Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80383 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2775 on: January 02, 2024, 04:21:07 pm »

The cat in The Cat Came Back does die, but only at the very end.

It would also fit with the name of the power Esteemed Maximum Spin discovered N4. Haunted Void or something?

Basically the story is a man trying to get rid of a cat that is tormenting him, and he eventually gets so frustrated he ends up blowing up his house, killing himself. When he realizes he’s dead he’s so happy… until he realizes he also killed the cat, and now has nine cat souls to torment him for eternity. So it fits that as a name I guess.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: January 02, 2024, 04:21:43 pm »

Right, right, having thought it over more, I think it makes the most sense for Esteemed Secretdorf to be the merger and Esteemed The Canadian kitten to be the necromancer.
Hmmm? What do Lenglon and now you mean by the necromancer? Kitten has res'd themselves but they haven't res'd other players. I could see them as a necromancer though.
Someone banished Esteemed Crystalizedmire, apparently in the same way as Esteemed sofanthiel's action, after Esteemed sofanthiel died.

I suppose these could both be Esteemed The Canadian kitten, but I was thinking that Esteemed The Canadian kitten's revive ability and deadchat access pointed toward it.

Max: as a reminder, Toony was the first person I checked for groupchat. Toony doesen't have one. They are not mafia, and not mason. It's possible for Toony to be an SK, but I see no reason to suspect that. But if you want Toony to be scum you need to make me either scum or interfered with on N2 as well as N3 (the double-result mess) and N4 (roleblocked by EP) and is it really that likely that people will have decided to mess with me N2 when N1 all I showed was a track action?

Anyway if you want Toony to be on a team with Imp you need to fit me in with that team as well somehow, and 6 maf is a bit much.
Right, you did say that, so I'll provisionally rule that one out. I tend to be paranoid.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: January 02, 2024, 04:22:18 pm »

It would also fit with the name of the power Esteemed Maximum Spin discovered N4. Haunted Void or something?
Haunting Void.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: January 02, 2024, 04:22:43 pm »

Trying to follow along but it's difficult from my phone. I'll probably just have to follow my mason partner's lead if I can't solidly participate.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: January 02, 2024, 04:24:19 pm »

*sighs* I’m thinking of moving my vote to Esteemed The Canadian kitten. While Esteemed Maximum Spin could easily be the SK, I’m not sure he would be quite so helpful to town if he was anti-town.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: January 02, 2024, 04:24:52 pm »

Be careful about assuming hostile flavor means hostile actions Imp:I've literally been a town-aligned malevolent sentient plague before in a Fal BYOR

Alignment and role are mostly unrelated.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: January 02, 2024, 04:25:17 pm »

Well, I say that, he absolutely would, but I’m not sure to the point of backing himself into a corner.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: January 02, 2024, 04:27:49 pm »

Imp Imp Imp Imp Imp

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: January 02, 2024, 04:28:54 pm »

by the way, I do confirm that Max  namedropped White Hat accurately.

Secretdorf: wut?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: January 02, 2024, 04:31:15 pm »

Esteemed Maximum Spin also started on at me D4 about controlling the kill after accidentally hitting him with my post restriction, and I’m not sure as an SK he would be quite as amenable to accepting my explanation if he could relatively easily spin my cageyness about revealing too much about my role as scum trying to hide the fact they’re bad.

PPE: what happened to not being back before the deadline, eh?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: January 02, 2024, 04:31:38 pm »

Secretdorf: Hammer's at 8, that's 5 on Imp, or 6 if I missed someone voting them, so it's not hammer. care to explain what's going on? Should I be voting Imp with you? Please convince me to vote Imp with you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: January 02, 2024, 04:32:29 pm »

haha what

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: January 02, 2024, 04:32:39 pm »

I have two roles

The Cat Came back
Curiosity: allows me to inspect players and die with three possible outcomes (Anti-town, Kill action, Visiting)
Auto 1 shot that revives me when I get killed (not lynched) into The Came came back wrong

The Cat came back wrong
Haunting Void: Find out target alignment, autokill if they use kill action or visit
Astral Tabby: Access to deadchat
Delve the Duat: 1 shot that allows me to find out who visited a dead player of my choosing the night they died.

Dorf: wtf dude what are you trying to pull

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: January 02, 2024, 04:34:30 pm »

Well, considering I got upset about 24 hours of Esteemed Imp incessantly pushing the Esteemed Secretdorf wagon, I imagine this is borne of frustration rather than anything else.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: January 02, 2024, 04:36:35 pm »

Either that or that’s how they summon their daykill.

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 207