Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79465 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2850 on: January 02, 2024, 05:46:09 pm »

Max still needs to die, even if Elephant and Jim are scum they also know Max needs to die today.

If Esteemed Maximum Spin needs to die today, why isn't he willing to, at least this early, switch to me?

He sure switched to Esteemed Jim Groovester.

I'm his main threat, other than elimination.  If he's town, I'm possibly the only one that can save him.  But if he's anti-town... he has to get me dead before I inspect him.

So does the rest of the anti-towns.

Who wants me dead here?  The anti-town that cannot for the life of me or anyone get me off of them.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: January 02, 2024, 05:46:22 pm »

I understand why people are suspicious but I strongly think people who don't believe I'm a mason with EP are liars
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: January 02, 2024, 05:48:04 pm »

Max still needs to die, even if Elephant and Jim are scum they also know Max needs to die today.

If Esteemed Maximum Spin needs to die today, why isn't he willing to, at least this early, switch to me?

He sure switched to Esteemed Jim Groovester.

I'm his main threat, other than elimination.  If he's town, I'm possibly the only one that can save him.  But if he's anti-town... he has to get me dead before I inspect him.

So does the rest of the anti-towns.

Who wants me dead here?  The anti-town that cannot for the life of me or anyone get me off of them.

Who also knows there’s absolutely no way you get lynched, so what’s his gameplan?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: January 02, 2024, 05:49:04 pm »

It doesn't make sense to vote Jim or Elephant today when Imp can inspect one tonight. Even if Imp is a lying killer (which we can't disapprove because they're fucking stupid or scum) they have to continue playing the role of a supercop, and will be caught before the game is over if that is true.
The problem with this is that they might have a plan to kill Esteemed Imp, or even banish Esteemed Imp, or have something else that can defeat a supercop, and know this.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: January 02, 2024, 05:49:08 pm »

I do have one counterargument to us being pirates: in an earlier conversation where Jim and I were discussing whether pirates were real or not, Jim pointed out that a second scumteam would have an advantage over the first due to their name implying the existence of a first scumteam, while Mafia would be running blind. Fallacy replied that both teams would be given Info statements claiming the existence of another team. Our dearly departed mafiosos have been pushing for us to accept the existence of Pirates, but they have implied they were not TOLD that there are pirates. This contradiction implies that Pirates do not exist. I don't know how convincing this will be coming from me, especially right now (I have no good reason for not claiming it earlier, pirates weren't being taken seriously at the time and it seemed kind of cheesy to lean on mod info like that) but I'll ask in-thread because why not.

@Fallacyofurist: If there was a second scumteam, would the Mafia be informed of that fact?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: January 02, 2024, 05:51:21 pm »

EP might type this faster than me but two scum teams is not a realistic possibility since the rules for there being two scum teams aren't wholly thought through and FoU told us in Mason chat after we brought some of those things up that FoU would pro actively tell both scum teams there was another scum team.

The way BHK answered my question about it implied it was not a certainty that there was a second team.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: January 02, 2024, 05:59:19 pm »

I am not going to accept the elimination of a supercop or a mason because people find them suspicious. There is no solid proof that these players are scum and they are some of the most powerful assets in a game. Any fear-mongering or pitchfork raising is the act of scum trying to get juicy mislynches or paranoid town that need to think better.

It doesn't make sense to vote Jim or Elephant today when Imp can inspect one tonight. Even if Imp is a lying killer (which we can't disapprove because they're fucking stupid or scum) they have to continue playing the role of a supercop, and will be caught before the game is over if that is true.
The problem with this is that they might have a plan to kill Esteemed Imp, or even banish Esteemed Imp, or have something else that can defeat a supercop, and know this.
This speculation can be applied to NQT's death. Scum could have killed NQT (or Webadict for that matter) in any number of ways we can't possibly know about. You've said yourself that you have a free action. We've also seen actions taken from dead players. Anything is possible in BYOR.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: January 02, 2024, 06:00:09 pm »

EP: please don't use red like that

Imp: what part of "storm of hammers" requires explanation?

Toony: one moment, because your logic makes sense.

FoU:

If A is a non-redirectable inspector, and B has been bussed with C, and A attempts to inspect B, will they inspect B or C?

I want to check if a bus counts as a redirect of the inspector, or of the inspectee.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: January 02, 2024, 06:00:47 pm »

EP: please don't use red like that
Point taken but that's how it's colored in the OP.

Maximum Spin in case I broke Mamobo

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: January 02, 2024, 06:01:29 pm »

Imp if Jim isn't lynched please for the love of God investigate us tonight, I don't want to play Musical Wagons tomorrow

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: January 02, 2024, 06:02:03 pm »

Maximum Spin Maximum Spin but Lenglon is scum.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: January 02, 2024, 06:02:28 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Maximum Spin     --6-- The Canadian kitten*, ToonyMan*, hector13*, Elephant Parade*, Jim Groovester*, Jim Groovester*,
Imp                 --5-- Secretdorf*, Secretdorf*, Secretdorf*, Secretdorf*, Secretdorf*,
Jim Groovester      --2-- Lenglon*, Maximum Spin*,
Secretdorf          --1-- Imp*,
Elephant Parade     --0--
hector13            --0--
Lenglon             --0--
The Canadian kitten --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --0--

8 to Hammer. Day ends on January 02, 2023 at 18:00 Central Standard Time (-8759 hours and -3 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: January 02, 2024, 06:04:16 pm »

Maximum Spin Maximum Spin but Lenglon is scum.
Then roleblock me again. Costs me nothing but a single track result.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: January 02, 2024, 06:06:03 pm »

I think EP's the better choice among those 2, cuz he's got bombs and all, and could blow us up. I'm alright with doing one of them in. If Imp can please rid me of this paranoia.

PPE:- Jim and EP make a point. I'm back to Imp or Max.

Imp: I'm town. I generally thought you were town. You repeatedly told me to show that I was playing by the town wincon. Please do that if you're town. Otherwise I just can't help but think you're not town. Nobody seems to be willing to vote you out(except Lenglon) so if you don't break the restriction in approxiamately half an hour, I'm going to post the kill. If you're town, you and I both die, and town very likely loses. If you still won't do it, I'm going to blame you for the loss.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: January 02, 2024, 06:07:15 pm »

Well, I'm leaving and won't be back by day end, and I'm not going to vote for Esteemed Imp for no better reason than to tie the vote. Esteemed Lenglon will probably vote for me anyway. It's fine, but, look, I am telling you all with absolute truthfulness that lynching me won't be the end of the game, so find out who actually is.

Please at least consider lynching basically any more sensible choice.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 207