Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80242 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2505 on: January 01, 2024, 12:13:23 pm »

EP: the reason is because you legitimately have been hunting down mafia. The biggest threat to a scumteam is another scumteam, and you know this well. I think you are pirate, not mafia. Frankly, you don't want your bombs to go off until it's your endgame since they'd give away your nature. I think I have until D7-8 before you will trigger it.

Imp: stop suspecting dorf, if they were scum they'd already have won via gaining majority. Town hasn't lost yet therefore they're town.

Also, you are weirdly associating skill with kill power. That's not how this works. better mafia players are better at hiding their kills, not faster at killing. Stop clearing all vets simply because kills are coming slowly.

As for your request for a refactored list, sure, I'd just add Toony's proposed changes- move the necromancer to EP, move the merger to max, mark you and CM as town.

But since the only kill or protect you could have is a factionkill, and you're preserving your kill/protect capability, you're probably scum.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: January 01, 2024, 12:21:32 pm »

I feel like I should be a little hurt to be accused of being a serial killer who hasn't managed to kill anyone. What's your thought process here? Do you think I attempted to kill anyone? Would it help if I clearly and intentionally break my posting restriction - because unlike some people, I am willing to do that?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: January 01, 2024, 12:26:45 pm »

Imp: stop suspecting dorf, if they were scum they'd already have won via gaining majority. Town hasn't lost yet therefore they're town.

What if it's not that simple for them?

If we have even one action-capable player not on their team (they may not have a team) that has a night kill, they still have to deal with and avoid being a night kill target, or a target for other ways to remove them.  Even if they can lock us in days of scant few seconds, there's still the night game and that's a very obv-anti-town thing to do.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: January 01, 2024, 12:28:03 pm »

Town hasn't lost yet therefore they're town.

Though that's a decent part of my low suspicion of several not-yet-confirmed-town.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: January 01, 2024, 12:28:29 pm »

Esteemed Imp, read Esteemed Secretdorf’s day three, they’re not mafia. We have to have another team for them to be scum.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: January 01, 2024, 12:30:34 pm »

Esteemed Imp, read Esteemed Secretdorf’s day three, they’re not mafia. We have to have another team for them to be scum.

We seem to circle this again.  I have read it.  Can you help me see what you see?

And/or, where else is the anti-town and how do we find them.  I'm still trying to figure that one out, as I'm sure most of us are.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: January 01, 2024, 12:35:33 pm »

Secretdorf:
Secretdorf: No, seriously, why did you do that?
It was easier to say vengekill than to go on babbling about some weird power. Anyway, they're effectively the same thing.
No they aren't. One triggers automatically when you're lynched and can be gotten around by not lynching you if we think you're scum; the other is something you can do at will. Pretty big difference! I can buy that a town player would simplify like this but I still find it suspicious.

I don't have a vengekill. Only the powers that I claimed.

Maybe Jim's lying or his action failed or something. I'll ask Fallacy if this is correct.

Also, Imp, please violate the restriction. Otherwise, I also refuse to use my ability.
Imp has steadfastly refused to break the restriction and there's no reason to think that will change. This reads like scum!you trying to get out of using the claimed daykill.

(Side note: I can confirm that Jim Groovester's extra vote comes from his night action, which he directed at you. I don't think anyone else is missing a vote, so he shouldn't have been redirected...?)
Break the restriction or I'm taking you with me. Man, I'm really enjoying this.
I think Imp is somewhere between a questionable target and the worst possible one, but this is much better since it implies you will still actually use the ability.

Good.  It's clearly your dream, and I do hope you enjoy it.  I was given an excellent dream here, and it sure got messed with.  Glad you're having fun.

You still don't look town to me at all.  Sadistic, wanting deaths, that's all I see.
Kidding. It's not pleasant being called all that.

If you think I'm bluffing about the one-shot, you can lynch me to be sure. I don't see a reason for what you're doing except that you're mafia.
What did you mean by this?

Here's my problem: the more you talk about using your ability and then fail to use it, the more it feels like you're just bullshitting about it for towncred. If you want to demonstrate you're not doing that, you should either (a) use your ability or (b) stop proposing using your ability and then not doing it. If you think I'm scum then you might not want my advice, but I think MaximumSpin is a good target if you don't buy his auto-redirect or don't think it's active in the day (probable) and ToonyMan is a good target if you do. But the important thing is that you stop waffling about it—I would feel much better about you if you literally just said "Nah, I'm not going to use the kill" instead of fading like you did yesterday.

Lenglon:
Well Imp, you blew it. Here's the real reason. You know, I haven't posted a readslist this entire game thus far. I should change that shouldn't I?

Jim and EP are pirate, not mafia, but not masons and still need to die. Jim's the redirector of the pair.  There's no way there's two different mason-miller teams, we don't get to have both Jack's and Jim and EP's as real. They were slow to explain things yesterday to avoid self-incriminating, and redirected CK to Max as a proxy to check Max without putting themselves at risk of detection, having suspected that Max might be SK but not having confirmation.
Toony, Hector, CK, and dorf are town, and are honest in their claims.
Max is SK (the necromancer) and got caught up having fun performing a deduction spiral and forgot what their own wincon is.
Crystal is pirate with Jim and EP, and probably really annoyed at being kept out of the game by Max.
Imp is last maf, the merger, having stayed off the BHK wagon, stayed off the Egan wagon, and stayed off the sofanthiel wagon.
They are refusing to break the post restriction in order to retain their factionkill.

