Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 16806 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Day 1 Begins with the Ancestor's Blessings
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2023, 02:49:03 pm »

Caz, Crystalizedmire, Elephant Parade, Snowkiller, and sofanthiel: Have you read any recent games on this forum for a better understanding of what to expect? The life you save could be your own.

ToonyMan flatters me, therefore ToonyMan is town.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Day 1 Begins with the Ancstor's Blessings
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2023, 02:52:33 pm »

Caz: why shouldn’t we eliminate EP today?

Cause there may be a better lynch? We have only begun the day and you want to tunnel on a pre-game fancy?

Better they kill me than someone who's played the game in the last five years.

Ok I hate you but many games have been lost on the obsession of killing the most unhelpful townie over and over.

Maximum Spin encompasses everything. All matter. All nothing. Everything. They exist everywhere. They exist nowhere. Max is the sound a tree makes when it falls and nobody is around.

Caz is innocent, pure, clean. Has done no wrong. Only looking out for other people. Caz does not know what self is. Caz does not know who they are.

Hector represents the darkness of night, shadow, deception. Hector knows exactly who they are.

sofanthiel reminds you of your childhood. The choices you made with your limited knowledge, the actions you had no control over, the strengths and weaknesses you saw in others. Crystalizedmire wants you to remember. They hold no malice.

Snowkiller is whatever you want them to be. Snowkiller will fill any role.

Elephant Parade has been around for a long time, a very long time. Their skin has aged so much it has become dry and cracked, however it has never been thicker. Elephant Parade never been stronger. Durable.

Crystalizedmire is just here to have fun. Like a cheerful, sunny day. Crystalizedmire is icecream on a hot day, hot chocolate on a cold day, or a close friend on a lonely day.

TricMagic is passion, chaotic passion. Impulsive, unpredictable, but constantly evolving...Tric is the scariest player of all.

Cute but how is it actually helpful?? You know better Toony.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2023, 02:53:06 pm »

I’m not entirely convinced we are out of RVS, to be fair. As for RVS questions, the game is won and lost on the activity of the town really, and anything that encourages that is (broadly speaking) good.

What is it that has you convinced we’re out of RVS?
Activity is better than inactivity, but some kinds of activity are more productive than others, and my impression is that RVS is less productive than a serious hashing-out of suspicions. My concern is that by asking RVS questions, I'd be allowing people to engage with those questions instead of the ongoing situation, i.e. replacing medium-quality activity with low.

As for why we've left RVS: we have multiple things to talk about besides random questions. First of all, your push on me, which I don't think is entirely unserious; the initial question presumably was, but the fact that two of your RVS questions were about me makes me think you might be pushing me for more than RVS/reaction-testing reasons, meaning that you either suspect me a bit or are scum trying to build a case (leaning toward the former—the latter seems weird to me given that it would put you in the spotlight at a time when you don't have to be). There's also Crystallizedmire's unusual (if entirely explicable) reply to your post.

The only problem is that some people haven't engaged yet, meaning that they could sneak by while we overfocus on the ones who have, but I think we'd be better-served by their thoughts on what's happened so far than their answers to bullshit questions (though I notice that three of your RVS questions were about what's happened so far, which is good).

Are you asking me specifically because you've read old games and know my position, or just out of sheer coincidence?
I'm in a good mood this afternoon so I'll just give you a straight answer: fuuuuuuuuck RVS, man. I left RVS yesterday after setting off a dirty bomb in the town square. If you look back you'll turn into salt.
I picked you because I was pretty sure you're the most experienced player here who isn't hector13, and I thought the question would be better directed at someone who was familiar with the game. If I'd known, I'd have picked someone else; you hating RVS in general makes the question basically moot.

As for my essay, I'd like to ask for a two-week extension; my mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, and uncle all died last weekend, along with three cousins and both my dogs. I hope you understand.

Sorry Elephant Parade I rolled town so we might as well get you out of the way because the scum are either going to kill you N1 or you’re scum yourself.
Better they kill me than someone who's played the game in the last five years.

