Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80417 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #660 on: December 17, 2023, 05:49:46 am »

Well, if Toony is scum, we know who his buddy is...

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #661 on: December 17, 2023, 06:09:53 am »

Fallacy said pirates are the second scum team. Jack said he is pirate captain and was supposed to recruit 3 pirates. I'm not very brilliant, so I can only conclude that Jack  is the second mafia team. Am I missing something?

Yes, that's not what Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist said:

In the opening post, I state that no alignments outside of the listed ones may exist. Pirates are not explicitly listed as an alignment. However...

(Very Rare, Requires Large Game) The other scumteam may take up any villainous-sounding factional name. They share the same rules and win condition as the Mafia - and yes, they will need to fight the Mafia in order to achieve their win condition, and vice versa, because it turns out this town isn't big enough for two groups of murderers.

The only way for Pirate to be an alignment would be for it to be a scumteam alignment.

He said if an alignment called Pirates exist, they would be scum, which is not at all the same as confirming that there are two scum teams, one of which is called Pirates.
Yes, Most Esteemifying Hector, but I believe that between the claims of Imp, Egan and Toonyman, we have enough reason to believe that they actually exist.

I feel kind of mean saying this, especially when Jack included me in possible recruits list(which I appreciate), but I do not see any reason why we Jack should not be the D1 lynch. I cannot understand why Webadict thinks Jack is town. I mean, he literally admitted that pirates was supposed to be red in his PM. There are other possibilities, but they are not likely enough to be true to warrant not eliminating Jack today.

Oh sweet, more talking to do

Are you willing to take this as an answer?
That Imp's posts and "Posting Restriction" is very annoying to read and decipher? (Admittedly not the best I am already tired of how Imp writes)
That Egan barely does anything other than comment on the recent happenings and more focused on trying to make a RTD inside Mafia?
That Euchre seems very quick to insult (Would add something but already forgotten)
Apologies that I can't seem to come up with more concrete evidence, most of this is flying over my head
Euchre seems quick to insult? Do you miss his pirate king claim? Or do you believe he is a jester?

For now I want to hear what sofanthiel has to say. What are your thoughts about the Jack bandwagon?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 17, 2023, 06:24:18 am »

I have requested that Fallacy mod kill me. I just can't continue with this farce. You can then all see what really happened, and move on with the game. And I won't have to deal with this shit anymore.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 17, 2023, 06:57:05 am »

...Anyway, I would like to request that, if not too inconvenient, any chosen player not be hammered until number for hammer plummets down to seven, and upon day end, at time of execution, only be voted by seven players maximum.

As for why, it grants a benefit which will be obvious soon after we do that.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 17, 2023, 07:00:26 am »

After absorbing the synopsis kindly provided by NQT a few pages ago, I can conclude that I might have bitten slightly more than I could chew.  Not to say this isn't fun; only that, y'know, it's tough to form an opinion on anything whatsoever, especially when I have to split my attention between two activities that both require nigh-full dedication.
perhaps you’d like to join us and follow the advice Esteemed Lenglon and I gave Esteemed The Canadian kitten?
While I would usually simply read through your post history, I doubt that will be a viable option for me here.  I hope you don't mind repeating said piece of advice, thank you very much. :D

Huh, so, it's okay if you do it, but not others.
I did so before it was established that such an act was considered a scumtell; you, on the other hand, already had that knowledge.
If my role PM is anything to go by, this game seems exponentially more complex than that. :P
What the above touches on is no secret, but I don't see a world in which your request for me to clarify specifically what that statement was referring to is not rolefishing.

So... my read ends with thinking you intend to coast into D2, that that's your strat.  Others can scumhunt, others can work.  You'll just take what looks good, and play, and look boldly heroic where it's not clearly work at all.
Honestly, hoping I survive until there is a more manageable number of participants is, as much as it sucks, probably the main path forward I see.

Here's what I understand so far:
EJ had some conflict with hector, web, and Toony over the existence of pirates, which resulted in a bandwagon.  I believe Jack might've slipped, hoping that we would think that pirates are a town-aligned role (because why else would EJ reveal himself so early on, hm?), thus letting him download movies uncontested.
Leng wants to lynch all those who contribute little... like Knightwing, TCk, and others, to which I say, "Down with the lurkers!"... Yeah, haha, totes...
Imp confirmed the existence of pirates, revealing that he has hidden information, which was contested by Egan, whose messages I need to analyze more.  I definitely think that Imp's contribution at least makes him oppose pirates, but doesn't necessarily make him town, as there may be other mafia teams.

The issue is that usually I can just re-read everything relevant to assess the accuracy of what's stored in my memory.  This time, however, I doubt any amount of staring at my monitor will help.

What do you think of that read?

What do you think about making that impression?

What are you going to do?
I think you definitely tried to spin the situation you focused on in your favor, which isn't a good look, though it's also not something I can really blame you for.  The rest is not super inaccurate, even though that pains me to admit.

'Tis a shame, and I'm not proud of my performance, but what can ya do?  Oh, wait, I can improve it.  I'll definitely try, and you can definitely definitely expect a lot more from me on the weekdays.

Guess pressing on Max with my one vote is as fruitless a task as changing the earth's trajectory by jumping on a trampoline.  Regardless, I have plans to use my ability when the time comes, which is going to be the center point of my playstyle during this game.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 17, 2023, 08:22:50 am »

I have requested that Fallacy mod kill me. I just can't continue with this farce. You can then all see what really happened, and move on with the game. And I won't have to deal with this shit anymore.

