Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79848 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2820 on: January 02, 2024, 05:26:39 pm »

web: Secretdorf just proved their not on a team with Jim and EP here
They could pretty much hammer and win
That team is eliminated

For Imp
From Web:
Dude.  Stop.  Deep breath.  Roll it back.  Calm down.  Another deep breath.  Stop overthinking.  You cannot cover every base.  You cannot stop every disaster.  You.  Cannot.  Always.  Be.  Right.  Chill out, dude.  Start listening to people.  Open your ears.  Stop focusing on SecretDorf.  If it was SecretDorf, the game is ALREADY OVER.  SO DON'T BOTHER.  If it's SecretDorf, you should've blasted their role last Night.  That's your mistake.  You wanna do something useful?  Blast their role Tonight.

Lol, jk, you don't listen, do whatever, deadchat is closed for you, you don't listen.  Literally none of us want to talk to you, so stop asking us because you ignore EVERYONE.

(Web is past the point of caring, and doesn't care if imp is town or not, and just want imp out for being in his eyes " functionally useless")

For hector
From Web: hector13 is going after you for some fucking reason, tell him I said that if he's Town and votes you, I'm gonna haunt his ass

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: January 02, 2024, 05:27:10 pm »

Max: You are correct. This is why I want Jim / EP lynched. my suspicion is that Imp will be redirected tonight, and so their plan is:

Imp investigates EP -> redirected to the townie they nightkill, probably secretdorf.
Lenglon tracks Imp -> says Imp visited the nightkill.
Imp says they investigated EP, came up town.
Town lynches Lenglon, Lenglon flips town, shrugs.
Next day Town lynches Imp
Jim / EP, now having at least three votes, maybe 4 or 5, between the two of them, now have maj.
Pirate Win.
Imp's ability has been confirmed to ignore redirects.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: January 02, 2024, 05:28:24 pm »

Your mechanical theories today have had huge holes. That's understandable in a game with this many moving parts, and I can see webadict's argument that you're just panicking town, but I still don't like it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: January 02, 2024, 05:28:49 pm »

thank you for the repeat reminder. sorry about that.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: January 02, 2024, 05:30:05 pm »

thank you for the repeat reminder. sorry about that.
No problem, but I find it genuinely suspicious you keep making these mistakes in your arguments for why Player X should be killed. If you're town, you need to double-check more.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: January 02, 2024, 05:30:15 pm »

Max: You are correct. This is why I want Jim / EP lynched. my suspicion is that Imp will be redirected tonight, and so their plan is:

Imp investigates EP -> redirected to the townie they nightkill, probably secretdorf.
Lenglon tracks Imp -> says Imp visited the nightkill.
Imp says they investigated EP, came up town.
Town lynches Lenglon, Lenglon flips town, shrugs.
Next day Town lynches Imp
Jim / EP, now having at least three votes, maybe 4 or 5, between the two of them, now have maj.
Pirate Win.
I see Esteemed Elephant Parade and Esteemed Jim Groovester as the only ones who can actually clear me, because Esteemed Elephant Parade can roleblock me and Esteemed Jim Groovester can steal my vote to confirm I was actually targetable in whatever way we end up choosing (either with bus or without). I also think they could be scum. I don't really know how best to proceed here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: January 02, 2024, 05:30:56 pm »

Right well, we can lynch Esteemed Jim Groovester. He’s the only confirmed actor on Esteemed notquitethere (deceased) and if he flips town then we confirm Esteemed Elephant Parade.

This is something that would have won town the game in BYOR16, quite probably, and nobody listened to me then, it was a brilliant idea. I was scum then, but it was a brilliant idea nonetheless because my team had basically been outed at that point and I wanted to be petty without revealing there were two teams in the game.

