Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia - Basic Edition ENDED NIGHT 1 with Town Victory  (Read 9014 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia - Basic Edition (5/5) Start: Wed, Dec 13th at 7pm EST
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2023, 04:17:11 pm »

I suggest myself and TricMagic as survivors, you don't like TricMagic. I suggest myself and Secretdorf as survivors instead, now you don't like me. Would you take Secretdorf and sofanthiel?
The person I suspect most is currently Imp, but Tric is not too much higher on my list.  I suggest Max and Secretdorf as survivors.
Either this is Sofanthiel's last ditch effort or they're town and don't mind dying.

If it's the latter, I'd be more inclined to believe Max is mafia because he's the only one to include himself in the survivors. But it might SOMEHOW be Tric. For a 100% win, I'd probably go with myself and Imp but that's not possible because for some reason, everyone else thinks Imp's mafia.

I'll just end the second-guessing there and say that I'll go with myself+Tricmagic or Imp + Tricmagic. Of course, in the end, I will go with the majority. But I'd rather Max wasn't one of the survivors.

What do you say, Max? You were okay with me. Are you okay with Tricmagic?

Basically, if Tric's scum, he gave up on any hopes of winning a while ago. Or so it looks like to me.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2023, 04:23:10 pm »

I suggest myself and TricMagic as survivors, you don't like TricMagic. I suggest myself and Secretdorf as survivors instead, now you don't like me. Would you take Secretdorf and sofanthiel?
The person I suspect most is currently Imp, but Tric is not too much higher on my list.  I suggest Max and Secretdorf as survivors.
Sofanthiel, why do you suspect Imp the most?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2023, 04:37:53 pm »

You seem to be concerning eager to lynch Tric just 10 posts in.  I, personally, don't see any glaring issues with his argument; reddening a name is simply the fastest way to have something explained (a little pressure has never hurt anybody!). Still, I want to hear Tric's answer to your question, as voting me goes against his stated reasoning.
The answer to the above comment was a reiteration of the fact that Imp is not going to laser focus on anyone this game (the exact thing I observed and accused Imp of) and that Tric wasn't doing a good enough job scumhunting... 2 posts into the game...
If anything, Tric was the first to propose a strategy, and not a bad one at that!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2023, 04:53:00 pm »

Okay.  We all pick Sec as a survivor.  Speak up if you are no longer comfortable with this, I'm as comfortable as I can get with about 2 hours to day end.

Second survivor pick votes were:

Max: sof and Tric
Tric: Sec and Max
Sof: Imp
Imp: Sec

All that matters is that we do not have scum among the two survivors, and of course get an agreed plan of who shoots who so those are the only two survivors.  Or that we find the flaw in the plan, and get rid of it if it is flawed.  I still think this is the most likely path to a town win I can see, other than blind luck.  I like that this plan keeps control in town's hands, and we can try to find any flaws if there are any.

I'm most uncomfortable with Max being among the survivors..  That repeat subtle count 'me among those that live' is pretty distinctive.

Who else is everyone most uncomfortable with being one of the two who live?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2023, 04:55:19 pm »

That repeat subtle count 'me among those that live' is pretty distinctive.
You know I've said that less than Secretdorf has, right?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2023, 05:04:21 pm »

And who to lynch; if we're lucky all of town will live.  For me that who to lynch, at the moment, is Max, again for that survivor/trust me issue, and that Max pointed out whoever came up with the plan can't survive:

I really feel, though, like you're trying too hard to come up with a plan that guarantees scum win if you can convince people to put you into that top two players, which is why I will absolutely not agree to have you in it. It's just the cost of being the person who suggested it in the first place - you can't be trusted to execute it yourself.

But Max actually came up with this version of it, from what he says here:

What is this possible 3-kill plan?

If we lynch someone, and that someone is a mislynch, we go into N1 with 3 town, 1 scum.  let's say A is scum.

