Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35787 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #585 on: January 13, 2024, 05:23:01 pm »

Before I read back, was it explained why EJ couldn't have done the kill N1?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 13, 2024, 05:24:02 pm »

We haven't analyzed Tricmagic yet but we thought it would be in town's best interest to release TricMagic because they have a vote and can increase the amount of town if they're town. I abducted webadict because the don't have a vote.

Yeah, you said that reason twice, and this initially:

I decided to release TricMagic in case scum killed a townie

But I asked a different question.  It's about your wincon, and may matter a lot to if you win the game or not.  I would be asking a lot of questions if I had the wincon you claimed, unless I already knew the answer(s).

You had TM abducted, and have since released them.  Is that a problem for your wincon?  Is it only your current abductee being considered interesting that matters?  If TM would count for your wincon, well you had abducted them, then released them.  Is your wincon satisfied on that side?

If you wanna tell me you choose not to answer, I'll stop asking, otherwise I think you may not understand the question I'm trying to ask.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 13, 2024, 05:25:08 pm »

I don't think so? Jack's pretty much in a position where we can't trust anything else he says. So if he's mafia, what's his goal with all of this?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 13, 2024, 05:25:15 pm »

No.  EJ claimed to have not taken an action N1, and later claimed that their role as SK was 'punishment' for not taking that action, and later claimed that they whined about it and were permitted to win with town instead of only as SK.

I can pull the related quotes, take a few minutes.  Need them?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 13, 2024, 05:27:46 pm »

We haven't analyzed Tricmagic yet but we thought it would be in town's best interest to release TricMagic because they have a vote and can increase the amount of town if they're town. I abducted webadict because the don't have a vote.
Honestly webadict would have probably been better to have kept around for their insight. I see that as a net negative given I cause confusion and you think I'm scum. NQT too apparently. What has Town gained by my release?

... And ninja. Crystal, you're not being logical, or emotional. You're just tunneling deeper and deeper.
Town has gained a vote if you're actually town and not lying. Both NQT and Imp are high on my readslist so I doubt they're scum. Problem is, if one of them is scum, the other is scum as well. This clears sofanthiel so I think you're teh one tunneling. Also, Euchre Jack couldn't have done the kill because the kill was vampire flavoured and they're a banshee.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 13, 2024, 05:28:12 pm »

Yeah, but would want more interaction from lurkers. Sof told you to tell us they'd be AFK the entire day. But can't they get replacement if it's so bad? NQT's been hanging in the background all game too. It's eerie.

not counting weekends
INcredible!  I guess I should still clarify: does the above entail that pausing active participation on weekends is not frowned upon?
I'm not saying you should, but you'll have time. Maybe I should even outlaw weekend hammers. According to my timezone (Eastern), of course.

To be fair, it's not just CM saying anything.  This is from before the game even started, sof heavily breadcrumbed, or more, that weekends were a sof-issue, and got some indication of time flexibility for weekends.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 13, 2024, 05:31:20 pm »

Honestly webadict would have probably been better to have kept around for their insight. I see that as a net negative given I cause confusion and you think I'm scum. NQT too apparently. What has Town gained by my release?

... And ninja. Crystal, you're not being logical, or emotional. You're just tunneling deeper and deeper.
Town has gained a vote if you're actually town and not lying. Both NQT and Imp are high on my readslist so I doubt they're scum. Problem is, if one of them is scum, the other is scum as well. This clears sofanthiel so I think you're teh one tunneling. Also, Euchre Jack couldn't have done the kill because the kill was vampire flavoured and they're a banshee.
Being honest this is extremely painful. To the point where I'd skip Sunday entire given I need to question sof directly. Ghosting like this is not cool, cause I can tell you're townie. I can't get anything out of someone who isn't even here.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 13, 2024, 05:33:02 pm »

Yeah, you said that reason twice, and this initially:

I decided to release TricMagic in case scum killed a townie

But I asked a different question.  It's about your wincon, and may matter a lot to if you win the game or not.  I would be asking a lot of questions if I had the wincon you claimed, unless I already knew the answer(s).

You had TM abducted, and have since released them.  Is that a problem for your wincon?  Is it only your current abductee being considered interesting that matters?  If TM would count for your wincon, well you had abducted them, then released them.  Is your wincon satisfied on that side?

If you wanna tell me you choose not to answer, I'll stop asking, otherwise I think you may not understand the question I'm trying to ask.
What matters is whether or not the abductee curently has a vote. I didn't want to cause town to lose so I released TricMagic in case they were town(God stated that town loses if there is no townie that can vote). I abducted Webadict because they didn't have a vote. God stated that the specimen must be currently abducted.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 13, 2024, 05:33:57 pm »

Honestly I've no clue what you saw. Apparently you can't catch supernatural stuff?

Great question.  Asking God, I'd only assumed before then.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 13, 2024, 05:42:23 pm »

God stated that the specimen must be currently abducted.

Okay.

You're not currently being eliminated today, and you probably die tonight, based on what you've said and what Jack hasn't contradicted.

You gave us back TM.  What do you think now?  Even if you don't discuss it.

I don't know what TM is.  I don't know that 'Dragonkin' is a possible human or town flavor, if it's even possible to be town and not human this game.  But TM never said 'I am town', they said a bunch of other stuff and said

Yeah, it's a fancy cue Crystalized, but I'm not sure what's more interesting.

