Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Gladiator Tournament VIII  (Read 50033 times)

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Gladiator Tournament VIII
« Reply #315 on: July 21, 2023, 05:01:06 am »

The delegation from the Learned Order of Brass and Fire will place a bet of 50 gold on Butcher Bart. (Writing to follow.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 01:03:44 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 21, 2023, 06:03:28 am »

100 gold on Estu Amazon, please!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Nekkowe

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm using tilt controls!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #317 on: July 21, 2023, 08:56:37 am »

I am pretty sure I still can.
Yup, no worries! The betting deadline closes today at 20:00 GMT, just over six hours from now.

ixn

• Bay Watcher
  • bap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 21, 2023, 09:27:42 am »

Furthermore, my bet for this round. 50 gold on Boofy.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 09:57:18 am by ixn »
she / it

Lemon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 21, 2023, 12:31:10 pm »

Cupuaçu story after the first fight on the arena. after the round 1:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 01:54:12 pm by Lemon »

Joqan

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Hello, i am a dwarven engineer mostly in the field
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 21, 2023, 01:51:10 pm »

Diago pastor and the unknifing paradox

Hello good readers of banishing suns newspaper
Today we have a special interview from diago pastor the third

+hello to you uhhh, sir? Roach? Whatever you are comfortable with, you must be Diego pastor right?

-Oh I didn't see you there. Hola, my name is Diago Pastor the 53rd. It is a pleasure to meet you.

+yes, hello, i am here to take an exclusive interview, so first question, since we all know why you're here we skip right to the question, why did you decide to abandon the knife?

-Well it wasn't an easy decision. As many people know the Pastor Family has a long and storied tradition of using the knife. Going back to one of my ancestors all the way to my late brother Carlos the 113th two years ago.
-The reason for my switch to the spear however was fueled by the death of my brother Carlos. When he died, I vowed to enter the same arena as him to bring honor to his name. I initially planned on using a knife but saw that one of the problems that killed my brother was reach. That's what drove me to pick up the spear, a fast weapon with a dagger like blade but able to hold an opponent away from my midsection.
-I found I was good with the spear and took inspiration from the gladiator bughead from last year to how I may mold myself into an effective spear fighter.

+rest in peace carlos, were you too close?
+also another question, any comments on your previous fight?

-Yes we were, my entire intrusion is tight knit and the loss of Carlos was hard on all of us. He was a brave Roach of honor but he never got what he sought out of the arena.
-As for my fight with Urist McGladiator, I throughly enjoyed our fight. He was a brave Dwarf and strong. I look forward to seeing the next McGladiator take up the mantle next year and wish them the best of luck.

+And what about your next fight? Exited about that yet? Have you studied your opponent?

-But of course! I have studied many opponents in the tournament this year and have found that Rasgrid is one of the fighters I find to be the most formidable. To many others this would be a point too fear and be discouraged by, for me however, this is a point to be proud of. I get to test my might against nothing but truly worthy opponents to show the true value of the spear!

+Very good, the last set of questions, about your manager, why did you choose him, how is he treating you, and also what do you think of his uhhhh training program for you

-Ah my manager has worked with my family as a trainer for years. He was a natural choice having worked with him before. He was worried about my choice to go with the spear instead of a knife at first. He is far more used to training knife fighters but he accepted the challenge and in my opinion has excelled at it. As for my training program, he can be a brutal trainer, training me day and night. Pushing me far further than I would've been able to go on my own.

+great to hear that, alright anything to say to fan before i go? This can be promotion

-To my fans, I thank you for your continued support. To my family, I hope to find you in the stands! I will make you all proud and bring honor to our name!

That was the interview, hopefully we will see him in action, meanwhile those who enjoy our newspaper can get them 20% off at the arena market booth
(Thank you to aspy532 for this)
You can dispatch large number of individuals by making reusable cage for necromancer experiments

Joqan

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Hello, i am a dwarven engineer mostly in the field
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 21, 2023, 02:11:18 pm »

silent slicer's inspirational and confident words

welcome to the banishing suns newspaper as always, for the first time in our history we are reporting from the great yearly arena, today reporting on silent slicer, our favorite swordsspiderwoman

+Hello, uhhh lady slicer. Good to meet you for todays interview

-The Silent Slicer bows slightly
*polite clicking noises*

+well first question is as we ask all our great champions what made you decide to join the arena?

-She narrows all eight of her eyes slightly, and puffs out her chest with something that might be pride
*boastful chittering, punctuated by a high pitched screeching noise*

+I uhhhhhh, fantastic response!
So uh another question, are you sure of your manager and can you tell us more about them?

