Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80496 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #2145 on: December 30, 2023, 04:12:12 pm »

Confirm only possible interpretation of information you possess is Esteemed Lenglon visited Esteemed BlackHeartKabal N3?
There's no other possible interpretation that doesn't involve both A) Esteemed BlackHeartKabal still lying, and B) either Esteemed Lenglon also lying or there actually being multiple merge actions / something other than a merge action being responsible for either Esteemed Lenglon's or my results, I guess.

In the single merge thinking you evaluate, which two are merged?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: December 30, 2023, 04:13:19 pm »

Max, if you and only you ask me to I will directly clarify a few things.
Jim you have a lot of the information here. If you're really in a groupchat you should probably be wary about a BlackHeart elimination. If you're not in a groupchat then...isn't BlackHeart just scum here from your POV?

Thank you for putting effort into this when you feel sick, I really appreciate that and hope you quickly feel better.
Likewise, that's very admirable play .

@Fallacy: Do status effects stack unless stated otherwise?
Yes, status effects can stack.
Then either I'm, again, right, and Lenglon didn't visit me, or my action to mark Lenglon failed (and Lenglon may be 'dead'?) Or another possibility I don't have enough information to piece together.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: December 30, 2023, 04:14:14 pm »

Toonyman is someone worth following imo. And since Knightwing is going to be modkilled...

Unvote

Jim: Please tell us if BHK is scum or not.

BHK: as far as I know I'm not dead.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: December 30, 2023, 04:14:59 pm »

We can reasonably surmise that Lenglon targeted Jim and BlackHeart last night and learned that one is in a groupchat and one is not in a groupchat.

We can deduce thus:

1. Jim is probably Mafia. BlackHeart isn't in a groupchat and probably Town (or third-party?).
2. Jim is Town and had a groupchat with a deceased player (because nobody has come forward to support Jim). BlackHeart is in a groupchat and probably scum.

Scenario 1 is completely possible. Jim being super shady with claiming the groupchat implies they don't feel comfortable talking about it, in other words they got caught red-handed. I also feel like they haven't really been helping us out here. Where are the big wall of text posts we usually get at like 3am during the game? I feel like I saw one on Day 1 and that's it.

Scenario 2 doesn't really make sense because Jim hasn't been pushing for BlackHeart hard even though he'd know BlackHeart was most likely in a groupchat and hasn't admitted to that fact at all.

I think there's a realistic chance Jim is scum here.

I'm Jim Groovester's masonbuddy, which is why I went HEY, SUPER INSPECT ME earlier (and much earlier)—I could clear an additional slot. I didn't claim this until now because (a) people were iffy on me and I wasn't sure it'd help and (b) Jim Groovester didn't (and hasn't) asked me to. Also, I have a super miller auto that makes myself and anyone who shares a groupchat with me inspect as Mafia, which is why I warned EJ that he might not want me in his crew only to reverse course after he revealed he was also a multi-miller. Oh, I also changed my mind about joining his crew when he brought JG in, since having both of us would be redundant.

I have some other evidence if you want more.

BHK: So you have one action that applies Mark and a roleblock and one that just applies Mark?
Yes.
Then I find your claim slightly less believable than before. My roleblock/bomb, a clear parallel to your mark/roleblock, is one action with an optional rider—I roleblock someone and can choose to attach a bomb to them. Yours could work differently but I don't see why it would unless there's something else you aren't saying. Not a huge deal on its own, but another inconsistency for the pile.

Is there anything else you would like to claim?
The roleblock isn't Innate, if that matters.
Interesting. Unfortunately, this makes you look even more like a serial killer, as it would be highly strange for a townie to have an innate prime. Not impossible, but highly strange. You could still be town, but I think you being a serial killer is the easiest answer at this point, followed by "Lenglon didn't target you."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: December 30, 2023, 04:16:15 pm »

Unvote
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: December 30, 2023, 04:17:43 pm »

I guess you could also have been redirected, BHK, but then who has the mark? Crystallizedmire? Scum? Crystallizedmire, who is scum?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: December 30, 2023, 04:18:17 pm »

