Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80551 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2700 on: January 02, 2024, 12:11:10 pm »

That said, I should probably ask Jim before volunteering his night action.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: January 02, 2024, 12:20:16 pm »

How much time is left?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: January 02, 2024, 12:22:00 pm »

How much time is left?
Day 5 will end at 6 PM Central time, Tuesday January 2nd of 2024. You may now post.[/b]
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: January 02, 2024, 12:23:23 pm »

7 and a half  hours remain
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: January 02, 2024, 12:32:11 pm »

Hrm.  I just considered that if the Esteemed hector13 has some ability that can fox the superinspect, they might have motive to want me roleflipped.  I will flip town, which confirms my result on them.  If they can fox that inspect, then that is great for them, though I don't see further need to get me eliminated, unless it's general anti-town reasons, because 'lost in a sea of superinspected' sounds like a great place to be to me, and nothing I can fix.  I'm doing everything I'm supposed to, to follow these possibly maddening rules.

Otherwise I'm not concerned about Esteemed hector13's town-ness.  I am certain of my inspect results and my honest reporting of them.  I don't know of anything that could fox the superinspect, but I will believe nearly anything of Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist's ability to weave the story of that one's design within a game world entirely of that one's creation.

So, I put this at a low probability, but high enough to mention.  I don't want my roleflip to help anyone anti-town.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: January 02, 2024, 12:36:54 pm »

I do believe this is the accurate current votecount:

Maximum Spin (5): The Canadian kitten, Elephant Parade, ToonyMan, hector13, Lenglon,
Secretdorf (1):  Maximum Spin,
Imp (0):
Lenglon (0):
Elephant Parade (0):
hector13 (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

8 votes to hammer.  (14 votes in play).

Not Voting ( 8 ): Jim Groovester, Jim Groovester, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Imp,

Day 5 will end at 6 PM Central time, Tuesday January 2nd of 2024.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: January 02, 2024, 12:55:17 pm »

That said, I should probably ask Jim before volunteering his night action.

Stealing Secretdorf's vote is basically what I was planning to do anyway.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: January 02, 2024, 12:55:35 pm »

Cool.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: January 02, 2024, 01:08:44 pm »

Rationale for acting on Esteemed Imp N1: they felt the most townie from D1, and I mentioned at some point I wanted to make my strong town reads kill immune in the early game. Given they mentioned having something bad that would happen if they were killed, I suggested they were already kill immune D2 when they weren’t in the hope that scum would believe me. Esteemed ToonyMan messed up my action to upgrade it N2, which is why I wanted to say as little as possible about it D3 because I am very aware that the scum can also read what I was trying to imply to Esteemed Imp, namely that I know they didn’t have kill immunity, but then Esteemed webadict’s role flip heavily suggests they can’t gain anything to their role, so felt it was a bit pointless to continue my efforts in that regard.

Also, given that Esteemed webadict has flipped and Esteemed Imp has claimed a copy of that role, I gain nothing from their flip that I haven’t already from Esteemed webadict’s flip.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: January 02, 2024, 01:27:19 pm »

Lenglon, as a tracker, you should be first roleclaim tomorrow if you aren't roleblocked. I probably don't need to say that since you claimed first today.

I'm going to really struggle with not near-instantly reporting whatever results I get, unless I feel very sure a quickhammer's probably impossible, because if all we have is night game, or I'm suddenly somehow insta-day-killed (currently doesn't seem impossible) that might matter for the decisions people make that next night.

Would that be a problem, if so can you help me understand why maybe I should delay until Esteemed Lenglon has had time to report?
I've been turning this post over in my head and I don't really like it. It discourages Lenglon from tracking you, which is suspicious for obvious reasons. Given your continued refusal to meet the condition that would prevent you from performing kills, I would like it if you committed to delaying your claim until after Lenglon's unless Secretdorf somehow has enough votes to hammer. I will be most unhappy if SD has few enough votes that even a hypothetical team of three including them wouldn't be able to hammer and you still claim before Lenglon.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: January 02, 2024, 01:48:52 pm »

I've been turning this post over in my head and I don't really like it. It discourages Lenglon from tracking you, which is suspicious for obvious reasons. Given your continued refusal to meet the condition that would prevent you from performing kills, I would like it if you committed to delaying your claim until after Lenglon's unless Secretdorf somehow has enough votes to hammer. I will be most unhappy if SD has few enough votes that even a hypothetical team of three including them wouldn't be able to hammer and you still claim before Lenglon.