TricMagic=dragonkin

I don't know if that should be read as 'neutral third party' or what, given that orange color.

I think if I were you, I'd attempt to abduct Jack and hope that counted, as they seem the most 'interesting' depending on what interesting is, of all the roles we currently have public info about.

But we probably can't vote out TM.  There's probably some defense if we need a defense, or it's 'here's the dragon-shaped hill you all die on this game'.

I presume you know how to look after your own best interests.  And my wincon does not need grey aliens to win, I'm just sympathetic and also thinking 'could you help me by what you do, with your remaining time' - as well as help yourself, given your complex 'town ally' issues as well.

Even if you don't tell us, maybe ask a lot of questions of God so you can plan your N3 action, presuming you get a N3 action.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 13, 2024, 05:45:49 pm »

Honestly I've no clue what you saw. Apparently you can't catch supernatural stuff?

I track actions requiring the target to be visited.  If there's no visit, there's no tracks.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 13, 2024, 05:49:38 pm »

God stated that the specimen must be currently abducted.

Okay.

You're not currently being eliminated today, and you probably die tonight, based on what you've said and what Jack hasn't contradicted.

You gave us back TM.  What do you think now?  Even if you don't discuss it.

I don't know what TM is.  I don't know that 'Dragonkin' is a possible human or town flavor, if it's even possible to be town and not human this game.  But TM never said 'I am town', they said a bunch of other stuff and said

Yeah, it's a fancy cue Crystalized, but I'm not sure what's more interesting.

TricMagic=dragonkin

I don't know if that should be read as 'neutral third party' or what, given that orange color.

I think if I were you, I'd attempt to abduct Jack and hope that counted, as they seem the most 'interesting' depending on what interesting is, of all the roles we currently have public info about.

But we probably can't vote out TM.  There's probably some defense if we need a defense, or it's 'here's the dragon-shaped hill you all die on this game'.
I have no idea what that orange colour is. My alignment colour is grey btw. I kinda regret bringing back tricmagic because we can't vote for them even if they are scum. Although, if your cure isn't a cure for all status condition and Euchre gets eliminated, I guess there won't be any harm curing me. Nqt night killing Tricmagic is probably the best way for us to win.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 13, 2024, 05:50:40 pm »

Also, Euchre Jack couldn't have done the kill because the kill was vampire flavoured and they're a banshee.
Don't read that much into flavor. I can do what I want.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 13, 2024, 05:52:45 pm »

Unless Jack's flip contains a kill action that is not poisoning someone, Tricmagic is likely scum.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 13, 2024, 06:03:30 pm »

God has told me that if players are truly teamed in this game, they can win together.  So there wouldn't be a scum and a town ally (or town) on a 'true team' because that is a team that could not win together.  However 'true team' folks could have different wincons, they just won't have opposing wincons.

There could also, I suppose, be 'not-true teams', since God was incredibly specific about 'true teams'.

My thinking here now presumes that CM is honest.  CM has that town ally wincon.  Sof cannot need town dead, because sof and CM can win together, they're a true team.  However, nothing prevents CM from being sneaky or even lying to CM, any player can lie to another player, God appears to want it that way.

So on one hand, we have CM saying that sof is worth more to town than she.  Because of abilities, because all she can do is abduct/return.

And she thinks 2 of sof's abilities are confirmed.

1 is the day vote thing, perhaps a one shot.  I'm not really convinced this is 'great for town', because it can hammer a townie as easy as anyone else.  And in the hands of 'town ally', the person doing the vote manipulation, particularly to save their own life, absolutely can destroy town.  They know by saving themself they do not save town and that's how I see sof using that vote manip D2.  So, whatever ability sof has, has gotta be super good for town, to be worth killing some town for.  Like... sof has a true town res or something - but Qua says Qua thinks Qua self ressed this time.

N1 was the blocked 'analyze'.  We don't know a lot about this reveal.  As great for town as any other inspection?  Greater?  I don't have enough info to see why this would be worth tremendously much for town.  I can see that it could - and it could also just reveal if the abducted person is an unusual specimen.  Would a superhero have been an unusual specimen?  I don't have enough info here to judge how awesome this is for town.  But N1, if sof is like me, sof didn't get to decide what they did.  Just who they targeted.

And this mysterious N2 ability.  This is what sof chose to do, when given a choice, and what CM says CM doesn't know the results for.

This doesn't work well for me.  Even accepting every word is true - CM, your ability to selectively banish and return is far from useless, have you asked what would happen for town if you banished the last remaining 'threat to humanity'?  I have.  That's a win for town, if the last barrier to wincon is currently banished.

Likewise though... if someone needed 'humans removed from play' as their wincon (I haven't seen a scum wincon yet, no idea what it might be) then banishing the last human would end the game in favor of that wincon.

So, CM.  Anything I'm not understanding about the value of sof's abilities you want to clear up?

I guess there won't be any harm curing me.

CM, you may have misunderstood me, and I never meant to mislead you.  I -might- be able to cure some of that poison, at huge cost to even try.  I cannot, absolutely cannot, cure a gray alien of it.  I cannot cure you.  Maybe someone else could.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 76