Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80251 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2415 on: December 31, 2023, 11:04:42 pm »

SK!MS could be trying to build towncred while causing as much chaos as possible with his merge ability. If so, he's been doing a pretty good job of that so far, between the extra kill N1, the extra banish N2, and... OK, not N3. N3 did not turn out in SK!MS's favor.

If the merge is part of a protect and/or kill, and he claimed using protects each night, then it may be true that it was impossible for a merge to happen N3.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: December 31, 2023, 11:05:07 pm »

SK!MS could be trying to build towncred while causing as much chaos as possible with his merge ability. If so, he's been doing a pretty good job of that so far, between the extra kill N1, the extra banish N2, and... OK, not N3. N3 did not turn out in SK!MS's favor.
Thanks to Hector.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: December 31, 2023, 11:05:14 pm »

However, that's NAI, not unique to SK-Esteemed Maximum Spin.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: December 31, 2023, 11:06:04 pm »

MaximiumSpin

Max possibly has the merging ability and the flavour cop together
I need more examples to back it up, but it would explain how I inspected Hector as SK and they knew what flavour I have

Highly suggest don't hammer at all, all these revelations are making my head hurt

I'll try to recompile all statements from town players (Web, EJ if they could answer some questions, NQT when they are online)
later since we have plenty of time.

It doesn’t explain how you only got one result though, when the previous nights the merged players all appeared to have the same effects on them (2 kills N1, 2 banishments N2, 2 groupchat inspect results N3) so I probably wasn’t merged with the SK.

I was redirected to Esteemed Maximum Spin from Esteemed Jim Groovester, pretty sure, so there’s a  redirector in the game too, that redirected Esteemed The Canadian kitten to the SK, but that would mean there was a kill and a redirect from hostile parties, and if the redirect was from the mafia they got really lucky, or they already knew who the SK was, assuming Esteemed The Canadian kitten is speaking true.

PPE:
Thanks to Hector.
Thanks to whoever redirected me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: December 31, 2023, 11:06:18 pm »

I'm okay voting Secretdorf over Max today. I want to hear from Secretdorf as well.
I'm leaning more toward MS because SK!MS is a possibly untargetable merger and mafia!SD is just a guy with a bunch of votes.

Hmm, Secretdorf being mafia would explain why they had seemingly no interest in hammering BHK.
They hammered Sofanthiel but that was also right before day end. I feel pretty confident they would have hammered BlackHeart the same way if they were on.
Maybe yeah.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: December 31, 2023, 11:09:12 pm »

Do we believe a merge might leave an invisible mark, merge everyone still alive at least once then kill em all?

Otherwise I'm not thinking I see any possible evidence of an SK here.

Also, how's that flavor read go?

It's important to remember, I think, that Esteemed The Canadian kitten told us all that he can now kill those who target him.

We don't know who Esteemed Maximum Spin targeted, or how he gets flavor (it could be related not to who he targets, but who targets his target, or who his target targets).

However, we have decent evidence that whoever Esteemed The Canadian kitten targetted, that worthy didn't get targetted back by, because if they had, then Esteemed The Canadian kitten would have received an option to kill them, or would auto-kill them, right?

Would you please clarify, The Canadian kitten?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: December 31, 2023, 11:12:45 pm »

I'm okay voting Secretdorf over Max today. I want to hear from Secretdorf as well.
I'm leaning more toward MS because SK!MS is a possibly untargetable merger and mafia!SD is just a guy with a bunch of votes.
I can kill Secretdorf tonight if we vote Max today.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: December 31, 2023, 11:13:53 pm »

I can kill Secretdorf tonight if we vote Max today.
Sounds good to me.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: December 31, 2023, 11:15:29 pm »

Do we believe a merge might leave an invisible mark, merge everyone still alive at least once then kill em all?

Otherwise I'm not thinking I see any possible evidence of an SK here.

Also, how's that flavor read go?

It's important to remember, I think, that Esteemed The Canadian kitten told us all that he can now kill those who target him.

We don't know who Esteemed Maximum Spin targeted, or how he gets flavor (it could be related not to who he targets, but who targets his target, or who his target targets).

However, we have decent evidence that whoever Esteemed The Canadian kitten targetted, that worthy didn't get targetted back by, because if they had, then Esteemed The Canadian kitten would have received an option to kill them, or would auto-kill them, right?

Would you please clarify, The Canadian kitten?

AutoKill

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: December 31, 2023, 11:17:35 pm »

Now that I think about it, couldn't Secretdorf use the daykill ability they talked about yesterday? Although instead of killing BlackHeart here they would be killing Max.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: December 31, 2023, 11:19:46 pm »

Now that I think about it, couldn't Secretdorf use the daykill ability they talked about yesterday? Although instead of killing BlackHeart here they would be killing Max.
I just had a thought related to this, but I'm holding it until I can ask Secretdorf a couple of questions.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: December 31, 2023, 11:20:25 pm »

Right I’m having thoughts and some are pretty bad.

I initially thought Esteemed Imp was using dead players abilities to frame me but that doesn’t work because Esteemed Egan_BW can’t frame people as SK.

Now I am curious how their original role worked, because one of the players who knew a bunch about the different colours of alignments in the game on D1 could just be a different kind of framer, which I think was between Esteemed Imp and Esteemed ToonyMan.

Otherwise Esteemed The Canadian kitten did get redirected to SK, which makes a lot more sense since it doesn’t rely on coincidence.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: December 31, 2023, 11:20:45 pm »

Anyone think Esteemed Elephant Parade could have a way to fox Esteemed Webadict aka my superinspect?

Because we can confirm the two of them by inspecting either Esteemed Elephant Parade or Esteemed Jim Groovester, yet the request is very explicit to please target Esteemed Elephant Parade.

And Esteemed Jim Groovester just seems so scary to risk targeting anyway.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: December 31, 2023, 11:21:49 pm »

I initially thought Esteemed Imp was using dead players abilities to frame me but that doesn’t work because Esteemed Egan_BW can’t frame people as SK.

Can you explain more about how/why I would do that, given I declare you town today?

I'm not trying to shut you down, and I'm not scared of you or your ideas.  You're town.  But what are you seeing?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: December 31, 2023, 11:25:00 pm »

I remember Esteemed Elephant Parade offering themselves up as an inspect target D1 but then declined for some reason after Esteemed webadict claimed some things.

Can you explain more about how/why I would do that, given I declare you town today?

I'm not trying to shut you down, and I'm not scared of you or your ideas.  You're town.  But what are you seeing?

I know, it was a moment of madness.

The idea was that you used a dead players ability to frame me as SK and told your scum partner Esteemed The Candian kitten to inspect me (knowing there are trackers in the game) but then I checked the framing ability from dead scum and it didn’t work like that.

It’s late, is my excuse. It doesn’t explain the kill happening the same night too.

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 207