Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79437 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2490 on: January 01, 2024, 05:40:11 am »

And here I thought I was going to die on D1 after Jim shoots me because my stubborn ass thought Jack was a Pirate.

Instead I get to watch Imp die on D5 because they won't fucking break a trivial post-restriction.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: January 01, 2024, 05:47:38 am »

I don't even think he can.  If he can, then he can kill any of us.  If he thinks I'm mafia, then he's clueless.

The reason I'm claiming so much is so that the scum focus on me.  They HAVE to deal with me, and I could very well be lying.  I am acting as a shield.  Maybe they kill me.  Maybe they block me.  They still waste their resources on me, and not on anyone else.

That worthy is no more valuable than me, now.  Not based on what I can actually see in my changed role.

If I eat a death shot for the rest of you, great.  That's what I'm here for.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: January 01, 2024, 05:55:49 am »

Imp: last chance, either break your post restriction or at the least explain why you think I'm voting you.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: January 01, 2024, 06:03:47 am »

Imp: last chance, either break your post restriction or at the least explain why you think I'm voting you.

Well, I don't think you're scum.  I claim a mechanical reason why I am doing this, backed up by my own personal choice.

I see a huge amount of resistance, aggression, and outright cruelty from several, including you.

I think it's an issue of control, your own desire, your own fear, and the advantage you think it will or may bring you, or will or may remove from me.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: January 01, 2024, 06:04:34 am »

Well Imp, you blew it. Here's the real reason. You know, I haven't posted a readslist this entire game thus far. I should change that shouldn't I?

Jim and EP are pirate, not mafia, but not masons and still need to die. Jim's the redirector of the pair.  There's no way there's two different mason-miller teams, we don't get to have both Jack's and Jim and EP's as real. They were slow to explain things yesterday to avoid self-incriminating, and redirected CK to Max as a proxy to check Max without putting themselves at risk of detection, having suspected that Max might be SK but not having confirmation.
Toony, Hector, CK, and dorf are town, and are honest in their claims.
Max is SK (the necromancer) and got caught up having fun performing a deduction spiral and forgot what their own wincon is.
Crystal is pirate with Jim and EP, and probably really annoyed at being kept out of the game by Max.
Imp is last maf, the merger, having stayed off the BHK wagon, stayed off the Egan wagon, and stayed off the sofanthiel wagon.
They are refusing to break the post restriction in order to retain their factionkill.

Oh, and yesterday I was redirected to someone Jim/EP wanted inspected for them because they're high-risk, namely secretdorf. secret was merged with BHK by Imp for similar reasons.

I propose that if Imp breaks the post restriction then we do NOT lynch them today, and instead lynch either Max, Jim, or EP. I would most like to see one of the two claimed masons flip to confirm the alignment of the other.

dorf: DO NOT make any suicide plays, we don't have enough town votes to retain majority if you are dead. You are our counter to Jim, and Jim's vote-stealing will enable him to win on the spot if you kill yourself.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: January 01, 2024, 06:09:23 am »

lots of guesses, estimations, and ideas

Yep, you look pretty likely to be town.  You don't know.  Neither do I.  You're playing the best you can, just like me and quite a few other town folks.  Good luck to us all, I really want town to win.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: January 01, 2024, 06:39:44 am »

@Lenglon:
1. Eight anti-town players in an 18 player game is too many.
2. Why would BlackHeart roleblock Imp on N1 if they're both Mafia?
3. I could believe Jim and Elephant are scum. I really don't like how cagey Jim was being on D4 when it was being discussed who was in a group chat between BlackHeart and Jim. He seemed very reluctant to clear things up.
4. Max being SK feels correct, but not the Merger? A necromancer?

I think if Imp and Crystal were town in that list I could believe that setup: 3 mafia, 2 pirates, 1 SK. That's 6 anti-town instead which is believable.

I also agree that it's likely one scum inside Jim/Secretdorf.

Nice post either way.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: January 01, 2024, 06:52:32 am »

Let me state Imp that today will be the tipping point in this game. If you're town and decide to go the way of the martyr then I don't think we have a good chance of winning. Maybe I brought this upon myself. I can tell you're trying Imp, but you need to be trying for all of us. Think about this Imp: You've spent more days in this game as Webadict's role than your original role. What are you at this point? Does it matter? All that matters is that you're town and will PROVE to the scum that you won't be killing anyone tonight. I think Lenglon's list is pretty solid. Prove you are Town for us!!

