Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79416 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #2010 on: December 29, 2023, 11:30:57 pm »

What is it about Esteemed Secretdorf that makes some people want to protect that one so much?  I am enjoying this curiosity.
He isn't lurking as hard as BHK or KW, he has confirmable actions on N2 and N3 (i.e., the nights with unclaimed scum actions floating around), and he gives me meh vibes. I'm not a particularly big fan of him, especially with how quiet he's been today, but I'd rather eliminate Knightwing, He Who Does Not Claim.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: December 29, 2023, 11:31:01 pm »

Votecount time.

Quote from: Votebox
BlackHeartKabal (2): Maximum Spin, hector13
Elephant Parade (0):
hector13 (0):
Imp (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Knightwing64 (2): Jim Groovester, Elephant Parade
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
notquitethere (0):
Secretdorf (3): notquitethere, Imp, BlackHeartKabal
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

8 votes to hammer.

Not Voting (8): Lenglon, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan

As always in my games, if the Day ends with a tie in the execution votes, no player is executed.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 11:38:53 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: December 29, 2023, 11:32:30 pm »

How many hours until end of day?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: December 29, 2023, 11:32:47 pm »

Votecount time.

Please, Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist, would you double check this part?

Secretdorf.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (13 / 18) - Night 3 - Fission Mailed
« Reply #2014 on: December 29, 2023, 11:33:31 pm »

Day 4 has started. Day 4 will end December 30th - Saturday, 6 PM Central time, in approximately 48 hours. You may now post.

We have more than 20 hours left, I think!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: December 29, 2023, 11:33:35 pm »

I didn't make a deal to give the Esteemed webadimp my votes, but clearly somebody has to be the one to remind the one who did, so... Esteemed Secretdorf.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: December 29, 2023, 11:37:47 pm »

I didn't make a deal to give the Esteemed webadimp my votes, but clearly somebody has to be the one to remind the one who did, so... Esteemed Secretdorf.

Thank you, hugely.  I understand you will change your vote at any time you choose, for your own reasons, and even if you choose to remind someone is your own choice and never owed or coerced.

I do not support a hammer at this early stage, just saying!

I deeply want us to hear from Esteemed Knightwing64, and I remind us all needlessly, it's holidays time and that one, any of us could have reasons to need more time than expected.

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal was absent nearly 24 hours, then came back and played informatively and usefully.  They may be scum, I don't think so, we can fix that later if needed, but we gained more information, and it wasn't information I expected either.

I think Esteemed Knightwing64 has a very interesting story to tell us, and I'd like them to have a chance to speak.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: December 29, 2023, 11:38:01 pm »

Please, Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist, would you double check this part?

Secretdorf.
Yup, looks like I missed that one.

Looks like... about 19 hours and 22 minutes.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: December 30, 2023, 12:10:08 am »

Spoiler: musings (click to show/hide)

I guess that leaves six claims currently to be made, unless I missed things?

Hey, yeah Esteemed hector13, there are more claims.  To my best understanding, this is what I believe is said about D4 claims:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Link to updated D2 and D3 claims here.

If anyone can correct any errors, please discuss!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: December 30, 2023, 12:38:22 am »

We should be voting Knightwing64 to summon him.

What is it about Esteemed Secretdorf that makes some people want to protect that one so much?  I am enjoying this curiosity.
He isn't lurking as hard as BHK or KW, he has confirmable actions on N2 and N3 (i.e., the nights with unclaimed scum actions floating around), and he gives me meh vibes. I'm not a particularly big fan of him, especially with how quiet he's been today, but I'd rather eliminate Knightwing, He Who Does Not Claim.

I'm probably already forgetting Day 4 claims, but in addition to all this, The Canadian kitten claimed to target Secretdorf and the result was not anti town.

. . .

I think it is definitely possible Esteemed Jim Groovester may be scum, and if so, seems to be working with Esteemed Secretdorf.

But folk not on that scum team, look at the votes.  Let's fix the more dangerous scum first, and if Esteemed Secretdorf, who has not played townly all game, flips town, I am dismayed and regretful, but if they flip scum and we didn't stop them there, disaster.  We don't have much time left, and seriously - they haven't done one thing that feels town to me all game.  It's not just the votes.  It's the votes plus the rest of the behavior.

