Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79364 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1140 on: December 21, 2023, 09:08:17 am »

Webadict:This would explain your voting behaviour yesterday, if you flip scum. I hope that either you or Knightwing are scum.
What a way to defend your voting out a Townie in spite of at least five people saying not to AND setup a chainexecution.

Bravissimo.

Yes, my mistake - should we have just deliberated into a no-lynch D1 instead? We mislynched, unfortunate. Then we can consider that behaviour the next time a similar situation pops up with EuchreJack.

We're taking what leads we can. Knight's claim incriminates you, your suggestion to limit town discussion incriminates you. Your priority should be clearing your own name if you insist on leading town discussion, unless you aren't concerned about the town at all. If you flip scum, problem solved, and we can move on to Egan tomorrow, because they won't act tonight. If you flip town, then because you're claiming Knight is town, why would we chain execute?

And if you flip town, you're suggesting you investigated Knight. Why would you investigate Knight?

You've been purely working with the most acceptable targets among town players such as NQT and now the Jack voters, and nothing about this current play furthers the town in the slightest.
No, you didn't simply misexecute.  You ignored other people in favor of your own candidate.  Also, please enlighten me on what information you gleaned from EuchreJack's death?  Because it seems that you learned nothing and switched to his most ardent defender on the logic that I was a Pirate, and therefore knew EuchreJack wasn't?  History is a circle.

Personally, I don't think I need to clear my own name.  Not least because my actions Yesterday were extremely Town-focused and correct, but because I don't really think your circumstantial evidence is useful when you also haven't claimed.

I'm also not suggesting I investigated anyone.  I merely know that Knightwing definitely did target me, and he definitely isn't lying.

Also, what if we vote Egan_BW and just, you know, vote and actual scum player?

I believe that webadict is town because webadict must have knew the risks of claiming to have a super inspect but actually kills the target because webadict agreed to Maximum spin's idea beforehand. Therefore, it is more likely that the kill was performed by someone who is neither Maximum Spin or Webadict like Egan_Bw(I would vote but I want to hear their opinion first)
Is this why Webadict is claiming that he knows that Spin is town?
?  Max is blatantly furthering the Town's interests.  That makes him Town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 21, 2023, 09:15:34 am »

I believe that webadict is town because webadict must have knew the risks of claiming to have a super inspect but actually kills the target because webadict agreed to Maximum spin's idea beforehand. Therefore, it is more likely that the kill was performed by someone who is neither Maximum Spin or Webadict like Egan_Bw(I would vote but I want to hear their opinion first)
I think this is another one off the list.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 21, 2023, 09:24:59 am »

What? So you blatantly lied about going to inspect someone and just wasn’t going to mention it if I didn’t bring it up?

Ok bro

Why would you lie about having a inspect, that would only make you a target for scum unless it was a fake claim and ur scum yourself

Explain

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: December 21, 2023, 09:34:32 am »

Web you have a point but I would also like an explanation for this.

Also, this town obviously can’t be trusted to not vote like sheeple I literally said Jack was Town and got ignored because pirate = bad I guess

I’m not saying I’m the best at this game, but I try to post consistently and engage, you had people being gone for the game and showing up to vote Jack and then lurk again

And I’m called the lurker, ok buddy

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 21, 2023, 09:38:57 am »

What? So you blatantly lied about going to inspect someone and just wasn’t going to mention it if I didn’t bring it up?

Ok bro

Why would you lie about having a inspect, that would only make you a target for scum unless it was a fake claim and ur scum yourself

Explain
There's the possibility of Webadict got roleblocked.
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 21, 2023, 09:43:22 am »

Townies:
Me - DON'T VOTE EUCHREJACK OR TRICMAGIC NEXT TIME, PLEASE.
Jim - Obviously my Masonbuddy.
Max - Obviously also my Masonbuddy.
Knightwing64 - I don't even need to think about it.
The Canadian kitten - Part of the conspiracy.
Lenglon - Long con player.