-The spiderwoman begins nervously twiddling her six thumbs in a moment of reflection, then stops.
*A low whistle noise followed by more clicking and gutteral noises.*
She nods her head in measured confidence

+not very confident but we move on, what is your opinion about your previous fight with beard

-She immediately launches into a series of noises that could only be interpreted as a story interposed with foreign onomatopoeia and miming with her many limbs.
She ends the description with pointing at her head with all her hands, then miming the head flying off
Her chelicerae form what must be a grim but proud smile

+wow, i will give that to our spider language translator but thank you! As for the next question, you have quite the foe ahead of you, what's your speculation and have you studied his fighting?

-The swordsspider nods, but begins wringing her hands in what must be pent up nervous energy. She gestures to the two copper swords by her seat and swings her arms furiously as if cutting down a large foe. It is clear that whatever confidence she has is derived from her prowess with her preferred weapon of choice, the short sword.

+gruesome description, well last question, have you got anything to say to your fans before your match? This can be promotion

-The Silent Slicer pauses in thought. She begins her message with a few measured noises, then launches into an unintelligible monologue. She punctuates a salient sounding noise with a wide gesture, apparently boasting to the whole world a message of confidence in herself and her jumping spider person race. She finishes her story with another smile, before contentedly returning to sharpening her swords.

as always, you can get our newspaper volumes all over the newspaper booths around the arena's entertainment area, just below the gladiator fashion show newspaper
You can dispatch large number of individuals by making reusable cage for necromancer experiments

Nekkowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
Bets for Round 2 are now closed!
« Reply #322 on: July 21, 2023, 03:02:56 pm »

Bets for Round 2 are now closed!

The three gladiators that received the most bets in Round 2 were:
  • with 282 gold: Beast of Spearimpale
  • with 249 gold: Priest Ndrog
  • with 200 gold: Ine
With 311 gold, Estu Amazon vs. Queen Regina Formicarium is the Round 2 matchup that received the highest total sum of bets.

So far, the gladiator that received the most bets across all rounds is Priest Ndrog, with 5 bets totalling 344 gold.

More stats inside:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 03:52:46 pm by Nekkowe »

Miuramir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 21, 2023, 09:15:26 pm »

As the manager for Rasgrid, I would like to pass on that he greatly appreciates your expressed sentiment, and also wishes that he had a chance to share a drink with you under less pressing circumstances.  He has been scribbling notes for an epic as he goes, but is of course all too aware that his chances of completing it are improved by spending more time in martial pursuits.  May the winner memorialize those who have gone before. 

Mkhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Tournament Organizer
    • View Profile
Round 2 Upgrades
« Reply #324 on: July 22, 2023, 06:09:09 am »

Beast of Spearimpale:
Round 2: 139.5

Copper shield (-0)

Fighter 2>4 (-21)
Biter 1>2 (-8)
Kicker 1>2 (-8)
Wrestler 2 (-0)
Misc. Obj. User 2 (-9)
Dodger 1>3 (-25)
Observer 1>3 (-15)
Shield User 2>3 (-12)
Discipline 1>2 (-6)

Points remaining: 35.5

Boofy:
No upgrades submitted for this gladiator

Butcher Bart:
No upgrades submitted for this gladiator

Carabella the Fast:
Points to spend: 214.5
Proficient Dodger -> Expert Dodger (105 pts)
None -> Talented Archer (42pts)
Competent Crossbowman -> Talented Crossbowman (45pts)
Adequate Observer -> Competent Observer (9pts)
Adequate Discipline -> Competent Discipline (9pts)
Points Spent: 210
Points Remaining: 4.5

Still no armor, and Carabella doubts that it would even be worth it against another ranged attacker. Those treefolk must be disgusted by iron, how it's smelted from the wood of their precious trees. That elf would probably only use wood, anyways, and that's like... a strange snowball, she's dodged those many times before. They are natural archers, but, as many know, Archery is an outdated form of warfare, a mortal's strength is too feeble and we all know that crossbows are inherently superior. Here is a true battle of skill, and she'll probably win. (I tested it out in the simulator and she did not win. It'll be RNG as to who gets the first shot off and manages to not die.Carabella would only win if she hits the Elf's hand first, before they hit her fleshy exposed bits.)

Cupaçu:
3 Novice Fighter
55 Talented Swordsman
36 Proficient Discipline
27 Proficient Observer

105 Expert Dodger

Spent: 226
Remaining: 36

Diago Pastor 53rd:
Sell Back:
Wood Buckler (11.25)

New Skills:
Proficient Fighter (15)
Adept Spear User (90)
Talented Dodger (55)
Proficient Shield User (48)
Competent Observer (9)
Adequate Discipline (6)

New Equipment:
Wood Shield (45)

Points used: 268/276.25 (8.25 remaining)

Background:

Entering the locker rooms, riding the high of adrenaline after his first match, Diago is met with his oldest sister Maria Pastor the 32nd.

