Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Untitled Cat Game (Mafia Victory)  (Read 14473 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Day 2: Deep Impediments
« Reply #240 on: November 02, 2023, 05:31:43 pm »

Quarque: Why did you switch your vote to a1s?
That tied the votes, thus forcing another player to switch votes, and imp also commented that the action makes you look like scum.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 02, 2023, 05:34:06 pm »

I do feel that a1s should have doctor claimed/counterclaimed earlier, because it was largely the fact no one else counter claimed, or hinted that they were doctor that made me unsure.
What, no. That's the last thing a1s should have done. That just gets you killed in the night. Some better play or attempt at defense might have been nice, but keeping quiet about being the doctor was the right thing to do, or otherwise my whole plan would've gone to waste. Which, well, it did, but at least that's on me instead.

No, while this obviously looks bad for me, at least give me the credit for having clearly explained the motivation for fakeclaiming. The situation that applies here is the third one: I'm a vanilla townie and my goal was to be just wifom enough to get the nightkill, and maybe be protected if I was lucky. Yes, I know, I ended up overshooting my audience and sucking all the air out of d1, but, at the very least, you can't blame me for getting the doctor lynched when I had no way of knowing (whether as town OR mafia!) and several other players, including you, also thought a1s was suspicious.

Instead, I just managed to make myself the obvious choice for a d2 mislynch to end the game. Figures. But that part is my fault.

Well Maximum Spin, I gave you a chance and that was almost certainly a blunder. But go ahead and use your chance. Maybe you could explain yourself? Like, one of the things you said was that you hadn't made any jokes? So when you said that you knew who all of the town players are, that was serious? And that insane doctor claim was somehow not an evil plot? I'm all ears.
I didn't make any jokes. Everything I said was for a reason. That doesn't mean it was true. Obviously I didn't know everyone's roles and there weren't any GM errors this time as far as I know. I said I didn't make any jokes, though, because nothing I said was just to be funny. Everything was part of the gambit. The point of the silly, obviously fake parts of the claim were there to bolster the doctor claim by making the mafia wonder if it's all a joke or some parts are true.
Surely you cannot possibly think that the doctor claim would be an evil plot. There's no way I draw that much attention as mafia. I mean, you look what it almost got me d1 and what it's currently getting me now... do you think I'm that bad at this game? Okay, maybe after my performance this time that's a bad question, but still.

Honestly, I reread the game earlier and I do have a theory now. I'm not sure anyone will listen to me, and I don't blame you. But I sure did notice that TCk and Quarque looked awfully buddy-buddy. Notably, now that I know that both me and a1s were town, either lynch option should have been okay to them... especially at the point where it already looked like I'd be an easy d2 target.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2023, 05:37:51 pm »

Quarque: Why did you switch your vote to a1s?
That tied the votes, thus forcing another player to switch votes, and imp also commented that the action makes you look like scum.
Yes, it does make me look scummy doesn't it. I was slightly more certain about a1s. They've made no attempt to scumhunt whatsoever so I thought it was the safer bet.

And I have to admit, pure appeal to emotion from Max worked. I had just unsubscribed from their game and they asked for a chance. Does that make any sense? No. I am a sentimental idiot.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2023, 05:42:07 pm »

The point of the silly, obviously fake parts of the claim were there to bolster the doctor claim by making the mafia wonder if it's all a joke or some parts are true.
What parts, in particular? And how would that have helped town?

Surely you cannot possibly think that the doctor claim would be an evil plot. There's no way I draw that much attention as mafia. I mean, you look what it almost got me d1 and what it's currently getting me now... do you think I'm that bad at this game? Okay, maybe after my performance this time that's a bad question, but still.
No, I think you are good enough at the game to do something like this as a gambit because you can then make precisely this claim afterward.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Day 1 Take 2
« Reply #244 on: November 02, 2023, 05:48:49 pm »

That means you, sofanthiel.
Your first pick was on Sof.. that could help to figure out the puzzle.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2023, 05:57:44 pm »

