Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 78924 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #375 on: December 16, 2023, 01:16:31 pm »

@Imp:  You have it backwards.  The reason I asked was because my role cannot be affected by certain types of Actions, including gaining Abilities or Conditions.  Don't think about it too hard.  You also have a list of three people who didn't know what Pirate was as an alignment.

As for the Miller stuff, that was me saying that I don't claim my Miller status because I'd rather prove someone targeted me than not.  I might be a Miller.  I might not be a Miller.  There is no way to know for sure whether I am unless you Inspect me.

@ToonyMan:  My being dumb or not has nothing to do with my being Town.  EuchreJack is likely to be Town for a lot of reasons, but it is easily deduced that EuchreJack isn't on a team.  It's also likely that Mafia does exist.

If it makes you feel better, though, I don't want to go after you because I'm a Cop that can see past Miller Abilities. :)

@Maximum Spin:  My only reason that I said alignment changes might exist is that I'm immune to having my Alignment changed, but that could always be a bit of a red herring.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 16, 2023, 01:22:13 pm »

I don't see the relevance of what ToonyMan's saying, but I do consider it a law of the universe that a Jack that smiles back is probably scum, while a Jack that you really hope is scum so you can lynch him so he stops being obnoxious is always town.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 16, 2023, 01:23:09 pm »

Hi, wouldn't it be funny if I didn't have anything to say about all that wasted breath? Wuba thinks that my role having the alignment colors in it means I'm scum, which is dumb and needs to be reconsidered.

I'd post an RTD turn but it's too much effort.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 16, 2023, 01:27:24 pm »

I'd also skim back through the thread to see if any scumhunting can be done, but again, too much effort. Got a virtual tabletop RPG session soon.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 16, 2023, 01:30:36 pm »

Hi, wouldn't it be funny if I didn't have anything to say about all that wasted breath? Wuba thinks that my role having the alignment colors in it means I'm scum, which is dumb and needs to be reconsidered.

I'd post an RTD turn but it's too much effort.
No, that's not right.  It's the assumption that EuchreJack's role had red colors in it that makes you scum, but I can't prove that until Fallacy posts example PMs.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 16, 2023, 01:32:28 pm »

If it helps, I have what I consider to be very strong meta-reasons to believe that cults don't exist if Fallacy doesn't want to be punched.

That's all.
Good.

---

I literally know Pirates are a kind of mafia because they're red in my role, just like how a mafia team would be displayed. If Jim shoots me it will show up in my role flip as the Auto ability I have and then everyone will know and not just Imp and Egan. Imp is seeing the same thing I'm seeing here, I think they're being very genuine. Egan I'm not as sure about, but they at least know too so maybe it's something in their role as well. I don't think Egan is claiming they know the Pirate is Red thing specifically because they're Mafia, but probably because of something inside their role, like with me or Imp.

What is Jack mechanically if cults aren't in this game but he is scum? Solo mafia? Scum on a pirate mafia team?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 16, 2023, 01:39:04 pm »

@Egan_BW:  Why did you post this to EuchreJack?

I'll give you a reason to insult me then.

If your role says that you inspect as pirate, then you know that pirate is red. I think it's more likely that you knew that already and were just assuming that none of US knew.
It seems both counterintuitive and counterproductive to kick EuchreJack while he's freaking out like that, and I'm not sure how you could possibly know what EuchreJack received in an assumed scum PM unless you understood what a scum PM looked like.  I don't want to push rules or meta in this game, but you keep bringing it up, so the point is that our role PMs only have the color of our alignments in them, and if EuchreJack got a role PM, then it only contained the green Town alignment.  It's entirely possible that scum and third party PMs received slightly different information, such as a win condition (Like that all of the Town, Pirates, and Hunters must be dead to win) or another piece of information that wasn't given to Town, but I did not want to explain that because it is potentially rule-violating.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 16, 2023, 01:46:21 pm »

Because if his PM mentions the pirate alignment at all, then pirate is in color, like this:
"You inspect as the Pirate alignment."

