Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35690 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 2, start!
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2024, 12:44:55 am »

*groan*
@Imp: Please send Maximum Spin a PM asking him to clarify your night results. It seems to me that you saw sof take no action.
However, the Mod can not confirm/discuss your night action in the open, or that would be confirming the validity of your claimed night action (aka cheating).

OMG.  Thank you so much.  This game is far less bastard than I thought.  I was having very dark thoughts indeed.

Yep, I am grateful to confirm that sof did not in fact target anyone last night that I can detect.  Because of roleblock, because of other reasons, no idea.  But sof didn't do anything to anyone that can be tracked by me.

I'm reminded of some older supernaturals where there were actions one could target and take without visiting, like reading runes and whatnot.

But I do not track sof to anyone N1.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2024, 01:00:22 am »

While I can neither confirm nor deny anything about anyone's actions, I would like to take this moment to admit that I did accidentally mislead a tracker with an overly-flavorful "no result" once before, so it would be in character.

oh my god I was such a good writer what happened
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 01:14:57 am by Maximum Spin »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2024, 03:11:54 am »

Imagine you have a box. It's a pretty box, but you have no idea what's in it.

Then, God tells you that you can throw the box at someone. The box could have candy in it! It could also have a nuke in it.

Then, God gives you a devilish smirk, and tells you that you really, really should throw the box at someone. But you don't technically have to.

Isn't it natural that you'd choose to not throw the box?

And that, even when the box is opened, you'd prefer not to touch any of the goodies inside, because they could just as easily be poison?

In other news, I am vanilla town, and will not be taking any actions.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2024, 03:22:39 am »

Sofanthiel/Imp, why are you rolefishing? One of the following is true:

A. I'm a town vigilante/hunter, now in the uncomfortable position of being vote pressured revealing my main power because someone (scum or town) feels they need my to reveal this info despite it helping scum with their night action prioritisation.

B. I'm a town player who doesn't have a kill but knows there might be a town player with a kill and me saying I don't have one makes it more likely the vig dies instead of me.

Perhaps Web or Fallacy would like to weigh in as to whether I'm being unreasonable here.

Concern yourself with the following facts:

1. I had no idea of what my role was at start of D1 other than being Vanilla Town.

2. I targeted Sofanthiel arbitrarily because we had to target someone.

3. At the start of D2, I learned my role and from the description of my night action surmised that I had used a roleblock on Sofanthiel

4. Sofanthiel surely knows whether he was blocked or not. Given Imp reports him not visiting someone's house, it appears I did in fact block him. So he knows I'm not the killer.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2024, 03:25:56 am »

We didn't have to target someone, but to be fair to you, it was very easy to falsely get that impression.

Looking at your reasoning as a whole, sofanthiel would know that you're not the killer given these circumstances, unless:

1, you can multi-act. We can never really rule this out. I don't think multi-acting is a common trope in Supernatural games, but we can't rule it out, Spin could choose to use it.

2, sofanthiel also chose not to act during the Night. If there wasn't an action to prevent, I don't think sofanthiel would learn he was roleblocked.

Additional bonus 3rd option: You and sofanthiel are a scumteam.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2024, 05:00:44 am »

Anyway, now I'm more awake:

Quarque was:
Parson
Win Condition: You win when all threats to humanity are dead and at least one human is still alive.

(Night) Sanctuary (target): You jailkeep your target, protecting against spiritual threats. If your target would die by mundane means, you die instead. If your target attempted to perform a kill action, you find out; if the kill is one against which this action would not protect, you die.
(Night) Extreme Unction (target): Target a corpse; your target cannot be revived by the actions of others. If your target possesses a natural revival ability, that ability is unaffected.
(1-shot, Night) Silver Bullet (target): You kill your target. Certain beings are vulnerable to silver bullets.
There can be (and probably is) some misdirection but this all implies the following:

1. There are spiritual and non-spiritual threats. A spiritual threat would presumably be something like possession.
2. There are revives that a town player may want to prevent
3. There are werewolves or similarly silver-impacted entities.

EVERYONE

I propose we pick between EuchreJack and FallacyofUrist, as they have made two contradictory claims.

I think it is also fair to say that the role flip for everyone occurred at start of Day 2. 
While the only role anyone can claim is Vanilla Town, I think none of us still have that role. Except maybe webadict who didn't get his new role on account of being dead at the time.
In other news, I am vanilla town, and will not be taking any actions.

