Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79077 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #390 on: December 16, 2023, 02:11:32 pm »

No, I'm implying Imp is a Pirate-Hunter.

I wasn't going to just openly reveal this, but it just feels obvious given the implication of being a town-aligned third-party, like you in Web's Supernatural, so it seems like anyone would get it eventually.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 16, 2023, 02:15:05 pm »

If you want to think that me knowing that makes me scum, then fine. But KILLING EJ FIRST IS IMPORTANT HERE.
By his own claims, if you don't launch him day 1, then he'll recruit three players to his pirate-cult.
Okay, I understand this reasoning...

But, you do realize this means you're definitely not Town, right?

@Lenglon:  "Also, Jack, did the PM not have the mafia wincon, you win if pirates outnumber town and other mafia is eliminated, or something like that?"

If you paid attention:  No one in Town received anything about a win condition.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 16, 2023, 02:15:47 pm »

Based on the wording of my PM, it is also possible that there are scum teams that do not yet exist, or there may be more than 2.
To speculate further, I'd guess that Imp's wincon says something like "You win if the (colored)Pirates lose, even if any other mafia team, if any exist, wins."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 16, 2023, 02:17:29 pm »

Hey Max, maybe there's a Pirate-Hunter and a Mafia-Hunter?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 16, 2023, 02:17:40 pm »

What is Jack mechanically if cults aren't in this game but he is scum? Solo mafia? Scum on a pirate mafia team?
I can only speculate the game setup. My speculation is that Jack is the only Pirate, and he gets other players into his Pirate chat, but they would not be actual scum Pirates (but would now inspect as Pirates, by his own admission), thus masking who the true Pirate is, in this case, Jack.

My role is presumably to muddy the waters by having another player that always inspects as Pirate. Jack would not want a player like me in their chat in the first place, because I already am cover for him, among other in-game reasons that have occurred in thread so far.

I can also list some logic:

Facts
Jack admits he is a Pirate
There can be other Mafia-factions in large games that have malicious sounding names in red

Known between Myself, Imp, and Egan
Pirate is Red
Jack is not town or even third-party

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 16, 2023, 02:19:32 pm »

I don't understand anything Max or Web are stating. I think most of what they've said has been wrong.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 16, 2023, 02:22:42 pm »

I'll be honest, I just don't want to play your game anymore Egan. What are the chances you're not a third party?

If Jack is a cultist leader, killing him would revert the rest. Or it might not, but it's not really the same issue as finding scum, and too many things going on to find them day 1. Jim should probably shoot within 24 hours anyway.

Toony is probably Hunter, Jack is probably Pirate. Hunter wins when Pirates are eliminated? Jim shooting Toony would then result in Jack getting lynched, winning them the game. (Theirs anyway. We'll still here.)

Jack, are you willing to get shot to clear up confusion for town? It would help us a lot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 16, 2023, 02:24:24 pm »

ToonyMan, I'd be willing to switch, but I need you to choose a punishment if you're wrong.  I don't really care what you pick, but I need you to understand that EuchreJack is definitely teamless based on how he's acting.  That does not mean that he might not be a Mafia team, but if he's Town, I require a sacrifice from you, to show that you're 100% on this.

You're confused by us because neither of us have seen the existence of a Pirate alignment, and it makes sense from your perspective if you have.

I'll be honest, I just don't want to play your game anymore Egan. What are the chances you're not a third party?

If Jack is a cultist leader, killing him would revert the rest. Or it might not, but it's not really the same issue as finding scum, and too many things going on to find them day 1. Jim should probably shoot within 24 hours anyway.

Toony is probably Hunter, Jack is probably Pirate. Hunter wins when Pirates are eliminated? Jim shooting Toony would then result in Jack getting lynched, winning them the game. (Theirs anyway. We'll still here.)

Jack, are you willing to get shot to clear up confusion for town? It would help us a lot.
I would be willing to have EuchreJack be shot by Jim Groovester to clear everything up.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 16, 2023, 02:26:47 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Egan_BW          --7-- webadict*, EuchreJack*, Secretdorf*, Maximum Spin*, Jim Groovester*, TricMagic*, Crystalizedmire*,
Jim Groovester      --2-- BlackHeartKabal*, ToonyMan*,
Crystalizedmire     --1-- Imp*,
Elephant Parade     --1-- notquitethere*,
EuchreJack          --1-- Egan_BW*,
Maximum Spin        --1-- sofanthiel*,
BlackHeartKabal     --0--
hector13            --0--
Imp                 --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
Lenglon             --0--
notquitethere       --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
sofanthiel          --0--
The Canadian kitten --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
TricMagic           --0--
webadict            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --5-- Elephant Parade*, hector13*, Knightwing64, Lenglon*, The Canadian kitten,

10 to Hammer. Day ends on December 18, 2023 at 20:00 Central Standard Time (~54 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 16, 2023, 02:31:00 pm »

I'm not a Hunter and I don't care if people think I am.

ToonyMan, I'd be willing to switch, but I need you to choose a punishment if you're wrong.  I don't really care what you pick, but I need you to understand that EuchreJack is definitely teamless based on how he's acting.  That does not mean that he might not be a Mafia team, but if he's Town, I require a sacrifice from you, to show that you're 100% on this.
As long as I'm alive I will desire Jack's death. Because I am Town and know he is a Pirate.

After Jack is dead if I am still alive then I will continue to be in this game and try to catch the Mafia that remain.

If Jim shoots Jack then I can even start catching them on D1.

If Jim shoots me then I better see Jack get lynched today or I will be mad. My alignment and role will be confirmed so you'll know I am not lying.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 16, 2023, 02:31:31 pm »

Unvote
No hammers today.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 16, 2023, 02:34:09 pm »

Some other thoughts...

I feel like Mafia would be voting nobody or Egan right now.

This makes me feel a little better about BlackHeart, NQT, and Sofanthiel.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 16, 2023, 02:37:47 pm »

Will take that with a grain of salt since Imp is also in that list.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 16, 2023, 02:38:19 pm »

After Jack is dead if I am still alive then I will continue to be in this game and try to catch the Mafia that remain.

If Jim shoots Jack then I can even start catching them on D1.

If Jim shoots me then I better see Jack get lynched today or I will be mad. My alignment and role will be confirmed so you'll know I am not lying.
None of those are punishments for if Jack turns up Town.  There is the opposite where we shoot you, but if we shoot Jack first and he's Town, do we vote you out?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 16, 2023, 02:38:48 pm »

Web: I don't understand why a Pirate would even know about the existence of a Pirate-hunter except as a hypothetical. Egan mentioned Hunter unprompted. Therefore, I think Egan's straightforward claim of having an ability that references alignments is likely true.

Imp's claim is also likely true, because of the full context of the full claim. no need to quote the massive reveal post, we all seem to get why that is.

The Miller-claims are a problem for days 2 and 3, not day 1. Because reasons.

Secretdorf, as I said before, I'm working on a case against, but need more data before I'm prepared to present it. If you really want to jump the gun early we can though.

I do think Jack is the best option we currently have for a D1 lynch in terms of setup simplification, but I can't shake the feeling that his entire pirate crew are effectively Masons, not a second Mafia. It's the old emotion vs logic thing, logic says kill him, emotion says he's absolutely not scum. shrugs
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 207