Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35761 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #795 on: January 15, 2024, 11:36:31 am »

As is, I'm more inclined to think you're scum with reactions like this. As a quick recap, most of today was us talking at each other, our positions clear. And Crystal taking up most of the talk while Sof chilled on weekend. I don't much care if you think Jack is the lynch for today, what I do care about is lurkers not getting a free pass.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 15, 2024, 11:43:19 am »

Here is rather damming evidence against Sofanthiel.

Code: [Select]
Comes on, asks for questions.
Proceeds to ignore questions and hammer at the bequest of Crystal.
Leaves.
No interaction, they come on, say sorry, and then proceeds to do nothing. Which suggests it's not a time zone thing, but a scum tactic.

... Ugh, having difficulty remembering, but Imp. What's the exact wording you used for your Track action?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 15, 2024, 11:46:33 am »

I agree, Sof should ideally have to post, yes.

Here are the players left:

Tricmagic: Might have done the N1 kill
CrystalizedMire: On a team with Sofa
sofanthiel: On a team with CM.
EuchreJack: Serial killer who I have to get rid of to win the game.
Imp: Pretty obviously town, wasn't performing kills
notquitethere: Me.
Quarque (Hector): Came back from the dead, may be evil.

If we eliminate EJ and the game continues, from my perspective the possibilities are:

CrystalizedMire / Sofa are actually a scum team
Imp is somehow bad
TricMagic is a villain
Quarque is some kind of evil revenant

With all the blocks, banishes, tracks and inspects flying around, I think there's a good chance of covering the bases.

If EJ continues to live, he gets to poison again tonight, probably killing town, possibly throwing the game.

Tric, answer this:

Who performed the kills? If it wasn't you, then it's EJ, right?

On N1, EJ, Fallacy, and you were all unaccounted for. Fallacy flipped without a kill (if we believe the flip) and EJ is poisoning people. So you're the killer, right?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 15, 2024, 12:10:12 pm »

I mean, you can certainly kill me to find out. Cause I'm unlynchable until I perform the kill. I'll still be here tomorrow. Or I get abducted and webadict gets released. If webadict doesn't, that's not a good sign for sof/crystal being good.

I'm inclined to beleive Jack... Even if they could be lying. I'm still wondering at the lack of a N2 kill however.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 15, 2024, 12:11:47 pm »

It's entirely possible Jack's the culprit. But that just means mafia did not perform a kill. And webadict is likely not town, leaving one among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 15, 2024, 12:31:13 pm »

EuchreJack

I don’t think sofanthiel is going to show up, but it would be nice to hear their explanations. I think Imp is overthinking and CM and sofanthiel are on a team because they’re just scum, but I’ve been unconvincing thus far, despite all of their mis-steps.

Man I’m bad at this. At least the second choice option is a good choice.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 15, 2024, 12:34:50 pm »

OK, just gone back and checked. There's only evidence of EJ poisoning on n2, not n1. So I agree with this:

It's entirely possible Jack's the culprit. But that just means mafia did not perform a kill. And webadict is likely not town, leaving one among us.

N1
--
Web: Dead.
CM banished Tric
nqt blocked sofa
Sofa: was blocked
FoU: If the flip is real, did nothing.
Imp tracked sofa, confirming the block
Quarque: Died, flipped town
EJ could have killed Quarque. It's weird but not impossible for someone to have a kill and a poison.
Tric: Was banished but could have acted

N2 - No kill
Imp tracked nqt out of town to Jack
nqt investigated Jack as a 'blue' banshee
Jack poisoned CM
CM returned TM and banished/captured web, claims to be a poisoned grey alien.
sof has not yet spoken.  CM says he self targeted for an action she doesn't want to discuss, then that he was roleblocked.
Web: ??

End of night:
TM returns and claims to be dragonkin, and is confirmed to still be impossible to vote and claims they remain not-eliminationable until they kill.
Qua is returned to life as Hector

Self-targeting mystery action is suspicious but that could have been Web's action before he was banished.

The following questions:

1. Who blocked Sofanthiel if there even was a block?
2. Who resurrected Web and Qua?

Theories:

1. Web-Solo-Scum Theory

Web is scum. He self-resurrected as part of his ability and also resurrected Qua to the scum team. Maybe coming back to life kills someone as a life-transferal thing.

2. EJ Different Kill Method Theory
EJ is a killer (maybe he has limited shots with the killing and poison). We can confirm that by eliminating EJ.

3. Sofanthiel Unstoppable Killer Theory
Sofanthiel is probably lying about being blocked and is also up to no good, but if Sofa was the N1 killer then he's both unblockable and untrackable.

4. Tric Scum Theory
Tric is the killer on N1. Maybe along with Web being a resurrection nexus, or some other player double-acting.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 15, 2024, 12:35:55 pm »

... Ugh, having difficulty remembering, but Imp. What's the exact wording you used for your Track action?

Huh?

Okay, I probably read faster than most here, and remember, especially what I said, better than others.

Here's everywhere I discussed or mentioned my night results, so you can see the wording I used each time if you wish (I could have missed some, but I did try to catch them all:

What I could find of my D2 mentions:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

What I could find of my D3 mentions:
9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25.

In summary:
I'm -tracking-.