WAIT JACK NOOOOOO

I believe you

Also Jesus is it just timezones or do you people not sleep

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 17, 2023, 08:28:24 am »

Toony chill out with Jack, you’re just being mean :(

Tbh I don’t really believe Jack is scum, and I don’t want to vote them. I know it’s like to be hounded on *cough Lenglon cough* for a honest mistake or something of the like and all I can read from Jack says that they are being sincere, I believe.

Anyways, this probably won’t convince anyone, but just wanted to input my 2 cents.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 17, 2023, 08:32:22 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> EuchreJack       --4-- BlackHeartKabal*, ToonyMan*, Egan_BW*, notquitethere*,
-> Imp              --4-- The Canadian kitten*, Elephant Parade*, Maximum Spin*, Crystalizedmire*,
-> sofanthiel       --4-- hector13*, EuchreJack*, Imp*, Secretdorf*,
The Canadian kitten --2-- Lenglon*, webadict*,
Egan_BW             --1-- Jim Groovester*,
Maximum Spin        --1-- sofanthiel*,
BlackHeartKabal     --0--
Crystalizedmire     --0--
Elephant Parade     --0--
hector13            --0--
Jim Groovester      --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
Lenglon             --0--
notquitethere       --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
webadict            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --1-- Knightwing64,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on December 18, 2023 at 20:00 Central Standard Time (~36 hours remaining).

NOTE: In the event of a tie, no one has determined what happens.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 17, 2023, 08:56:42 am »

I refuse to let you die that easily, Euchre.  Mostly because I think anyone voting for you has chosen the route where they don't want to think about things.  I don't know why anyone would want to play this game if they didn't want to psychoanalyze player profiles, but I can judge them for not listening to people.

Toony chill out with Jack, you’re just being mean :(

Tbh I don’t really believe Jack is scum, and I don’t want to vote them. I know it’s like to be hounded on *cough Lenglon cough* for a honest mistake or something of the like and all I can read from Jack says that they are being sincere, I believe.

Anyways, this probably won’t convince anyone, but just wanted to input my 2 cents.
No, Knightwing, you are correct.  Look at how ToonyMan has been acting:  It is unnecessarily aggressive towards EuchreJack.  ToonyMan isn't going to change votes here, and he has a case against EuchreJack, but it comes at the express disadvantage of everyone else.  He's just trying to squeeze EuchreJack for more evidence to use against EuchreJack, when I think he should always be using his position to determine how right or wrong he is.

EuchreJack doesn't need to be pushed any further, because he's not currently doing anything wrong (other than talking to ToonyMan and co.)  He has a case because he did something that could be perceived as wrong if you think less of others and assume that people don't play as well as you do.

@BlackHeartKabal:  I don't turn down targets because of wine.  I turn down targets because I think about things.  I don't think EuchreJack is scum, and I think that if you're wrong, you shouldn't be allowed to talk for the rest of the game.  I legitimately don't know why anyone would think someone would not realize they're Mafia, ask people if they want to join the Mafia, and then realize they're the Mafia, other than that you think that EuchreJack is a terrible player.  It's borderline a disrespectful conclusion, and the way people continue to treat EuchreJack because of that conclusion is worse.

I understand voting EuchreJack.  I do.  But, why would anyone need to post this other than to get an annoyed reaction?
I see, the lalalala I'm not listening lalalala~ defense.
There isn't one.  The conclusion is locked in.  It always will be because it relies on a past event.  I just don't think that EuchreJack is that dumb.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 17, 2023, 08:59:44 am »

It seems like Euchre Jack is getting mod killed(my previous reason for not voting them is that I didn't want them to have a meltdown) so I'm going to stick with my vote on Imp. Also, can someone recap why we are voting sofanthiel?
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 17, 2023, 09:01:21 am »

spin
Not happening.  Please choose someone else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 17, 2023, 09:03:42 am »

It seems like Euchre Jack is getting mod killed(my previous reason for not voting them is that I didn't want them to have a meltdown) so I'm going to stick with my vote on Imp. Also, can someone recap why we are voting sofanthiel?
Mostly, it is a pressure vote for content.

I was not really impressed by Canadian kitten's responses, so I would rather vote them.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 17, 2023, 10:34:42 am »

But you are already voting him. Besides, I genuinely think that Canadian Kitten is just overwhelmed and not scum this time
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 17, 2023, 10:53:32 am »

But you are already voting him. Besides, I genuinely think that Canadian Kitten is just overwhelmed and not scum this time
Perhaps.  But, I need them to bring their own musings before they are voted, and not afterward.  And perhaps they'll continue to talk if I keep voting them!  I don't want people to lurk.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 17, 2023, 11:29:10 am »

@Jack:
I'm going to get really mean and say FoU messed up coloring Pirate because it's your alignment, which is mafia. This is why you got so pissy around here towards everyone. I don't believe you would have gotten upset like this if you were Town. It sucks and there's ways to blame people about making mistakes, but I don't want to get into that.
Why did you react like this in the part I linked? What were you mad about specifically? Which players (or FoU) were you mad at the most? Why?
I would still like an answer to this.

Asking to get modkilled is dumb and doesn't help anything.

---

I agree with Lenglon's suspicion of Canadian Kitten. Lenglon's case on Kitten is reasonable.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 207