Probably Townies:
Crystalizedmire - Can see what kids love about Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Secretdorf - So secretive...
Elephant Parade - #Pride
hector13 - Still catching up to the rest of us Townies, but he's getting there, he just has to put his trust in me.
Imp - "Everyone is a cult member, now here's my master thesis"

NotQuiteTownies:
BlackHeartKabal - Literally black-hearted and in a cabal.
notquitethere - "gotta protect myself from the super inspect!!!"
Egan_BW - Actual murderer.
sofanthiel - Probably also a murderer.

ToonyMans:
ToonyMan - You are my child, now.

Ok bro

Explain
Knightwing, I adore your scumhunting technique, but I'm gonna give you some tips:
- The first is that each person is receptive to different types of interrogation techniques.  See, questioning me is best done by feeding into my ego, complimenting me, and generally just trying to appeal to my self-indulgent nature.  Since I'm quite egotistical, pretending like I'm Town to get me to do something before busting me and gloating would absolutely get me good!
- The second tip is that, sometimes, lying is for the Town's benefit.  Not all lies are falsehoods, though.  Some are merely lies of omission.  In this particular case, have you found what the lie is?  I think if you start to understand that nuance, that will be the greatest step in your Mafia career.
- And the third and final tip I'll give you right now is:  Don't think about it.  Your thought process is sound, but it misses vital information.  What piece of the puzzle are you missing right now?  Do you think my actions make sense as scum?

Ninja:
Web you have a point but I would also like an explanation for this.

Also, this town obviously can’t be trusted to not vote like sheeple I literally said Jack was Town and got ignored because pirate = bad I guess

I’m not saying I’m the best at this game, but I try to post consistently and engage, you had people being gone for the game and showing up to vote Jack and then lurk again

And I’m called the lurker, ok buddy
I think that's fair.  Would you find it fair of me to not explain it at this moment?  Would you be okay with me being a little cagey because I think that we can narrow down scum a bit by seeing who votes me for what?

I'm not sure if you understand, but I spent a lot of energy trying to get Jack off the hook Yesterday.  A lot of energy.  I tried to get other people to do so as well, and I was met by very strong resistance on the part of people who did exactly as you stated.  I think you're Town, and I can confirm that your Action was both correct and valid.  There is a reason I am not voting you in return right now, and you have two choices:  You can try to find why I'm being like that, OR you can accept that I am Town for now on the basis that I will explain.

NINJA 2:

Ok bro

Explain
There's the possibility of Webadict got roleblocked.
Crystal, I wanted Knightwing to figure this one out!  It's for his benefit!

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 21, 2023, 09:52:22 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Egan_BW          --4-- Maximum Spin*, Jim Groovester*, Jim Groovester*, Jim Groovester*,
webadict            --3-- Knightwing64*, Secretdorf*, BlackHeartKabal*,
BlackHeartKabal     --0--
Crystalizedmire     --0--
Elephant Parade     --0--
hector13            --0--
Imp                 --0--
Jim Groovester      --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
Lenglon             --0--
Maximum Spin        --0--
notquitethere       --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
sofanthiel          --0--
The Canadian kitten --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --10-- Crystalizedmire, Egan_BW, Elephant Parade, hector13*, Imp, Lenglon, sofanthiel, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan, webadict,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on December 18, 2023 at 20:00 Central Standard Time (-60 hours and -52 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 21, 2023, 09:53:57 am »

Unvote.

Webadict:This would explain your voting behaviour yesterday, if you flip scum. I hope that either you or Knightwing are scum.
What a way to defend your voting out a Townie in spite of at least five people saying not to AND setup a chainexecution.

Bravissimo.

Yes, my mistake - should we have just deliberated into a no-lynch D1 instead? We mislynched, unfortunate. Then we can consider that behaviour the next time a similar situation pops up with EuchreJack.

We're taking what leads we can. Knight's claim incriminates you, your suggestion to limit town discussion incriminates you. Your priority should be clearing your own name if you insist on leading town discussion, unless you aren't concerned about the town at all. If you flip scum, problem solved, and we can move on to Egan tomorrow, because they won't act tonight. If you flip town, then because you're claiming Knight is town, why would we chain execute?

And if you flip town, you're suggesting you investigated Knight. Why would you investigate Knight?

