.

Not possible if they are true team.  This is God's game and he was clear.

That would require either they were never a true team, and God seems to have made it clear to CM that they are teamed, and I sure hope I was clear enough that SHE would ask those questions because she can talk to god.

So I think they were a true team.

So no, that's not possible OR sof got converted so it is possible, with or without the interesting specimen.

Or sof's that... kinda player.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 17, 2024, 04:17:08 pm »

1000!  Do I win a prize, Lord above?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 17, 2024, 04:20:56 pm »

God had delayed for more than a half hour.
A half-hour is not much in the grand scheme of things.  In fact, when I submitted the prayer, God replied with a moderate amount of annoyance because, I believe, he might have been close to tallying up the votes as I sent him the message.  I came in at the nick of time! :D

Now, as per my first few posts, there is a reason I didn't claim my night action before everyone else: if I did, either nqt or Tric could have come up with a billion rationalizations and given each other appropriate alibis.  I wanted to wait for all players to say their piece first.  You can even see in my very first post that I voted for Tric--a move you found questionable.  Well, now you know why.

Okay.

I'm not convinced.

Your actions look horrible to me.  your explanations are not working on me or for me.  I'm sorry, I know I've misread you before.

Maybe one or both of us gets better, hope it's the both of us.

I think I see web+sof as a anti-townteam.

Maybe TM+nqt+maybe qua as town.

Maybe TM+nqt+maybe qua as a non-town, even anti-town team.

I don't see any chance web+sof or web alone is 'can win with town'.

I can see sof as wow misguided, but town-ally or survivor or whatever.  Easy to see him as web-convert though.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 17, 2024, 04:38:08 pm »

I don't see any chance web+sof or web alone is 'can win with town'.
I don't see web as a town ally either, but if I hadn't intervened and he was hanged at dusk, nqt and Tric would've gotten an easy mafia victory.  It would only take killing one of us three to conclude the game.
multiple people have actually noted I am town
Besides, I am still waiting for Tric to deliver on this declaration and provide anything fruitful.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 17, 2024, 04:43:47 pm »

Has Sofantheil been lynched, Crystal would have died immediately after due to this
Either of us being lynched would have sabotaged the mission completely; what is your insinuation?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 17, 2024, 04:46:41 pm »

1000!  Do I win a prize, Lord above?
You can punch your card once, and if you make it to 10,000, the next post is free.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 76