In expanded summary:
I track actions requiring the target to be visited.  If there's no visit, there's no tracks.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 15, 2024, 12:44:31 pm »

*Unvote* because I can't remember if I already unvoted and I don't want a hammer yet, I really want to hear from sof and us to talk a little more first.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 15, 2024, 12:45:56 pm »

God above, would being roleblocked and prevented from acting count as visiting another player?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 15, 2024, 12:46:42 pm »

And God has confirmed to me, even if a 'threat to humanity' is banished and there are no other 'threat to humanity' alive and not-banished - that's a town win.

So if we kill the known 'threat to humanity' - and someone is banished or not - and the game isn't over yet.

We know we have, in play, at least 1 remaining 'threat to humanity'.

I believe it is hugely in the interest of non-banished threats to humanity to keep a known threat to humanity alive and not banished, because they can hide the certainty of their existence behind the certainty of the other's existence.

But if they get banished, even if they're on a team, they can lose even alive, because they have to be in play to count for their chance to win, if they become solo threat to humanity and banished, that's over for them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 1, start!
« Reply #806 on: January 15, 2024, 12:53:27 pm »

I do not like sofanthiel's vote on TricMagic because it doesn't do anything. It can't do anything because Tricmagic is unlynchable which is why I think we should focus our effort's elsewhere. That said, Tricmagic should answer that question.
... I find this odd, but not what I was looking for.

I don't believe there is a ton of debate to be had; this is the only tangible lead I can perceive.
webadict
Fun. That would have been three for three hammers.

Those of you left alive wake up to another quiet day in the village. Strangely, that includes webadict, who shows up like nothing happened.
Sadly, it does not include Quarque, who lies dead in the street, completely bloodless. As Quarque was the town parson, in charge of protecting you all from the kinds of things that drain people of blood, this is particularly unfortunate. For some of you.

Quarque was:
Parson
Win Condition: You win when all threats to humanity are dead and at least one human is still alive.

(Night) Sanctuary (target): You jailkeep your target, protecting against spiritual threats. If your target would die by mundane means, you die instead. If your target attempted to perform a kill action, you find out; if the kill is one against which this action would not protect, you die.
(Night) Extreme Unction (target): Target a corpse; your target cannot be revived by the actions of others. If your target possesses a natural revival ability, that ability is unaffected.
(1-shot, Night) Silver Bullet (target): You kill your target. Certain beings are vulnerable to silver bullets.

The deacon is nowhere to be seen, but you all feel confident that you will be called upon to make another choice. You have 48 hours, until 5 PM (1700) on January 12, Eastern Standard Time.

Oh yeah, TricMagic is nowhere to be seen either, I totally forgot that on purpose—
Replacement Quarque did not receive night action results. So..

Sanctuary was used on Sofantiel. Sofanthiel's kill was blocked. But Sanctuary killed Quarque anyway. Had the replacement learned of it, they'd know who was the killer. So, who revived them?

Webadict likely had a natural revive ability. The replacement doesn't actually have any memories which suggests that was Sof's action N2.

This may come across as me finding excuses, but it is a valid possibility. And having your blood sucked out is very physical.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Second Dawn
« Reply #807 on: January 15, 2024, 12:59:39 pm »

Quarque was:
Parson
Win Condition: You win when all threats to humanity are dead and at least one human is still alive.

(Night) Sanctuary (target): You jailkeep your target, protecting against spiritual threats. If your target would die by mundane means, you die instead. If your target attempted to perform a kill action, you find out; if the kill is one against which this action would not protect, you die.
(Night) Extreme Unction (target): Target a corpse; your target cannot be revived by the actions of others. If your target possesses a natural revival ability, that ability is unaffected.
(1-shot, Night) Silver Bullet (target): You kill your target. Certain beings are vulnerable to silver bullets.

Quarque's original roleflip (which I do not know if can be trusted) shows multiple conditions that could cause self-to-die as well.

We haven't seen Jack's ability that poisons yet.  Poison does not seem to be a 'spiritual threat', though maybe it is.  Also, maybe it is a 'kill action' that has a delayed mechanism, meaning it's a kill action, and that can trigger sanctuary's immediately kill-qua issues.

But if Qua-1 targeted Jack with sanctuary (could have defaulted to it), and Jack used (on purpose or not) their kill action, that could kill Qua immediately.

There's multiple other ways Qua could have died from interaction of sanctuary with the target or an actor on the target.

Qua-the-second claims to have Qua-1's abilities.  So that's a soft-claim evidence but not proof to me that Qua-1's roleflip is real.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 15, 2024, 01:06:38 pm »

The main reveal would likely be that mafia might not have a kill victory condition this game. Or at least not a traditional one. Rather mafia doesn't exist and it's just anti-town factions around. Which would make Jack the likely best candidate to kill if that's the case. If I'm still alive Day 4 that's probably the case.

Not much evidence I'm not anti-town myself given my reasoning on this, but eh.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 15, 2024, 01:07:30 pm »

sofanthiel isn’t coming back to talk. They were gone the entire weekend, came back, tried to hammer within minutes, got asked difficult questions and then left again.

Why this results in no blowback on CM, who demanded the hammer and has been so scummy all day is beyond me, but there you go.

Now you’re actually discussing things though, eurgh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 76