Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80390 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2430 on: December 31, 2023, 11:29:19 pm »

Anyways

SecretDorf: Please shoot Max if town
Toony: Best to use your kill action since this is kind of the crux of the game here.
Imp: Just erase Dorf's role if, they don't shoot or shoot someone else

I remember Esteemed Elephant Parade offering themselves up as an inspect target D1 but then declined for some reason after Esteemed webadict claimed some things.

Right I’m having thoughts and some are pretty bad.

I initially thought Esteemed Imp was using dead players abilities to frame me but that doesn’t work because Esteemed Egan_BW can’t frame people as SK.

Can you explain more about how/why I would do that, given I declare you town today?

I'm not trying to shut you down, and I'm not scared of you or your ideas.  You're town.  But what are you seeing?

I know, it was a moment of madness.

The idea was that you used a dead players ability to frame me as SK and told your scum partner Esteemed The Candian kitten to inspect me (knowing there are trackers in the game) but then I checked the framing ability from dead scum and it didn’t work like that.

It’s late, is my excuse. It doesn’t explain the kill happening the same night too.
EP inspects as Maf, Web didn't confirm whether it can inspect past the miller thing then so that's why EP declined after thinking Web couldn't.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: December 31, 2023, 11:30:39 pm »

Now I am curious how their original role worked, because one of the players who knew a bunch about the different colours of alignments in the game on D1 could just be a different kind of framer, which I think was between Esteemed Imp and Esteemed ToonyMan.

I don't see either of us framing.

However, for me totally separate abilities there, between 'knew about colors (for me an innate I still have, you'll get to see it when I flip, tells the scumteams existing at start of play to use a kill on me and loot the items from my corpse, but that SK can do that too if they land a kill.  Esteemed BlackHeartKabal looks especially likely to have been designed to claim that prize, if you read his abilities).

Otherwise, the main way my role worked, besides the 'enemy of my killer' stuff, the 'Esteemed Imp goes off' stuff, was I could go steal stuff from someone, as well as use items on them at the same time, my main night skill (I realized N2 I could use just an item, and not go as a thief, that's how I visited Esteemed Toonyman N2), and my best ability of all, was day, I could spin stories from the dream and create items based on the story.  And choose if I wanted them to be weak and safe, or stronger (with no clear limit how strong) and have risk and/or consequences.

I was also told not everything about my role stopped when I died, and I saw an auto item be created end of D2.  I couldn't use it or choose if it got used or not, it used itself.  I wove that story really well, while the possessor of the item lives, that item can't hurt town.  I don't think, if it still exists somehow, it's hurting town.

I am okay with someone non-town having it, very okay.  And hope it isn't invisibly still attached to me, that's a bad next night in town if the town-possessor dies.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: December 31, 2023, 11:31:09 pm »

Anyone think Esteemed Elephant Parade could have a way to fox Esteemed Webadict aka my superinspect?

Because we can confirm the two of them by inspecting either Esteemed Elephant Parade or Esteemed Jim Groovester, yet the request is very explicit to please target Esteemed Elephant Parade.

And Esteemed Jim Groovester just seems so scary to risk targeting anyway.
Well, on Day One when nobody had done anything yet, I couldn't exactly say "please target Jim Groovester, it's worth it I promise" without exposing us as masons, which we weren't doing at the time. Also I think it would be weirder to ask for an inspect on another player without explaining why than to do the same for oneself, though in retrospect, that was also kind of weird. We probably should've just claimed miller-masons D1. Anyway, Jim and I have no anti-super-inspect powers and you can target whoever you want.

I remember Esteemed Elephant Parade offering themselves up as an inspect target D1 but then declined for some reason after Esteemed webadict claimed some things.
I asked him a bunch of questions about what his inspect did and didn't ignore because I wanted to make sure he was millerproof, he was kinda cagey (understandable) and said something about thinking we weren't compatible.

