Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 78989 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #405 on: December 16, 2023, 02:40:33 pm »

@FallacyofUrist:

Could I get a generic role PM for Town, Mafia, and... oh... Hunter posted in the game?

Sure.

Playername:

blah blah blah friendly flavor text

more flavor you're Town

Role Name (Town)
(Night) Example [target]: Flavor. Does nothing.

Playername:

oh you're soooo evil plotting scheming flavor text

more flavor you're Mafia

Role Name (Mafia)
(Night) Example [target]: Flavor. Does nothing.

Scumchat.
Playername:

you know you really really just hate one faction in particular flavor text

more flavor you're Hunter

more flavor more flavor, the team you're hunting is the Town

Role Name (Hunter)
(Night) Example [target]: Flavor. Still does nothing.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 16, 2023, 02:42:57 pm »

So hunters can possibly have any faction as their hunt target?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 16, 2023, 02:48:06 pm »

So hunters can possibly have any faction as their hunt target?

A Hunter can have any faction selected as their target except for Hunter.

That would be a paradox.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 16, 2023, 02:53:26 pm »

Hey Max, maybe there's a Pirate-Hunter and a Mafia-Hunter?
I think that's very supposable, yes. I don't think there would be two of any one kind, though, since they're not described as grouped.

Someone did mention having the color of "Serial Killer" in the PM too, but I forgot whom. There could be SKs, and maybe even an SK-hunter. Although with all the colors listed in the OP, that could have been a bluff.

Considering who would want to vote for a claimed pirate-miller: Town and pirate-hunters, certainly, if they don't believe the miller claim, but also any other mafia team; AND very likely real pirates if they do believe the miller claim. I also wonder about the existence of pirate-allies, as mentioned.

Fallacy: How about one for a hypothetical pirate-ally?

Also, Unvote for now.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 16, 2023, 02:58:03 pm »

As I wonder if I watch someone watching the watchers, I find I have several comments, enough to disturb the calm stillness between my dreams.

I claim town inspecting as town, period.

It was Egan_BW who claimed:

One of my abilities lists a couple alignments. Town is green, mafia and pirates are red, and hunter is blue. So pirates are a second scum team.

I stated this in response to that:

I confirm that I see the colors green, red, and navy in my PM.  I do not specifically know anything about Egan_BW, and I would not (and did not) not use the word 'hunter' for describing those navy folks.  Serial Killer is what I understand navy to mean.  Navy is a shade of blue.  I don't know anything about 'blue' itself or about 'hunters'.  But if I can find out who watches the watchers, maybe I will know more then.

I don't know what happens to town if there is a hunter... yes I do.  Referring to OP:

The Town must eliminate every anti-Town player and have at least one living Town player to win. Anti-Town players are any players that have win conditions directly opposed to the Town.

The Town must eliminate every anti-Town player and have at least one living Town player to win. Anti-Town players are any players that have win conditions directly opposed to the Town. A Mafia player would be anti-Town, but a Survivor would not be.

As near as I can quess, a Pirate-hunter does not interfere with Town's win, and probably leaves play with the last pirate... or their last target.

FallacyofUrist - Does a Pirate-hunter leave play when the last Pirate dies?  Does the survival of any Pirate-miller that are actually town affect the wincon of a Pirate-hunter, should one exist?

However, my fear of the chance that Webadict is indeed now a Pirate convert remains.  A pirate convert needs a Pirate-hunter dead, I think, and I know I'm not that hunter.  Egan claims knowledge of hunter and the color blue.  I think Egan may be that hunter.  And I see Webadict driving pressure or maybe a true hammer onto Egan.  I am not sure of this.  But I'm scared.

I'd like more distance between that hammer until we finish discussing this, because what if some of our rare posters jump in with votes?  But we need 3, and that may be safe.  We can always finish a hammer, and if not hammer, we have plenty of time to shift votes around.

ToonyMan, I'd be willing to switch, but I need you to choose a punishment if you're wrong.  I don't really care what you pick, but I need you to understand that EuchreJack is definitely teamless based on how he's acting.  That does not mean that he might not be a Mafia team, but if he's Town, I require a sacrifice from you, to show that you're 100% on this.

I wonder if ToonyMan's possibly mafia miller to look like Pirate.  No idea if that's even possible.