I would have to say, what the hell.
Maximum Spin
Clearly didn't die n1, and claims doctor and then we lynched the real doctor.
The only thing we can gleam from Imp's death is that scum thought they were a bigger threat than anyone else. This doesn't necessarily mean that Maximum Spin is scum, although scum may have left them alive because they're scummier than Imp, though I'm still fairly convinced that Maximum is scum.
Honestly, I reread the game earlier and I do have a theory now. I'm not sure anyone will listen to me, and I don't blame you. But I sure did notice that TCk and Quarque looked awfully buddy-buddy. Notably, now that I know that both me and a1s were town, either lynch option should have been okay to them... especially at the point where it already looked like I'd be an easy d2 target.
If they're partners, why would Quarque switch votes if they're fine with both options? Though Quarque does claim it is because of appeal to emotion so maybe that is the reason?

Reading the older posts now, Maximum Spin voted against a1s after they found Maximum's doctor claim suspicious. Since we know that a1s is doctor, could that mean Maximum realized a1s is doctor?
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2023, 06:01:42 pm »

Reading the older posts now, Maximum Spin voted against a1s after they found Maximum's doctor claim suspicious. Since we know that a1s is doctor, could that mean Maximum realized a1s is doctor?
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but no, I didn't find that particular suspicion any different from anyone else's. I'm not that good a mind reader.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 02, 2023, 06:02:33 pm »

ok.. I've calmed down a little and actually went and read that whole explanation for the doctor claim. That was a lot of text. But it's sensible enough that I'm losing interest in this story, it's been discussed too much already.

Imp was killed. Imp was hounding you like no one else.. so perhaps the motivation was to make Max look extra guilty. Maybe you are actually town, Max.

The one thing I am absolutely certain about now is that there is at least one scum among Canadian Kitten and Sofanthiel.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2023, 06:08:41 pm »

This just further proves I need to massively chill out, much more than here at least.

I might just be playing this game as town with the mindset of scum sorry

also unvote because i did it in a fit of anger.
So, is there a living cop left? If so, now would be the time to speak up. I am not a cop, I am a regular old dog. I don't even really know what the role does, so if you could please explain it, thank you.

I am the cop, I investigate players and find out whether they are suspicious or not. The problem comes from the fact I investigated Imp, and whaddya know? Imp dies.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2023, 06:16:41 pm »

Can you clarify which part seemed buddy-buddy, because I can't see it and Canadian Kitten has roleclaimed cop now.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 02, 2023, 06:26:31 pm »

Also, from my perspective, assuming that the Canadian Kitten is indeed telling the truth, then Sofanthiel must be scum or Maximum Spin and Quarque were bussing each other.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 02, 2023, 10:19:08 pm »

Can you clarify which part seemed buddy-buddy, because I can't see it and Canadian Kitten has roleclaimed cop now.
Well, that theory's basically blown now anyway, so maybe it was just my imagination. If you still care I'll reread the thread again when I feel like it.

Before I read this, I was already planning to post my analysis that Quarque is actually right and the cop should claim. (Namely, that we lose if we lynch wrong today, guaranteed, so we've got to know everything we can and the identity of the cop as a secret doesn't matter anymore.) So, if nobody counter-claims, there's definitely no way we're voting for kitteh.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 03, 2023, 02:55:36 am »

Got a few more thoughts but would first like to hear from Sofanthiel.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 03, 2023, 10:20:23 am »

I know you're there, Sofanthiel. No answer is an answer too.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 03, 2023, 10:55:58 am »

Sofanthiel must be scum or Maximum Spin and Quarque were bussing each other.

Keep in mind: Max wasn't bussed specifically because Quarque changed his mind mere minutes before the deadline.  Now, what did it take to convince him?
Oh, and, Quarque, you know, you can test your utterly bizarre "a1s and Spin team" theory either way. At least give me a chance?

I instinctively followed Qua because a no-lynch would have been an awful option, and there wasn't any time left to ponder the long-term implications of a tie, but, over the course of the night, I realized that the person on the very top of my town-reads list fell right to the bottom.  Sure, he might've been the initial catalyst for the wagon, but it was also blatantly obvious that a Spin wagon was inevitable at that point.  We were going to lynch Max, but then Quarque steered the vote to an inactive player he himself assigned to Spin!  I think it's pretty clear who the real scum pair here is.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23