Crystalizedmire, are you familiar with the concept of RVS?
Quickly google searches RVS
Recreational vehicle, huh
Someone who's played more could explain it better, but RVS is the start of a Bay12 game where everyone asks goofy questions to get the conversation moving. Look at Hector's post where he prods basically everyone, or the first couple pages of any game in this subforum.

Maximum Spin encompasses everything. All matter. All nothing. Everything. They exist everywhere. They exist nowhere. Max is the sound a tree makes when it falls and nobody is around.

Caz is innocent, pure, clean. Has done no wrong. Only looking out for other people. Caz does not know what self is. Caz does not know who they are.

Hector represents the darkness of night, shadow, deception. Hector knows exactly who they are.

sofanthiel reminds you of your childhood. The choices you made with your limited knowledge, the actions you had no control over, the strengths and weaknesses you saw in others. Crystalizedmire wants you to remember. They hold no malice.

Snowkiller is whatever you want them to be. Snowkiller will fill any role.

Elephant Parade has been around for a long time, a very long time. Their skin has aged so much it has become dry and cracked, however it has never been thicker. Elephant Parade never been stronger. Durable.

Crystalizedmire is just here to have fun. Like a cheerful, sunny day. Crystalizedmire is icecream on a hot day, hot chocolate on a cold day, or a close friend on a lonely day.

TricMagic is passion, chaotic passion. Impulsive, unpredictable, but constantly evolving...Tric is the scariest player of all.
This made me laugh.

Caz, Crystalizedmire, Elephant Parade, Snowkiller, and sofanthiel: Have you read any recent games on this forum for a better understanding of what to expect? The life you save could be your own.

Yes, I've read a dozen or so games over the last few months. I wasn't lying when I said I'd been looking to get back into Mafia; the only reason I haven't joined the last few games is that they looked to be expert-level.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2023, 03:00:04 pm »

As for why we've left RVS: we have multiple things to talk about besides random questions. First of all, your push on me, which I don't think is entirely unserious; the initial question presumably was, but the fact that two of your RVS questions were about me makes me think you might be pushing me for more than RVS/reaction-testing reasons, meaning that you either suspect me a bit or are scum trying to build a case (leaning toward the former—the latter seems weird to me given that it would put you in the spotlight at a time when you don't have to be). There's also Crystallizedmire's unusual (if entirely explicable) reply to your post.

I think we've left RVS. Toony's post has rubbed me the wrong way.

Not yet. It's late here though and it's the plan for tomorrow. Have you? What have you learned from it?

Bingo. Toony asks no questions but seeks to amuse, to distract.

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2023, 03:04:30 pm »

Snowkiller: what do you look for in a D1 elimination?
I'm new to this game genre but I don't think I "look" for anything in D1, unless the person slips up and says something sus. It's the first day. I don't know enough about the game in general nor the people in this particular instance to say "yay" or "nay" on lynching. That's why I usually go for no lynch in the critically few mafia games I've been in.

Ninja Edit: Yes, Maximum Spin. I've been using various resources to get up to speed on the mafia game and its various formats. I'm still not an expert and will likely look dumb for the entirety of this game.
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2023, 03:09:05 pm »

Not yet. It's late here though and it's the plan for tomorrow. Have you? What have you learned from it?
I was in most of those!

... and what I learned was that I'm probably scum and should be lynched first, I guess.

Wow, unexpectedly good turnout on the checking other games thing. Do your homework, kids! Essays are due Friday!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2023, 03:10:57 pm »

Forgot I wanted to single this out for a response too.
I picked you because I was pretty sure you're the most experienced player here who isn't hector13, and I thought the question would be better directed at someone who was familiar with the game. If I'd known, I'd have picked someone else; you hating RVS in general makes the question basically moot.
No, that makes my answer even more important. Because it is CORRECT.

As for my essay, I'd like to ask for a two-week extension; my mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, and uncle all died last weekend, along with three cousins and both my dogs. I hope you understand.
If your whole family is dead, you should have plenty of distraction-free time to work on your essay now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2023, 03:16:12 pm »

I’m not sure he can be trusted. I’m apparently deception, and he was on my team in the last game; he knows better.

EP: I mean right now, I believe you are the best elimination, but that’s based entirely on my pregame banter, so it’s serious in that respect. However, that’s in the first few hours of D1 and if you remain the best elimination based entirely on my pregame banter at the end of D1 then the town’s probably lost, even if you are scum.

