Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35769 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #675 on: January 14, 2024, 03:58:05 am »

... why... why is that in my thread

It’s funny.

At least I thought it was, but I think it’s funny wasting other folks’ time for a shitty - pun intended - joke on word play. Horses for courses I suppose.

@Imp the apology was for bringing up the rampant paranoia thing from the last game as an example of how it can work against a player’s wincon. Obviously I’m biased in this respect since the paranoia relates to me in this game, but it’s still relevant.

Anyway, I was told I have control of Quarque’s body, but not their memory, so no N1 action results. Think of me as a Quarque meat puppet.

That’ll make everyone feel better about me, I’m sure.

As for the elimination that best meets my wincon, an SK claim is pretty clearly a threat to town, but it’s also a known quantity that should be able to be dealt with in the night, though perhaps more information needs to be gleaned from NQT’s block and whether or not they’d be willing to use it on EJ N3. I have a pretty clear anti-supernatural kill I could use on EJ, too.

However, I consider CM to be the bigger threat, as laid out in my previous post. Their play doesn’t make me think they’re town aligned at all.

As for the stuff about webadict, he did claim to be a non-voting survivor. He’s still no loss to town, human or otherwise. It might make him a not interesting specimen to CM though *shrug*
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 14, 2024, 03:59:47 am »

Shshshsh

What’s big red and hard to eat?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 14, 2024, 10:00:08 am »

Quarque...

You uh… just gonna leave it like that? Like… I’m pretty sure I’ve shared everything mechanical I can, but that’s not really the point.

Given the game state, nobody is going to vote me out today so you lose nothing voting me, and maybe put pressure on me to respond to… well it’s currently nothing, so even if you did vote me you’d probably get this post anyway.
Quarque is suspicious because of the fact that they were ressureccted and their role flip indicates that ressurrection is probably a bad thing.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 14, 2024, 10:01:46 am »

I’m not sure I necessarily get much asking about N1 stuff, it looks likes everybody had no idea what would they could do before then, so it was just arbitrarily choosing someone.

I don’t know who has all claimed their N2 stuff yet? I’ve been a bit distracted following along today because of the snow and tiredness and family stuff, so it’d be cool if that was recapped.

I hope this helps you.  Actually a huge amount is reported about N1 and N2 already.  Have you tried asking God for your N1 results 'again'?  If you're willing to, this might help us.  I currently think EJ or TM caused the death of Qua-the-first, though likely 'by default'.

But here's the list of claims, actions, and related stuff:

N2/D3 stuff:

Qua is returned to life with a replacement also addressed as Quarque, claims no info about earlier events, N2 action was 'self res'.
Imp tracked nqt out of town to Jack.  Imp also has a costly way to possibly help someone if they are poisoned, however this cannot help a grey alien.
nqt investigated Jack as a 'blue' (what shade?  Blue itself?  Navy?  Other?) banshee, and declares them malevolent supernatural.
Jack poisoned CM
CM returned TM and banished/captured web, claims to be a poisoned grey alien.
sof has not yet spoken.  It's expected sof won't be available weekends.  CM says she doesn't have his result for N2, as he provides that, not God.
TM returns and claims to be dragonkin, and is confirmed to still be impossible to vote and claims they remain not-eliminationable until they kill.  Claims can sacrifice next night's action to get 2 votes for the current day.

No new deaths N2
web is absent, but maybe did something before being banished.
FoU is still dead.

Anyone, if I missed anything or am incorrect, please let me know.

Hey, Qua.
Please read over your wincon, and tell me what you think about EJ vs a possible threat to town, which elim helps your wincon more, and why?
Imp.. I dislike having to correct you. Get your facts straight.

Ugh. I targeted webadict, not Qua.

I'm against a Crystal elimination, but looks like it's heading that way. What guarantee do we have that Sof isn't just going to come in, make some comments, and hammer? And then reap the benefits of having implicated crystal and stroll to victory.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 14, 2024, 10:06:18 am »

Granted, at this point Crystal is not being cooperative at all. Stirring up paranoia? Yeah, revivial is 50/50 in this game, while I watch you try and lynch the player that needs to kill the SK whether Quaque is town or scum. News Flash, killing the one who can kill the SK is not a good idea when said SK lives that way. I'm not trusting my non-supernatural killing bullet to put them down.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 14, 2024, 10:11:01 am »

We'll eliminate quarque after we killed Euchre Jack and abducted Tricmagic.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 14, 2024, 10:22:17 am »

Also, I wasn't voting Quarque yet. I want to vote Quarque after today. I'm stirring up paranoia, I just interrupted the conversation between a serial killer and Imp to answer the question for Imp:
So in your eyes, vote me then shoot Tric then game solved. But what if the game continues? Outside of myself and Tric, whom do you suspect?
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 14, 2024, 10:53:23 am »

However, I consider CM to be the bigger threat, as laid out in my previous post. Their play doesn’t make me think they’re town aligned at all.