And if you think Esteemed Jim is scum, Esteemed Secretdorf really, really appears to be that one's partner and how that one is covering their scumly night duties.  But it's Esteemed Secretdorf with the 5 votes.  We gotta lynch that one first, not all scum are the same in a game like this.

'i want to lynch Secretdorf'
'let's lynch scum instead'
*scum flips on Day 2'
'i want to lynch Secretdorf'
'let's lynch scum instead'
*scum flips on Day 3'
'why is Jim protecting Secretdorf from being lynched???????????? is he scum with Secretdorf??????????????????'
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: December 30, 2023, 12:42:37 am »

PPE2: Esteemed Imp, just wipe Esteemed Secretdorf’s role in the night. To be perfectly honest I think the worst he’ll be is a third party that exits the game at a particular number of votes, because otherwise it’s game over when he has a plurality as scum, which would be fucked up.

Esteemed hector13
I asked and was told that this may not remove the votes.

So we may have to do this the hard way, and not just leave it in my 'I really asked for something very different' hands.

Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist is hardly going to tell you how Esteemed Secretdorf’s ability works, is he? It’s not a yes, but it’s also not a no.

We know Esteemed Secretdorf is stealing votes, therefore Esteemed Secretdorf - assuming no shenanigans - is not bussing, or merging, or killing, or banishing, or redirecting, which are all the night actions we have issue with.

In much the same way Esteemed Lenglon’s case against Esteemed The Canadian kitten was bullshit on D1 because it was coloured by concerns over post count, your case against Esteemed Secretdorf is bullshit because all you are worried about is their votes, and that colours everything you see about them.

Quite frankly, I don’t believe that Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist is going to completely fuck up the balance of the game by removing town’s only way of getting scum out of the game by giving scum an ability that allows a single scum player to be able to hammer on their own with double figures of players still in the game. That would be fuckin’ bananas.

It would not surprise me one jot that he’s third party and will achieve his wincon when he gets either a certain number of votes or a majority of votes, because anything else which isn’t him being town would be ridiculous.

What does surprise me is my apparent nonchalance in the face of a third-party having so much influence, evidently I have grown a touch.

The only other claims I have concerns about are Esteemed Jim Groovester’s, Esteemed Knightwing64’s, and Esteemed Crystalizedmire’s.

Probably also Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, but that’s just because I don’t understand why they can mark without other action, unless they have been a double actor this entire time and have been marking and blocking the same person until now.

Another concern is their flavour as a ghost race at driver, and the potential for dead players still acting. Maybe that’s his fault?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: December 30, 2023, 12:43:20 am »

I'm probably already forgetting Day 4 claims, but in addition to all this, The Canadian kitten claimed to target Secretdorf and the result was not anti town.
I know, but this sounds like more fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: December 30, 2023, 12:49:44 am »

Eh.

Esteemed Knightwing64
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: December 30, 2023, 01:13:34 am »

What does surprise me is my apparent nonchalance in the face of a third-party having so much influence, evidently I have grown a touch.
Again, seems impossible.

But for your reference here is the Total List Of Alignments. I will not include any alignments outside of these, and the win conditions will always be as stated.

Spoiler: Alignments (click to show/hide)

Shall we ask directly?

Your impassioned defense of this person is noted, as it previously was.

I wonder what inspection result would have occurred had Esteemed The Canadian Kitten targeted Esteemed Egan_BW, or any painted by that one's power? (underline mine).

Reaoh (Mafia)
You alignment inspect as Town. Players targeted by Tainted Power alignment inspect as your choice of Town, Mafia, Pirate, or Hunter during that Night.

I wonder if the scum have any other ways to hide their alignment from anything but a true inspection in this interesting game.

Let's say we forget the votes.

List five things, quote, show, five things that Esteemed Secretdorf has done in the thread that are pro-town.

Help me, and all of us, see how very townie this person is.  I don't see it.  But I sure see you, Esteemed hector13 and Esteemed Jim Groovester.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: December 30, 2023, 01:16:04 am »

EBWOP:  This is what seems impossible.

It would not surprise me one jot that he’s third party and will achieve his wincon when he gets either a certain number of votes or a majority of votes, because anything else which isn’t him being town would be ridiculous.

Also, help me see how it's impossible that he's not town?

Impossible?

Impossible?

Impossible?

It is impossible for this person not to be town?

Amazing.

I'm all ears.  What evidence you got?
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 207