Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79872 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1500 on: December 26, 2023, 12:38:51 am »

Well, I think he's town. Plus Webadict was town so Jim and Max are very likely also town. And he's also in the vote stealing business. Ignore the last one.

What are you willing to say about how Esteemed Jim Groovester might decide to relieve you of all your votes?
Through his vote steal of course.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: December 26, 2023, 12:40:32 am »

I am ... calm about this because it's needful.  But the willingness of Esteemed Sofanthiel to die today combined with the missing vote, and the Esteemed Secretdorf being so rapid to move to kill the cooperative, daring to be killed one, and the shocking pile of votes.  Gee, don't need much of town when one person has so many votes.  Utter avalanche.

I was of my own nature calmer when Esteemed Jim Groovester had them, because that worthy appeared to be using them in a controlled measured way, and playing recognizably towards a town wincon.

I cannot say the same for Esteemed Secretdorf.  But I can calmly not think about it while I patiently wait for answers.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: December 26, 2023, 12:41:32 am »

[/quote]

Why do you believe he would relieve you of 'all' of them?

He seemed surprised that he got more than one D2.  Do you think he thinks he'd get all of yours?  If so, why?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: December 26, 2023, 12:41:47 am »

Regrettably, my dear friend the most esteemed Right Reverent Sir Jim of Groovester cannot steal more than one of your votes as far as I am aware.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: December 26, 2023, 12:43:45 am »

Regrettably, my dear friend the most esteemed Right Reverent Sir Jim of Groovester cannot steal more than one of your votes as far as I am aware.

Hey, Esteemed Maximum Spin.  Would you be willing to share your evaluation of the Esteemed hector13 and the Esteemed Secretdorf with us?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: December 26, 2023, 12:46:36 am »

Why do you believe he would relieve you of 'all' of them?

He seemed surprised that he got more than one D2.  Do you think he thinks he'd get all of yours?  If so, why?
I think he was surprised D2 because Sofanthiel Sofanthiel and NQT both have only vote each. So getting 2 from NQT was not what he expected. In the same manner I was surprised I got 2 from Sof, not because I can steal only one, but because I thought Sofanthiel has one vote, which is probably true anyway.

Well, Jim, can you steal all my votes?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: December 26, 2023, 12:53:25 am »

I believe his exorbitantly honorable excellency the learned M. Hector Thirteen, Esq., lately of Bailey-on-Thames, to be a member of that most verdant faction in good and illustrious standing. His Grace the Bishop Secretdorf, B.Div., Th.D., though perhaps not as overtly obviously so, I also esteem to be more likely on the side of community harmony than otherwise.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: December 26, 2023, 12:55:06 am »

BHK: If you're being honest about your role, it's much less useful now that you've claimed it. On the flip side, fullclaiming is a reasonable response to people going after you for being cagey. I feel way better about you now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: December 26, 2023, 12:57:36 am »

I believe his exorbitantly honorable excellency the learned M. Hector Thirteen, Esq., lately of Bailey-on-Thames, to be a member of that most verdant faction in good and illustrious standing. His Grace the Bishop Secretdorf, B.Div., Th.D., though perhaps not as overtly obviously so, I also esteem to be more likely on the side of community harmony than otherwise.

Really? I don’t get that from Esteemed Secretdorf, but then again I am also very wary of people who have undue influence on the execution.

What makes you think they’re town, Esteemed Maximum Spin?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: December 26, 2023, 12:59:03 am »

I share Toony's suspicion that the banish was performed by one of the banish-ees. I suspect that one or both are scum and did it to save their own hides (and possibly force a non-scum lynch in the case of a three-man scumteam, which is possible if we imagine other anti-town factions). I only previously suspected CM, not KW, though. I guess the banisher/ee could also be defensive town.

I could also see a town player banishing two sussy lurkers who might be scum to keep them out of the game for a bit, but I would have expected them to claim by now.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: December 26, 2023, 01:01:54 am »

Really? I don’t get that from Esteemed Secretdorf, but then again I am also very wary of people who have undue influence on the execution.

He was under no obligation to come clean about gaining votes, and seems genuinely unaware of why he has an extra one beyond the expected, which I think scum would know. Besides, I am less convinced than ever of two scumteams, and since I certainly think sofanthiel is on one, why would another scum player steal his vote?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: December 26, 2023, 01:04:46 am »

sofanthiel because they made it pretty clear they're not going to bother trying to clear anything up and therefore they are not worth waiting for to explain anything.