PPE: I’m not going to vote Esteemed Imp. Esteemed Secretdorf claimed a kill, they can use that. Esteemed Imp isn’t getting lynched ever.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: January 02, 2024, 05:31:45 pm »

Max: I can also clear you simply by tracking you to not-the-nightkill, assuming you're trackable tonight.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: January 02, 2024, 05:32:12 pm »

Imp will be redirected tonight
Warehouse 13 (Town)
(Auto) Don’t Worry About It: You cannot gain status conditions, change alignment, join any private chats, have your action targets changed, gain abilities, lose abilities, or have abilities modified. If you successfully alignment inspect someone, your result cannot be distorted from reality. The sole exception to these conditions is that Contractual Niceness can Disable this ability.
(Auto) Contractual Niceness: You are required to maintain a calm and kind demeanor during the Day and in private chats. If you violate this condition, Don’t Worry About It will be Disabled until you follow this condition for a full Day. You are encouraged to take breaks from the game whenever you feel like you need to.
(Night) Basic Inspect [target]: You learn your target’s alignment.
(1-Shot, Night) Simplify [target]: Your target’s role loses all abilities.

What in this game besides my own errant actions could possibly allow me to be redirected?

I confirm at this time I still have not been informed of ever having anything about my role be disabled.

To my own evaluation, I have not broken 'Contractual Niceness'.  I presume that also gets 'good faith effort' and... frankly... I am made of good faith effort.  I exude it.  If I err, it's genuinely by accident and I currently believe Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist can read me to my soul.  I have no interest in lying to that one, strong anti-interest in lying to that one, and don't think there's a power in this game that could redirect me... well.

The elimination sort of could, sure.

This is a nice way for Esteemed Secretdorf to ensure they never have to face my inspection too, just saying.

And if Esteemed Maximum Spin is eager to avoid that... he's hiding it as well as he hides anything.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: January 02, 2024, 05:32:55 pm »

Also remember N1 when Esteemed Jim Groovester got two votes and two people had kills on them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: January 02, 2024, 05:33:22 pm »

Right well, we can lynch Esteemed Jim Groovester. He’s the only confirmed actor on Esteemed notquitethere (deceased) and if he flips town then we confirm Esteemed Elephant Parade.

This is something that would have won town the game in BYOR16, quite probably, and nobody listened to me then, it was a brilliant idea. I was scum then, but it was a brilliant idea nonetheless because my team had basically been outed at that point and I wanted to be petty without revealing there were two teams in the game.

PPE: I’m not going to vote Esteemed Imp. Esteemed Secretdorf claimed a kill, they can use that. Esteemed Imp isn’t getting lynched ever.
I don't personally like this because, from my perspective, he's a guaranteed mislynch who is already town-confirmed, but I don't immediately see any holes in your argument.

Also remember N1 when Esteemed Jim Groovester got two votes and two people had kills on them.
MS confirmed his action wasn't tagged Kill.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: January 02, 2024, 05:34:47 pm »

I don't personally like this because, from my perspective, he's a guaranteed mislynch who is already town-confirmed

Why do you believe 'town confirmed'?

Same reason Esteemed hector13 is 'serial killer confirmed', right?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: January 02, 2024, 05:35:31 pm »

There have been several flips that have poked loopholes in other players abilities. It may not be tagged as a kill but can still do that.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: January 02, 2024, 05:35:52 pm »

web: Secretdorf just proved their not on a team with Jim and EP here

Yep, didn't have that fully understood at start of D5, did soon after.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: January 02, 2024, 05:37:32 pm »

I don't personally like this because, from my perspective, he's a guaranteed mislynch who is already town-confirmed

Why do you believe 'town confirmed'?

Same reason Esteemed hector13 is 'serial killer confirmed', right?
Because the mod told me he was town at the start of the game. He is already town-confirmed to me. That is what I meant by "from my perspective".

There have been several flips that have poked loopholes in other players abilities. It may not be tagged as a kill but can still do that.
This is true. I guess this also guards against Imp not investigating us tonight for whatever reason.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 207