PPE: That's correct.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: December 31, 2023, 11:31:40 pm »

While I can potentially do that, I already know that doing that may not stop/remove their votes, I already asked about that.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: December 31, 2023, 11:33:01 pm »

I walk away for four hours....
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: December 31, 2023, 11:33:10 pm »

While I can potentially do that, I already know that doing that may not stop/remove their votes, I already asked about that.
Good point, Toony can handle shooting Dorf if they don't comply, and you can erase Max's role if you think it's a good idea.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: December 31, 2023, 11:37:03 pm »

It may not remove votes but it would remove any abilities or triggers that come from having a certain number of votes thumbsupemoji

And also get rid of the kill too thumbsupemoji
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: December 31, 2023, 11:37:41 pm »

Web says hi and to stop killing tric

Web suggests that you could have done so sooner, and that they are pretty sure it does remove to votes on Dorf.

I now only exist as a puppet to Web's little spirit.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: December 31, 2023, 11:38:14 pm »

If Secretdorf is scum with a kamikaze kill we're going to see it as soon as he comes back online. I have a strong hunch that those things aren't both true, though.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: December 31, 2023, 11:38:29 pm »

It may not remove votes but it would remove any abilities or triggers that come from having a certain number of votes thumbsupemoji

And also get rid of the kill too thumbsupemoji

Think the elimination could do that?

Why are you thumbs up about them being wiped and not thumbs up about them being eliminated?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: December 31, 2023, 11:39:30 pm »

I now only exist as a puppet to Web's little spirit.

In a different way, feels like me too.  Twinsies yet again with someone in this game, yay.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: December 31, 2023, 11:41:51 pm »

Ughhhhhh I wanted to grill SD about this when he came back online but I guess I'd better pull it out now. Remember this weird shit?
I have a vengekill. If I'm lynched I'm going to use it on you or BHK.

Triggers on death or lynch or kill?
Lynch.

I have a vengekill. If I'm lynched I'm going to use it on you or BHK.

I do regret your stress levels.

I'm curious.  Why Esteemed BlackHeartKabal as your stated alternate target?
I don't trust the roleblock and Death mark to be powers a townie would have. And Lenglon seems town to me. I don't see why BHK would mark Lenglon. Besides I think most other players are town. BHK and Crystallized seem likely scum to me.
I think I should explain my oneshot. It isn't really a vengekill. It's a day ability. I die and a person that I choose is killed at the end of the day.
Why would Secretdorf claim a vengekill, claim it triggers on lynch, then say no, just joshing, it's a manual day ability that works completely differently? If we assume he's scum, it's because he didn't want to reveal how his vengekill worked because it'd encourage people not to lynch him. In other words, I think Secretdorf has a vengekill and we should kill him instead of lynching him.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: December 31, 2023, 11:42:31 pm »

Secretdorf: No, seriously, why did you do that?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: December 31, 2023, 11:52:20 pm »

Web says hi and to stop killing tric

Hi web

sorry

I'll do better I'll day kill him on Day 2 next time

Why are you thumbs up about them being wiped and not thumbs up about them being eliminated?

Well you see if he is town, he can still be town with a lot of votes, whereas if he's hostile third party or scum, him having a lot of votes would be bad but it would remove whatever ominous thing would happen if he reaches the magic number seven, especially if he doesn't comply with killing whoever that people are demanding of him?

But also, chill out because I just got back and haven't read the 150 posts that have accumulated since four hours ago.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: December 31, 2023, 11:56:28 pm »

Sorry Jim bout this mess of posts.

Imp: From Web "Auto Abilities that grant votes will stop granting votes when removed.  Anything else (or Innates) won't, but the way SD described it seems like an Auto or an Innate"

No need to worry about me breaking rules if any, FoU allows quoting from deadchat as long there is no time codes or Mod message in it.

Also too much headache, taking a break until it clears up, or till next year.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 207