Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79092 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #360 on: December 16, 2023, 09:50:21 am »

Is Lurkertrack borked, reads me as being active an hour ago.

To go with the game, Roll to Vote the GM Egan_BW

To Jack, pretty sure you're town. Recruit me, every good Pirate needs a Dragon. If you're mafia I will nibble on you though.

Ninja. (I already read it, but it does line up with it so thanks. Other than the Imp post. I'd lean null on them for now.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 16, 2023, 09:52:50 am »

Is Lurkertrack borked, reads me as being active an hour ago.
Looks like a bug in how it calculates time.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 16, 2023, 09:58:44 am »

Jack is actually very likely to be Town, and I would be willing to explain it in 12 hours.  Is that fair?  I'm merely looking to see who will vote Egan_BW with me, either because they believe that I am Town, or because they believe that Egan_BW is scum.
I believe you're town but can you please tell me why you think Egan_BW is scum. I think it is because they posted an rtd in the thread and because they know how the teams are coloured?
Hey, Crystal, how much work would you like to do?  I see you're being a bit defensive, and I think that it does make you look a bit more suspicious, so if you wanted, it would make you look good if you either went on the attack against someone (Perhaps Imp?  While this looks like OMGUS, I think if there's reason that you might be suspicious of them, it's fine to bend a bit of the Mafia faux pas) OR you could give a brief synopsis on how you feel about all the players so far!  I plan to do that rather shortly, but I was hoping that NQT would post since I hadn't heard much from him.

Oh, and, last question:  Do you think any of Egan_BW, Lenglon, or ToonyMan might be Mafia?
I don't have an opinion on everyone so I'm going to list the ones I have:
Egan: Already voting
Maximum Spin: Still seems a bit scummy but he's Maximum Spin
BlackheartKabal: Seems townie to me
Webadict: Already said
Imp: A bit suspicious because of the fact she knows the team colours and the "bad guys" yet thinks me and Maximum spin are scum because of it
Toony and Lenglon: see below
I'm already voting Egan so I'm going to say that Toonyman seems more suspicious than Lenglon because I personally read Lenglon as town because they seem to be trying to help town. Also because of the fact that Toonyman uses the defense that because he's never lied about being miller before, therefore they aren't lying right now.
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 16, 2023, 10:19:23 am »

I believe you're town but can you please tell me why you think Egan_BW is scum. I think it is because they posted an rtd in the thread and because they know how the teams are coloured?

[...]

I don't have an opinion on everyone so I'm going to list the ones I have:
Egan: Already voting
Maximum Spin: Still seems a bit scummy but he's Maximum Spin
BlackheartKabal: Seems townie to me
Webadict: Already said
Imp: A bit suspicious because of the fact she knows the team colours and the "bad guys" yet thinks me and Maximum spin are scum because of it
Toony and Lenglon: see below
I'm already voting Egan so I'm going to say that Toonyman seems more suspicious than Lenglon because I personally read Lenglon as town because they seem to be trying to help town. Also because of the fact that Toonyman uses the defense that because he's never lied about being miller before, therefore they aren't lying right now.
I like your answers because they don't feel like they came from anyone else, though it does feel like you're taking my word for things a little too much, but that's really only a bad thing for you if I'm scum.

I do have an answer for Egan_BW, but I'm currently asking FoU some questions before I post all the reasons.  The RTD thing is actually a solid reason for voting Egan, though, but that reasoning is more along the lines of Egan wasting valuable resources on something that has no real benefit, which is only a slight scumlean to me.  I think Egan_BW dislikes Day 1, and doing something silly like that feels like something they might do as Town, if maybe to a lesser extent.

I don't like that it distracts from the goal of voting out scum, though, and I don't like that we use our limited amounts of able-to-care-about-the-game on that, but, again, low-tier crimes on Day 1.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 16, 2023, 10:27:03 am »

Too many replies and questions aaaaaaaa
I lack the brainpower to process this many players
I've never been more in the same boat with anybody ever.  There's simply too much stuff for me to properly comprehend/keep track of: the pirates, the game within a game, some of the powers on the table (that include shooting players for voting, erasing anyone's abilities, immortality, et cetera), and, of no less importance, there's 18 people!  Have you in your life seen that many people in a one room?  Another one of the countless wonders of the internet...
I've been moderately able to keep tabs exclusively on the people I knew prior to the game because my processors were already melting from the inside during the IN phase.

This seems impossibly direct if so, but my broadcast-to-scum ability made it clear that scum teams (including mafia) in this case may think they want to target someone they don't know who is.  So maybe coincidence, but putting on record.
scum teams want to target someone they don't know who is.
...What?  Are you saying that mafia will target someone whose alignment isn't known?  If so, why?  If not, please rephrase the above statement, as I'm having a little trouble understanding what you're trying to convey. :)

What were you thinking about and referring to when you said this?
I deliberately chose to omit such details; asking me to elaborate seems like an attempt to fish out my role.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 16, 2023, 10:34:31 am »

Known factors can be evaluated. Unknown factors can screw you over. It's why I expect no one will shoot me. They might, but that's just fine too.

