Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35849 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #660 on: January 13, 2024, 10:18:59 pm »

In that case, you need to also convince any potential vigilantes to kill Tric, or the aliens to abduct him.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 13, 2024, 10:40:05 pm »

Well, I could be wrong.

Jack, why don't you ever talk to or respond to TM during D3 at all?

You don't appear to react to any of the threats TM makes about you, but you also don't talk to TM about anything, in any way, at all.  Not a single question, not even a reaction.  Am I missing you talking to and with TM?

If not, why?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 13, 2024, 10:51:26 pm »

Well, I could be wrong.

Jack, why don't you ever talk to or respond to TM during D3 at all?

You don't appear to react to any of the threats TM makes about you, but you also don't talk to TM about anything, in any way, at all.  Not a single question, not even a reaction.  Am I missing you talking to and with TM?

If not, why?
We talked a little bit.
I mostly do not engage with Tric, just as a matter of policy.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 13, 2024, 10:54:28 pm »

And... how'd it go from this, start of D3,

TricMagic requires more analysis by me, but is probably town

To this,

Tric is confirmed Town. He's not this stupid as scum, or this active.
?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 13, 2024, 10:55:27 pm »

And... how'd it go from this, start of D3,

TricMagic requires more analysis by me, but is probably town

To this,

Tric is confirmed Town. He's not this stupid as scum, or this active.
?
I have employed a super secret technique of "Reading his posts". Don't tell anyone, OK?  ;D

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 13, 2024, 10:56:10 pm »

And... that's all you wanna say about that?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 13, 2024, 11:00:04 pm »

@Imp: This conversation is stupid. I really don't care if you tie Tric to me, since I'm a Serial Killer. NQT even confirmed it!
In fact, it was this same stupid line of thought that convinced me Tric was town. I'm surprised you missed that, since it was included in the very same post from which you strategically extracted a single quote.

Hey, let's have a non-stupid conversation! So in your eyes, vote me then shoot Tric then game solved. But what if the game continues? Outside of myself and Tric, whom do you suspect?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 13, 2024, 11:07:13 pm »

Quarque...
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 13, 2024, 11:15:16 pm »

I do expect that we will see CM's flip on D4, for reasons already discussed.

I do expect that sof will have a 'compatible' wincon with CM.  Which does not mean the same.  But could win with.  So if CM is town-ally, I'd believe anything of sof from town to survivor to other off the wall things, but not any 'threat to humanity'.  And if CM flips 'threat to humanity' then I'd believe anything of sof from 'another threat to humanity' to survivor to other off the wall things, but not any 'aligned with humanity' answer.

I've discussed you and TM considerably already.

For the rest, I have no comments to make at this time.  The pool of 'who is or could be town' is already small enough, and town has enemies, and watchers with friendly eyes.  I'm going to hope positive wincons have found needed steps in the dance, and the hostiles are unsure how to mess that up.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 14, 2024, 12:39:20 am »

Qua though... you're so new to us.  Re-new to us, maybe.

Have you had time to read as much as you're interested in?  Would you like to discuss stuff more, question, explore, explain?  Do you have any changes from your earlier opinions yet, are you ready to give reads or anything?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 14, 2024, 02:54:05 am »

Quarque...

You uh… just gonna leave it like that? Like… I’m pretty sure I’ve shared everything mechanical I can, but that’s not really the point.

Given the game state, nobody is going to vote me out today so you lose nothing voting me, and maybe put pressure on me to respond to… well it’s currently nothing, so even if you did vote me you’d probably get this post anyway.

I mean I get it, coming back from the dead in this type of game has a history of not necessarily being good for town, but… well - sorry Imp - we saw what rampant paranoia can do in FBYOR6 too, and since you haven’t actually asked anything… I don’t really know what you’re doing, or hope to gain from an FoS?

Qua though... you're so new to us.  Re-new to us, maybe.

Have you had time to read as much as you're interested in?  Would you like to discuss stuff more, question, explore, explain?  Do you have any changes from your earlier opinions yet, are you ready to give reads or anything?

I’m not new, just an unknown quantity I guess. As I said above, I’m pretty sure I’ve told you all I can mechanically., but everybody’s been a bit distracted by the whole EJ SK CM/sofanthiel business, so maybe I’m just not a priority in the face of that.

I’m not sure I necessarily get much asking about N1 stuff, it looks likes everybody had no idea what would they could do before then, so it was just arbitrarily choosing someone.

I don’t know who has all claimed their N2 stuff yet? I’ve been a bit distracted following along today because of the snow and tiredness and family stuff, so it’d be cool if that was recapped.

As for my reads, I am most concerned about solving CM and sofanthiel, because CM has been giving me the heebie jeebies since they claimed to be town ally and that they were abducting folk looking for “interesting specimens” while suggesting TricMagic, who has claimed being dragonkin, and webadict, who claimed being a non-human survivor after reviving D2, are apparently not interesting enough? There’s something they’re not telling us.