"Maria my beloved sister, did you see my fight against the McGladiator! He was an amazing fighter but he fell before my spear just as I told Mama he would! Where is Mama and the rest of the intrusion?"

Maria gives Diago a kind sad smile and looks up at the tip of Diago's steel spear.

"Mama and the others continue to watch from the stands and wish you the best but..."

Diago interrupts,

"But they're still upset I trained to use a spear. Upset that I took the family dagger for my spear tip in honor of our family and of Carlos! Upset that I'm showing that we would be better off not being knife fighters like our ancestors stubbornly did for generations, ending up dead!"

"They're just concerned that you are slowing yourself. You know as well as we do the family creed. The dagger that's quickest, kills fastest. You burden yourself too much and they're worried that coming down here will be them saying goodbye to you like they said goodbye to Carlos."

"Well let them know that I don't intend to die, and that I have a few more tricks up my sleeve."

Diago then tosses down the buckler he came with and goes to the wall to pick up a wooden Dwarven shield.

"Not only will I fight using 2 hands for my spear unlike a knife, but I will also use 2 hands for a real shield!"

Estu Amazon:
No upgrades were submitted for this gladiator

Evil Death Roll:
SELL
Iron Battle Axe (+24)
Iron Gauntlets (+8)

BUY
- Equipment
Steel Battle Axe (-96)
Steel Gauntlets (-32)
Iron Helm (-24)
- Skills
Axeman 4 to 7 (-108)
Discipline 1 to 2 (-6)
Observer 0 to 1 (-3)

Leftover: 4

Evil Death Roll visits a local luthier/blacksmith (very talented guy) to tune and sharpen his axe-guitar and along the way grabs a new, brutal pair of spiked gauntlets and a helm fresh from the forges.

Faurine Lethirami:
Equipment:
 [SELL] Iron Bow (+24)
 [SELL] Iron Cap (+10)

[BUY] Steel Bow (-96)
 [BUY] Steel Helm (-48)

[KEEP] Leather Gloves
 [KEEP] Leather Armour
 [KEEP] Leather Leggings
 [KEEP] Leather High Boots

Skills:
 [IMPROVED] Skilled Bowelf --> Talented Bowelf (-33)
 [IMPROVED] Competent Archer --> Proficient Archer (-18)
 [IMPROVED] Competent Dodger --> Skilled Dodger (-20)
 [IMPROVED] Competent Observer --> Skilled Observer (-12)
 [IMPROVED] Competent Armor User --> Skilled Armor User (-8)

[SAME] Competent Discipline

[NEW] Adequate Fighter (-9)
 [NEW] Novice Swordself (-5)

SPENT: 249 (total: 465)
LEFTOVER: 11

[UPDATED] Backstory:
" Faurine is a promising but unambitious archer that decided to try her luck in the coliseum after being banned from her village.
 The elven girl never actually believed that she could get very far when she enlisted in this tournament, trying to fool herself that it was an act of bravery and risk-taking, but knowing deep down that she was only seeking for a slow but final form of self-destruction.
 Never had she considered that after tasting the glory of the coliseum she would actually like it, and that it would rekindle in herself an old but warm flame of hope, that although still weak, it comforts her, giving Faurine a new reason for it all in this short time that she still has left."

Frunkus:
Selling:
- Bronze Dagger +16
- Iron Breastplate +20
- Bronze Gauntlets +8

Buying:
- Steel Dagger -64
- Steel Breastplate -80
- Iron Gauntlets -16

Upgrading Skills:
- Skilled Fighter (from Adequate) -21
- Skilled Knife-User (from Competent) -20
- Skilled Dodger (from Novice) -45
- Skilled Observer (from Untrained) -30
- Skilled Shield-User (from Adequate) -28

0 leftover points

Updated Equipment List:
- Steel Dagger
- Steel Helm
- Steel Breastplate
- Copper Mail Shirt
- Iron Gauntlets

Updated Skill List:
- Skilled Fighter
- Skilled Knife-User
- Skilled Armor-User
- Skilled Dodger
- Skilled Observer
- Skilled Shield-User
- Competent Discipline

Horof Dreadhoof:
Dodger skilled -> Taleted -55 /105
Axeman none -> Proficient -90 /15
Left: 15

Ine:
Round 1 Prior Skills:
Skilled Swordsman, Novice Biter, Competent Dodger, Competent Armor User,
Competent Observer, Competent Discipline

Round 1 Prior Gear:
Copper Long Sword, Copper Helm, Copper Mail Shirt, Copper Gauntlets,
Cloth Loincloth

Points to Spend 224.5

Round 2 Skill Upgrades:

Skilled Swordsman to Adept Swordsman (+90)
Novice Biter (No Change, 0)
Competent Dodger to Adept Dodger (+110)
Armor User (No Change, 0)
Competent Observer to Skilled Observer (+12)
Competent Discipline to Skilled Discipline (+12)

Round 2 Armor Upgrades:

No Changes (0)

Points Spent: 224

James "Mephit-One" Misayuki:
UPGRADE POINTS: 253

SELL: Iron Long Sword (+24 points)

Current Upgrade Points: 277
BUY: Steel Long Sword (96 points)
Current Points: 181
Learn: Expert Dodger (180)
Remaining Points: 1

By the way, his eye color is a bright cyan. If he's not already wearing his robe underneath his mail, he might as well.