I'm okay with this.  I have a lot more info since D4.  I am now certain that Esteemed hector13 cannot be a partner with Esteemed Secretdorf.  If you and Esteemed Jim Groovester are partners with Esteemed Secretdorf, this game's pretty much over in your team's favor, and I don't see that either.

I currently don't think Esteemed Secretdorf has a true partner, or they're town that somehow sets my 'this is your true enemy this game' senses off - and again, I'm town, not a hunter.  But my intuition tells me that one is problematic for me to simplify, probably is best vigged, and, well, I keep remembering this:

SOMEONE is going to have to take that daykill to the face eventually.

I don't think so, but if so...

Listen to Lenglon.

The reason I'm claiming so much is so that the scum focus on me.  They HAVE to deal with me, and I could very well be lying.  I am acting as a shield.  Maybe they kill me.  Maybe they block me.  They still waste their resources on me, and not on anyone else.

Noted.  I'll see what I can do with this other-person's-body.

So, I presume if Esteemed Secretdorf does start quickhammering like a solo-team alone, y'all can handle it, even if without me.

I'm fine with holding my results until requested, my reason for not wanting to was related to concerns of teams, and that's pretty much gone.

Also, if Esteemed The Canadian kitten targets me, and I use a kill or target the Esteemed Kitten, I die.

I'm not saying who I am targeting, so a handy-dandy bus can't try to make that a sure thing, in terms of the targeting part.

But as long as there's a chance that I could be targeted by Esteemed The Canadian kitten, or a certainty, of course I'd consider that.

I'm considering it now in reminding you of it.  I can be harmlessly pinned every night if Esteemed The Canadian kitten sits on me - leaving me free to use the abilities I actually can use at night, basic inspect or simplify.

And I don't care which path is used, if a plan is made, if I'm informed of it, but if you weren't considering it, now you're more aware.  If we have an evil busser trying to avoid the inspect, they've got to yank Esteemed The Canadian kitten around like a shield, either protecting themself every night, or trying to guess my target if not themself, and put Esteemed The Canadian Kitten where my target is going to be - if that can even work.  I know I can be target of a bus, and myself swapped out.  But if I'm going for a target, not sure that I even have to worry about Esteemed The Canadian Kitten being switched in.

But a busser anti-town might think that's possible, and try it.

I hadn't even considered any concern about discouraging myself being tracked by Lenglon or anyone else.  I have no concerns about that, my worry was 'wow the sea of votes, we're gonna drown help how to fight that?'.

Any other requests besides, "Report after Lenglon" for D6, should we be lucky enough to have a D6?  I caught your request for verify, and requests about how I talk.  Any others?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: January 02, 2024, 01:58:42 pm »

You could also break the post restriction allowing Esteemed The Canadian kitten to pin someone else.

Another two breaks of the restriction in the post above, probably not enough to break a good faith effort though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: January 02, 2024, 01:59:36 pm »

None that I can think of. I think you should inspect either Lenglon (groupchat cop/tracker who has never been inspected or performed a confirmable action other than N3's mess), ToonyMan (because either you, him, or TCk killed last night), or Jim or I (to clear both of us at once), but that's up to you, and inspecting whoever you find most suspicious is reasonable.

You could also break the post restriction allowing Esteemed The Canadian kitten to pin someone else.

Another two breaks of the restriction in the post above, probably not enough to break a good faith effort though.
I agree but I'm not going to keep asking when they clearly aren't willing to do it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: January 02, 2024, 02:05:19 pm »

I genuinely did not kill webadict, nor did I have the capability to do so, so, if you really believe the words of dead scum (somehow), it would pay to consider who did.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: January 02, 2024, 02:07:29 pm »

That’s a fair point actually. If Esteemed The Candian kitten was redirected to Esteemed Maximum Spin, the latter didn’t perform the kill.

Since you’re beee though, Esteemed Maximum Spin, perhaps you could tell us why you targeted Esteemed Jim Groovester when I said I’d target him for kill immunity, particularly when you said you didn’t want it?

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 207