I also didn’t like the hammer at the end of D2 out of nowhere on FoU specifically to save sofanthiel. That didn’t sit right with me at all, particularly when they said sofanthiel’s flip would alignment confirm CM and that would somehow be bad?

The way they’ve conducted themselves since then has set off lots of red flags too, it’s like they’re saying what they think we want to hear so we don’t lynch them (or sofanthiel) rather than trying to find someone better.

Well, long story short, I think they would be the best lynch today for the following:

Good or bad, their flip will tell us about sofanthiel, allowing us to clear or condemn them, which would be beneficial considering sofanthiel’s current absence.

Their play so far has leant heavily toward keeping sofanthiel alive instead of finding scum, belying the town-ally claim.

They’re abducting people and I’m certain they’re hiding something about what that means and/or does so it’s something I’d rather not give them further opportunity to do.

They’ve said the abductees don’t come back if they die, and the current abductee is a non-voting non-town webadict, so we lose nothing from his loss, which probably won’t be the case after N3.

I was concerned with you and NQT, but NQT claimed to act on EJ, and EJ confirmed the result NQT got, which… it doesn’t clear him from being scum, but makes me less unsettled by him? Not necessarily a priority for today. You’ve also been pretty on point about pressing people and your thought processes look organic rather than forced, so I’m cool, for the time being, placing you both in the town pile.

Tric is being Tric. He does appear to be thinking things through, the focus on sofanthiel and NQT is understandable, though could just be a smokescreen to be looking like they’re actively trying to solve the game without being able to put the effort in because both targets aren’t posting much. To be perfectly honest I’m not sure about him, he could go either way. His day game looks like he’s trying to solve things,  but I’m not sure I like someone unlynchable trying to dictate the night game.

EJ is SK

sofanthiel has gone, but is currently scum by association with CM. I’d like to know what they say though, so I’d quite like to avoid a hammer until they’ve had a chance to at minimum claim their N2 action.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 14, 2024, 02:59:01 am »

... why... why is that in my thread

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 14, 2024, 03:18:21 am »

I’m not sure I necessarily get much asking about N1 stuff, it looks likes everybody had no idea what would they could do before then, so it was just arbitrarily choosing someone.

I don’t know who has all claimed their N2 stuff yet? I’ve been a bit distracted following along today because of the snow and tiredness and family stuff, so it’d be cool if that was recapped.

I hope this helps you.  Actually a huge amount is reported about N1 and N2 already.  Have you tried asking God for your N1 results 'again'?  If you're willing to, this might help us.  I currently think EJ or TM caused the death of Qua-the-first, though likely 'by default'.

But here's the list of claims, actions, and related stuff:

N2/D3 stuff:

Qua is returned to life with a replacement also addressed as Quarque, claims no info about earlier events, N2 action was 'self res'.
Imp tracked nqt out of town to Jack.  Imp also has a costly way to possibly help someone if they are poisoned, however this cannot help a grey alien.
nqt investigated Jack as a 'blue' (what shade?  Blue itself?  Navy?  Other?) banshee, and declares them malevolent supernatural.
Jack poisoned CM
CM returned TM and banished/captured web, claims to be a poisoned grey alien.
sof has not yet spoken.  It's expected sof won't be available weekends.  CM says she doesn't have his result for N2, as he provides that, not God.
TM returns and claims to be dragonkin, and is confirmed to still be impossible to vote and claims they remain not-eliminationable until they kill.  Claims can sacrifice next night's action to get 2 votes for the current day.

No new deaths N2
web is absent, but maybe did something before being banished.
FoU is still dead.

Anyone, if I missed anything or am incorrect, please let me know.

Hey, Qua.

Please read over your wincon, and tell me what you think about EJ vs a possible threat to town, which elim helps your wincon more, and why?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 14, 2024, 03:22:13 am »

I should correct what web said D2.

It's actually not fully clear to me that web claimed 'not human'.  They actually claimed 'no' to a either/or question, which was part of a larger, confused mess of questions.  web was kind of maximally unclear, but 'no' is not actually a functional answer to any of the tangle of questions.

Here's the related tangle:

Also, if you saw my role, you would understand why both options are dumb, and I'm fucked either way.

Anyway, that doesn't really undermine that Fallacy still considers about half the Town scum in a game with 9 players.

Yeah, I'm confused on a bunch of fronts.  Why claim survivor, and not any flavor of town, and at this time?

Also, you've played, and ran, a lot of these games.  If someone flips and they're survivor - and it's not you - what should the rest of us do?  There's only 9 to start, one dead town showing.  One person seems banished.  How many third parties could we have, should we expect you're the only one?
Not sure.  Could there be more than 1 Survivor?  I'm currently under the impression that human is Town, because...

webadict, did you come back a human or something else?
... The answer is no.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 76