Webadict hitting me with power removal meanwhile, will probably cause me to coast in the background. No matter my alignment, not much I can do then but work towards wincon. (I'm aware I'm being ambiguous, I do that. Does probably clear me from being mafia? Or is it WIFOM?)

Just pile more pressure on Egan, we'll see when the door cracks.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 16, 2023, 10:54:08 am »

Egan is currently at 7 votes they're not online right now so we probably have to wait a while to get a response from them
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 16, 2023, 11:47:08 am »

Just a note in the future, EuchreJack:  Please don't post so much when you're stressed out.  It makes defending you so much harder when I can't find the information I need!

TL;CRTF: EuchreJack isn't on a team, he wouldn't claim to be Mafia if he was aware he was Mafia, he was pushed to a breaking point, he gave out information that should probably get him modkilled, and honestly, we can just have Jim shoot him if people are actually worried, which is reasonable to be, but it's far more reasonable to be worried about EuchreJack if you're Mafia because there's definitely a Mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 16, 2023, 11:53:18 am »

@FallacyofUrist:

Could I get a generic role PM for Town, Mafia, and... oh... Hunter posted in the game?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 16, 2023, 12:22:22 pm »

Probably not going to shoot Captain EuchreJack Sparrow even if he and everybody else wants me to.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 16, 2023, 12:41:57 pm »

As I wonder who is watching the watchers, I became terrified that there is a chance that webadict was converted to Pirate upon entering a pirate chat with Euchrejack.  Here's why:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also see a fairly strong change of playstyle from both webadict and Euchrejack around this post.

Could there be something unique about Webadict allowed him to be recruitable in ways others are not, which might be part of the uniqueness that allowed him to maybe be pulled into that Piratechat? 
---

More focus for/on my concerns about Crystalizedmire:

And also, I did not know about the bad guys thing, I promise I wasn't lying about genuinely thinking that Maximum Spin was being genuine

Game had started about 12.5 hours before you said "I genuinely thought that maximum spin was being genuine when he said that they believe that imp is mafia".

Why would you think anyone voting that early into a game like this, when I've made 1 post before Max votes me and I've made 2 posts before you vote him for 'discrediting me'. and made 5 posts before you back totally off the idea, "I can't believe I genuinely thought..."

I can't either.  With other RVS votes being thrown and so early into the game, you'd need a reason to think Max really thought I was Mafia.  One being, you see a good reason in your own scumchat.  The other being something else in your own head, I don't know what.  I don't know if you can or will tell me.  But I have a large curiosity and considerable concern about the nature of your thoughts and reasons why you thought at that time that Max seriously thought I was Mafia.

Details:

My 1st post, 46th post made in the game. #185, about 8 hours into the game. 

Max votes me, 53rd post made in the game. #192, about 30 minutes after my first post. 

My 2nd post, where I go 'oh snap, I messed up that bad?  Okay, time to reveal' #208, about 11.5 hours after game start. 
Crystalizedmire votes Max, "Maximum Spin trying to discredit Imp is pretty scummy." #211, about 40 minutes after my 2nd post.

15 mins later, Max challenges Crystalizedmire, #215, "Was sofanthiel trying to discredit me by voting me earlier? Was Lenglon trying to discredit Jim?"

Crystalizedmire answers "I can't believe I genuinely thought that maximum spin was being genuine when he said that they believe that imp is mafia. Oh well, I guess claiming protector and miller is still a little suspicious".  #221, about 20 minutes later.  I can't link to where this is explained, hasn't been explained yet that I see.

...What?  Are you saying that mafia will target someone whose alignment isn't known?  If so, why?  If not, please rephrase the above statement, as I'm having a little trouble understanding what you're trying to convey. :)

Simple and clear, I hope:  My role DM has an ability that was quoted to all the scum teams existing at start of play.  In it they are told if an SK or Pirate or Mafia alignment kills the person with this ability then good stuff happens for the killer, and also the name of the ability basically paraphrases to: Villains Prevail.

So I think they would be looking for the person with that ability, and I don't believe they were told that person's alignment - but they also know all scumteams existing at start of play know that ability too.  It kind of says but I didn't catch it, I'm not seeing it 'from inside a scum team'.  But I was told directly when I asked that any scumteams existing at start of play got that ability quoted, so I am sure that is true for those specific scumteams.

---

So much fear makes it harder to dream, if only we could see clear.  But even fear can spin into a story, maybe even can shape it true.