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: January 01, 2024, 07:36:18 am »

lol

I am surprised about Jim and EP. But when that I actually think about it, there is a moderate probability it's true. The bomber EP is a greater threat probably. But why were they asking Imp to inspect them?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: January 01, 2024, 11:09:04 am »

Ironically, there seems to be a preface to that new bible that Esteemed Maximum Spin offered me.  Bolding mine:

1) Yes, I've always, since the beginning of my play here, refused to answer questions based on my own personal whims. I even got lynched for it a couple times! But eventually everyone was forced to accept it and, indeed, people have come to regard me as a strong player... and over time, the obsession with asking questions has faded away as players came to realize that it doesn't really work. You have to accept that the world has moved on from that playstyle, and rightly so.

Imp, dropping the honorific intentionally as I'm speaking frankly outside the confines of this mafia game, sidebar.

Can I offer you a new mafia bible? You can throw out that old ragged Jimnosis edition. Nobody asks questions anymore. Instead, here's my advice to you about how to play mafia, and what you're missing:

Every single player in this game is an individual human being. You have to engage with and understand each player as a separate and particular human being with his own independent nature. There are no universal rules for the right thing to do at any moment, because everything depends on with whom and to whom you are doing it.
You must know your audience, and tune yourself to that audience.
If your actions are not making the other players react in the way that furthers your win condition, you are doing wrong, not they. Everything you say should be thought through in relation to each other player. If you find yourself repeating something in exasperation because nobody seems to get it, for example, and you can't see where everyone else is coming from - that means you're saying the wrong thing. Mafia is a social game where the individual human natures of the players is everything, and you need to understand how your actions will play into that network. You don't seem to see other people very well — your words suggest you're always thinking about what you would do and what a given thing would mean to or from you. To play mafia, you have to learn the people with whom you're playing, because you'll get nowhere locked inside your own head.
To quote your old quote you were focusing on before, "aggressively questioning everything you find odd or scummy" is a recipe for failure because other people think differently from you. The things that seem important to you are not necessarily important to anyone else, or at all, and often you will just need to shut up about them because it doesn't direct other people toward fulfilling your win condition.

My sermon to you folks, not that I've decided to accept this bible in full:

When I die, I flip town.  That now cannot change, unlike how I started this game.  Townies, plan for my townflip and have your alternate plan of what to do next.

No one player is vital for a town win.  We're probably not that bad off, 9 left alive and in play, 10 left alive, and 3 dead scum to 5 dead town, that's wonderful.

Esteemed notquitethere's mislynch was probably prevented by my inspect D4.  At least that one cost additional hostile resources for all we have since lost them.  Hostile redirect, actual hostile kill - no idea.  Esteemed hector13's mislynch was probably prevented by my inspect D5.

Esteemed Elephant Parade and Esteemed Jim Groovester are a potent team.  If they were both anti-town of any flavor, I think we'd have a far more deadly town game.  I do think Esteemed Jim Groovester is fronting a free action vote steal atop a second action, or something else that works out to 'that one's doing more each night than just trying to steal a vote'.  However, are they doing it town?  As I look at the outcomes, I think so, yeah.

Especially this.
siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

So, anyways, yes, if Lenglon actually hit me with the group chat inspect, then I would be responsible for that result, but BHK's claim is kind of weird and I don't know how confident I am in BHK/Jim as targets of Lenglon's action because everything has been kind of hard to follow.

But plenty of other things too, all small and subtle.

Esteemed Maximum Spin is openly showing two things they can do at once, most nights.  Again, if that one was anti-town (and not cult with a way to get a fewer-death win, and I now think there is no cult this game) I expect far more deaths.  Though third party is by no means ruled out, I lean towards town here too.

Esteemed Lenglon seems believably town to me, single night action, fairly straightforward.

Esteemed ToonyMan has a a very 'stir the pot' playstyle and mindset, which might not stir all games' pots but sure did this one.  Probably town here too.

Esteemed The Canadian kitten seems obv-town to me, and I'm going to be impressed if they're anti-town.  Hope you use that 'whoever targets me, or tries to kill dies' issue to go after whoever you think is killing, though remember someone could get bussed to your target, I bet you're already considering that.  Good, the badguys gotta consider that too, makes them eat more resources.

