Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: The Survival of The Shellfolk | For the Lauv of God  (Read 8117 times)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: The Survival of The Shellfolk | For the Lauv of God
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2023, 04:50:24 am »

Hmm seeing that yous have 21 actions between seven wouldn't something like:
2 Sharpen Stones actions.
2 Make Cave Home actions.
5 Fuel actions.
4 Dry Meat Actions.
6 Hunting Actions.
2 Gather Water Actions.

Have you's probally survive since it get water, food, fuel for 2-3 days and give yous final 2 homes?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2023, 05:45:51 am »

I'm not sure why you say we'd need three fuel. Each fireplace uses one fuel a turn, and we have only two.

But yeah, nah, we're pretty screwed. All that remains is to decide whom to eat first.

Wouldn’t we need the third fuel for the third dry meat action?  Or would that also require a third fireplace (which wouldn’t be available to use until next turn, even if we build it this turn…)?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2023, 05:47:37 am »

It is true that the flood will begin at this turn in nighttime, and will continue throught the night. But it is a flash flood. All that water in the clouds will go down at once. It will end at the beginning of the next turn and be replaced by a monsoon, and then regular rain in the next two, and then a drizzle in the last one. If you add the drizzling from this currrent turn, the storm event will last 5 turns.

So you will be able to act the next turn, but the flood and the rain will be relevant in whats gonna be happening.

Everything left outside will be destroyed. Your first objective should be to get everything in. Hunting for fuel is also a very good idea. You have enough food and water.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2023, 05:59:39 am »

How much of each item can be stored in a sack?  Also, does a full sack only count as one item when storing items in a storage cave?  Or would both the sack and it’s contents count towards the 15 item limit?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2023, 10:35:33 pm »

Zark the Red

1: Hunt
2: Hunt
3: Hunt

Thats half the hunting done.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2023, 01:08:38 am »

I’m currently waiting for someone to answer my previous questions before I post my actions.  I’d suggest that Funk (and any players that post afterwards) look at the last paragraph of Magmacube_tr’s most recent reply to me.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2023, 01:40:34 am »

Wouldn’t we need the third fuel for the third dry meat action?  Or would that also require a third fireplace (which wouldn’t be available to use until next turn, even if we build it this turn…)?
You are wrong on all three counts.

Each fireplace can do three actions a day. Each fireplace uses one fuel a day no matter how many actions it's used for. You can build a fireplace and then use it the same turn (I did that already).

How much of each item can be stored in a sack?  Also, does a full sack only count as one item when storing items in a storage cave?  Or would both the sack and it’s contents count towards the 15 item limit?
Three. Sacks are not counted against storage, but are listed under tools. You can just like... read the bookkeeping in the turn.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2023, 03:03:57 am »

You are wrong on all three counts.

Each fireplace can do three actions a day. Each fireplace uses one fuel a day no matter how many actions it's used for. You can build a fireplace and then use it the same turn (I did that already).

Three. Sacks are not counted against storage, but are listed under tools. You can just like... read the bookkeeping in the turn.

Ok.  Must have missed the part about there being 3 items to a bag.

After doing some accounting of sharp stones (there appears to be one left after everyone else’s actions), I think I’ll do the following (it also appears that someone else has already made a bag out of our only pelt):

Mu Rex
Make Sharp Stone
Dig Storage Cave
Make Leather Bag
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 03:53:06 am by A_Curious_Cat »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2023, 03:25:01 am »

After doing some accounting of sharp stones (there appears to be one left after everyone else’s actions)
I don't believe so. We do have an extra pelt, though.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2023, 03:58:21 am »

After doing some accounting of sharp stones (there appears to be one left after everyone else’s actions)
I don't believe so. We do have an extra pelt, though.
Ah.  I forgot that making a bone spear requires a sharp stone.  I’ve changed one of my actions to making a leather bag.  Do you think I should change the Make Sharp Stone and Dig Storage Cave actions to Dry Leather and Make Leather Bag, respectively?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2023, 04:04:12 am »

Ah.  I forgot that making a bone spear requires a sharp stone.  I’ve changed one of my actions to making a leather bag.  Do you think I should change the Make Sharp Stone and Dig Storage Cave actions to Dry Leather and Make Leather Bag, respectively?
Nah, if we're going to have more than ten bags now, we need another storage cave. Better to safely store derived objects which have had multiple actions invested in them like bags and jerky.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2023, 06:07:38 am »

Nah, if we're going to have more than ten bags now, we need another storage cave. Better to safely store derived objects which have had multiple actions invested in them like bags and jerky.

Ok.  I’ll leave my actions as is.  I’ll also note that there’s a third Raw Leather that somebody could dry (and possibly also turn into a bag).

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2023, 07:15:49 pm »

Zark the Red

You might wanna carve yourself a home. This is your last opportunity and you guys have enough to last you tomorrow.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2023, 07:33:33 pm »

Zark the Red

You might wanna carve yourself a home. This is your last opportunity and you guys have enough to last you tomorrow.

There were already 5 cave homes at the end of the previous turn.

Molloch the Devourer and Mollask are digging cave homes this turn.

That brings the total up to 7.

There are only 7 shellfolk (so far…).

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2023, 05:33:25 pm »

Also, can you guys answer the question at the end of the last report? I will write according to that.
I'm fine with you making up whatever, since you already made these things up in the first place...

I didn't made them up.

It was them.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11