Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35460 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 4
« Reply #915 on: January 17, 2024, 12:34:57 am »

Mustn't forget; TricMagic!

Um, 6 in play, 5 votes as far as any of us know, 6 if TM has 2.

Unvote, in case.  Only one of us needs test, I think.  I'm so confused and lost and... yeah.  what the what.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 17, 2024, 12:38:11 am »

This is a hostage situation.
You are walking a line so fine, my capacitors would appear to be from the 60s (1960s, mind you) in comparison, relatively speaking; on top of already self-admittedly being inhuman, you now claim to operate some pagan religious organization?  I can only hope that you aren't heretical enough to not worship our one true God and savior, Maximus be with you.

The value of your existence is negative, and you are only lucky that TricMagic outweighs you on that front.  He has been accumulating votes night after night now, and I was programmed vowed to avenge my master, even if that is the last function I perform.  I just need to make sure: God almighty, Lord above!  Impart thy wisdom unto us; is Tric still immune to thy infinitely graceful judgement and our attempts to bring him closer to you?
Umm.

Do you see any point to sharing any other info you may have?

your master, if that's CM, appears to have a needs town to win condition for winning.

Are we being careful and thoughtful about this?

Also, CM was killed I think by Jack.

Not... anyone in play.

And I don't think God has been killed, though that may explain the delay in providing the votecount?

But... sof, who is this master and who killed that master.

And what other info, like results, you got to share?

Or... you wanna say something to help me understand why not say results?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 17, 2024, 12:51:53 am »

Are we being careful and thoughtful about this?
That is the only thing I am careful about; Crystal and I laid out a plan of action last night, and lynching Tric is at the top of the list.  Revenge for my operator is more simply a figurative expression, displaying the fact that I must keep following orders given to me by my user in accordance with the second law of robotics.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 17, 2024, 01:30:44 am »

Cool, I’m the bad guy, glad we cleared that up.

Hey you.  Now that I've had time to very cool off, and several strong shocks since.

I will try to ask instead of scream about what looks scummy.  Looking forward to your ideas today, whatever the heck they are.  Looking forward to any information people choose to share, you, others, whatever.

Anyway, Qua.  Confused apology to you.  I don't know if you're scum, and I need to find a way to talk to you that works for us both when I think you're misreading and/or attempting something dangerous and misleading.  "Silently believe you" is probably not going to be possible for me, not until... I don't know what it would take.

But when you wish, please do get back in here and play, and know I'm sorry for my reactions to you, and I aim to improve my calm handling of game circumstances, which I -hope- will make this more pleasant for us all, especially you and I.

We both need to figure that out I think, it takes two to tango.

Anyway, let’s talk webadict for a second. This is the second time he’s asked to be lynched, and he doesn’t have a vote either so… like I was saying yesterday, his loss isn’t all that great because of that, so maybe he is just a cultist trying to draw the lynch so his leader has another night to recruit. Maybe he is the cult leader and he’s just making town do his dirty work for him, he benefits whether we’re right or wrong after all. Maybe he’s just trying to make us paranoid and suspect everyone else while there are no other baddies out there.

I mean we have time to think about it, but I’ve had a long-ass day so I need to chill out before thinking about all the permutations here. Hopefully Tric and NQT post in the mean time and fill in some gaps.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 17, 2024, 01:33:53 am »

Cool, I’m the bad guy, glad we cleared that up.

Hey you.  Now that I've had time to very cool off, and several strong shocks since.

I will try to ask instead of scream about what looks scummy.  Looking forward to your ideas today, whatever the heck they are.  Looking forward to any information people choose to share, you, others, whatever.

Anyway, Qua.  Confused apology to you.  I don't know if you're scum, and I need to find a way to talk to you that works for us both when I think you're misreading and/or attempting something dangerous and misleading.  "Silently believe you" is probably not going to be possible for me, not until... I don't know what it would take.

But when you wish, please do get back in here and play, and know I'm sorry for my reactions to you, and I aim to improve my calm handling of game circumstances, which I -hope- will make this more pleasant for us all, especially you and I.

We both need to figure that out I think, it takes two to tango.

