Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80604 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #2715 on: January 02, 2024, 02:07:53 pm »

I believe his exorbitantly honorable excellency the learned M. Hector Thirteen, Esq., lately of Bailey-on-Thames, to be a member of that most verdant faction in good and illustrious standing. His Grace the Bishop Secretdorf, B.Div., Th.D., though perhaps not as overtly obviously so, I also esteem to be more likely on the side of community harmony than otherwise.

Excuse me, Esteemed Maximum Spin.  I understand you have a lot of very important business right now.  If you could and would make time to reveal all you can and will about Esteemed Secretdorf, that would probably help town a lot.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2716 on: January 02, 2024, 02:10:39 pm »

That’s a fair point actually. If Esteemed The Candian kitten was redirected to Esteemed Maximum Spin, the latter didn’t perform the kill.

Yes but... if 'the kill' is not 'a kill', then that could be moot.

For example, if 'the kill' is 'I use this ability that uses someone else's ability, which happens to be a kill' - don't know if that would trigger Esteemed The Canadian kitten's reflexive kill.  Just throwing that out there, because having seen what I've seen in this game, that looks 'possible'.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: January 02, 2024, 02:16:03 pm »

However, if Esteemed Maximum Spin targeted Esteemed The Canadian kitten, who targeted Esteemed Maximum Spin - Esteemed Maximum Spin should be dead.

That's what's really ruled out, I think.  Also, if Esteemed Maximum Spin was targeted by Esteemed The Canadian kitten, and also performed 'a kill' ... but again, I think it may be possible for there to be an ability that uses other abilities, and I don't know how that would affect triggering.

For example, Esteemed BlackHeartKabal had this:

(1-Shot, Mafiakill, Night) Final Circuit []: You begin the Final Circuit, inviting every player Marked By Death to join you. You kill every player that has Marked By Death, bypassing protection and kill immunity. Then, you claim your prize - at the end of the next Day, you may replace A Lonely Road with a copy of one non-Innate Auto ability that one of the players you killed had.

That would have taken anyone Marked By Death at that time, unless maybe they were banished?  Or had other finely tuned protection exactly designed to handle and prevent that.

So I think 'ways to cause death' that 'don't count as a kill' and could fit within this awesome flavor of Esteemed Maximum Spin's role are -possible-.  I don't know that such exist.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: January 02, 2024, 02:17:49 pm »

Ok, I'll steal a vote. In case I am not online at day end, please hammer Max or any alternate choice.

Canadian Kitten, please do not inspect Imp, if they're volunteering it, they probably have a bus or redirect ready, or they're town.

If I am killed in the night(I doubt it), please consider the possibility of scum!Imp.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: January 02, 2024, 02:19:42 pm »

That’s a fair point actually. If Esteemed The Candian kitten was redirected to Esteemed Maximum Spin, the latter didn’t perform the kill.

Since you’re beee though, Esteemed Maximum Spin, perhaps you could tell us why you targeted Esteemed Jim Groovester when I said I’d target him for kill immunity, particularly when you said you didn’t want it?
I don't recall you saying you would target him. I recall suggesting it, but as he strenuously didn't want it, I didn't really think you would. I also genuinely already have effective kill immunity in terms of my unstoppable self-protect, which you will certainly see is completely true exactly as I've described it (as far as I know), so it's not like I was trying to get kill-immunity sneakily. If I had any thought at the time I took the action about expecting you to do that, I don't remember now, but I guess I may have wanted to be able to confirm your action. More likely, I just didn't think about it at all. That's why it was extra annoying to "wake up" D4 knowing that I'd put my own face in the path of that basketball.

Excuse me, Esteemed Maximum Spin.  I understand you have a lot of very important business right now.  If you could and would make time to reveal all you can and will about Esteemed Secretdorf, that would probably help town a lot.
I know jack all about him, having never seen a single one of his actions as far as I remember, but he had the chance to pick up an extra vote with my votecount request yesterday and rejected it, so I don't care that much.

However, if Esteemed Maximum Spin targeted Esteemed The Canadian kitten, who targeted Esteemed Maximum Spin - Esteemed Maximum Spin should be dead.

That's what's really ruled out, I think.
That I so targeted should be completely unambiguous because I named the ability. I got complete confirmation of that action. There's no way you can think I didn't. Therefore...?

Is everyone completely committed to lynching me today? No second thoughts at all?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: January 02, 2024, 02:20:48 pm »

MS, why didn't you see the merge on D1?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: January 02, 2024, 02:21:19 pm »

You could full-claim.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: January 02, 2024, 02:21:37 pm »

You watched NQT, you saw the kill hot NQT, you didn't see the merge? Huh?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: January 02, 2024, 02:22:56 pm »

I don't know. Maybe it's an auto that lets you choose two players, not a targeted action, or maybe it has its own clause about being invisible, which I have to assume at least some action out there would given that I can see actions.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: January 02, 2024, 02:23:04 pm »

His Grace the Bishop Secretdorf, B.Div., Th.D., though perhaps not as overtly obviously so, I also esteem to be more likely on the side of community harmony than otherwise.

So this isn't based on flavor?  Would you kindly, if you think it helps you in any way, help me understand why you thought the Esteemed Secretdorf was more likely to be on the side of community harmony than otherwise?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: January 02, 2024, 02:23:48 pm »

I don't know. Maybe it's an auto that lets you choose two players, not a targeted action, or maybe it has its own clause about being invisible, which I have to assume at least some action out there would given that I can see actions.
Did you watch or follow N3? Who did you target? What were the name and tags of the action you saw?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: January 02, 2024, 02:24:51 pm »

So this isn't based on flavor?  Would you kindly, if you think it helps you in any way, help me understand why you thought the Esteemed Secretdorf was more likely to be on the side of community harmony than otherwise?
It's not based on anything I learned, no. I just don't see what you seem to think you see, at all.

Did you watch or follow N3? Who did you target? What were the name and tags of the action you saw?
N3 was the night I was randomized, right? I only want to answer this if you're committed to lynching me, because it contains information that will otherwise get me killed.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: January 02, 2024, 02:25:22 pm »

I am pretty committed to lynching you at this point, yes.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: January 02, 2024, 02:25:38 pm »

Max: Plenty of second-thoughts. For one, I'm certain you aren't mafia, and at least some of your claims are true.
for two, if you are town, you're a miller. millers usually get extra good abilities to compensate for being millers, and so lynching you removes a major asset.
for three, you could confirm what action I use tonight, since I suspect that if I manage to track the nightkill, said nightkiller is going to claim I'm lying.
for four, you are my best hope of getting an accurate read of Jim and EP, assuming you aren't on a team with them. those two are both very hard for me to read and I don't feel very confident in the reads I have of them

As I said when I voted you, I'd prefer to flip one of the claimed mason-millers to make sure they aren't simply scum, lynching you instead is an acceptable alternate to me, that's all.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: January 02, 2024, 02:27:13 pm »

Ok, I'll steal a vote. In case I am not online at day end, please hammer Max or any alternate choice.

Canadian Kitten, please do not inspect Imp, if they're volunteering it, they probably have a bus or redirect ready, or they're town.

If I am killed in the night(I doubt it), please consider the possibility of scum!Imp.
Maybe Max can daykill Imp today. I don't think Max is lying about not killing NQT.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 207