I also think EuchreJack is more likely town or pirate-ally than actual Pirate.  I wanted web to scrub him, and I don't think a dead EuchreJack fixes our pirate problem.  EuchreJack has repeatedly claimed things happen to the pirates after his death/if he's dead.  But I don't think his death stops their recruitment.  I have abilities that are not stopped by my death, and if Jack as non-Pirate is to recruit 3 pirates... I think they're getting recruited and the scrub if scrub is the only cure.  However, I'm guessing, this is not something I claim to know, and I am terrified still that webadict is in fact already recruited Pirate.  I don't know that, and I see Webadict's 'after my statement of terror' claim to be immune to conversion.  He did imply it from before the possible conversion.  But a possibly converted Webadict is possibly not actually gonna scrub, and even if he did, he's possibly still a pirate convert.

Webadict, are you in Piratechat?  If so, what do you see there?

Known between Myself, Imp, and Egan
Jack is not town or even third-party

That's an attempted strikethrough on Imp.

I do not know if Egan knows anything about Jack.
But I state firmly and clearly that I do not know anything about Jack.  It would not surprise me at all if Jack is somehow town (cursed?  Fated to bring Pirates?) or pirate-ally but not themself pirate.

I remember some crazy game I read where there was a townie who was also a something else ally.  I never really understood that.

Point is - I do **not** know what Jack is.  But I know Pirates are red, and the idea of making three pirates freaks me out.

However, I'm town.  I would freak out the same if someone tried to make 3 Mafia.  I'd also freak out about making someone a Serial Killer.  Those are all my enemies.  And any who started play with a scumchat especially were told to find me 'ability name paraphrase for Villian Victory' and that certain types of baddies get a benefit if they are the one that kills me.  Those baddies are, in any order:  Serial Killers, Mafia, Pirates.  Serial Killers apparently didn't get given this bait (And again, my other abilities tell me that the Villian Victory isn't for my killer, but for their enemies... and it isn't clear that town's considered one of those 'enemies of my killer' to paraphrase again.

If Jack is a cultist leader, killing him would revert the rest. Or it might not, but it's not really the same issue as finding scum, and too many things going on to find them day 1. Jim should probably shoot within 24 hours anyway.

Jack, are you willing to get shot to clear up confusion for town? It would help us a lot.

Webadict:
so the point is that our role PMs only have the color of our alignments in them, and if EuchreJack got a role PM, then it only contained the green Town alignment.

Web: This is in line with what I'd thought you were talking about before. My question still stands - why not Imp? If Egan is scummy for knowing the color of pirates, why isn't Imp scummy for the same thing?

also what does this have to do with dorf?
Oh, right, I haven't posted my diatribe about why EJ is not scum, which included a bit about you.  I actually don't have a good answer to that, and I changed my mind about finding you suspicious.  I saw some reasonable points you made.  I guess I just don't really understand the case on Imp.

If you paid attention:  No one in Town received anything about a win condition.

OP says none of us get wincons.  Frankly I'm surprised if any of us got a wincon stated, because they're in the OP and I don't think anyone stating anything about wincons present or absent clears anything.

the win conditions will always be as stated.

Spoiler: Alignments (click to show/hide)

However, I'm super duper uper worried that Webadict made this huge case on Egan_BW about knowing colors, when every post I've made from my first knew colors and from my second post claimed to know them from my town role PM.  I don't understand how Webadict could claim to differentiate at all between Egan_BW and myself and still fear that Webadict entered Piratechat and converted, or something else weird and wrong is going on.

Again, may we back that hammer away from Egan_BW while we discuss? I for one am not ready for day end.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 16, 2023, 02:58:44 pm »

Toonyman, webadict: Which of you would agree to hypothetically thunderdome the other based on the result of a Jack flip? ie, if Jack is town we lynch ToonyMan, otherwise webadict?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 16, 2023, 03:06:53 pm »

Fallacy: How about one for a hypothetical pirate-ally?

Playername:

flavor flavor flavor yo ho ho grog and loot

more flavor you're Pirate-Ally

Role Name (Pirate-Ally)
(Night) Example [target]: Does nothing. Also, flavor.

Now that I think about it, and looking back over my list of alignments, Mafia-Ally should really be Mafia-Ally, so thank you for pointing that out.

It'll be changed in future games.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 16, 2023, 03:09:11 pm »

Re: Imp: Oh, okay, I see. I was getting confused. There are too many players for me, really.

I now believe there are hunters of at least those three kinds and your ability does something beneficial to the corresponding hunter of whoever kills you.

Fallacy: Who counts as a killer of Imp? Only the player who executes a kill ability that kills Imp? Even if the kill is redirected or copied or something?

Egan doesn't seem to be claiming pirate-hunter, but I'm still not voting him now that I have a clearer picture of the situation.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 16, 2023, 03:10:39 pm »

Followup: I now suspect ToonyMan is a Pirate-Hunter pirate-miller.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 16, 2023, 03:16:55 pm »

After Jack is dead if I am still alive then I will continue to be in this game and try to catch the Mafia that remain.