Anyway, let’s talk webadict for a second. This is the second time he’s asked to be lynched, and he doesn’t have a vote either so… like I was saying yesterday, his loss isn’t all that great because of that, so maybe he is just a cultist trying to draw the lynch so his leader has another night to recruit. Maybe he is the cult leader and he’s just making town do his dirty work for him, he benefits whether we’re right or wrong after all. Maybe he’s just trying to make us paranoid and suspect everyone else while there are no other baddies out there.

I mean we have time to think about it, but I’ve had a long-ass day so I need to chill out before thinking about all the permutations here. Hopefully Tric and NQT post in the mean time and fill in some gaps.

Thanks.

Umm, I notice a distinct lack of new information in your post too, so... I guess I just missed the memo that we don't discuss info or something.  How... delightful.

I hope you chill out well and easily, but that you've also washed the chill from the grave from you already.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 17, 2024, 01:43:09 am »

But you said, let's talk webadict.

I'd like to delay on that.  Not sure what to say.  I mean, so many things seem possible there to me that... I'd like more info.

I can go anything from he's using 'idea bomb' to see what we all do, then sweep in with that read and... be something other than horrible.

to fully sincere, he meant -every- word of that, that's part of a grand plan even more complex than it looks.

to web's allied to Jack and wins with him, so needs us all dead except himself and Jack, but has no really useful stuff... like no kill, no vote, not really much else either, so he has to confuse us all into mass murder and this is the one-shot attempt to start it.

to .... the list is long.  WIFOM served strong.

Why talk web, except to say wow web?  I mean... what useful, before someone/anyone reports more info?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 17, 2024, 01:47:19 am »

As far as I can tell, there are still no valid votes on anyone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 17, 2024, 01:50:08 am »

As far as I can tell, there are still no valid votes on anyone.

TM

Precious Lord God, please, your timing confuses me.  How about now?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 17, 2024, 01:50:52 am »

Still no. Maybe I made Tric OP.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 17, 2024, 01:51:57 am »

Whew.  Unvote.  Just making sure I didn't have some magic vote or something that I wasn't allowed to know about.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 17, 2024, 02:01:49 am »

That is the only thing I am careful about; Crystal and I laid out a plan of action last night, and lynching Tric is at the top of the list.

Uuuhhhhh.  Mr. Robot-sof-sir.  So, about this plan, you guys did surely discuss the whole 'and vote immune, thus if so'.  I mean, yeah, wraith is interesting, but... you know we can lynch the bird, right?

You guys surely asked if God would allow us to lynch even once something that could not die from the lynch.  I did.

That bird can die, even to lynch, but it may need more than one 'rinse'.  Ablative armor, not just for town in the form of third parties.  If you didn't ask, maybe ask.  Explore ideas, if you wish.

But I am surprised you didn't take the immune to vote person, because we do have a few ways down here to handle bird.

That said....

the others appear to be 'hits'.  I can't tell what else, besides abduction, was tried on the birdy.  I can tell it got to visit its target.  But the abduct means nobody else could touch it.

I wonder if you guys discussed and planned that, or if the plan really was 'unvoteable TM will surely be voteable today'.  Because yeah, we probably just need to lynch and/or nk birdy 2-3 times.  Hopefully just 2.  But if TM is a baddie, it's gonna take something else.

Just saying.  I don't know that TM is a baddie.

At this moment, I'm only sure I'm not a baddie, I'm that confused.  I even asked God if I was a baddie, because I'm so confused.  God very reassuringly told me I was not a threat to humanity.  So, game is good?  The forces of not-threats-to-humanity have some chance, yeah?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 17, 2024, 02:06:25 am »

But the abduct means nobody else could touch it.

That is my theory.  Based on the roleflip of CM.  And the fact that I know I got results, but my methods are so extremely far from 'hits' that it makes sense to me, because all I do is politely come back later and read tracks.

But shooting, roleblocking, all that 'good stuff' that maybe we want done to Jack last night... that's all probably 'hits'.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 17, 2024, 02:28:41 am »

So, again, this may be discussing web, as qua suggested/asked I do.

As I see it, there must be Evil between Web, qua, TM, nqt.

Sof I want to say is true team with CM who flipped town-ally as promised.

CM's roleflip is 'alien', just named grey.

The only thing 'missing' from
CrystalizedMire was:
Grey
Win Condition: You win if the humans win and your team has abducted at least one interesting specimen.

