Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79352 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1605 on: December 27, 2023, 12:27:45 am »

We sure have a lot of forms of investigation.

Another mystery, the infestation of that gun.

I wonder if the Esteemed CrystalizedMire might be the source of that, roleblocked N1, disappeared N2, but maybe was able to act before taking a hike.

Claimed ant-sized-ant, and insects certainly infest sometimes.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: December 27, 2023, 05:27:53 am »

I think what Sofanthiel's doing here is called scumclaiming.
That is not at all the case.  I understand why you'd get such an idea, however; my unwillingness to lay out all the cards might come across as untrustworthy.

Sofanthiel: I didn't read you as scum D1, but your recalcitrance since has me reconsidering. It's not the lack of activity, it's the caginess. Explain yourself or I'll vote you.
One might suggest, if you are town, you stop wasting that time and reveal what you know so we can actually find scum.
The reason behind the ambiguity is that revealing the nature of my role and what I've been working towards would benefit those I oppose more than my own team.  If anything, scum having that information would harm town more than my demise ever could, which is why all I can do is request I be left alive without providing the details you all demand.

Canadian Kitten did catch him red handed
Whatever transpired last night, as bad as it makes me look, could be explained by a multitude of intricate interactions that have the capacity to happen.  Even I, with a more complete picture of the situation (on account of knowing my own abilities), am not exactly certain what caused such an outcome.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: December 27, 2023, 06:18:25 am »

Sofanthiel: you have been accused of being investigated by Canadian Kitten, and giving a anti-town investigation result. You do not have the trust of the town, having shown highly suspicious behavior brfore this. You must claim in this situation if you want to not be lynched.

We do have roleblockers, busses, protects, and other such mitigation tools available to us as the town. We can and if it appropriate will use them to mitigate the drawbacks of revealing your role.

In short, quit your bullshit, claim or die.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 27, 2023, 06:28:58 am »

This sucks. You start defending yourself when day's about to end. Who else can we even lynch now, Sofanthiel?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: December 27, 2023, 09:38:12 am »

The reason behind the ambiguity is that revealing the nature of my role and what I've been working towards would benefit those I oppose more than my own team.  If anything, scum having that information would harm town more than my demise ever could, which is why all I can do is request I be left alive without providing the details you all demand.
OK, but even from your perspective, this is also something scum!you could say and we would hardly be able to tell the difference. You get that, right? I am no longer 100% certain that you're scum, but you can't play International Man of Mystery when your head is on the chopping block.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: December 27, 2023, 10:07:50 am »

Whatever transpired last night, as bad as it makes me look, could be explained by a multitude of intricate interactions that have the capacity to happen.  Even I, with a more complete picture of the situation (on account of knowing my own abilities), am not exactly certain what caused such an outcome.

So, what do you believe you can share, besides, 'not gonna tell ya, in fact, I laugh in the face of death'?

As much as I enjoy responding to your queries, I'm afraid I can provide no comment on the above.  I will reveal that information exclusively if I deem doing so beneficial or vital.  Neither is the case right now.

We'll see about that... hahaha. :)
In all seriousness, those surely can't be the only two possible outcomes; we still have dozens of hours of pure, concentrated, non-stop digital yapping ahead of the twelve of us!

Why even apologize when you keep repeating the same behavior that you seem to feel is worth apology?
I want to quickly preface this by apologizing for my day 2 absence.

We'll see about that... hahaha. :)

So, here's a possible way to help.

What are your reads of the game?  What's the game's story, where is your focus, what is your thinking?

And why do you read to me as 'eager to die today'?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 27, 2023, 10:08:10 am »

You must claim in this situation if you want to not be lynched.
A grave pity; I've already stated my reason for keeping quiet, and it is yet to change.  Even in the face of death, my stubbornness persists, but for the greater good!

You start defending yourself when day's about to end.
Tis' the holidays to blame.  I'm sure everyone's been busy!  I, especially, have had trouble jamming this game into my schedule (possibly and likely due to my management skills not being the best).  Regardless of how lacking my participation has been, I fret there wouldn't've been significantly more substance I could've supplied you with on account of my outwardly confidentiality. :-X

you can't play International Man of Mystery when your head is on the chopping block.
After even more consideration, this is the only viable (or, at least, optimal) option for me and the town's interests, unfortunately.  The choice is for the rest of you to make.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 27, 2023, 10:10:15 am »

sofanthiel, are you the banisher? If you are, it's better to just come out with it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 27, 2023, 10:10:26 am »

My evaluation, you die today.  So whatever you see useful for your wincon to say, better say it.  Whatever read of the thread you can give, do it.  Whatever you do think you have that doesn't harm your wincon more to say, better say it.  it's not clear at all that any of us can read deadchat, and while I might have been able to change that, that seems to have changed.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 27, 2023, 10:14:28 am »

A grave pity; I've already stated my reason for keeping quiet, and it is yet to change.  Even in the face of death, my stubbornness persists, but for the greater good!

How about this, tell us what would or could change that reason?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: December 27, 2023, 10:25:33 am »

And when you die, everyone including anti-town sees your full roleflip.  So you should likely consider that information impossible to hide from anyone at this point.  What you did, sure, that maybe can only be guessed by anyone.  But the dead and about to die have very little to hide.

Who led the kill on the Esteemed Sofanthiel?  The Esteemed Sofanthiel, who is very willfully using a 'kill me' strategy.

Why though?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: December 27, 2023, 10:28:31 am »

You're right, this feels dangerous and I don't like Secretdorf's perfunctory "well, we have to do it now!" response.

Unvote..

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: December 27, 2023, 10:36:41 am »

I fear https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FailureGambit

How about two roleblockers on Esteemed Sofanthiel, one of them the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, and the other to ensure the target is roleblocked if the ghostly one is visited or chooses to do something else?

Do we desperately want the Esteemed Secretdorf alive longer?  I understand I'm the only one so deeply disturbed by their playstyle.  I accept the experience and will of town filled with those who know how to play better than I.

I don't know how deeply and publicly we should plan stuff out.

Just tossing out a 'what the heck is going on?' and 'could we do something about it?'

The way to defeat a failure gambit is usually https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SheatheYourSword

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 27, 2023, 10:38:21 am »

I really detest tvtropes.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: December 27, 2023, 10:51:10 am »

Okay, the long and the short of it is that I'm worrying that Imp may have been right that killing sofanthiel now will permanently obliterate the banishees (banshees?), and consequently, I'm not feeling quite so comfortable permanently awarding those votes to Secretdorf given how happy Secretdorf seemed to be about it.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 207