Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: ARMs: Artificial Maidens [Recruiting a Handler]  (Read 10828 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: ARMs: Artificial Maidens
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2023, 08:32:31 pm »

Approve recreational leave for Baretta Scarlet. Let's get something to eat with Capella and Hander Johnathon.
Natashia will have bland nutrient gruel, not having been designed to enjoy food.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 09:05:37 pm by Egan_BW »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2023, 08:36:44 pm »

Johnathon turns and frowns at Commander Lanceheart
"I'm sure that we won't be needing any replacements Commander"
He shrugs, still grinning.

"You're the Handler, I suppose you'd know.

Speaking of which, you two are the experts on ARM growth. What do you intend to prioritize?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2023, 08:39:18 pm »

“What is our training budget at Commander? We get the most efficient use of our time if we max out the training cycles for one ARM, and allow the other to perform another activity. There isn’t much point in doing anything less than maximum, unless we decide to increase one of the lower combat skills instead of our primary.”
"I'd be willing to spend some time with Carla if you'd like the training sim, Roland."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2023, 08:40:43 pm »

"Improvement of combat power seems most pressing."

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2023, 08:40:53 pm »

Recreational leave for Capella as well

"We definitely need combat power as soon as possible, Commander."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 08:43:46 pm by The Canadian kitten »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2023, 08:44:57 pm »

“What is our training budget at Commander? We get the most efficient use of our time if we max out the training cycles for one ARM, and allow the other to perform another activity. There isn’t much point in doing anything less than maximum, unless we decide to increase one of the lower combat skills instead of our primary.”
"As I'm sure you're aware, we are currently in possession of 6600 rubles above the required maintenance budget for the cycle. As combat readiness is our highest priority, I am prepared to fund the full thirty cycles of training time for a single ARM. I will leave the two of you to fight amongst yourselves for the privilege."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2023, 08:53:36 pm »

"...hmn."

>Commander, use of the training facilities appears to come with an unanticipated price tag. While I would like to train ARM Xili Han as a Defender, doing so would cost us 3000 EC. What is your verdict on this course of action?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2023, 08:58:43 pm »

"As I'm sure you're aware, we are currently in possession of 6600 rubles above the required maintenance budget for the cycle. As combat readiness is our highest priority, I am prepared to fund the full thirty cycles of training time for a single ARM. I will leave the two of you to fight amongst yourselves for the privilege."

Roland had, in fact, not been aware of that as he left all budget matters in the Commander's hands, but tries to not to let that show on his tired face.

"I fight dirty so I think I win. Jeannie will spend downtime training. Better get the coffee in now, looks like you're not getting a chance to rest."

Jeannie performs 30 cycles of Caster training

(Do we specify where the Recreational Leave takes place, or is it left up to fate?)

"I'd be willing to spend some time with Carla if you'd like the training sim, Roland."

"Enjoy yourselves, you don't have to pretend like you'd rather avoid taking downtime."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2023, 09:01:41 pm »

(Do we specify where the Recreational Leave takes place, or is it left up to fate?)

(You can specify a specific location or a description of a location. If you don't specify anything it will be left up ro fate.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2023, 09:04:27 pm »

"I fight dirty so I think I win. Jeannie will spend downtime training. Better get the coffee in now, looks like you're not getting a chance to rest."
"Good that you've come to a decision. I will generally leave the direct management of ARMs to the handlers. I have previously been told that openly favoring my subordinates based on attractiveness is frowned upon."

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2023, 09:19:27 pm »

Sarah cheers.
"Come on, Carla, we're getting ice cream!"

Sarah and Carla will be be taking Recreational Leave.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2023, 09:45:43 pm »

I agree with most of what you've said, we need a Landscape area, and a Learning Accelerator.  And a Quality Optimizer.
We simply don't have enough money for all the facilities we need at this time.  We only have 7000.  500 of that budget is reserved for medical care.  Beyond that..  These are my current plans for the next order phase

Build a Decent landscape area, 2000
Build a Low-Grade Quality Optimizer, 1000

One of the two ARMs should be healed.  As for low-level skills training, I would recommend using someone else's facility if desired.  One will be built, but we do not have the budget to both build the facility while leaving assets available for training and upkeep.

This leaves the active budget at 3500.  We currently have 400 upkeep, leaving the training budget at 3000.
I trust the two of you to be able to decide how to allocate the 3000 training budget?  And don't forget to use the healing facilities.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2023, 02:50:15 am »

"I see, even in this department the budgets always running short, I shouldn't be surprised. We'll need to start working on allocations for funding and cycles soon then. However, I'd prefer to get 621 patched up over training currently, if Handler Alabaster has no objections, the low readings on an area she's vulnerable in are concerning. It's something we'll have to prioritize fixing in both 621 and 12 if we don't want them to constantly be under threat of reaching critical states in that area."

Send Raven-621 to use the decontamination chamber, as long as no one objects.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2023, 07:41:06 am »

I agree with most of what you've said, we need a Landscape area, and a Learning Accelerator.  And a Quality Optimizer.
We simply don't have enough money for all the facilities we need at this time.  We only have 7000.  500 of that budget is reserved for medical care.  Beyond that..  These are my current plans for the next order phase

((Neither of your arms took a wound, so there's no need to pay 500 to use the surgical unit. They each just took damage to their Love Quality, which can be healed using the landscape area or decontamination sphere. The former will give passive healing every downtime while the latter will have to be actively used on one ARM at a time.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2023, 11:55:17 am »

((Team Green doesn't have a landscape area, yet.  I don't know if they can use someone else's landscape area.  We do have a decontamination sphere.))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21