Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79461 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #2100 on: December 30, 2023, 02:51:22 pm »

It's okay, guys.  I won't be inflicting my presence on you in future mafia games.  Your distress is as unpleasant for me as you claim interaction with me is for you.

Again, this is something better handled out of thread, except for you guys, apparently it can't or shouldn't be.

I'll see how silent I can be for the rest of the game, without failing in my reasons for being here entirely.

Esteemed Knightwing64.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: December 30, 2023, 02:52:42 pm »

Nobody had better be killing Esteemed hector.

Ugh, that looks so stupid since I had to add "Esteemed". Of course I initially forgot and wrote it without, but I remembered before hitting post this time, but it just ruins the natural flow.

Well, it doesn't actually matter in that I've already sailed that ship this turn, but like I said, trying to get into the habit.

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, I guess.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: December 30, 2023, 02:55:28 pm »

These day phases are a little too long, people get worn down and tetchy. It's a sign that you're engaged despite yourself. I think this speaks well of Imp, Hector and Elephant's alignments here.

Like I said before, I'm happy with BlackHeartKabal

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: December 30, 2023, 02:56:00 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> BlackHeartKabal  --4-- Elephant Parade*, hector13*, Maximum Spin*, notquitethere*,
Knightwing64        --3-- Lenglon*, Jim Groovester*, Imp*,
Secretdorf          --1-- BlackHeartKabal*,
Elephant Parade     --0--
hector13            --0--
Imp                 --0--
Jim Groovester      --0--
Lenglon             --0--
Maximum Spin        --0--
notquitethere       --0--
The Canadian kitten --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --7-- Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan,

8 to Hammer. Day ends on December 30, 2023 at 18:00 Central Standard Time (4 hours and 3 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: December 30, 2023, 02:57:14 pm »

It's okay, guys.  I won't be inflicting my presence on you in future mafia games.  Your distress is as unpleasant for me as you claim interaction with me is for you.

Again, this is something better handled out of thread, except for you guys, apparently it can't or shouldn't be.

I'll see how silent I can be for the rest of the game, without failing in my reasons for being here entirely.
I understand your feelings, but sulk isn't the answer here.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: December 30, 2023, 03:01:43 pm »

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: December 30, 2023, 03:03:23 pm »

But the Knightwing64 summoning ritual isn't complete yet.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: December 30, 2023, 03:06:27 pm »

Only god can judge him now, Jim Esteemed Jim Groovester.

My phone is autocorrecting “Esteemed” to “Esteeked” wtf  :'(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: December 30, 2023, 03:10:59 pm »

BlackHeartKabal

Hopefully Knightwing does show and do something useful next day if still alive.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: December 30, 2023, 03:12:07 pm »

I'm sure I don't need to say this, but we're at L-2 and it'd be extremely silly to hammer before BHK comes online.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: December 30, 2023, 03:24:56 pm »

I guess I find BlackHeart the most suspicious between BlackHeart/Knightwing/Secretdorf, however it's almost definitely true that they aren't in a groupchat which means they can't be Mafia.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: December 30, 2023, 03:25:10 pm »

So I'm here now and apparently we're lynching BHK? I can go with that, their claimed non-action seems out-of-place, their logic for who they used it on is strange, and Max (who has gotten mafia lynched) claims to have privileged information that says I visited them instead of them visiting me. I'll leave my vote on knightwing for now because he's also a fine lynch in my eyes, and I want him to post or be modkilled. Also because BHK is at L-2.

I do see an argument to lynch secretdorf out of paranoia, but I think they're probably town so it should be fine. I could also go after Hector but don't have good logic to support that suspicion.

Right this moment I trust Toony, Max, Imp, and for some reason EP. Don't have good logic on that last one but it's how I feel.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: December 30, 2023, 03:25:57 pm »

Re: Knightwing.

He hasn't been online since the 28th, according to his profile. I'd say it's fair that if he hasn't posted by the end of the Day, then I'll modkill him after the execution.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: December 30, 2023, 03:27:29 pm »

Imp, dropping the honorific intentionally as I'm speaking frankly outside the confines of this mafia game, sidebar.

Can I offer you a new mafia bible? You can throw out that old ragged Jimnosis edition. Nobody asks questions anymore. Instead, here's my advice to you about how to play mafia, and what you're missing:

Every single player in this game is an individual human being. You have to engage with and understand each player as a separate and particular human being with his own independent nature. There are no universal rules for the right thing to do at any moment, because everything depends on with whom and to whom you are doing it.
You must know your audience, and tune yourself to that audience.
If your actions are not making the other players react in the way that furthers your win condition, you are doing wrong, not they. Everything you say should be thought through in relation to each other player. If you find yourself repeating something in exasperation because nobody seems to get it, for example, and you can't see where everyone else is coming from - that means you're saying the wrong thing. Mafia is a social game where the individual human natures of the players is everything, and you need to understand how your actions will play into that network. You don't seem to see other people very well — your words suggest you're always thinking about what you would do and what a given thing would mean to or from you. To play mafia, you have to learn the people with whom you're playing, because you'll get nowhere locked inside your own head.
To quote your old quote you were focusing on before, "aggressively questioning everything you find odd or scummy" is a recipe for failure because other people think differently from you. The things that seem important to you are not necessarily important to anyone else, or at all, and often you will just need to shut up about them because it doesn't direct other people toward fulfilling your win condition.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: December 30, 2023, 03:29:07 pm »

I guess I find BlackHeart the most suspicious between BlackHeart/Knightwing/Secretdorf, however it's almost definitely true that they aren't in a groupchat which means they can't be Mafia.
Are we really sure the Esteemed Jim is actually claiming to have a groupchat? I feel like he would definitely ambiguously imply it and then never bother to correct this, even as town. Because I would, and I feel like that's a good indicator.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 207