Knifin’ Around:
251 points
Sell iron dagger +16
Buy Adamantine Dagger - 192
Buy Competent Observer- 18
Upgrade from Skilled Dodger to Talented Dodger - 55

That should leave 2 points.

Lerush Idar:
Here are the upgrades for Lêrush Idar:

Upgrade all armour ( helm, chain shirt, greaves, gauntlets, high boots) to steel, selling old armour.  net point cost: 216

upgrade kicker to adequate, and gain adequate armour user.  points cost: 14

remaining points: 0

Ligir Dustband:
237 upgrade points,

from Comp Fighter
-12 Sk Fighter
-15 Proficient Fighter
-27 total

From Skilled Sword
-25 Proficient Sword
-30 Talented Sword
-55 total

From Comp Shield
-16 Skilled Shield
-20 Prof Shield

From Comp Dodge
-20 Skilled Dodge
-25 Prof Shield

-24 1x Iron Helm
-48 1x Iron Mail

-235 total
2 points remaining

Logem Branchsyrup:
Facing an enormous troll in the next round... what could go wrong?

Upgrades:

Round 2 (243 points)

Talented to Professional Swordwolverine -120
Proficient to Adept Dodger -65

Remaining 58

Madame Spots:
Increase spearman skill to Talented for 75 points
Increase dodger skill to Talented for 55 points
New: adequate discipling for 9 points
New: iron mail shirt for 48 points
New: iron gauntlets for 16 points

Remaining: 1 point

Mr. T:
No upgrades were submitted for this gladiator.

Nijinsky:
I will sell the following equipment:
Iron Short Sword (worth 40pt, sold for +20)

This leaves me with 230pts (210 base + 20 sold equipment).

I will purchase the following equipment:

Steel Short Sword (80pts)

I will purchase the following skills:

Upgrade Dodger from Proficient to Expert: (105pts)
Upgrade Swordsman from Adequate to Skilled: (35pts)
Adequate Observer (9pts)

This leaves me with one (1) point remaining.

Priest Ndrog:
Competent Fighter (upgraded from Adequate Fighter)

Adept Axeman (upgraded from Competent Axeman)

Talented Dodger (upgraded from Competent Dodger)

Remaining: 0 points

Queen Regina Formicarium:
The herald ant woman delivers a sealed envelope to the Tournament Committee:
Salutations to the Tournament Committee,
We have found training facilities near the arena unsatisfactorily small. Thus we have made the purchase of three more copper spears rather than pursuing more accurate striking as hoped. We are ready foir the spill of blood and ichor in the arena.
QRF

Upgrades Budget:138
3 Copper Spears -75
Proficient Spearman -60
Novice Discipline -3
Total 0

Rasgrid the Bard:
-7.5   sell Copper Helm
-24      sell Iron Battle Axe
+48   buy Steel Helm
+96   buy Steel Battle Axe
+6      improve Fighter from Novice(1) to Adequate(2)
+54   improve Axeman from Competent(3) to Proficient(5)
+3      add Misc. Object User at Novice(1)
+4      improve Armor User from Novice(1) to Adequate(2)
+20   improve Dodger from Competent(3) to Skilled(4)
+3      add Observer at Novice(1)
+12   improve Shield User from Adequate(2) to Competent(3)
+3      add Discipline at Novice(1)
=========

Net build for Round 2: 

Skills:
Fighter: Adequate(2) +9
Biter: Novice(1) +4
Wrestler: Novice(1) +4
Axeman: Proficient(5) +90
Misc. Object User: Novice(1) +3
Armor User: Adequate(2) +6
Dodger: Skilled(4) +50
Observer: Novice(1) +3
Shield User: Competent(3) +24
Discipline: Novice(1) +3
(skill subtotal = 196)

Equipment:
Iron Battle Axe: +48 SOLD BACK for -24
Wooden Shield: +45
Copper Helm: +15 SOLD BACK for -7.5
Leather Armor: +12
Leather Gauntlets: +4
Leather High Boots: +5
Steel Battle Axe: +96
Steel Helm: +48
(equipment subtotal = 241.5)

Sharpfist:
215 points remaining

Talented Knife User --> Expert Knife User (-75)
Competent Dodger --> Proficient Dodger (-45)
Novice Observer --> Skilled Observer (-27)
Proficient Fighter --> Talented Fighter (-18)
Sell Large Iron Dagger (+16)
Buy Large Steel Dagger (-64)