The first working radar system consisted of six wooden towers, two to transmit and four to receive.  Watson-Watt and Wilkins set up the experiment and demonstrated they could detect their test bomber, leading to the 1936 purchase of Bawdsey Manor Estate in England so they could continue to stably test and develop.  Maybe this can help us find town's enemies, and maybe they can kill most of each other off while we pick off whatever we can.  Or maybe the first working radar system can even help us find how we can know who watches the watchers.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 16, 2023, 12:45:05 pm »

EBWOP: edit is bold

Why would you think anyone voting that early into a game like this, when I've made 1 post before Max votes me and I've made 2 posts before you vote him for 'discrediting me'. And Max only made made 5 posts before you back totally off the idea, "I can't believe I genuinely thought..."
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 16, 2023, 12:45:40 pm »

@Webadict:
@Toony:  Hm, perhaps the hat is an alignment changer?  I have reason to believe that alignments might be mutable.
There's no way Jack is currently Town on Day 1, right now. I don't have a reason to believe alignments can change, and I don't want that to be a mechanic, but I can't say anything that disproves it.

@Imp:
ToonyMan
And yes, I'm busted. Please nerf.
I meant to list this among those with possible problems they might be asking for help with in my first post.  Adding you to the list now, but were you joking?  What do you mean by 'I'm busted.  Please nerf."?
Knightwing said he thinks me and Webadict are busted in mafia. I don't think this is a problem worth fixing, so I'm joking about being nerfed. Don't nerf my mafia play.

@Jim:
Arrr, shiver me boots Jack. What say we both vote the Navy Officer Jim Groovester an' let the man shoot one of us to see our REAL colors? If he shoots me, then you'll see I'm town and yer definitely pirate scum. If he shoots you, then, well, we'll see how red you really are and can find more mafia instead today. Maybe we'll even get more self-admissions, like fish in a barrel!
But, ToonyMan, what if I did shoot you right here and now? You make a very reasonable case for shooting you even if Jack doesn't join in on voting me. Solving two slots with one shot is better utility than most vig kills.
You'll have to shoot me if Jack doesn't vote you, so I probably am sacrificing myself here because Jack is scum and won't vote you. Then we lynch Jack Sparrow today instead of whoever the heck Webadict wants because he is wrong.

---

24 hour reads:

Imp is definitely town. They have put the most amount of effort into this game, and their posts look extremely independent. They're at least not mafia (or pirate).
Knightwing and Egan are probably town. I think Knightwing is acting like how they would as town, and Egan wouldn't participate like this if they weren't town. Egan knowing that Pirate is red doesn't bother me. I think Webadict is dumb and wrong, but maybe his read of Egan is better.
Tric is either town or SK.

Jim might be town. I trust them more than the other big three because he's willing to shoot me for the greater good. I think you could argue that Mafia wouldn't want Jack to die so soon, so having Jack survive today could benefit them more.
Webadict is either being really dumb or something, but that can't be true because he's picking up on really subtle things so he's 100% paying attention to stuff. Maybe town, maybe not.
Max and Hector I don't trust but I can't say they're scummy.

I have no opinion on anyone else, this includes: Crystal, NQT, Lenglon, Cat, SecretDorf, Sofanthiel, BlackHeart, Elephant Parade.

My guess? Mafia are in there.

---

TL;CRTF: EuchreJack isn't on a team, he wouldn't claim to be Mafia if he was aware he was Mafia, he was pushed to a breaking point, he gave out information that should probably get him modkilled, and honestly, we can just have Jim shoot him if people are actually worried, which is reasonable to be, but it's far more reasonable to be worried about EuchreJack if you're Mafia because there's definitely a Mafia.
I agree that Jack isn't Mafia. However, I don't think he should survive today because he is a Pirate and still scum. Letting him survive is just incorrect. Whether that means being shot by Jim or voted off today. I really really think it's in our best interests to remove Jack today.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 16, 2023, 12:53:32 pm »

If it helps, I have what I consider to be very strong meta-reasons to believe that cults don't exist if Fallacy doesn't want to be punched.

That's all.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 16, 2023, 01:02:33 pm »

If it helps, I have what I consider to be very strong meta-reasons to believe that cults don't exist if Fallacy doesn't want to be punched.

That's all.
Good.

---

I literally know Pirates are a kind of mafia because they're red in my role, just like how a mafia team would be displayed. If Jim shoots me it will show up in my role flip as the Auto ability I have and then everyone will know and not just Imp and Egan. Imp is seeing the same thing I'm seeing here, I think they're being very genuine. Egan I'm not as sure about, but they at least know too so maybe it's something in their role as well. I don't think Egan is claiming they know the Pirate is Red thing specifically because they're Mafia, but probably because of something inside their role, like with me or Imp.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 207