And I poked EJ because I was annoyed that he didn't want to insult me, and to clarify my reason for voting him. He has an ability which says (something like) that, but pretended to not know that Pirates appear as a scum team, and just brazenly attempted to recruit said people to said SCUM TEAM.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 16, 2023, 01:49:38 pm »

Web: This is in line with what I'd thought you were talking about before. My question still stands - why not Imp? If Egan is scummy for knowing the color of pirates, why isn't Imp scummy for the same thing?

also what does this have to do with dorf?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 16, 2023, 01:54:43 pm »

If you want to think that me knowing that makes me scum, then fine. But KILLING EJ FIRST IS IMPORTANT HERE.
By his own claims, if you don't launch him day 1, then he'll recruit three players to his pirate-cult.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 16, 2023, 01:56:48 pm »

I'd also like to note that, based on my reading of the OP and impression of how Fallacy likes to color-code things, a Pirate-Ally or Pirate-Hunter would likely also be colored like that. Well, I made it maroon so Web won't yell at me like he did Tric.

This answers one of Lenglon's questions if you think about it hard enough.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 16, 2023, 02:06:31 pm »

I'd also like to note that, based on my reading of the OP and impression of how Fallacy likes to color-code things, a Pirate-Ally or Pirate-Hunter would likely also be colored like that. Well, I made it maroon so Web won't yell at me like he did Tric.

This is possibly true, but also I can't be sure about this one.  In FBYOR5, as a Mafia-ally, I was entirely colored Orange.

Web: This is in line with what I'd thought you were talking about before. My question still stands - why not Imp? If Egan is scummy for knowing the color of pirates, why isn't Imp scummy for the same thing?

also what does this have to do with dorf?
Oh, right, I haven't posted my diatribe about why EJ is not scum, which included a bit about you.  I actually don't have a good answer to that, and I changed my mind about finding you suspicious.  I saw some reasonable points you made.  I guess I just don't really understand the case on Imp.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 16, 2023, 02:06:41 pm »

Busy two days, but now catching up on the thread. Want to get a feel for the dynamics unfolding. Before I enter a flashback, here's an bold and exciting role claim:

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 16, 2023, 02:07:42 pm »

This is possibly true, but also I can't be sure about this one.  In FBYOR5, as a Mafia-ally, I was entirely colored Orange.
Yep, the OP makes Mafia-Allies orange and "Other-Allies" bicolor. I don't know for sure that it would sub in the color of the faction, but it seems like a Very Fallacy Thing to Do.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 16, 2023, 02:07:56 pm »

I just don't get what makes this:
One of my abilities lists a couple alignments. Town is green, mafia and pirates are red, and hunter is blue. So pirates are a second scum team.
a bigger problem than this:

Crystalizedmire:
It seems like pirates has a convert role and are most likely cults:
This could be, but if so they really revealed a lot early.  Stuff that probably didn't help their actual wincons, if the people revealing it didn't either 1) have to and 2) were talking about themself and not trying to set up for other stuff.  So I hugely wonder about why and how we can find out.  Since in my dreams Pirates were red, I do think they are scum and must die, converters or any other kind of scum.

I do wonder if we know there is conversion or if we guess and run with guesses.  I also know I do not not not want to be converted myself.

We should, based on what I have been told, treat that as equivalent to EuchreJack offering to nominate folks into the mafia team - it's just the other scumteam, if that is what red means.  Based on the wording of my PM, it is also possible that there are scum teams that do not yet exist, or there may be more than 2.

They seem like the same reveal to me.

Max: Dorf had only made two tiny posts before Web called him out:
Spoiler: here they are (click to show/hide)
I don't see anything about being a hunter or knowing the colors or whatever in that. The most noteworthy things I saw were a misquote that looked like he broke the formatting tags by accident, him proposing a candidate phrasing for a mafia wincon, and him coloring the word goodwill green for unknown reasons.

I get your implication that Secretdorf might be a pirate-hunter, but I don't see the logic behind it as of when Web called him out. Did I miss a post or something?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 207