2 Points remaining

Skitterleap:
Dodger from Competent to Adept (-110)
Striker from Competent to Adept (-88)
Observer from Proficient to Expert (-63)

3.5 Points Remaining

Slappybara:
"That'll stop the cuteness comments", thinks Slappybara, as he punches the hapless reptile man to death. He then passes out.
Waking up in a medical bed a few days later, he is greeted by a dozen get-well-soon cards, all with adorable hand-drawn pictures of him. Seems that dwarven children aren't dissuaded by a bit of blood and violence. Darn.
Slappy spends most of the rest of his training period shaving the hair off his arms to show his muscles, but all it really does is make him look like a poodle. He also gets a helmet, but it just lovingly frames his adorable face, like a good haircut.

Changes:
Buy Steel Helm (48)
Competent -> Talented Striker (60)
Competent -> Proficient Dodger (45)
Not -> Competent Armour User (12)
Not -> Adquate Discipline (9)

325 Points to Spend
174 Points Spent
151 Points Remaining

Stimraug:
+ Steel gauntlets 32p
+ Steel high boots 40p
+ Novice observer 3p
+ Novice discipline 3p
+ Adequate armor-user 6p
+ Adequate fighter 6p
+ Expert dodger 75p
+ Expert knife-user 75p

Total: 240p

5 left over

Sweetteeth:
Novice -> Talented Dodger -100
Skilled Observer -30
Competent Discipline -18
Skilled Armor User -> -20
Proficient -> Adept Biter -52
Goblin Cap Buckler -> -22,5
Nick’s Cave Spider Silk Pants (wearing them as cloak though... so technically a Cave Spider Silk Cloak)
Remaining should be: 7.5

The Silent Slicer:
Equipment:
2 x steel short swords (-160)

Skills:
Competent fighter (-18)
Adequate observer (-9)
Adept swordspider (-35)
Adept dodger (-35)

257 points spent, 3 left over

Yeti Soon to Become Spaghetti:
Skilled to talented wrestler 44 pts
competent to proficient dodger 45
adequate to competent observer 9

98/103 points spent

If you don't mind here is a small bit of lore about this guy because I forgot to give some when posting him.

Hailing from the dread isle off the northwestern coast where the mad necromancer baron rules over the volcanic prison for beasts and undead. Here many foul experiments are done using the dwarves as a resource to produce monstrous beasts. Then after a beast has been successfully weaponized, they are unleashed upon visitors or sent abroad. The Yeti was imported from the sister fort in the Portent Realms where it was lured by a dwarved sacrifice towards the weaponized forrest titan spider that trapped it in its webs. A short training arc later and the yeti was shipped off, eventually winding up competing in this tournament.

Zeps:
Observer none-> Adequate (-9)
Fighter Skilled -> Proficient (-15)
Lasher Proficient -> Expert (-126)
Dodger Proficient -> Expert (-105)
5 pts remaining
Still got iron scourge and adequate discipline

Zglbrk The Unbreakable:
I am Bifibloust, manager of Zglbrk The unbreakable
I would like to sell my iron short sword for +20 point,
and buy a adamantine short sword for 240 points
also i would like to upgrade shield user to adept for 52 points
I now have 0.75 points left

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 22, 2023, 07:54:19 am »

Quite a few gladiators not upgrading. A bold choice. Let’s see how it pans out.

Logem the wolverine man is feeling a bit better about facing Mr T the troll!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 22, 2023, 03:33:42 pm »

You know I didn't see anything in the spreadsheet about selling equipment, which is why I spent everything on skills. Definitely going to need that steel in the future it seems.

Butcher Bart didn't upgrade at all though!? I feel both let down and excited
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Nekkowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #327 on: July 22, 2023, 04:01:23 pm »

You know I didn't see anything in the spreadsheet about selling equipment, which is why I spent everything on skills.
It does mention it in bold on the rules page: "After a round you may sell back any equipment for half its total value. Skills cannot be sold."

Shagoli

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Sculptor, palaeontologist, dirt eater
    • View Profile
    • Personal website
« Reply #328 on: July 22, 2023, 11:33:30 pm »

Wow, this is two times in a row now I've managed to forget to give my fighter a shield after dumping points into that skill. This has to be the most badly bungled game of 5D chess I've ever played xP
Good luck to Sharpfist, I'd feel guilty to stumble into the semifinals with my head half screwed-on over your presumably more thoughtful planning, LOL

Mkhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Tournament Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 23, 2023, 05:55:17 am »

DFGT VIII Round 2

Fight 2A: Estu Amazon the Dwarf vs Queen Regina Formicarium the Queen Ant Woman
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/6xXeTAjK

Estu Amazon shuffles into the arena with a yawn. Apparently he’s spend the entire time between rounds napping! In round one this dwarf barely managed to claim victory in a grounded fight against a gremlin. His lust for wealth is mighty, but his discipline seems lacking. There’s only one way to find out if greed is truly enough to drive a Dwarf to victory!

