Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Remnant of Hope: God Game  (Read 1969 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Remnant of Hope: God Game
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2023, 04:49:56 pm »

So... I guess we are waiting on Authoritatrix?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2023, 06:16:11 pm »

In the heart of Draca the greatest Steam-Age Draconian city-state that resided in Authority; stood the strongest warrior a mortal known as Pala, the holy Draconian Paladin, stood tall and resolute. The Dragon Avenger in hand which was a magical evoked and enchanted weapon created by the Dragonsmiths, a cold iron long sword pulsating with divine energy, Pala faced the relentless onslaught of the cthulhu-like cosmic horrors across the stones of the walls. Each swing of the mighty blade sent waves of holy energy crashing into the cosmic abominations, banishing them back to the depths from whence they came and the brood guards stood at the ready. Pala's unwavering determination inspired and led to foundation of the Dragon Templars, the fearless warriors who followed their leader into battle, protecting Draca from the encroaching darkness. With the blessings of Authoritraix, Pala's power grew, and together with the Dragon Templars, they became the beacon of hope in a city gripped by fear.

The steam age city of Draca trembled as the nightmarish horrors descended upon it again and again with no end to the waves. But fear did not consume the hearts of its inhabitants. Pala's unwavering faith in the guidance of Authoritraix empowered the Dragon Templars, who fought alongside their leader with fervor and loyalty. As the battles raged on, the sealed portal in the town square of Draca remained a constant reminder of the mysterious world of Alta or can really go to any world, led to a realm of untold secrets awaited. The city of Draca with all its broodguards, evokers, and other type of citizens stood resolute and to seek one day to reclaim there world back against the corruption.

In the end, the siege stopped for a short period. Authoritarix spewed out divine energy onto Pala, who created the best bastion and citadel of city-state could be, the portal-gate that was created by the evokers was unleashed back into magical form and swirled into existence. With Templar in hand, Pala, would seek to have her esoteric oath, and sought out to seek out the darkness to stop the corruption of her homeworld and would fight the darkness until the last scale of her body was gone.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2023, 10:58:27 am »

Turn 1

"Drink this, girl." Paws streaked with silver hand a ladle bubbling with a thick green soup.

Wooly hooves gingerly take it, then hesitate.

"Drink, it'll keep you safe. It's dark outside." The voice purrs as the trees outside shake violently.

She does.

The Darkness had waited, creeping through the roots of the forests and deep caves, seeding madness and knowledge in equal measure to those brave enough to wander off the beaten trails. All to await an invitation, which just arrived.

The darkness thickened around the village. The sun, just risen and shining through evergreen needles, faded from sight. A solid wall of darkness formed between the trees. Terta, the leader of said village, brightened her lamp eyes. The villagers, going about their morning chores, muttered and chittered worriedly.

That’s when the howls started. Full of hunger and anger. The first troll stepped from the darkness, white fur wild and red eyes wilder, a spear clutched in its hand. A second, then third after. More and more after that, emerging from the dark.

The villagers cried out in fear and rushed for safety, and the trolls gave out their own fearsome roar and lept in pursuit.

But there were two, a Fox with a blue scarf and a large badger, who did not run in fear. And then a beam of light shattered the dark, and in its place was a machine person, and dozens of robotic soldiers. Out of a flutter of leaves emerged a crystalline statue, face covered with a blank white mask. A mighty wind came and solidified into a body, an eagles cry breaking through the tumult. And finally a portal opened in the center of the village, and out stepped a scaled paladin, blade shining.

The trollish horde paused in their charge, and look back. Out of the darkness emerges a giant, covered in thick steel. It wields a hammer, crackling with red lightning. It too pauses a moment, before roaring in challenge and charging the village.

The war had begun.

What do you do?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2023, 11:44:48 am »

Ge'gyanog

Apostle Ar'qita quickly scans the area. In only a fraction of a second it was clear that this was a darkness incursion; if somewhat different than how it would manifest in Palanoma.

This place had a lack of defensive emplacements, and a few primitive looking structures that were unlikely to provide more than a marginal combat advantage. Lacking time to make even modest preparations, there was really only one course of action.

Ar'qita sent a signal to the robot infantry, which immediately begun to arrange themselves into a Line formation. A second signal put them into overwatch mode; where they would open fire on hostile targets as soon as they had a line of fire towards them. Ar'qita would then initiate a deeper scan on the incoming hostiles, identifying what appeared to be their most vulnerable points and superimposing a bright blue holographic targeting reticle upon them.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2023, 03:06:52 pm »

Bob is frozen in place from suddenly hundreds of supernatural beings appearing out of nowhere. Scarf grins.
"Ha! Never seen that before!"
"That's probably bad, isn't it?"
Scarf crosses their arms. "Why are you so scared of learning? Hey, fling me at the big one!"
"What?"

Fling fox at giant's face, then cling on and shout a billions annoying questions into its ear because we gotta know where it came from and what its deal is and its favorite color!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2023, 04:54:41 pm »

So... What happens if nobody else posts? Seems like more than two players should have posted an action by now.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2023, 09:38:28 pm »

Time blinks, and the statue moves. Roots and branches sprout from the trolls’ spears’ hafts, as wood remembers the life it once lived and rebels against its foul use in death. At the same time, the shovel’s blade swings and the star-gem glows; where it sweeps, an arcane barrier appears, formed of shifting gears in ticking clockwork. These people shall not be harmed.

(Sorry, I’ve been busy with a lot of other stuff. But hey, if I’m stuck in an airport, I may as well do something with that time.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2023, 12:16:55 am »

With the beat of mighty wings, an eagle swoops down and grabs the closest of the trolls, while the wind itself spirals into a funnel cloud, at its point forms the figure of a warrior. Thand strides forth with the wind swirling around him and cuts his way towards the giant to engage him in combat.