K, so, far as we know, CM dies N3.

But, we gotta elim this person D3, because.... we're terrified about who they are gonna abduct tonight?

So yeah, let's use a limited town resource on killing them a half cycle early, because oh we must, it's so awful who they might abduct, we gotta throw away killing a SK for sure with elim D3, CM dies N3, and you still have that silver bullet for another threat if we have one?

Cause I'm thinking, 'good or bad, CM dies N3 or sooner.  Why throw away the D3 elim?  Why throw away your bullet, or risk a redirect or other problem?'  Why are we so scared of an extra chance to change who is abducted?

And that web thing.  Yeah, D2, with 1 vote on him, and staring at whatever Maximally Spun mess of a role he had, webadict decided 'claiming survivor, in a game-line-descendant of games where survivors traditionally are taken out, is my best option here, but still a bad one'.  I'm not convinced webadict was given a survivor role.  I think there's a chance, in this incredible, amazing, mind-blowing game, that he was staring at a town wincon and a role that doesn't seem to match, including that novote stuff, and decided, "I have few options indeed".

Whatever, whyever FoU also didn't admit any of FoU's role, else we can't believe the roleflip.  This is a weird freaking game (which I appreciate highly), but I think we can deal with web if we have to.

So, can you help me understand why throwing away D3 lynch on someone who dies N3 when we have a known SK and limited resources (as far as we know) for night kills is the best answer for today?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 14, 2024, 10:53:50 am »

Are you not looking for interesting specimens? You'd abduct me, free the voteless webadict, kill Hector13, and then glide to victory.

8>>5. Hammer is 3, allowing the triple vote to hammer us. So long as there are no town kills, we're dead right?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 14, 2024, 11:06:43 am »

Are you not looking for interesting specimens? You'd abduct me, free the voteless webadict, kill Hector13, and then glide to victory.

8>>5. Hammer is 3, allowing the triple vote to hammer us. So long as there are no town kills, we're dead right?

Huh, so are we forgetting CM dies N3?

How many anti-town we think we got?

Either CM is anti-town, or not.

In the universe where CM is anti-town, our helpful SK already made sure CM is gone N3.  If SK is gone D3, how many other anti-town we got, enough for a vote majority?  Maybe if they're an elim-proof double voter, actually.  Otherwise, town seems to have a real chance, and a pretty good one I think.

In the universe where CM is not anti-town, the bleep we voting them for?  But that's the universe where we have to worry about this voting block, because then we don't know who is doing what.  And a blue anti-town team is possible.  Do we need to ask God to confirm that in the thread for all to see clearly?  Cause it's already said just in pieces.

Color is a type of flavor, right?
Also, Euchre Jack couldn't have done the kill because the kill was vampire flavoured and they're a banshee.
Don't read that much into flavor. I can do what I want.

God, would you please allow us to know what color scum would be, in this incredibly safe and normal place you have made for us to be in?
If by "scum" you mean anti-town factions or players, they would be whatever color seems appropriate for the role.

By the way, just because the name of the game is a funny play on two other games doesn't mean you're supposed to draw direct comparisons. This is my own thing. I hope that was obvious by now.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 14, 2024, 11:48:19 am »

while I watch you try and lynch the player that needs to kill the SK whether Quaque is town or scum.

Can you help me understand, cannot-be-elimed-one, why you don't think the lynch can deal with the banshee?

You seem 'not-valid target', that's the first problem with potential elim of you.

However, Jack clearly can be targeted for elim.  And when that deacon came with the wagon, they were prepared to lynch a superhero.  I suspect it is God's will that the vote can handle a banshee.  Why are you thinking otherwise?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 14, 2024, 02:44:23 pm »

Hector13
Who?, thunders a voice from the heavens.

CrystalizedMire (1): TricMagic
EuchreJack (3): notquitethere, CrystalizedMire, Imp
Imp (0)
notquitethere (0)
Quarque (0)
sofanthiel (0)

In the event of a tie, tied players will compete for their lives in an elaborate song-and-dance competition.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 14, 2024, 02:58:00 pm »

Wait, what are the actual consequences for a tie?
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 14, 2024, 02:59:19 pm »

If you don't make ties, you won't have to find out.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 14, 2024, 03:05:00 pm »

... If I remember, the most recent time we all tied, and it was all of us, we were bolding some short word that God doesn't usually bold when they otherwise use it.

Are we not actually in an elaborate song and dance for at least some of our lives?

... with the army coming to clear out the survivors if we get it wrong, yeah.

"Certainly not the evil we're looking for. Try again, though, I think you've got a couple chances left before it all goes to Hell. Don't feel too bad about it - we can always send the army in to clear out whatever's left."

Hrm, seems more fun described the other way.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 76