EJ is claiming he took no action and received a fresh role nevertheless. Fallacy is claiming he took no action and is still vanilla town.

Most likely explanation is Fallacy did receive a role, he's now a werewolf or vampire or whatever. I say this because his claim also contradict's Web's, if we take Web's "new vanilla town role" to mean a new role themed around being an ordinary town member (in the same way a 'Parson' is an ordinary town member):

Also, I did get a new Vanilla Town role when I was resurrected at the beginning of the Day.

But we can get confirmation of this. Web, do you now have an actual name. I'm not asking you to claim what it is, but do you have a name like "village idiot", "blacksmith", "mayor's wife" etc.

Assuming one action per night for now:
N1.
Accounted
webadict - dead
CrystalizedMire - banished tric
Imp - saw Sofa being blocked
sofanthiel - blocked
Quarque - Obviously didn't resurrect or kill anyone. Is dead.
notquitethere - blocked Sofa

Unaccounted
TricMagic - did something, was banished
FallacyofUrist - Claims no action
EuchreJack - Claims no action

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 11, 2024, 05:57:07 am »

Fallacy's whole reasoning here is bizarre, and dare I say, fallacious:

This is a game where we want to do interesting things and get information to solve the setup and progress any wincon we think we have. Not doing anything at night achieves neither of these goals.

I also don't buy EuchreJack doing 'nothing' either.

Are these bold forum mafia players I see before me? Or spineless slugs content to wallow in inaction?

Also I just realised what he's saying with this line...

even when the box is opened, you'd prefer not to touch any of the goodies inside, because they could just as easily be poison?
So is he saying his box was opened i.e. he has role? Because if so, claiming not to use his normal abilities is also bizarre.

Either:

1. EJ and Fallacy have contradictory claims and one of them (most likely Fal) is lying.
2. Fallacy did receive a role and is now claiming not to want to use it, giving himself an excuse for inaction on future nights

Whole thing smells rotten. Given that there is at least one tracker in a tiny 9 player game, one or both of EuchreJack and Fallacy may be untrackable and are relying on being tracked and falsely found not to do anything on future nights.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 11, 2024, 07:46:08 am »

@NQT:  The answer to your question is... sort of.  The idea is right, but remember what happened last Night.  And that I'm rather cursed and have no vote.

Regardless, I do believe EuchreJack would do nothing, but I don't believe FallacyofUrist would, especially given that they were told explicitly that they were allowed to do so as well as they have a Vanilla Town role which doesn't mesh with anyone else's claim.

Fallacy does some insane things, Mafia or Town, but Fallacy is lying right now, and the only reason I can think of is that they killed Quarque and don't want to claim it.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 11, 2024, 09:36:11 am »

Are there any dream interpreters present?  Because I just had a weird one.  A dangerous and weird one.  I was bestowed with a "bloodthrist" ability and killed everyone I came across during the day, ending the game with me being the only remaining vanilla townie.  What does it mean?  Did I have a vision of a dreadful, yet plausible, future under the current circumstances?

Alas, I have real tangible matters to attend to, so here goes.

1. I had no idea of what my role was at start of D1 other than being Vanilla Town.

3. At the start of D2, I learned my role and from the description of my night action surmised that I had used a roleblock on Sofanthiel

4. Sofanthiel surely knows whether he was blocked or not. Given Imp reports him not visiting someone's house, it appears I did in fact block him. So he knows I'm not the killer.
See, the issue is that I've already considered all these possibilities, and I even analyzed the subtle message you sent me with your first few posts, but, unfortunately, that just doesn't cut it.
nqt, here is another query for you: what are the conditions for your kill attempt failing and turning into a roleblock?  I ask this because what I experienced last night was nothing like a simple restraining maneuver.  Moreover, it's just a hunch, but what prevented my death felt to be a defense from evil (the origin of which will not be disclosed), not some safeguard from killing your fellow vanilla town teammates on your end.

Now, I will verify that both nqt and Imp (because the flavor provided early on does check out) are accounted for by me; however, the timing of Imp's accusation+vote post (even though I was overwhelmingly positively innocent) and subsequent questioning while interfering with my investigation did, at the time, read like a cover-up for mafia-buddy nqt.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2024, 09:57:26 am »

If I did have a role other than vanilla town, I couldn't tell you. Players aren't allowed to claim roles other than vanilla town.

