Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79894 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1545 on: December 26, 2023, 04:41:00 pm »

Esteemed Sofanthiel, Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, it would be very useful for me and likely others to hear your STORY OF THIS GAME as well, if you're willing.
Have I missed some context? I think I've explained my perspective of the game and my actions so far.

BHK: If you're being honest about your role, it's much less useful now that you've claimed it. On the flip side, fullclaiming is a reasonable response to people going after you for being cagey. I feel way better about you now.
Quite, but I'm not some game-deciding force in that regard, I think. Clarity in a confusing situation benefits the town more than my freedom to act.

How does everyone feel with the Esteemed Secretdorf having the only vote in the game?  And/or so many that they can instantly hammer by themself?  We're not there today.  Tomorrow?  D5?

With the control over the vote, and the lack of scumhunting so far, and them still being alive.  I am as close to concerned about this as my calm and kind ruleset allows.
Should I mark them, as a safeguard in case they try to do something funny later on?

BHK, please confirm to the other players that you were caught in a web. This will be quite distinct from any bomb you might have been given. I would think you should have been informed of it.
I wasn't. Someone visited me, my soul rested in the presence of the living, and I came to with a bomb bolted onto the hood of my racecar. That's it.

I intend to inspect the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal tonight, which should pin that one and gain me information without much or any price.  It may not be worth it for another to follow, because there is potential price for any other living player.
I recommend against announcing intended inspects, considering the deal with Tric and the seeming abundance of millers.

In terms of reads -

Firm Town camp -
hector13 - As again, I have a fair confidence in him. He hasn't done anything I have a particular distaste or suspicion for.
Maximum Spin - Webadict and Jim's mason, apparently.
Lenglon - Again, not a suspicious person, if a bit overeager to policy.
Toony - The trusty bus miller that was willing to sacrifice themselves. Again, not really suspicious at all, and verifiable.
Jim - Webadict and Spin's mason.

Town Lean -
Imp: Why do I want to trust you, but still feel that small bit of suspicion that keeps me from wanting to confirm you in my mind, even after our cordial interaction?
Canadian - They've been more active and scumhunting. Not shifty enough to go either way.
Parade - If they've claimed, I might have overlooked it. There's nothing to really verify with them, but they've been acting decently independently and haven't done much scummy.

Ambivalence and the Unknown -
Knightwing - mimir
Mire - Hasn't posted, and could go either way. I should pay more attention to her.
notquitethere - I don't know, at all. The lack of webbing is suspect, but maybe it's because anyone visiting me stops my actions, blanket?

Sofanthiel, of course, must die.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 26, 2023, 04:45:39 pm »

I will most likely protect Imp.
Okay I'll do something else sneaky then, probably maybe.

There's more this doctor of Death can do.

I guess Webadict stated who they planned to inspect so Imp doing the same is fine. Since they're definitely going to target that one person.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 26, 2023, 04:50:47 pm »

Imp: Why do I want to trust you, but still feel that small bit of suspicion that keeps me from wanting to confirm you in my mind, even after our cordial interaction?

As Warehouse 13, and town, I had a lot to deal with, decide, and handle.  Definitely what I would call 'an agenda'.  And I had a lot of power, enough to change the game, and anyone in it, including myself, in ways limited only by how much risk I chose to take, and the final decision of the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist.

I also had way(s) to potentially terribly harm any who had specific things about them, as 'snag it, bag it, tag it' is very much a part of Warehouse13, as is deciding what, and who, remains in play.

And though mine was worded far more delicately than the Esteemed TricMagic, it seemed likely that I could become non- or even anti-Town... and could make anyone else that, or nearly anything.  "Welcome to a world of endless wonder" indeed.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 26, 2023, 04:57:01 pm »

@Imp:
Great, so we can say everything worked out since you are now firmly town and cannot be changed in any way. I think that's a net positive.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 26, 2023, 04:58:55 pm »

Should I mark them, as a safeguard in case they try to do something funny later on?

Well, I don't think you'd be able to tonight.  And your power just means, potentially, 'kill you last', in the sense of the bad things that can happen.

And you have no webs.

*Gazes thoughtfully at the Esteemed notquitethere*

I have some thinking to do, I guess.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: December 26, 2023, 05:00:44 pm »

Before hammer, could the Esteemed notquitethere and the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal discuss this web thing?  As a sort of stand in for the Esteemed Webadict, maybe this is a clue I should ask for more information about.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 26, 2023, 05:04:21 pm »

@Imp:
Webadict probably has inspection results from N2 in the dead chat. I recommend thinking who Webadict would have inspected.

@BlackHeart:
I think Imp is firmly town. I would place more suspicion on players that think there's only one scum team (Max) and less suspicion on players that think there's multiple scum teams (Lenglon).

@NQT:
What do you mean by webbing? Is that the flavor of your roleblock?

PPE:
Before hammer, could the Esteemed notquitethere and the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal discuss this web thing?  As a sort of stand in for the Esteemed Webadict, maybe this is a clue I should ask for more information about.
Yes, I'm thinking the same thing.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 26, 2023, 05:08:40 pm »

Relevant claims seem to be:

BHK will almost certainly know he was hit by my power and can confirm it. It will have a very distinct description

BHK, please confirm to the other players that you were caught in a web. This will be quite distinct from any bomb you might have been given. I would think you should have been informed of it.

I wasn't. Someone visited me, my soul rested in the presence of the living, and I came to with a bomb bolted onto the hood of my racecar. That's it.

The lack of webbing is suspect, but maybe it's because anyone visiting me stops my actions, blanket?

NotQuiteTownies:
BlackHeartKabal - Literally black-hearted and in a cabal.
notquitethere - "gotta protect myself from the super inspect!!!"