Somebody gave my day kill the Infested status (lmao somebody gave my 0 shot day kill crabs). Is this something our banished players might be responsible for?

I'm sort of iffy on ToonyMan's claimed rationale for swapping Imp's role with webadict's, and mostly the 'if webadict is scum' clause since I think webadict showed by that point that him being scum was pretty unlikely. ToonyMan forgetting or not realizing that webadict was immune to role modifications also raised my eyebrow but it's been a long and complicated game. I don't mind Imp's dubious third party esque dreamer role being deleted though, and if ToonyMan claimed that rationale I would perfectly okay with him doing that.

Uhhh, out of everyone else... Jim? Lenglon maybe? Who's even in this game again?

Don't give me kill immunity. I do not want it.

Jim, your steal one phase only or is it some other reason?

Yes, the vote I steal returns at the end of the Day.

Esteemed Jim Groovester:  Didn't actually make a claim.  Also said someone did something to him they need to fess up for.

I indirectly claimed to target sofanthiel with my vote stealing ability by crying about not getting sofanthiel's vote because Secretdorf beat me to the punch.

Now done with thread and I just want to hear more flavor claims.

I angrily shout profanities evidently.

Looks calmly around.

Esteemed Jim Groovester, what do you think of Esteemed hector13 and Esteemed Secretdorf?

I think hector13 is probably town. Secretdorf hasn't done anything that makes me think he's scummy. I think you're drinking too much of your own paranoid kool aid about Secretdorf and should probably focus on what you know and what is easy to grasp about the game state rather than dwelling on hypotheticals.

Well, Jim, can you steal all my votes?

I steal a player's default vote, which is to say, only one.

Even if I could steal all of your votes I think I'd be inclined to target a player I have more misgivings about.

Not that you asked me, but I think he's likelier town than not, mostly by feel. He's said reasonable things.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: December 26, 2023, 01:04:55 am »

I share Toony's suspicion that the banish was performed by one of the banish-ees. I suspect that one or both are scum and did it to save their own hides (and possibly force a non-scum lynch in the case of a three-man scumteam, which is possible if we imagine other anti-town factions). I only previously suspected CM, not KW, though. I guess the banisher/ee could also be defensive town.

I could also see a town player banishing two sussy lurkers who might be scum to keep them out of the game for a bit, but I would have expected them to claim by now.
Note that this seems like a silly strategy if we assume sofanthiel is scum, since scum would gain absolutely nothing from it, sofanthiel being today's most obvious execution. If sofanthiel flips anything other than Mafia, it'll make more sense.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: December 26, 2023, 01:05:23 am »

What makes you very much trust Esteemed Jim Groovester?

That's very hard to say, and I don't deeply trust him.  But it is a mix of:

Very skilled players in large numbers teaming with.
One of those players shown town.
There can only be so many scum on the same team.
Constant decent pro-town play.
Mostly verifiable claims made.
So skilled my head's in that one's hands, as a basketball, soccerball, grenade, or problem to carry around.
Said or implied a few things that might make sense to me specifically.
Attitude towards some things I've said.

How does everyone feel with the Esteemed Secretdorf having the only vote in the game?  And/or so many that they can instantly hammer by themself?  We're not there today.  Tomorrow?  D5?

With the control over the vote, and the lack of scumhunting so far, and them still being alive.  I am as close to concerned about this as my calm and kind ruleset allows.

Plus the sneaky 'do this, you'll find out why' backed up by 'when asked about, if asked about, discuss further'.  That could make me nervous if I was going to get nervous, because if it's discussable, discuss.  If not, not, but what are you doing and why?

He was under no obligation to come clean about gaining votes, and seems genuinely unaware of why he has an extra one beyond the expected, which I think scum would know. Besides, I am less convinced than ever of two scumteams, and since I certainly think sofanthiel is on one, why would another scum player steal his vote?

I wonder about stuff that can't be hidden, and revealing just enough then claiming revealed more, "I told you.  You didn't ask.  All this is above board."  I once dreamed, and in most of my dreams, I think I remember I drowned.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: December 26, 2023, 01:06:35 am »

Esteemed Jim Groovester, we're in hammer range if Esteemed Secretdorf acts.

Also, what do you think of Esteemed Secretdorf?  Would you shoot him today, if you had bullets and he voted you?
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 207