Snowkiller

I'm new to this game genre but I don't think I "look" for anything in D1, unless the person slips up and says something sus. It's the first day. I don't know enough about the game in general nor the people in this particular instance to say "yay" or "nay" on lynching. That's why I usually go for no lynch in the critically few mafia games I've been in.

Ninja Edit: Yes, Maximum Spin. I've been using various resources to get up to speed on the mafia game and its various formats. I'm still not an expert and will likely look dumb for the entirety of this game.

Don’t worry about looking dumb. I’ve played mafia on and off for maybe the last decade and the last game I was in I made two shockingly stupid mistakes that contributed to my team losing the game. It’s better to try and look dumb than do nothing, ‘cause doing nothing will lose you the game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Day 1 Begins with the Ancstor's Blessings
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2023, 03:27:00 pm »

Maximum Spin: 01001100 01100101 01110100 00011001 01110011 00100000 01100111 01100101 01110100 00100000 00011000 01100101 01101101

Should probably have asked Meph about secret messages but it’s very obvious, it is easy to figure out what it says, and it’s a joke.

Caz: why shouldn’t we eliminate EP today?

sofanthiel: who do you think EP’s partner is?

ToonyMan: at what point do you expect to have the game solved?

Crystalizedmire: I’m running out of questions so… I’m not going to ask you one. What are your thoughts regarding this?

TricMagic: HATS!?
This is funny, but that's mainly because I thought that we were the ones asking the questions
she/her

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2023, 03:55:28 pm »

So… what do you think would be the best course of action to help your team win?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2023, 04:35:26 pm »

Shit I forgot to put green in Max's name.

Uuuh...

I've played with Max, Hector, and Tric recently.

I've played with Caz somewhat recently.

I've played with Elephant Parade over a decade ago.

I've never played with sofanthiel, Snowkiller, or Crystalizedmire.

ToonyMan: at what point do you expect to have the game solved?
Right now.

Or probably Day 2.

What I can say now: This game probably has two mafia. This is the assumption I'm going with.

Cute but how is it actually helpful?? You know better Toony.
It's not helpful, at all.

I just wanted

to do it.

I think we've left RVS. Toony's post has rubbed me the wrong way.
Woah woah woah, I just got here.

Is Max more or less suspicious for townreading me over it?

Bingo. Toony asks no questions but seeks to amuse, to distract.
I don't understand the flow of logic here.

But fine.

I'll be useful.

I'm a mill---coughcough

I'm a miilllle-----uuuughhhhh

I can't do it! I cannot lie! My alignment shines brighter than the wettest evergreens! To lie would only create confusion, and confusion leads to hatred and sadness. I cannot bluff being a kook this game. Mafia are going to have to kill me I guess since I don't know how they'll win otherwise.

Looks newbie enough to me.

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2023, 04:50:43 pm »

Crap! I forgot--I'm not supposed to edit posts in a mafia game.

For the GM: I edited my response to the question I asked. Nothing game-relevant or breaking, but still, I broke the rule(s). If I get a pee-pee slap then I'll take it. I wasn't trying to do any weird stuff. I'm just used to getting yelled at for double-posting, since that's a general forum rule everywhere you go.
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2023, 04:54:08 pm »

You're buttering me up Snowkiller. How can I suspect someone with posts like that?

I'm enjoying Elephant's....big....posts as well.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2023, 04:58:16 pm »

Crap! I forgot--I'm not supposed to edit posts in a mafia game.

For the GM: I edited my response to the question I asked. Nothing game-relevant or breaking, but still, I broke the rule(s). If I get a pee-pee slap then I'll take it. I wasn't trying to do any weird stuff. I'm just used to getting yelled at for double-posting, since that's a general forum rule everywhere you go.

Eh, if you're going to screw up and do that D1 is the day to do it. Just be mindful of it in the future.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2023, 04:59:59 pm »

Oh you can post as many times in a row as you want in mafia without repercussion.

Also Toony broh, you know that someone’s status as a newbie has nothing to do with their alignment. If you’re liking EP and Snowkiller, who are you not liking?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37