If Jim shoots Jack then I can even start catching them on D1.

If Jim shoots me then I better see Jack get lynched today or I will be mad. My alignment and role will be confirmed so you'll know I am not lying.
None of those are punishments for if Jack turns up Town.  There is the opposite where we shoot you, but if we shoot Jack first and he's Town, do we vote you out?
Jack isn't Town. This is an argument why Jim shooting me is better.

Toonyman, webadict: Which of you would agree to hypothetically thunderdome the other based on the result of a Jack flip? ie, if Jack is town we lynch ToonyMan, otherwise webadict?
I'm already thunderdoming Jack but he doesn't want to interact with me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 16, 2023, 03:20:47 pm »

@Imp:  ... I don't think interacting with you will get us anywhere because you continue to talk bout things that are potentially irrelevant at best, and I think I would be very mean to you.

That's a lose-lose for me, so not really?  Well, maybe more of a lose-semi-lose.  If Jack is a Pirate, then that's one down.  If Jack is Town, then that may not be.  ToonyMan's behavior isn't abnormal for someone that would be pretty dead-set on Jack being scum.  And, I would rather just Inspect ToonyMan during the Night.  I just want ToonyMan to admit how certain he is that Jack is not Town.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 16, 2023, 03:27:28 pm »

Plot points

- Jim's Role: players position themselves whether or not they're afraid to be daykilled by Jim
- Max hints at secret power not to die. As usual he's a miller which I doubt. I always find this guy shady though.
- Webadict claims the power to wipe someone out of continuity (we ought be skeptical, he's a well known fabricationist regardless of alignment)
- EuchreJack can get players to join his pirate crew. He can leave a hat when he dies.
- Toony is a pirate-miller. Miller claiming is very fashionable in contemporary Bay12 meta, but so is giving people miller roles, and the specificity of the pirate role makes it more believable. Either Toony is an actual pirate or he looks like one as he claims.
- Hector (aristocrat), Sofanthiel (computer), Egan (RTD) or Imp (historical allegories, "watching the watchers") may have posting restrictions. If Tric wasn't Tric, he could have one. I think he just chooses to write like that.
- Tric almost certainly submitted another dragon role
- Imp claims to help scum factions on death... which is an odd thing for town to claim. Ill thought out? Scum-aligned? Hoping for a doc? A trap? Regardless of 'correct play', it feels town to me.
- Canadian Kitten is a self-evolver. (I think this unnecessary level of candidness is town-indicative.)
- Egan is running an RTD. I'll play along:
Hero
- Egan says that Pirates are second scum team, and that there are hunter third parties.
- Fallacy over-clarifies that Pirates would be scum in the thread. EJ rows back and claims to be pirate-miller after all and then starts spiralling, insulting everyone in what has come to be known as the Jackening.
- Web tries to steer the game away from an EJ lynch. Imp later notices this and suggests Web might already be on the pirate crew. Very believable.
- Almost half the player-base are voting Egan for some reason I somehow managed to miss. Is it just because they don't like RTDs??

What did I miss?

EuchreJack is undoubtedly the "correct" option today. I think the inevitable EOD mass-panic-voting could well resolve on EJ. The only thing that speaks against him accidentally outing himself as some kind of cult leader is that we have meta reasons to doubt Fallacy would put in a cult. But in an 18 player game, a limited conversion power isn't busted, I could see it happening. The spiralling did seem believable as "oh shit I have just lost the game before it already starte and now I'm throwing a tantrum".

But the funnier thing would be to vote out the most likely conversion target, Webadict. He's a slippery character and it'd be good to resolve the slot sooner rather than later. Flipping Wuba clarifies his puzzling defence of EJ and should tell us more about piracy.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 16, 2023, 03:38:53 pm »

that we have meta reasons to doubt Fallacy would put in a cult. But in an 18 player game, a limited conversion power isn't busted, I could see it happening.
No, I have meta reasons to doubt that Fallacy would put in a cult which go beyond the number of players. I absolutely will not accept it unless proven. Even if Jack is a pirate, he is not a cultist.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 16, 2023, 03:49:09 pm »

Cult appears as a possible alignment in the OP.

The only thing that currently has me thinking it may not be in the game is that Esteemed Egan_BW and Esteemed Imp have not mentioned it as part of the rainbow in their role, but unless either of them can confirm they have an exhaustive list of alignments in the game, that tells us nothing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 16, 2023, 03:57:57 pm »

I feel like some of you are not getting what the word "I" means.

Look, it's an angle, but I'll explain if you really want.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 207