Oh, and yesterday I was redirected to someone Jim/EP wanted inspected for them because they're high-risk, namely secretdorf. secret was merged with BHK by Imp for similar reasons.

I propose that if Imp breaks the post restriction then we do NOT lynch them today, and instead lynch either Max, Jim, or EP. I would most like to see one of the two claimed masons flip to confirm the alignment of the other.

dorf: DO NOT make any suicide plays, we don't have enough town votes to retain majority if you are dead. You are our counter to Jim, and Jim's vote-stealing will enable him to win on the spot if you kill yourself.
This readlist is half nonsense, like a lot of what you've put out today, and I'm not just saying that because you have me as scum. I'd be pushing for your lynch today if it wasn't for the fact that you couldn't have been last night's killer.

EP: the reason is because you legitimately have been hunting down mafia. The biggest threat to a scumteam is another scumteam, and you know this well. I think you are pirate, not mafia. Frankly, you don't want your bombs to go off until it's your endgame since they'd give away your nature. I think I have until D7-8 before you will trigger it.
You will notice I said "pirate" and not "mafia" in the post you're replying to. Besides that, I can see how bombing and lynching BHK might make you think I'm a pirate, but I'm not. Also, I find it strange that you would put me on a team with CM when I focused on questioning her D2, the last day she wasn't banished, and said she should be lynched if she ever comes back.

I still don't want to talk about the trigger.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: January 01, 2024, 12:37:26 pm »

They voted for Esteemed sofanthiel and Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, and demanded you wipe their role.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: January 01, 2024, 12:39:57 pm »

I do believe this is the accurate current votecount:

Secretdorf (2):  hector13, Imp,
Imp (1): Lenglon,
Lenglon (1): Elephant Parade,
Maximum Spin (1): The Canadian kitten,
Elephant Parade (0):
hector13 (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

8 votes to hammer.  (14 votes in play).

Not Voting (9): Jim Groovester, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, ToonyMan,

Day 5 will end at 6 PM Central time, Tuesday January 2nd of 2024.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: January 01, 2024, 12:45:01 pm »

Unvote

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: January 01, 2024, 12:46:28 pm »

Imp, can you give a rational explanation for why you won't cast off the restriction? If you do not, we have no choice but to assume that you do not want to forfeit the mafiakill.

Also, you have suspected me so deeply the entire game. Why did you inspect notquitethere and Hector13 but not your prime suspect?

Why did you not inspect Elephant Parade or Jim Groovester when they had claimed miller-masons and asked you to confirm them?

[/hr]
If Jim and EP are mafia, we stand to lose more if we don't lynch one of them today. If they are not, then that means there are not as many anti-town remaining as has been suggested by Lenglon, and we can safely lynch the scummiest of the remaining players tomorrow: Me/Imp/Max/Crystal.

I think at least one of the suspected players is town. Otherwise, that sounds too many anti-town.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: January 01, 2024, 12:51:31 pm »

Imp, can you give a rational explanation for why you won't cast off the restriction? If you do not, we have no choice but to assume that you do not want to forfeit the mafiakill.

Also, you have suspected me so deeply the entire game. Why did you inspect notquitethere and Hector13 but not your prime suspect?

Why did you not inspect Elephant Parade or Jim Groovester when they had claimed miller-masons and asked you to confirm them?

Already answered all of that, though I can add I did urge for you to be vig killed last night.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: January 01, 2024, 12:54:42 pm »

Already answered all of that, though I can add I did urge for you to be vig killed last night.

You were also told to wipe their role if it bothered you so much, particularly given Esteemed Secretdorf’s nonchalance in the face of losing it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: January 01, 2024, 01:04:58 pm »

They voted for Esteemed sofanthiel and Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, and demanded you wipe their role.
Sofanthiel's lynch was a foregone conclusion and unless I'm missing something, they never once voted BHK, despite being the other wagon and saying they were "likely scum".

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: January 01, 2024, 01:06:28 pm »

Secretdorf:
If you think I'm bluffing about the one-shot, you can lynch me to be sure. I don't see a reason for what you're doing except that you're mafia.
What did you mean by this?

Here's my problem: the more you talk about using your ability and then fail to use it, the more it feels like you're just bullshitting about it for towncred. If you want to demonstrate you're not doing that, you should either (a) use your ability or (b) stop proposing using your ability and then not doing it. If you think I'm scum then you might not want my advice, but I think MaximumSpin is a good target if you don't buy his auto-redirect or don't think it's active in the day (probable) and ToonyMan is a good target if you do. But the important thing is that you stop waffling about it—I would feel much better about you if you literally just said "Nah, I'm not going to use the kill" instead of fading like you did yesterday.
Once I've chosen my target, they die even if I am executed. Therefore, I offered Imp that if they doubt the existence of my ability, I may be lynched as well just to be sure I'm not just bluffing to live another day.

I'm not going to use the kill today, not while things stand as they do. I did intend to use it when I claimed so before, but at that time, I was under the impression that there are only two or three anti-town remaining, and that we've nearly won the game. Now, I don't want to leave it to chance.

Elephant Parade, do you think Imp's town and being unreasonable, or that they're mafia and their only shot at winning is via their mafiakill?

I also wonder what deadchat has to say about all this.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 207