You've been purely working with the most acceptable targets among town players such as NQT and now the Jack voters, and nothing about this current play furthers the town in the slightest.
No, you didn't simply misexecute.  You ignored other people in favor of your own candidate.  Also, please enlighten me on what information you gleaned from EuchreJack's death?  Because it seems that you learned nothing and switched to his most ardent defender on the logic that I was a Pirate, and therefore knew EuchreJack wasn't?  History is a circle.

Personally, I don't think I need to clear my own name.  Not least because my actions Yesterday were extremely Town-focused and correct, but because I don't really think your circumstantial evidence is useful when you also haven't claimed.

I'm also not suggesting I investigated anyone.  I merely know that Knightwing definitely did target me, and he definitely isn't lying.

Also, what if we vote Egan_BW and just, you know, vote and actual scum player?

Is this why Webadict is claiming that he knows that Spin is town?
?  Max is blatantly furthering the Town's interests.  That makes him Town.
... Fine, you have a point on the circular logic bit. That doesn't mean I couldn't be right this time, but if I'm wrong on this, tomorrow will come with three town gone. I could still vote you today, but...

There's you and Knight, and Egan. Knight is directly claiming you're scum and he caught you out, and you yourself haven't given us a result.

Yes, I made a mistake with Jack. Yes, I made a mistake again now assuming it was set that we could safely lynch down you and then deal with Egan and then maybe Knight if you flipped town. Apart from you, we still don't have a solid lead besides Egan, who I can just vote for if their explanation doesn't absolve them. But with you and Knight, and this behavior from you of... trying to limit town discussion? You and Egan are suspects, in my eyes, unless you, in turn, clarify what happened and address Knight's accusation. You're saying Knight is town, so it can't be Knight trying rid of you from a scum perspective. And you propose it's just another mistake with town accusing town, and Egan is our only lead, but won't tell us what you did.

Knight does have a point in terms of you lying, but with you insisting you don't want to remove someone's role, it's plausible that you are town and lying to take the heat off of other town members, even if I still don't get the reasoning one hundred percent. But I find it hard to reconcile the dishonesty with you being town in comfort unless you were coordinating something with someone unspokenly.

SIX REPLY PPE: Nevermind, masons. Egan_BW

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: December 21, 2023, 09:58:42 am »

Web, I still am missing how you and Jim knew it was Egan, but Max seems to have good evidence and you've earned my trust so far, so I'm willing to vote Egan with ya'll on your word alone. I'll hold off on placing it for the moment because I want Egan to speak, but that's where I currently stand.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 21, 2023, 10:04:15 am »

Web, I still am missing how you and Jim knew it was Egan, but Max seems to have good evidence and you've earned my trust so far, so I'm willing to vote Egan with ya'll on your word alone. I'll hold off on placing it for the moment because I want Egan to speak, but that's where I currently stand.
Lenglon, it's the same advice I've been giving everyone so far:

Don't think about it so much.  It's just that Simple.

But, I agree, I'm taking back my promise to vote in 8 hours because I think Egan and sofanthiel claiming is very important.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: December 21, 2023, 10:17:59 am »

HA I FUCKING KNEW IT

Webadict

It’s 100% Web. He doesn’t have a inspect at all.
Love your spirit, Knight.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 21, 2023, 10:40:32 am »

I also think Knightwing is definitely town at this point.

@Egan:
Anything else? You need to explain what you did last night and why.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 21, 2023, 10:49:54 am »

I'm not really sure. My power is based on building things out of words and I'm not really sure what those words do, so if I killed Sof then I apologize. Let me read up on the thread a bit more, I only skimmed.

I have been thinking about it and Secretdorf gives me scummy vibes I can't really explain. Might just be their username and avatar being shady to be honest.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: December 21, 2023, 10:52:07 am »

I'm not really sure. My power is based on building things out of words and I'm not really sure what those words do, so if I killed Sof then I apologize. Let me read up on the thread a bit more, I only skimmed.
Okay. Explain why you targeted Sofanthiel (or I guess NQT?) last night, what was your intention?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 21, 2023, 11:05:57 am »

I have been thinking about it and Secretdorf gives me scummy vibes I can't really explain. Might just be their username and avatar being shady to be honest.
Which Words did you use and who did you target?
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 207