His opponent is the queen ant woman, Queen Regina Formicarium. Her astonishing turn-around in the last moments of round one has demonstrated her unwavering fighting spirit. There is no certainty in ‘certain death’ for this tenacious queen. Let’s see if she can set an example for all of her loyal children.

The bell rings and the two clash! Only a couple blows are exchanged before Queen Regina’s spear is thrust through Estu’s gut! A terrible wound to open the fight. The spear is jammed in the greedy dwarf’s midsection. Estu attempts to swing at the ant queen despite his grievous wound and misses. Queen Regina rips the spear free and continues her assault.

Estu Amazon is not out of the fight yet as the two trade many blows, but it seems every swing of Estu’s war hammer is blocked, parried, or dodged by the nimble ant woman. In exchange, Queen Regina’s strikes are careful and well timed, landing stabs throughout. One in the lower leg, down to the bone, causes Estu to fall over. Once again Estu is forced to fight on the ground, but he survived this once before.

This time, however, he isn’t so lucky. Queen Regina bats each of Estu’s desperate swings away and stabs him in the leg again, this time with a cruel twist that causes Estu to give in to pain! With Estu’s will broken, Queen Regina aims for the head. To the credit of a dwarf’s thick skull, it takes four strikes to break through, but nonetheless Queen Regina splits his head open and his corpse lays still.

Congratulations Queen Regina! The admiration of your many children is well earned.

Fight 2B: Ine the Impala Man vs Yeti Soon To Become Spaghetti
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/BtSUdyhB

Ine the impala Man (managed by dr00) bounds forward into the arena. In his last fight, he certainly gained for himself some of the recognition that he craved, as he made the arena town a safer place for visitors to walk around at night. No longer will they be troubled by Bruis Waegn ambushing passersby and screaming “Ah’m Batman”!

Yeti Soon to Become Spaghetti (managed by WholesomeShadow) has come a long way from his home. Trapped on a remote frozen island to the north by an enslaved forgotten beast, his discomfort from the heat proved no obstacle to his win over Peekot, the Mercenary Mariner. In fact, his opponent was the one who was stifled with a masterful chokehold by the towering creature. Can he do it again though, or is this big fellow just lucky?

Yeti Soon to Become Spaghetti begins by letting our a soul-rending howl as he swipes forward with his massive arms, attempting to lock down his mobile foe! But Ine merely responds by ducking underneath his clumsy attempts, hamstringing his left leg with two sturdy hacks of his copper longsword. Yeti Soon to Become Spaghetti falls to the ground with his leg unable to support him, and blood begins to pool on the arena floor, to the rabid cheers of the spectators. Now that more of his opponent is in range, Ine slices a long shallow cut across the yeti’s chest, but Yeti Soon to Become Spaghetti shows he still has some fight in him, as he knocks Ine to the ground with a bash from his right leg.

Ine springs right back up though, but it appears he’s fallen for the yeti’s trap! As he comes up, Yeti Soon to Become Spaghetti loops his left forearm around Ine’s neck. Ine begins to thrash around wildly, desperate to avoid becoming Peekot #2, and chomps down on Yeti Soon to Become Spaghetti’s arm. The yeti lets out a rumble of pain, and unrolls his arm, throwing Ine across the arena. Ine skitters and clangs off of the floor before finally coming to a stop.

As Yeti Soon to Become Spaghetti bears down on him like a furry avalanche, Ine shakily finds his footing. The yeti rushes in, but once more Ine proves his agility, side stepping the charge and stabbing again into his opponent’s injured leg. Yeti Soon to Become Spaghetti merely growls in pain again, smashing Ine again, and again, into the arena floor. But as he does so, he leaves himself open to attack everytime Ine recovers, and the last time proves fatal as his long sword licks out, drawing a howl of pain and a massive spurt of blood from the yeti’s chest. Yeti Soon to Become Spaghetti collapses to the ground, whimpering in pain, as Ine hacks away at his head. Though his skull proves solid, Ine eventually cracks it open. As he steps away from the yeti’s corpse, panting and drenched in blood, Ine lifts his dripping sword to claim his victory. Congratulations to Ine!

Fight 2C: Ligir Dustband the Wolf Man vs Butcher Bart the Human
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/YPbWett9

Ligir Dustband (managed by Eric Blank) readily enters the arena, ready for his next fight. That last match was more butchery than anything else. Speaking of butchery, he thinks, as he raises his head to show off his new iron helm and puffs out his chest to show off his iron mail, where is his opponent? He’d heard strange things about the human skilled enough to dismember a wolverine man, but apparently punctuality wasn’t among one of his virtues.