Also, Esteemed notquitethere, what did you do N1?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 26, 2023, 05:09:47 pm »

Unvote

And requesting time to clear this up, fully understanding that the Esteemed Secretdorf is in hammer range.  If you do hammer, powerful one, I will observe and consider only, you are not under direct threat.  But I do hope you too agree this discussion has value for town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 26, 2023, 05:17:10 pm »

@Imp:
NQT tracked Elephant Parade on N1. They basically stated this at the start and then confirmed their result after EP claimed I believe. I think their claim is...probably true? So I'm not sure who roleblocked Webadict on N1. Max said something like Canadian Kitten and Webadict were roleblocked by the same thing while we know now you were blocked by BlackHeart.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 26, 2023, 05:21:35 pm »

@Imp:
NQT tracked Elephant Parade on N1. They basically stated this at the start and then confirmed their result after EP claimed I believe. I think their claim is...probably true? So I'm not sure who roleblocked Webadict on N1. Max said something like Canadian Kitten and Webadict were roleblocked by the same thing while we know now you were blocked by BlackHeart.
Check Egan's roleflip.

Everyone who investigated sofanthiel or Egan on night 1 was roleblocked by the kill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 26, 2023, 05:28:13 pm »

@Imp:
Check Egan's roleflip.

Everyone who investigated sofanthiel or Egan on night 1 was roleblocked by the kill.

I thought it was just people who targeted with an inspection whoever was killed would be blocked?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1557 on: December 26, 2023, 05:31:12 pm »

(Mafiakill, Night) Broken DOOR [target]: You shatter the path to your Progenitor. Every player using an investigative action on you or your target is roleblocked, and you kill your target.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 26, 2023, 05:31:36 pm »

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal:  You have some questions pending of me, I'll answer now.

"Firstly - what is thunderdoming, then?"  I actually don't know.  First heard it in this game, and gave it meaning based on context.  I believe it means argue in a mutual OMGUS way that likely ends with one of the two eliminated, or else make an utter 'I will die on this hill' case against someone.  I'm not trying to do either, thus my statement that I'm not thunderdoming.

"Second - you pressure him, you vote him, you ask him questions that, to my memory, there were no satisfactory answers to. Is that not the definition of a good lead? What has Sofanthiel done to dissuade voting them? What have they done to make any of us think that they're town in a sense beyond "I need to convince the others I'm on their side to cover my own arse"?"

A couple games ago, I 'thunderdomed' (my second definition) to death the Esteemed sofanthiel D1, in a game we were both town.  Wasn't scumhunting.  I do try to separate scummy from scum.  My current big concern is that the Esteemed sofanthiel seems to be trying to die this game, this turn especially.  While jesters are not a thing, ploys are.  When someone dies and how can matter here - I know that for sure from my own original role this game.  I am concerned that may be part of what happens here, and I don't want to set it up.  But 'if you are the D3 elimination, then X' - with an X that really benefits a wincon, seems plausible.

That said, I'm just watching patterns.  I don't have any mechanics info about this.

However, my original discussion and probing of the Esteemed Sofanthiel back D1 was that, the same as my discussion with you - to me.  I want to see your thinking and determine your intentions, which I mean to use to determine your wincon.  And, given it's D1 and this was me, this game, everything about my role factors was also part of it.  "Town with an agenda that was complex and difficult, and could change the game and doesn't have much control over it, needs to be super careful, and just outed myself to scum told how to kill me to get a prize' - that's where my head was.  I was looking for specific things, and aware scumhunting (which I don't think I'm particularly good at, classically especially) helps my team a lot, so I was doing what I could on a lot of different levels.

"In terms of your theory of there being no anti-town, it isn't a bastard, and besides that, I think the game would have just ended if there were no anti-town players. In a word, ignorable, if I were particularly dismissive."

Sure.  From my point of view - I saw my own role and I saw the Esteemed TricMagic's roleflip, and that's all I know.  Also, I am a newbie, to games like mafia, and I had never even heard of a 'bastard game' except maybe in passing, I sure didn't know what it was.  But I knew what I saw in the Esteemed TricMagic's roleflip, and what I had seen in my own role and what I had already discussed with the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist.  Feel free to dismiss that reaction of mine - but it's based on what I knew for sure about the game at that point, and was genuine.

"I don't get what you're trying to get out of this other than my thought process and priorities - what are you trying to do?"  Genuinely get your thought processes and priorities.  Those are gold to me, that's literally how I play games like this, which I am not a newbie at, by far.  Games 'like' mafia get played irl, and I've been involved in a lot of that, of a few flavors.  So I move towards putting a theory of mind on your actions, one that looks flawless, if I can.  Allowing for 'this trick, that mislead', whatever I can adjust for, that makes sense to me.

I can also intend to manipulate, and/or be direct.  My recent interactions with you were literally, and directly, to the point of 'help me and others understand you, your thinking, your intentions'.

D1 and D2, when I had a rather more complex role, I wanted all that too, from everyone, and needed to communicate some information and needed to decide some stuff, like who to help and how when I could potentially do anything and anything I did was likely to have consequences far past what I could ask for, foresee, or predict.

... I'm going to remain calm, of course.  But I asked for that role, and that was extremely well tailor made for me, better than even what I directly requested.  It's kinda rude to be happy that has changed, so if you choose yourself to be kind, please don't cheer visibly.  Something of great value to me was affected without my consent, and to my standards I played that role well for town indeed, while I could.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1559 on: December 26, 2023, 05:32:15 pm »

(Mafiakill, Night) Broken DOOR [target]: You shatter the path to your Progenitor. Every player using an investigative action on you or your target is roleblocked, and you kill your target.

Confirming this is my full and perfect understanding of why and how the other two roleblocks happened.  To me this wasn't even something to wonder about, glad you asked, Esteemed Toonyman.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 207