Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80299 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #2115 on: December 30, 2023, 03:32:17 pm »

I find it entirely plausible that BHK isn't in a groupchat and is therefore not groupscum, but she still needs to explain the inconsistency between her role claim and her N3 claim.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: December 30, 2023, 03:37:09 pm »

I admit I think it COULD BE Esteemed Jim and I'm a little alarmed about not having a clear answer, but I guess this is what feels best right now. Please don't blame me too much if I'm wrong.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: December 30, 2023, 03:37:20 pm »

Wait a second. This doesn't make any sense. BHK, you've claimed to be auto-roleblocked by anyone living visiting you (with a possible flavor exception?). If Lenglon really visited you, you shouldn't have been able to action her. Even if her visit somehow didn't roleblock you, she should have gotten two stacks of Marked by Death: one from visiting you and one from your mark action. (I say this because FoU says my bomb status stacks despite additional stacks having no practical effect. It's possible Marked by Death works differently, but I doubt it.) So either Lenglon didn't roleblock you and Marked by Death doesn't stack, or we've made a mistake somewhere.
What are you talking about? I wasn't visited, and I marked her. I made this clear. Likewise, what am I getting out of not roleblocking if I have the option?

Look at that wagon off of one explicitly erroneous assumption, good lord.

I find it entirely plausible that BHK isn't in a groupchat and is therefore not groupscum, but she still needs to explain the inconsistency between her role claim and her N3 claim.
What inconsistency? I wasn't visited, I marked Lenglon. And regarding the mark stacking, nothing indicates that it would stack, and I don't know if statuses inherently stack or if it's only if explicitly stated.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: December 30, 2023, 03:40:41 pm »

I do find it odd how Jim's actions have been negated the past nights, which excuses them is they, say, did a mafia-action instead. Do we have any mechanical confirmation of Jim's alignment or night actions or are we trying to read a supervet entirely on day-play?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: December 30, 2023, 03:41:04 pm »

There's no question of it in my mind. Esteemed BHK was one of Esteemed Lenglon's targets. I admit I am using the dreaded skill of inference here, but I have really good reason to think so.

Any other interpretations seem reasonable?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: December 30, 2023, 03:41:49 pm »

I do find it odd how Jim's actions have been negated the past nights, which excuses them is they, say, did a mafia-action instead. Do we have any mechanical confirmation of Jim's alignment or night actions or are we trying to read a supervet entirely on day-play?

Day play from what I see.  Only possible confirmation is we saw him with 3 votes D2.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: December 30, 2023, 03:42:12 pm »

I wasn't visited
Wrong.

None whatsoever (since n1)! It's very exciting and adventuresome.

Any other interpretations seem reasonable?
None that don't involve EBHK lying somehow.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: December 30, 2023, 03:42:18 pm »

Wait a second. This doesn't make any sense. BHK, you've claimed to be auto-roleblocked by anyone living visiting you (with a possible flavor exception?). If Lenglon really visited you, you shouldn't have been able to action her. Even if her visit somehow didn't roleblock you, she should have gotten two stacks of Marked by Death: one from visiting you and one from your mark action. (I say this because FoU says my bomb status stacks despite additional stacks having no practical effect. It's possible Marked by Death works differently, but I doubt it.) So either Lenglon didn't roleblock you and Marked by Death doesn't stack, or we've made a mistake somewhere.
What are you talking about? I wasn't visited, and I marked her. I made this clear. Likewise, what am I getting out of not roleblocking if I have the option?

Look at that wagon off of one explicitly erroneous assumption, good lord.
MaximumSpin claims Lenglon visited you:

There's no question of it in my mind. Esteemed BHK was one of Esteemed Lenglon's targets. I admit I am using the dreaded skill of inference here, but I have really good reason to think so.
Let me be super clear: TEBHK had to have been one of the players TEL hit last night. Whether there was some action going the other way, I don't know, but what I saw only makes sense if that's the case.
@Max:
This is why you were the only one affected by Hector's post restriction? At the very least, Jim and BlackHeart have not bothered to do this.
Right.

Post restriction → TEJG → me
Lengspect → me → TEJG and TEBHK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: December 30, 2023, 03:43:46 pm »

Hold up, I think I missed the BHK-isn't-in-a-groupchat claim.

I think it's likely Crystal is a third mafia member they banished for safety

I think it's also quite possible there's a one-person army type role floating around (SK/second mafia etc.) - which could be Secretdorf or BHK

If there's an active mafia member it may well be Knightwing who we ought remove for sanity.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: December 30, 2023, 03:44:58 pm »

Hold up, I think I missed the BHK-isn't-in-a-groupchat claim.

I think it's likely Crystal is a third mafia member they banished for safety

I think it's also quite possible there's a one-person army type role floating around (SK/second mafia etc.) - which could be Secretdorf or BHK

If there's an active mafia member it may well be Knightwing who we ought remove for sanity.
FoU said that KW will be modkilled if they don't post by the end of the day.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: December 30, 2023, 03:45:04 pm »

Esteemed Maximum Spin:

Confirm only possible interpretation of information you possess is Esteemed Lenglon visited Esteemed BlackHeartKabal N3?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: December 30, 2023, 03:46:08 pm »

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, why would you claim "I am a roleblocker. If I visit someone, I roleblock them and apply Marked by Death" And then later claim you can visit without roleblocking?
Firstly, as to not get nightkilled.

Secondly, as pointed out above, it took me until Lenglon to consider not blocking people if they're suspects I might vengekill anyway.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: December 30, 2023, 03:47:31 pm »

BHK: So you have one action that applies Mark and a roleblock and one that just applies Mark?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: December 30, 2023, 03:48:19 pm »

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, why would you claim "I am a roleblocker. If I visit someone, I roleblock them and apply Marked by Death" And then later claim you can visit without roleblocking?

Secondly, as pointed out above, it took me until Lenglon to consider not blocking people if they're suspects I might vengekill anyway.

Are you interested in discussing with Esteemed Maximum Spin how/why that one is so sure they have evidence that Esteemed Lenglon visited you?

Of note, Esteemed Lenglon states they targeted Esteemed Maximum Spin who has stated to be untargetable.

There is a lot of weird involved in every way.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: December 30, 2023, 03:50:15 pm »

BHK: So you have one action that applies Mark and a roleblock and one that just applies Mark?
Yes.
I wasn't visited
Wrong.
From my perspective, you're wrong, because I would have gotten explicitly told that someone visited and blocked me. Unless, if Lenglon visited me, is Lenglon not considered a living player?

Are you interested in discussing with Esteemed Maximum Spin how/why that one is so sure they have evidence that Esteemed Lenglon visited you?

Of note, Esteemed Lenglon states they targeted Esteemed Maximum Spin who has stated to be untargetable.

There is a lot of weird involved in every way.
I have no idea what's going on with the visits beyond the above stated theory with Lenglon and I.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 207