Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia - Basic Edition ENDED NIGHT 1 with Town Victory  (Read 8964 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia - Basic Edition (5/5) Start: Wed, Dec 13th at 7pm EST
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2023, 07:21:08 pm »

Secretdorf was really the only one who didn't offer an answer that made sense.

How do Sec's answers not make sense?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2023, 07:21:52 pm »

There's a joke about rifle-firing rifles somewhere there, but I'm too tired to assemble it into anything cohesive.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2023, 07:23:09 pm »

It's possible max was trying to win town points with this move. Or they're town concerned about Sec gliding under the radar when there isn't much chance they can answer before day ends.

The simplest way to convince .. (I'd say us but that sorta seems like scum connecting.) me is to make a case on why Sof is town.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2023, 07:25:05 pm »

How do Sec's answers not make sense?
Well, there's only one answer (since I specifically requested "not including yourself"): "Imp + TricMagic", which, very obviously, literally no other player was okay with, since everyone was suspicious of at least one of the two. That's an answer that seems intentionally designed to guarantee no non-Secretdorf-inclusive consensus will ever happen.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2023, 07:25:22 pm »

It's like I said earlier:
So let's have everyone post your two preferred survivors not including yourself. The only person who would want to torpedo this operation is the mafia player.
This was the test. Imp sort of unnecessarily complicated this afterward by ATTRIBUTING answers to everyone, preventing me from getting actual answers, but regardless, Secretdorf was really the only one who didn't offer an answer that made sense.

Let's try this again then.  Do we still, as a group, feel Sec is a good choice for one of our survivors?

How do we vote now, seeing how everything has gone since?

It's possible max was trying to win town points with this move. Or they're town concerned about Sec gliding under the radar when there isn't much chance they can answer before day ends.

The simplest way to convince .. (I'd say us but that sorta seems like scum connecting.) me is to make a case on why Sof is town.

I want to hear it!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2023, 07:26:33 pm »

I should've just hammered myself when I had the chance.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2023, 07:31:30 pm »

Probably. It's too late in the day to actually change things without chaos. While you can say Dorf is possibly mafia, an alternative is still needed. Which means convincing others of an alternative town pick.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2023, 07:31:38 pm »

Let's try this again then.  Do we still, as a group, feel Sec is a good choice for one of our survivors?

How do we vote now, seeing how everything has gone since?
Although I now feel slightly less confident about both Secret (for not properly responding to Max's query) and Max (for voting himself and then switching less than 10 minutes before the deadline), my overall stance has not changed.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 14, 2023, 07:33:23 pm »

Max (for voting himself and then switching less than 10 minutes before the deadline)
Does that make me scum?

Does that make me town?

Does it matter at all?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 14, 2023, 07:33:39 pm »

Here's all of Sec's reads on Imp and Tric from every post made in this game:

So far I feel Tric and Sofanthiel are more likely town although it's still too early to lock them as town. Imp has actually written far more than anybody else but those posts are, I feel, null on the whole as some of it's about the past game; So, most suspicious to me atm is Max. Hopefully I'll be hear more from him before day end.

I have a townlean on Tricmagic because, while I agree that completely skipping the day would be detrimental to town, I do not believe scum would act like Tric is acting. I would expect the actual mafia to be more careful and calculated. What Tric's doing makes more sense if he were town. Also, I have played with Tric before, and while I do not remember a lot of specifics, I have an intuitive feeling that what Tric's doing now lines up with what town Tric used to do, being... silly( :P). Also,

This post. Unless Tric's acting dumb, this means they do not have knowledge that mafia should have. Of course, they might be doing this to clear them if they're mafia, but combining this with the above, I think Tric's pretty likely to be town.

Regarding you, Imp, you'd actually said a lot, but a lot of it was further questioning in reaction to other people's post, and let's say, none of it particularly stuck with me, as in me not feeling anything you said was townish or scummy. While it looked like you were putting effort into finding scum via prodding people and thus generating additional information, I wanted to be cautious because I think it's pretty easy to just ask questions to people and be active as scum.

However, your last post with reads was more clear, and your analysis of posts feels genuine to me, not biased, forced or manipulative. I can feel that this is coming from town, so I'm upgrading you to strong townread.

So here's my final read list from towniest to scummiest:
Imp
Tricmagic
Sofanthiel
Maximumspin

I'm personally ok with this. The 2 players I would choose to eliminate would be MaximumSpin and Sofanthiel although this is prone to change as there's still quite some time left for day end.

I am willing to take Imp and Tricmagic as confirmed town. Max also feels town to me.
So I don't really need a plan at this point.

And also, Max, you had said that you didn't mind losing if Tric was mafia.
PLUS

I'd assume I would be the lynch here Max? I'm fine with that.
I think this clears Tric.

I'll just end the second-guessing there and say that I'll go with myself+Tricmagic or Imp + Tricmagic. Of course, in the end, I will go with the majority. But I'd rather Max wasn't one of the survivors.

I don't see this as not making sense.  It's consistent and builds on itself.  Unless that itself is the scumtell.  Scum know who are town, so they know to read it as townie.  I don't think so.  I still see reasonable town play here.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 14, 2023, 07:36:53 pm »

Does that make me scum?

Does that make me town?

It makes your self-sacrifice inauthentic.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 14, 2023, 07:38:41 pm »

It makes your self-sacrifice inauthentic.
I have never in my life attempted self-sacrifice.

I'm just bored and I don't want this to be my problem anymore.

I'm continuing to try to argue it out of some kind of sense of obligation, but I honestly hope I do get to be the lynch this turn.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 14, 2023, 07:40:22 pm »

3 or 4 of us present now (all but sec) are town.

We don't at all agree on who the other town are.

We have the compromise, Sec and Tric.  I think that's the compromise?

I think sof is against Tric.

Max is now against Sec, but wasn't earlier.  Again, town loses if we're wrong about who the survivors are, if they're not town.  So I would expect town Max to have big issues earlier with the way we planned, instead of issues at the end when it didn't look escapable for a Max survival chance.  The time for Max to scheme, as town, was earlier, and the evidence now isn't convincing to me.

Tric is one of the survivors and doesn't seem against Sec.  Tric is very much a compromise for me, but one I'm less uncomfortable with than earlier, and no, I don't like a sof for Tric switch better, and I am completely against a Max for Tric swap.

I can live with Tric and Sec as our best bets, because I still think Sec is probably town and between Max, sof, and Tric, 2 or 3 are town and Tric is the towniest to me of the three.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2023, 07:40:54 pm »

Reads a lot like reverse psychology, Maximum Spin.

Let's see how sincere that statement really was!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2023, 07:41:17 pm »

Maximum Spin
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12