I guess you could also have been redirected, BHK, but then who has the mark? Crystallizedmire? Scum? Crystallizedmire, who is scum?
That's the fly in the ointment - if I'm not marking someone, I don't know who has the mark.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: December 30, 2023, 04:18:40 pm »

Er, if I'm not marking someone with my visit.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: December 30, 2023, 04:18:57 pm »

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

So, anyways, yes, if Lenglon actually hit me with the group chat inspect, then I would be responsible for that result, but BHK's claim is kind of weird and I don't know how confident I am in BHK/Jim as targets of Lenglon's action because everything has been kind of hard to follow.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: December 30, 2023, 04:19:31 pm »

I would much prefer to lynch Crystalizedmire today than really anybody else but that's not an option unfortunately.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: December 30, 2023, 04:19:59 pm »

Unvote.
Then either I'm, again, right, and Lenglon didn't visit me, or my action to mark Lenglon failed (and Lenglon may be 'dead'?) Or another possibility I don't have enough information to piece together.

That's interesting.

Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist, in this roleflip:

He's been dead a long, long time
Autonomous Cosmonaut (Mafia)
(Innate, Auto) Eternal Mission: Time flickers backwards whenever your timeline would cease. When you are killed, you revive. When your role or abilities change due to external factors, they return to their previous state. When you gain a Status, you lose it. When you gain or lose votes, your votes reset to their previous count. This ability may trigger any number of times in a given phase, but after the phase is over, it goes on cooldown for one Cycle.
(Night) Temporal Guardian [target]: Your target is designated as an asset worth protecting. They gain the benefits of Eternal Mission for this Night. If it triggers for them, it will not go on cooldown.
(Night) Echo Scanning []: Your future self echoes the future back to you. Choose an action category: Investigative, Interference, Lethal, or Esoteric. You learn how many players’ initial action submissions contained actions of that category, this Night. (An action may belong to multiple categories.)
(1-Shot, Night) Event Horizon [target]: You drag your target beyond the beginning of time. They are banished - their presence is removed from the game. If you later die and do not immediately revive, your target is returned to the game.

Before that elimination, if Esteemed sofanthiel had visited a player with a restriction equivalent of what Esteemed BlackHeartKabal claims, that if visited by 'a living player' that one would be effectively roleblocked, would that roleblock occur?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: December 30, 2023, 04:20:42 pm »

I concur with Esteemed Elephant Parade’s analysis of Esteemed BlackHeartKabal. SK at best.

However… we could be wrong, which means having to look elsewhere for scum, assuming Esteemed Lenglon did in fact hit Esteemed Jim Groovester and Esteemed BlackHeartKabal
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: December 30, 2023, 04:23:04 pm »

@Elephant:
Thanks, this helps. It is extremely likely that Lenglon targeted Jim and BlackHeart last night.

So BlackHeart isn't Mafia. This has been established now.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: December 30, 2023, 04:23:17 pm »

Given that we appear to be dealing with either:

a very large and gentle cult (if so, why aren't they striking?  They look big enough if they exist) or

a lot of townies playing well, and a possibly banished scum... do we want to consider no-lynch and deal with further inspects and such?

Except I think the anti-town league(s) probably have to be at least 4 folks, and more likely 5-6 could be more.  So I'm not sure that's a great idea.

Also my uncolored unvote was uncertainty about what was happening with the votes, and I forgot to edit it out.  I haven't unvoted yet.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: December 30, 2023, 04:23:30 pm »

That's the fly in the ointment - if I'm not marking someone, I don't know who has the mark.
It's extremely implausible that someone acted on you to redirect you (it should have blocked you, and it would be a pointless action because the redirector would know that), so unless Lenglon was bussed (why? with who?) or some kind of indirect redirect happened, your mark did hit Lenglon. And that implies that either Lenglon didn't inspect you or Lenglon is scum and only claimed one mark for some reason.

I concur with Esteemed Elephant Parade’s analysis of Esteemed BlackHeartKabal. SK at best.

However… we could be wrong, which means having to look elsewhere for scum, assuming Esteemed Lenglon did in fact hit Esteemed Jim Groovester and Esteemed BlackHeartKabal
This is true. My top suspects are KW, CM, and you.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 207