The gate opposite Ligir opens, but no one emerges at first. Shortly afterwards though, some spectators swear they hear someone yelling, shouting about “mutinous muttonchops!” and “overgrown fat globules!”. Butcher Bart suddenly falls backward onto his bottom from the darkness of the arena gate. Grumbling, the skin suit clad butcher dusts off his clothing, and draws his carving knife and fork from their pouches.

At the ring of the bell, Butcher Bart charges at Ligir, similarly to Kligus’s approach against him. But this time, it’s Ligir’s turn to feel fear. Something about the mad human leather-wearing butcher triggers the animal part of Ligir’s brain, causing him to run yelping in fear away from his opponent. The wolf man covers his back with his shield as he runs, but Butcher Bart strikes skillfully, maiming Ligir’s right sword hand and taking off his left foot with his carving knife.

Ligir tumbles to the ground, gouting blood, and Butcher Bart pounces on his foe once again, like a stray dog on a dropped piece of ham. His sharp implements hack and slashs away, as Ligir’s new mail shirt and silk trousers are torn to shreds, while his right hand is completely severed. With the troublesome protection out of the way, Butch Bart makes one final cut up Ligir’s belly, fatally disemboweling him. Congratulations to Butcher Bart!

Fight 2D: Frunkus the Leopard Gecko Man vs Sharpfist the Hyena Man
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/S6NYghMs

Frunkus (managed by Shagoli) proudly marches into the arena in some shiny new armor. His patchwork of armor is well on it’s way to being completely replaced, as instead of his iron breastplate, there now shines a proud steel breastplate. As he twirls his new matching steel dagger, the effect is somewhat ruined by his bare feet slapping against the arena floor. But hey, in my book, the person who nearly bisected Corvid the Mantis Woman is free to do as he pleases.

His opponent, Sharpfist (managed by BecauseISaid) bounds forward from his own gate, snarling at anything and everything around him, all while waving his own new steel dagger! After using it to tear Canxio apart, the Hyena Man had it melted down and reforged into a steel one. Honestly though, you’d think from all the pained yipping noises he made as he watched that it was his own paw in the furnace. He didn’t even make half as much noise after we sewed his entrails back into his body after what Canxio did to him.

Frunkus manages one strike at Sharpfist, the mangy hyena man easily parries it before landing a series of strikes on him with his dagger, clanging against Frunkus’s metal exterior. Sharpfist snarls in frustration at this result, and bowels over the leopard gecko man. Frunkus falls onto his back, feet flailing into the air, and Sharpfist seizes his opportunity, slicing off Frunkus’s right foot. Frunkus cries out in pain while Sharpfist continues his disassembly, stabbing him in the left foot to immobilize him further, before shattering his right thigh with a forceful pommel strike.

Frunkus eventually sinks to the ground, moaning in pain, while blood leaks out of him. Sharpfist swings ferociously against his helm a few times, before coming to his senses and using his free hand to remove the obstacle between his beloved dagger and the leopard gecko man’s hand. With one slash, Frunkus’s head goes flying, and Sharpfist claims his victory. Congratulations!

Fight 2E: Knifin’ Around the Hoary Marmot Woman vs Lerush Idar the Wolf Man
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/HX7BtPq0

Knifin’ Around (managed by Rendentare) struts into the arena, whistling a slow, happy tune. But what draws the eyes of all the dwarves in the crowd is not the nonchalance of this unintelligible Hoary Marmot Woman, but rather, the shining blue dagger she casually tosses into the air. Goodness knows where she got that from, but it appears that she’s learned her lesson about how to crack armored nuts open.

Lerush Idar (managed by Lucius Ral) had a comparatively easy win last round, where he munched a Wine the Plump Helmet Man to pieces with his ferocious jaws. As he enters, in new, shining steel armor (presumably bankrolled by his mistress as a reward), he slows and narrows his eyes, taking stock of the diminutive herbivore before him. It appears that the food web only grows more dangerous as he works his way around it.

At the ring of the bell, the two gladiators bound towards one another, with Lerush lashing out with a left jab in an attempt to score the first blow. Knifin’ around dodges it though, and lashes out with her humming adamantine dagger. The blade passes clean through Lerush’s wrist and gauntlet, completely severing his left hand and sending it flying! Lerush growls in pain and responds with a right hand punch, but the springy Hoary Marmot Woman bounces away before leaping back in, cutting a bleeding gash across his mailed chest.

Once inside his guard, Knifin’ Around continues her grisly work, chopping off Lerush’s maimed left forearm, before finally slicing him across the throat. The bell rings to announce the end of the fight as Lerush’s body and head separately clang to the ground.. Congratulations to Knifin’ Around!

