Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: ARMs: Artificial Maidens [Recruiting a Handler]  (Read 10845 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: ARMs: Artificial Maidens
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2023, 06:25:42 pm »

"Good job, 621, 12. The Balyon City Administration sends it's gratitude for your work." Walter greets them after Jocelyn. "It was a good first mission, but take that sudden surge as a lesson. Expect the unexpected, there no way to fully predict Phantasm or it's effects. If a mission begins to veer far off from what was expected of it, or things grow beyond your current abilities, there's no shame in making a retreat and calling for further orders or support. I'd rather not lose any ARMs under my supervision."
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2023, 06:25:51 pm »

Commander Lanceheart seemed to be wearing a permanently smug grin.

"That went perfectly! Phantasms exterminated, units roughed up a little, reputation with another division and a high-ranking team established. I'd say we're well positioned to build a powerful organization."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2023, 06:35:37 pm »

Commander Lanceheart seemed to be wearing a permanently smug grin.

"That went perfectly! Phantasms exterminated, units roughed up a little, reputation with another division and a high-ranking team established. I'd say we're well positioned to build a powerful organization."

Natashia fixes the commander with a cold stare.
"These enemies were by far the lesser of a proper Spectre, and the ARMs still slipped up. They need to do better, or else something out there will destroy them."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2023, 06:43:14 pm »

Year 450 Cycle 1 - Miscellaneous Interactions #1

Malakim-12 and Raven-621 were the first to return. They both dispelled their Maiden Dress, returning to the standard NRCPF uniform.
Malakim-12: "Thank you Handler Jocelyn, Handler Walter. I'm feeling exceptionally well and ready to refine my skills."

Raven-621: "Yes, Handler Walter. I still have much to learn. I will keep your advice in mind for future operations."

Then arrived the ARMs of Team Scarlet. The two of them saluted their Commander in unison as if they had rehearsed it.
Baretta Scarlet: "We are grateful for your praise, Commander!"
Capella Scarlet: "We are grateful for your praise, Commander!!"

Under Natashia's eyes, Baretta shivered a little as her enthusiasm took a nosedive.
Baretta Scarlet: "M-my apologies Handler Natashia. I will work harder."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2023, 06:51:59 pm »

Natachia glances at the ARM for just a moment before looking to the ground, chrome arms folded behind her back.

"Don't burn yourself out. That's our responsibility, isn't it? To Refine you, make you into your best self. All you need to do is take care of yourself."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2023, 06:53:19 pm »

"Congratulations on surviving your first real battle. We've got coffee in the break room if you have a taste for it."

Roland sipped some of said coffee while figuring out the downtime schedule.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2023, 07:08:18 pm »

Natashia fixes the commander with a cold stare.
"These enemies were by far the lesser of a proper Spectre, and the ARMs still slipped up. They need to do better, or else something out there will destroy them."

The commander waved a hand dismissively, smile intact.

"Sure sure. But as long as they make more than they cost, we'll be able to improve either them or their replacements to a higher level."

He noted the unified response from the ARMs themselves with mild interest. Must come preprogrammed with that response.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2023, 07:33:12 pm »

"What an inconvenient choice of damage to take. I wonder if we could rent another team's facilities."

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2023, 07:41:09 pm »

"Great work, Carla! You looked so cool out there! What was the deal with that big guy, does he have a name?"

Sarah continues to praise the ARM energetically, hopped up on one too many cups of coffee.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2023, 07:48:40 pm »

Then arrived the ARMs of Team Scarlet. The two of them saluted their Commander in unison as if they had rehearsed it.
Baretta Scarlet: "We are grateful for your praise, Commander!"
Capella Scarlet: "We are grateful for your praise, Commander!!"

Under Natashia's eyes, Baretta shivered a little as her enthusiasm took a nosedive.
Baretta Scarlet: "M-my apologies Handler Natashia. I will work harder."

"Congratulations Team Scarlet Star, you have done us all proud. Capella, remember that your and your team's safety comes first and to always be alert during the mission. Say, how does a little treat sound for an after-mission reward?"

The commander waved a hand dismissively, smile intact.

"Sure sure. But as long as they make more than they cost, we'll be able to improve either them or their replacements to a higher level."

He noted the unified response from the ARMs themselves with mild interest. Must come preprogrammed with that response.

Johnathon turns and frowns at Commander Lanceheart
"I'm sure that we won't be needing any replacements Commander"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 07:51:27 pm by The Canadian kitten »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2023, 07:59:00 pm »

Year 450 Cycle 1 - Miscellaneous Interactions #2

Carla and Jeannie Xian were the last to arrive, freshly returning from their recon mission. Jeannie was all happy about being recognized by her Handler.
Jeannie Xian: "Thanks Handler Roland! I've never had coffee before!"

Carla took Roland Thompson up on the offer, pouring herself a cup of black coffee. Beneath her cool demeanor, she cannot help but feel happy at her Handler's praise.
Carla: "I don't deserve such praise, Handler Sarah. I only tried to complete the mission. The... big guy is my Phantasmal Avatar as an Invoker. I just call it Warrior."

Meanwhile on Team Scarlet's side, Capella was jumping with joy over Johnathon's proposal.
Capella Scarlet: "Really?! Thank you Handler Johnathon! By the way I love spicy stuff!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2023, 08:04:09 pm »

"A treat, huh... We'd better go with them, Baretta. My biocomponents need a recharge anyway, as I'm sure yours do."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2023, 08:11:50 pm »

Year 450 Cycle 1 - Pre-Downtime

The Chief Operator later summoned all Handlers for a meeting. To each of them, she handed a thick folder filled with technical information, forms, and other paperworks.

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: "Hello Handlers. Your job really starts now that your ARMs have returned from mission. During what we refer to as Downtime, the ARMs are not expected to go out on active duty. They are to rest and hone their skills, according to the schedule you will have prepared for them. Do remember that you are considered responsible of their development. It is a very important assignment."

"With that being said, are you ready for another refresher course? I hope you are."

"During Downtime, you will be able to use the Facilities built and maintained using your allocated Team Budget. Living Facilities are exclusive to each Team, but we allow sharing Facilities across Teams among the 4th Division so long as the Team owning a facility agrees to. I won't go into overt details over Training Cycles, please read the documentation I sent you."

"ARMs are not bound to the base, however. With their Handler's approval, an ARM may go on a leave to some place of their choosing. How that may affect an ARM's development cannot be quantified easily, but overall they may make new encounters, pick up some useful skills, or manage to relax."

Spoiler: Sharing Facilities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Recreational Leave (click to show/hide)

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: That was the gist of it. Any question?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 04:19:08 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2023, 08:13:21 pm »

GM: Handlers may now declare the Downtime schedule of their ARM.

Further note about Facility building for future Cycles. When an order is placed to build a Facility, the construction finishes at the start of the next Cycle.
Maintenance costs are substracted at the end of each Downtime.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2023, 08:26:37 pm »

“What is our training budget at Commander? We get the most efficient use of our time if we max out the training cycles for one ARM, and allow the other to perform another activity. There isn’t much point in doing anything less than maximum, unless we decide to increase one of the lower combat skills instead of our primary.”
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21