Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35810 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #465 on: January 12, 2024, 09:00:04 pm »

To NQT, it's entirely possible Fallacy didn't get his role cause he failed to perform an action.

Of note, two players claimed to have refused to submit actions N1.  The other:
Fallacy is quite correct that "nobody" was a valid Night target, as that is whom I chose.  I also reasoned that Vanilla Town had no night actions. This choosing "nobody" was confirmed by the mod.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 2, start!
« Reply #466 on: January 12, 2024, 09:03:30 pm »

I was also given some flavor about EuchreJack.  I will say it does not sound like 'banshee' to me, or obviously be of death, rot, that kinda stuff.  It's only flavor, and my target was nqt, not Jack.  However, I'll discuss specifics after we've heard more from Jack, unless people want me to discuss specifics first.  I have a small amount of clue, and no idea how valid it is, but flavor defines it as how I recognized the target EuchreJack.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 12, 2024, 09:08:05 pm »

Jack, are you a pirat?
Always  ;D

2. I inspected EuchreJack and he is a Banshee. The role was coloured blue, which I take to mean 'serial killer', but who knows. What I do know is that it's a malevolent supernatural creature.

I confirm I tracked nqt last night.  Also, Unvote.  I confirm nqt interacted with EuchreJack.

nqt, before I help us destroy this banshee, because I am not very anthropocentric, how sure are you that EuchreJack=malevolent=
threats to humanity
?

Just to be clear, are we sure this is not by any chance a town banshee, a neutral, non-threatening banshee, and are you willing to tell us how you know?

Also, may we not hammer yet?  We haven't even heard from everyone.
Pretty sure banshees in folklore just predict deaths not cause them. However, blue = serial killer so I'm pretty sure euchre jack's our killer.
Just your killer. I targeted you with the poison.

Aliens are a known role type in Supernatural.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 12, 2024, 09:10:11 pm »

Welp. I'm sure you feel safe EuchreJack, and you might be given our silver bullet died. Oh wait?

Quarque the dog, given Jack their vector and kill the werewolf tonight?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 12, 2024, 09:17:41 pm »

ebwop: only I can abduct people so sofanthiel can focus on analyzing targets.

So, does this mean that TM has been analyzed?  Will information be provided to the rest of us from this analysis, so we can know what is claimed, and perhaps going to be backed up by your roleflip, (which we can believe, because roleflips are certain, like the Fal roleflip which is already being questioned?)... anyway, anything we should know about TM that is already available to know?
Sofanthiel didnt analyze tricmagic yet. I dont want to disclose what action sof took.
Also, how much concerned should we be about quarque?

Maximally?  I have no idea.  I can only say I am 100% certain I did not have anything to do with Qua's return, or death.  And Sof did not successfully target Qua N1 and nqt did not target Qua N2.  Other than that... I have not the smallest clue and feel so Maximally Spun that there's no ideas, just brain foam.
Sofanthiel didnt target quarque at all. They self targeted.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 12, 2024, 09:21:31 pm »

Okay.  I still feel very confused, but that looks like an admission from Jack of 'yeah, I am not town or playing for town'.  So I think Jack is anti-town and if Jack means me to think anything else, get to work.  If you're furious about Fal's death and blaming CM, how does that help anyone, and how does that help your wincon?

The flavor I got for Jack in my tracking last night was that nqt joined up with one of Jack older tracks, and the flavor clues I was given was of dust and poultry.  It's not very conclusive at all of anything, but had me openminded that Jack might not be an anti-town banshee, if such a thing even could be possible.  I'm not seeing that in Jack today though.

Banshees in folklore are big on poison, depending on the folklore.

I'm fine with a Jack elimination, apparently Jack is fine with a Jack elimination.  Maybe there's some better target today?

I do not have a way to deal with Jack other than the lynch.

Based on what CM has said, I don't have enough of whatever it would take to help CM with that poison issue.  I could possibly help someone else, but it's a huge maybe, and rather costly, but what help I could attempt to offer I'm certain would not help grey aliens and I am certain I should not try to help with this problem.  I have no idea if anyone else could possibly help CM.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 12, 2024, 09:25:23 pm »

By the way, just because the name of the game is a funny play on two other games doesn't mean you're supposed to draw direct comparisons. This is my own thing. I hope that was obvious by now.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 12, 2024, 09:28:09 pm »

2. I inspected EuchreJack and he is a Banshee. The role was coloured blue, which I take to mean 'serial killer', but who knows. What I do know is that it's a malevolent supernatural creature.