And that's the only alteration I see from what CM claimed, so yay, at least some of us do roleflip true.

I sure hope you guys planned for the 'if humans win' part of your wincon.  I can't fault you for any choice you made, we're all running blind, and that's the obvious choice for interesting specimen + maybe you think 'cannot die' too.  Which is why I was asking, because 'cannot die' is scary.  It's not cannot die or cannot die from a lynch, if can be lynched.  It's sometimes gotta do it more than once.

But is there more than anger on your gotta kill TM?  And/or, ideally and, a plan for 'and if TM can't be lynched still, then, sof, you will/should...'

Just cause, y'know, web's plan looks objectionable and flawed.

Web, if you were trying to present to my preferences, thanks.  Umm... it misses the mark because what 'works' is real power, and real restraint.  Both together.  That reads to me as 'leader that means well so trust and follow'.  Maybe power but maybe not, and no restraint - is not 'leader at all' to me.

Real power that chooses to gain cooperation persuades.  Maybe with the tip of a knife involved, but it persuades.  It has power and leniency, not only ultimatums.  That the kill wasn't instant is proof of either - the kill cannot be done, at least not instantly(lies), or it's a choice to not kill, even though one can(power).  If you -want- cooperation, having power, then persuade.  Umm, that's how it's done in imp-land.  Or, if it is an ultimatum, again, it's given with thunderclaps and very strong evidence that doom is nigh. Not, um, failure to communicate.  But interesting approach whatever the heck you trying to spin there.

Back to the 4.

Sof's off my list of Evil because of the strong evidence of true team with CM, who was town-ally.  The worst I will believe of sof is survivor, which, if the survivor plays well, isn't 'worst' to me.  But converting a robot?  Which should be considered.  Would probably require something like a Supervillain Mad Scientist, which, ahem, apparently can exist even as a town role, per God.  Really.  God is a great conversationalist, I recommend all town enemies forget to talk to God and all town allies ask a loooooot of questions.

But I don't thiiiiiink we have a reprogrammer handy.  I think sof's not TtH (Threat to Humanity).

nqt, if TtH, is too subtle and useful for me.  Plus targeted by Jack last night, was a target for others.... It's not nqt.

That leaves web, TM, and qua.  Minimum 1 between those three I think must be TtH.

Oh, and web still could be an antisocial jester, but more likely making sure some other person isn't lynched.

Annoyingly, the three web didn't call for deaths of, are those three that one of... or even all of, could be scum.

If we can't lynch TM and have to, must, to win, then game's gonna end.

So we have a way to get TM, or we don't need to get TM.

Grace under pressure, if possible, ahhhh.

What do others thing?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 17, 2024, 02:54:16 am »

... Oh.  And the universe I see with the 'plan' that goes with web being speaker of the dead in a not-nice-Orson-Scott-Card way... has scum team TM with converts the dead Web and Qua.  With an initially really confused Web while TM was trapped and I guess voiceless in banishment.

TM comes back with a Qua raise somehow (maybe it's innate?) and the three of them just have 2 votes, cause web for some reason doesn't have a vote.

TM, are your votes back to normal today?

Anyway, if we face that absolute horror, then TM can magic up 2 votes too, I expect and we face 3v3 votes and maybe face funny-but-really-does-have-my-thoughtful-attention-response-of-God with a vote tie or something.

I want to say that horror of the three is unlikely.  I have no idea what to say.

Except I'm sure glad there's other players in the game.  FoU, I miss you.  CM, I miss you.  Jack... I don't miss you because the whole mismatched wincons stuff.

Really looking forward to hearing from others, with, like, info.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 17, 2024, 04:22:32 am »

Tric is town, specifically a green coloured human role.

Euchrejack poisoned me last night, which gives lie to his stated desire to try to get rid of the 'mafia'. Looks like the remaining bad guys are EJ, Web, and maybe one other.

there is still a murderer among NQT, Tric, and Imp.
This is a lie. CM was poisoned by Euchrejack that's why he died. Only a very unobservant scum killer would also kill the poisoned player. "Oh the flavour didn't look poisoning". Yeah, Max said there'd be misdirection there. NQT is town. Imp has done nothing but act town. Tric is town.

vote me and lose immediately
I don't see the argument. Webadict
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 76