Shortly before he reaches the giant, the troll that Sorondor grabbed is thrown into the giant's face from a dive, before the eagle flies off into the dark only to swoop back again, and again.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2023, 02:18:06 pm »

Pala sees immediately that the corruption to this world has already taken hold, and vowing to its oath desired to fight against any horror that they foreseen, she energized holy energy into the avenger and went to the trollish hordes blasting waves of consecrations into the ground, cracks from the ground to tremor took place and holy fire were conjured to shoot forth into pillars that blasted away the trolls

Pala will try her damnest to be the bastion and to try tank the hits from the horde.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2023, 11:36:57 am »

The troll's charge is stymied by a barrier of magical clockwork, an arcane barrier of spinning gears that rises from a wave of the statue. Laser fire, guided with robotic precision, flits thru the churning gaps in the wall, burning holes in the onrushing trolls.The first wave collapses,but the trolls just keep coming, even as their weapons begin to sprout and turn against them. The rifle drones keep up their fire, even as Ar`qita highlights leaders among the charging trolls. An eagle swoops above the horde, raking the foe with its talons and picking them up and dropping them from a great height. Papa charges through an opening and starts laying waste with her sword, holy fire burning around her.

The giant approaches the wall, his hammer crackling madly. Over the wall flies Scarf, flung by their ally Bob the Badger, who lands on the giants shoulder. Clambering up to the giants ear, they chatter wildly, asking question after the question. The giant roars in response and tries to swat the nuisance away, but Scarf skitters out of the way just in time.

This provides ample opportunity for Thand, wind solidifing into a armored figure, who cuts through the horde before the giant. The eagle drops a troll directly at the giant, who distracted by the fox running around his body, is sent stumbling by the body crashing into him.

The red eyed giant sees the approaching warrior and tries to crush them with his hammer, but the living wind shifts out of the way and with a lunge slays their foe.

The giant brought low, the horde of trolls breaks and scatters back into the woods, swallowed by the darkness beneath the trees. One chieftain of the trolls, distinguished by a bright war mask, tries to rally his soldiers before being targeted and brought low by a laser. Scarf overhears the wounded chieftain ordering a lieutenant to “find the Witch of the Woods” before dying.

The village lays in stunned silence, surrounded by burning troll corpses, but not a soul was harmed. The leader of the village, Terta, tentatively thanks their saviors, but wonders if they know what is happening?

What do you do?

Success! +1 might and Loot!
-Crackling Giant’s Hammer. 1 might. Large spiked hammer, occasionally shooting out a bolt of red lightning.

Spoiler: Might Rules (click to show/hide)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2023, 02:59:39 pm »

Ge'gyanog

Apostle Ar'qita briefly considers directing Terta to their website, but quickly realizes that they do not have a connection to the local DNS server. On that note, is Internet even a thing on planet Alta?

They ultimately give the following response. "This was a Darkness Incursion. It appears to have manifested as some manner of large primitive soldiers. It is worrying that what I presume is Alta's equivalent of a municipal government is not already aware of this. I recommend preparing defences sooner rather than later. On a related note, I have some questions about how things work around here..."

Ar'qita has a list of inquiries such as:
- What are the laws of this place?
- Is there a place to dock my starship, or do I just leave it in orbit?
- What infrastructure does this place have?
- What kind of weather patterns does this climate experience?
- How would I go about purchasing or otherwise acquiring property or land?
- Who do I talk to about setting up a mining operation?
- How do I go about contacting the federal level government?
- How do I contact the clergy of Observer Emanuel?
- Who do I talk to about discussing matters of trade?
- What are the proper procedures for hiring citizens?
- Are there any other hostile entities aside from the Darkness that might attack this region?
- Should I be concerned about the local flora, fauna, or microbial entities?
- Is there anything else that an visitor from another world would need or want to know?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2023, 03:59:14 pm »

"Ooh!" Scarf grabs the apostle's sleeve. What's the darkness!?"

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2023, 04:21:14 pm »

Ge'gyanog

Somewhat dumbfounded that the Avatar of a god came here without knowledge of the darkness, Ar'qita responds. "In this context, 'The Darkness' is a physical manifestation of a metaphysical force of entropy which either has an ethical framework that is antithetical to our own or simply nonexistent. It is the reason why there are no worlds that are older than our own generation. In the age of Genesis, our patron deities came to an agreement to collaborate in the fight against the Darkness and it is the reason I have come here. The way in which is manifests in this world is different from my homeland, so the analytical data I have collected in our skirmish is the extent of what I know about the local iteration of it."

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2023, 11:48:19 pm »

Thand would suggest that this hammer be passed among avatars as needed to oppose the Dark. And would therefore request its use for the moment as he intends to pursue the enemy, immediately.

After all, it would be a shame if this single victory were all we achieved with the element of surprise. We may as well destroy the enemy as thoroughly as possible now, to prevent them from adjusting to our presence.

Thand will Oppose the Darkness, pursuing the defeated trolls and destroying as many as possible. If the other avatars agree, he will take the giant's hammer with him.

Spoiler: Varad (click to show/hide)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2023, 12:47:39 am »

Ge'gyanog

Somewhat dumbfounded that the Avatar of a god came here without knowledge of the darkness, Ar'qita responds. "In this context, 'The Darkness' is a physical manifestation of a metaphysical force of entropy which either has an ethical framework that is antithetical to our own or simply nonexistent. It is the reason why there are no worlds that are older than our own generation. In the age of Genesis, our patron deities came to an agreement to collaborate in the fight against the Darkness and it is the reason I have come here. The way in which is manifests in this world is different from my homeland, so the analytical data I have collected in our skirmish is the extent of what I know about the local iteration of it."
"Where'd it come from? It didn't used to be here!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3