I'd rather do nothing with the night actions I don't have instead of trying to do something and have my nonexistent night action turn into a nuke. I will not be acting at night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 11, 2024, 10:31:25 am »

You are definitely allowed to say your role changed.  I know because I already did and God has yet to smite me.  If you are afraid of the consequences, what do you believe they are that would affect you?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 11, 2024, 11:51:27 am »

Sofanthiel/Imp, why are you rolefishing? One of the following is true:

A. I'm a town

B. I'm a town

nqt, do you think it's possible that sof is also a town who has info on things about the person who acted on them?  'Cause that's how I read sof's behavior, and why I backed down on my extreme concern about body location even before I got help how to ask God for clarification about my results.  [I tried to get clarification before then.  Miscommunication continued.  This time God appears to have taken pity on me and explained very clearly]

Town or scum can want to hide their nature.  You're being as insistent about being town, in your own way, as Fal.  Sof seems willing to go out on a limb about the source of their night experience.

I'm a tracker and willing to reveal it.

You seem to think you're mighty fine good for town and better not make clear whatever sof seems super concerned about.

Nothing sof says sounds like a kill might be redirected though, from sof to perhaps Qua.

We have a bloodless Qua body, a sof dream of 'bloodthirst'...

Can we rule this out?

Qua also targeted sof, and defaulted to using sanctuary on them.  This is a jailkeep, it roleblocks the target, sof.

nqt also targeted sof, and defaulted to using a physical kill on them.  This interacted with Qua's sanctuary, resulting in the death of Qua, the expected roleblock of sof from Qua, and a nqt staring at a DM with role and night flavor, a new day with death results and a roleflip they better account for, and a heck of a lot of adrenaline.

So we get nqt saying 'maybe I roleblocked sof'.  And we don't know much about sof or if sof might get info from abilities, even autos.  But we have a sof that's really focused and concerned.

Can we rule this out?

Qua also targeted sof, and defaulted to using sanctuary on them.  This is a jailkeep, it roleblocks the target, sof.

sof targeted anyone, and defaulted to using a physical kill on them.  This triggered the 'kill Qua' side of Qua's ability, and now sof's looking for someone else to pin that on.  Conveniently, nqt spoke up about maybe roleblocking sof, so sof can use that, and the dream about their own bloodthirst or something made up is all smoke and mirrors.

I'll ask God how my track would show if this happened, maybe I can help rule that out.  But I think this is a lot less likely than nqt having taken an inadvertent kill action, because sof's on the offensive, not defensive, and seems to be chasing specific info.  Sof knows their role and abilities, and I think I see town behavior in sof.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 11, 2024, 11:59:28 am »

Can you summarise your thoughts at the end of each of your posts?  I would appreciate it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2024, 12:12:10 pm »

Can you summarise your thoughts at the end of each of your posts?  I would appreciate it.

Not well.  Here's an attempt:

ChatGPT:  "In this complex forum post, Imp, quoting notquitethere (nqt), discusses the possibility that Sofanthiel (sof) may be a town player with valuable information. Imp speculates that Sof's behavior suggests they have knowledge about the actions taken on them during the night. Imp mentions that they are a tracker and willing to reveal their role. They also note that nqt seems insistent about being town, similar to Fal, while Sof is willing to share their night experience.

Imp considers the possibility of a kill being redirected, especially from Sof to Qua. They analyze the events of the previous night, including Qua's sanctuary ability and nqt's action, suggesting that nqt may have inadvertently taken a kill action.

Imp concludes that Sof's behavior appears town-like, and they plan to ask God for clarification regarding their tracking ability to help rule out certain scenarios. Overall, Imp is engaging in a discussion about the roles and actions of different players in a forum game, with a focus on understanding the dynamics and motivations within the game."

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 11, 2024, 12:27:14 pm »

Uh, Imp please don't use AI to try and explain your own posts, or I'll vote you out as scum.

Gotta get back to work soon, my thoughts:
1) Fallacy was fairly good in his pursuit of Web, but is suspicious for his insistence that he is Vanilla Town.
2) NQT could be faking his roleblock, and sofaniel's inability to believe NQT's claim makes NQT look more suspicious.
3) Imp originally looked fine, but is now refusing to talk clearly and using AI instead of engaging with the game.
4) Web has no vote, and this is no concern for today.
5) Tric is banished, and this no concern for today.
6) Crystalmire is too quiet, like all the other times they rolled scum.

Hypothesis: Town will likely converge on Fallacy unless Fallacy himself can direct a case on someone else. Web is a no-go.
If anyone thinks Web is scum, answer this question: Who is Web's partner?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 76