Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 16876 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - [SET UP IN PROGRESS]
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2023, 01:34:40 pm »

Each of you stands in a circle around the altar of the Ancestors. The hierophant stands at the altar, performing a ritual sacrifice of incense and bread to gain the favor of your forefathers.

“Among you, are those who would sow destruction upon us. But so, too, are those who can save us from destruction.” he pauses, and looks each of you in the eyes.

“So, by writ of the ancient rites, we entrust our safety to you. Each day you must return here, and deliberate amongst yourselves. Find those who would cause us harm, and mark them for execution.”

A puff of smoke rises up from the incense.

“We have the blessings of the Ancestors. Go and do what must be done. We are counting on you!”

Game has started! Day 1 will go until ~5pm Pacific Friday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Day 1 Begins with the Ancstor's Blessings
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2023, 01:41:56 pm »

Sorry Elephant Parade I rolled town so we might as well get you out of the way because the scum are either going to kill you N1 or you’re scum yourself.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2023, 01:48:14 pm »

I have literally no idea what the relation between Elephant Parade and scum is so I'm voting hector13
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2023, 01:49:39 pm »

Sorry Elephant Parade I rolled town so we might as well get you out of the way because the scum are either going to kill you N1 or you’re scum yourself.
Better they kill me than someone who's played the game in the last five years.

Crystalizedmire, are you familiar with the concept of RVS?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2023, 01:56:34 pm »

Hector13: If you were a guard, how would you choose who to imprison and why?

TricMagic:  If you had to gather in the shrine of ancients, which townie would you sacrifice first? A known good player, or an outlier?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2023, 01:59:51 pm »

I have literally no idea what the relation between Elephant Parade and scum is so I'm voting hector13

Meh, lazy.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2023, 02:01:22 pm »

Maximum Spin: 01001100 01100101 01110100 00011001 01110011 00100000 01100111 01100101 01110100 00100000 00011000 01100101 01101101

Should probably have asked Meph about secret messages but it’s very obvious, it is easy to figure out what it says, and it’s a joke.

Caz: why shouldn’t we eliminate EP today?

sofanthiel: who do you think EP’s partner is?

Snowkiller: what do you look for in a D1 elimination?

ToonyMan: at what point do you expect to have the game solved?

Crystalizedmire: I’m running out of questions so… I’m not going to ask you one. What are your thoughts regarding this?

TricMagic: HATS!?

EP

Does that mean you’re not going to try?

Caz

Hector13: If you were a guard, how would you choose who to imprison and why?

It would depend how comfortable I am with my read on the person. If I’m not sure who’s scum, then I would try to protect the person I most think is townie.

You can read into that I consider the blocking aspect to be more powerful than the protection aspect, but the protection certainly adds a great deal of utility to the role.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2023, 02:03:52 pm »

Does that mean you’re not going to try?
Of course not. I'm just saying I'm pretty rusty.

I don't see much point in doing RVS when we've already got an actual conversation going.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2023, 02:06:07 pm »

Eh, RVS is a nebulous beast. People get out of it at different speeds sometimes, might as well ask the questions and try to get everyone involved eh.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Day 1 Begins with the Ancestor's Blessings
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2023, 02:13:36 pm »

Then the slowpokes will just have to catch up. Regressing into RVS at this point would be a waste of time.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2023, 02:16:03 pm »

I agree that it'd be worth prodding the people who haven't posted yet with an RVS question, but you've already done that, and is there much difference between one RVS question than two?

Maximum Spin: Have we already left RVS? Is there any point in going back?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2023, 02:20:53 pm »

Five people out of eight that I barely know or don't know at all. This could get dicey. Six if you count the mysterious Tooneyman.

I'm town and my ability is pretty okay, which is always a great start, so I'm going to approach this from the direction of figuring out who to trust from my good friends hector13, Toonyman, and TricMagic while keeping an eye on the ciphers for obvious signs of treason. To that end, I'm going to need a six paragraph essay from each of you on why the ancestors are awesome.

Elephant Parade: Anyone who refuses to do RVS is okay in my book. I'm not voting you today just for that alone.

hector13: Affirmative.

sofanthiel: You, at least, I gleaned a little about from the very short game that didn't work at all. Can you tell me what, if anything, you learned from that?

I agree that it'd be worth prodding the people who haven't posted yet with an RVS question, but you've already done that, and is there much difference between one RVS question than two?

Are you asking me specifically because you've read old games and know my position, or just out of sheer coincidence?
I'm in a good mood this afternoon so I'll just give you a straight answer: fuuuuuuuuck RVS, man. I left RVS yesterday after setting off a dirty bomb in the town square. If you look back you'll turn into salt.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2023, 02:25:34 pm »

I’m not entirely convinced we are out of RVS, to be fair. As for RVS questions, the game is won and lost on the activity of the town really, and anything that encourages that is (broadly speaking) good.

What is it that has you convinced we’re out of RVS?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2023, 02:32:25 pm »

Crystalizedmire, are you familiar with the concept of RVS?
Quickly google searches RVS
Recreational vehicle, huh
she/her

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2023, 02:37:20 pm »

Maximum Spin encompasses everything. All matter. All nothing. Everything. They exist everywhere. They exist nowhere. Max is the sound a tree makes when it falls and nobody is around.

Caz is innocent, pure, clean. Has done no wrong. Only looking out for other people. Caz does not know what self is. Caz does not know who they are.

Hector represents the darkness of night, shadow, deception. Hector knows exactly who they are.

sofanthiel reminds you of your childhood. The choices you made with your limited knowledge, the actions you had no control over, the strengths and weaknesses you saw in others. Crystalizedmire wants you to remember. They hold no malice.

Snowkiller is whatever you want them to be. Snowkiller will fill any role.

Elephant Parade has been around for a long time, a very long time. Their skin has aged so much it has become dry and cracked, however it has never been thicker. Elephant Parade never been stronger. Durable.

Crystalizedmire is just here to have fun. Like a cheerful, sunny day. Crystalizedmire is icecream on a hot day, hot chocolate on a cold day, or a close friend on a lonely day.

TricMagic is passion, chaotic passion. Impulsive, unpredictable, but constantly evolving...Tric is the scariest player of all.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37