Esteemed CrystalizedMire seems likely scum to me.  That hasn't changed from the start of game.

Esteemed Secretdorf seems likely anti-town to me.  That hasn't changed from the start of game.

As of right before rollflip, of the dead scum I thought:

Esteemed Egan_BW was most likely pirate-hunter.
Esteemed BlackHeartKabal was most likely survivor-hunter.
Esteemed sofanthiel was most likely anti-town-from-the-worst-place-with-a-plan-to-use-their-elimination-to-destroy-town.

As of right before roleflip, of the dead town, I thought:

Esteemed TricMagic was terrifying, NAI and wow and what.
Esteemed EuchreJack was confirmed not-scum, and almost certainly town.
Esteemed Webadict was almost certainly town.
Esteemed notquitethere was town.

To sum up,
Not my words, not my phrasing, but calmly and kindly my stance.

I even got lynched for it a couple times! But eventually everyone was forced to accept it

If I missed 150 posts of people egging Imp on into breaking an imaginary post restriction,

my role is so valuable

This has never been true in a BYOR.

I do not intend to recognize or respond to further challenge to my decision to uphold my possible link to my deadnamed role.

Use what comes well, townies.  I think you can, you've done awesome this game, all of us have.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: January 01, 2024, 11:31:25 am »

Well Imp, you blew it. Here's the real reason. You know, I haven't posted a readslist this entire game thus far. I should change that shouldn't I?

Jim and EP are pirate, not mafia, but not masons and still need to die. Jim's the redirector of the pair.  There's no way there's two different mason-miller teams, we don't get to have both Jack's and Jim and EP's as real. They were slow to explain things yesterday to avoid self-incriminating, and redirected CK to Max as a proxy to check Max without putting themselves at risk of detection, having suspected that Max might be SK but not having confirmation.
Toony, Hector, CK, and dorf are town, and are honest in their claims.
Max is SK (the necromancer) and got caught up having fun performing a deduction spiral and forgot what their own wincon is.
Crystal is pirate with Jim and EP, and probably really annoyed at being kept out of the game by Max.
Imp is last maf, the merger, having stayed off the BHK wagon, stayed off the Egan wagon, and stayed off the sofanthiel wagon.
They are refusing to break the post restriction in order to retain their factionkill.

Oh, and yesterday I was redirected to someone Jim/EP wanted inspected for them because they're high-risk, namely secretdorf. secret was merged with BHK by Imp for similar reasons.

I propose that if Imp breaks the post restriction then we do NOT lynch them today, and instead lynch either Max, Jim, or EP. I would most like to see one of the two claimed masons flip to confirm the alignment of the other.

dorf: DO NOT make any suicide plays, we don't have enough town votes to retain majority if you are dead. You are our counter to Jim, and Jim's vote-stealing will enable him to win on the spot if you kill yourself.

Esteemed Lenglon, presuming you're wrong about my being a merger (I am not), can you refactor this for who else you think the merger would be?
Would you be willing to refactor this as you would if you could come back from the future, having seen my roleflip as town - no other new facts, since I can't predict the future other than that, and redesign it.  What does this look like then, if I am confirmed town so that must be used for my spot?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: January 01, 2024, 11:44:32 am »

Catching up, but if I was a Pirate, why would I exclusively roleblock-bomb players I find suspicious and then try to get them lynched? Doesn't seem very efficient. None of my bombs have gone off and you and CM are the only living players with one.

Imp, please inspect us tonight for real.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: January 01, 2024, 11:52:21 am »

Catching up, but if I was a Pirate, why would I exclusively roleblock-bomb players I find suspicious and then try to get them lynched? Doesn't seem very efficient. None of my bombs have gone off and you and CM are the only living players with one.

Imp, please inspect us tonight for real.

Which has more value, my confirming you guys, or my inspecting (one of?) the actual anti-town?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: January 01, 2024, 11:53:01 am »

Depends on how likely you think we are to get mislynched tomorrow, I guess.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: January 01, 2024, 11:54:36 am »

Depends on how likely you think we are to get mislynched tomorrow, I guess.

*nods deeply*  Indeed, and that's how I've been picking my targets N3 and N4.  A mix of probably scum + likely mislynch.

I read you guys as 'at risk'.  We all are.

I absolutely hear your request.  I absolutely consider it.  I still have more day to evaluate too.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 207