I confirm I tracked nqt last night.  Also, Unvote.  I confirm nqt interacted with EuchreJack.

nqt, before I help us destroy this banshee, because I am not very anthropocentric, how sure are you that EuchreJack=malevolent=
threats to humanity
?

Just to be clear, are we sure this is not by any chance a town banshee, a neutral, non-threatening banshee, and are you willing to tell us how you know?

Also, may we not hammer yet?  We haven't even heard from everyone.
Pretty sure banshees in folklore just predict deaths not cause them. However, blue = serial killer so I'm pretty sure euchre jack's our killer.

Nqt seems to be right about euchre being a banshee since my flavour text seems to indicate that my death is forewarned. However it is less screaming lady and more birb
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 12, 2024, 09:31:54 pm »

Oh alzo: the only reaspn I thought lnly web could fix this is because i thought web caused it.
she/her

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 12, 2024, 09:40:32 pm »

Funny thing, which you probably won't believe.
I complained to Max about not wanting to be a Serial Killer, and he gave me the option to play for the Town win condition.
Since winning as town is easier, I chose that.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 12, 2024, 09:55:38 pm »

You're still going to get murdered at night Jack. But that's more a you problem.

Say it with me everyone, hunting third parties doesn't find mafia. Jack gets to live for the moment.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 12, 2024, 09:57:43 pm »

You're still going to get murdered at night Jack. But that's more a you problem.

Say it with me everyone, hunting third parties doesn't find mafia. Jack gets to live for the moment.
Probably more likely abducted. I am clearly "interesting", sigh...

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 12, 2024, 09:58:00 pm »

Funny thing, which you probably won't believe.
I complained to Max about not wanting to be a Serial Killer, and he gave me the option to play for the Town win condition.
Since winning as town is easier, I chose that.

What are you willing to tell us about your methods of killing?  What else are you willing to tell us?  Are you open to a full roleclaim at this point?

I liked how you played D1.  That doesn't mean you're not scum.

I am sensitive to the fact that I don't know what the scum wincon is.

In the most recent supernatural, web's, which it pleased God to discuss hoping I would read, the scum wincon was simply:

Here's my Google Doc with stuff:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fmERq0GwEvR5x6ETyos6oL-5u1zGd_rsX8kafRDh7uU/edit?usp=sharing
You are an Archon Magistrate (Evil).  You win when the Evil Players equal or outnumber the remaining Players.

(I pulled the actual wincon from that google doc).

There's 8 of us alive, and I don't know what this game's scum wincon is, or if we have scum and not a load of non-scum anti-town.

Sof would not allow a chance of sof being hammered, if that was indeed sof using a power that removed their vote and gave 2 extra votes to CM.  The flavor supports that sof drove the hammer and gave power to CM, though, for whatever that's worth.

But that's not super townlike to my eyes, and supports a 'I must not die at any cost'.

So I just don't know.

But I'm glad 8 of us are alive and hope we have some good ideas for how to get rid of scum as well as anti-town, because if scum equal or outnumber the not-scum, there is a chance that's game over, scum win.

When I discussed this with God, I learned that there are many possible scum wincons he could have chosen.

It pleases me not to purposefully annoy God.  I was not certain that God wished for there to be more questions about that, I think God would prefer me to empirically test by trying to finding scum and seeing a roleflip.  I do mean to please God as I am able, so... but I do wonder and worry about the possible number of scum and their possible wincon.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 12, 2024, 10:01:46 pm »

I certainly cannot tell you what other players' wincons are, if they haven't been revealed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 12, 2024, 10:08:05 pm »

To NQT, it's entirely possible Fallacy didn't get his role cause he failed to perform an action.

Of note, two players claimed to have refused to submit actions N1.  The other:
Fallacy is quite correct that "nobody" was a valid Night target, as that is whom I chose.  I also reasoned that Vanilla Town had no night actions. This choosing "nobody" was confirmed by the mod.
It is indeed possible, as I got my role due to not performing an action. Although that does ask unimportant questions of "Why did Fallacy get his role, and why did I get my role?"
If Fallacy reappears, we can worry about Fallacy at that time.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 76