Plan is, I guess, have A and C shoot B, B and D shoot A.

If A or B is scum, town will win.

If C or D is scum, town will lose.
That's what I said, yes. I laid it out really clearly, earlier. If you didn't read that, that isn't my fault. I read everything you posted.

Actually, no.  Even where you suggest being killed, you immediately suggest someone else instead:

If someone hammers before we work out a plan for in case this is wrong, I'll just executively say right now: Tric and I will shoot sofanthiel and Secretdorf and sofanthiel can go ahead and shoot me, unless Tric chimes in first demanding to be even more sacrificial. Nobody can complain about my plan if I volunteer for it, surely.

Tric had already sort of done that:

I'd assume I would be the lynch here Max? I'm fine with that.

If you lynch me first, I can't protect mafia. (By screwing up.)

If there was a hammer nobody's have time to further discuss, but the seeds were there.

I really do not want Max among the survivors.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2023, 05:06:20 pm »

So, we kill Imp and Max?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2023, 05:07:37 pm »

Okay, let me make that easy for you. Maximum Spin

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2023, 05:09:03 pm »

K. So what's the shooting order right now? Also Unvote

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2023, 05:09:53 pm »

If it were completely up to me, Secret and I would be the ones waking up tomorrow, but I'm fairly confident that the killer is either Imp or Tric, so I'm willing to let Max take my place.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2023, 05:12:06 pm »

Tric/Sofanthiel Shoot Imp
Imp/Secret Shoot Sofanthiel

Is this good?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2023, 05:15:47 pm »

Wait, so are we definitely 100% lynching Max?  Tric, your desire to stay alive for day 2 is worrisome, to say the least.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2023, 05:16:54 pm »

Can you help me find where Sec says they are town?

I see this one place:

I'll just end the second-guessing there and say that I'll go with myself+Tricmagic or Imp + Tricmagic. Of course, in the end, I will go with the majority. But I'd rather Max wasn't one of the survivors.

What do you say, Max? You were okay with me. Are you okay with Tricmagic?

Basically, if Tric's scum, he gave up on any hopes of winning a while ago. Or so it looks like to me.

This is after all 4 of the rest of us said Sec is one of our top survivor picks.  If Sec is scum this is a terribly good day for Sec, but I don't see or feel that.

I see Sec trying to negotiate for a decent plan, and offering one that doesn't include them as a survivor.

I say keep Sec as a survivor.

I say my preference is Lynch Max, maybe we don't have a night.

And I want to know who else everyone least wants to survive, and/or most wants as the second town pick.

Sec is also saying 'not Max'.

If we take Max off the list of survivors, my next survivor pick between sof and Tric is so hard.  Tric does seem scummy to me, but recently improved a lot.  Sof's is sure I'm scum and if not, it's Tric.  Sof's after me for my actual scumhunting of Tric, while saying Tric is Sof's second scum pick and not giving reasons for that.

Alright.

My second survivor vote shifts to Sec.  My lynch vote's still Max.  I don't like how sof's evaluating evidence, but that could be sof's playstyle.

But we have stuff to discuss, so I hope we confirm who shoots who at night as well as who we lynch.

What's everyone else say... wow so many other posts.

Okay, Max voting self.  I can't read town or scum ploy.

But if we do lynch Max. 

Tric/Sofanthiel Shoot Imp
Imp/Secret Shoot Sofanthiel

Is this good?

I'm fine with this.  Tric is my second survivor pick with recent events.

Wait, so are we definitely 100% lynching Max?  Tric, your desire to stay alive for day 2 is worrisome, to say the least.

... I missed that?

Rereading, please nobody hammer.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2023, 05:24:22 pm »

Sof, I'm sorta expected to lynch you day 2. If I had to pick two to die, it would be you and Imp. Even if I end up lynched.

Imp doesn't want Max alive, Max is fine with it. You don't want me alive, but who else do you want dead?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2023, 05:25:50 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12