Fight 2F: Nijinsky the Human vs Evil Death Roll the Reptile Man
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/QJWnuSBS

Nijinsky (managed by Salmeuk) and Evil Death Roll (managed by kosmossen) have their masked and horn helmed heads together in the arena, and appear to be…chatting? Yes folks, in the middle of the arena, the two musical gladiators who are scheduled to fight one another to the death for your enjoyment, are…chatting. The Bard Nijinsky appears to be admiring Evil Death Roll’s axe-guitar hybrid, while the Reptile Man seems happy to explain the instrument to someone who can actually appreciate the artistry behind it, instead of seeing it as something to be sold off to some crazed fan with more money than sense when he’s done using it. Oop, but here come their managers from their respective gates. Looks like there’s some fierce words going on down there.

Guards! Yes, Urist McSecurity, you get down there with your boys and sort things out please.

We apologize for the inconvenience folks, but now that the gladiators have been reminded of the prize, they’re more than ready to charge one another. Evil Death Roll starts out swinging, but the agile Nijinsky seems to have him on his toes. The human bard, wearing nothing but a loincloth and a leather fencing mask, winds and weaves around Evil Death Roll’s axe-guitar, only receiving a few scratches from it. Nijinsky finally gets in a successful strike of his own, cutting open the Reptile Man’s right thigh, and forcing him to his knees.

Nijinsky then stabs him deep in the right upper arm, before alternating back to his thigh, forcing the reptile man into a sadistic game of catch-up as he struggles to properly defend himself. He lags further and further behind though, as Nijinsky cuts him first across the chest, and then reverses to cut across the belly, opening up a torrent of blood. Evil Death Roll collapses in pain in a pool of his own vital fluids, while Nijinsky continues his attempt to open up the Reptile Man to the audience, as he spills his guts, and hacks away at his ribs. Eventually, the puddle of blood and viscera ceases to expand, despite Nijinsky’s best efforts, and Evil Death Roll goes limp. Congratulations to Nijinsky!

Fight 2G: Skitterleap the Rat Woman vs Zglbrk the Unbreakable the Jumping Spider Man
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/HbyXN6K4

Skitterleap (managed by ixn) enters into the arena, still clothed in only her robe and sandals, and executes a simple bow to the crowd. Last round we saw her best fellow martial artist Tirin Umejar the Hare Woman, by first bloodying her into submission, and then choking the life out of her. Since then, Skitterleap has been hard at work under our trainers, learning all the tricks of the trade that you don’t get when you’re just ambushing people along the side of the road.

Opposite her stands Zglbrk the Unbreakable (managed by bifibloust). Upon entering, the Jumping Spider Man hoists his brand new weapon to the cheers of the crowd! A shining blue adamantine shortsword, to replace his old iron one that he broke over the head of Munke the Guerilla Gorilla (as well as 5 new cedar bucklers). It took quite a while to requisition that bad boy, but nothing but another piece of adamantine armor will be blocking his swings from now on!

The two pint sized fighters leap at one another as the bell rings! They seem fairly evenly matched at first, as the rat woman winds and weaves around the humming blade Zglbrk, and each of Skitterleap’s punches thumps into a wooden buckler. The steady pattern of blows and dodges continues…but suddenly one of Zglbrk’s bucklers goes flying!

It appears that Skitterleap had lulled him into a patter, which she’s swiftly takin advantage of. As Zglbrk withdraws his pulped lower right arm, Skitterleap claws at his right calf, tearing chitin and muscle alike. Zglbrk hisses malevolently as lands on the ground, and scuttles towards his opponent, limbs flailing. Skitterleap continues to be a cool operator though, further mangling his legs, before ducking under a swing of the adamantine short sword and disabling the arm that holds it, forcing Zglbrk to let go of his prize.

Zglbrk grows increasingly frantic, while Skitterleap continues to send bucklers flying, even letting her fearsome incisors join in on the fun as she shakes him around by the leg. Eventually though, the rat woman seems to have her fill, and drawing back her right hand, sends it straight through Zglbrk’s belly, and out the other side! Zglbrk gives one last twitch, before sliding off of Skitterleap’s arm and falling to the ground. Congratulations to Skitterleap! You have faced one of the most lethal weapons the arena has to offer, and come out on top.

Fight 2H: Horof Dreadhoof the Minotaur vs Boofy the Ant Man Drone
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/a61MGXpY

Horof (managed by Nibudd) is on a mission to reclaim his right to use the family name, after he was exiled for his belief in avoiding pain as a valid part of combat. He’s made one step on that journey after he decapitated Gromp Gromp the Roach Man (apparently those do need their heads), but he has several more to make.
   One of those of course being Boofy (managed by Boofy). He made quite the impact on the crowd (and his opponent, Jabmwabp) with his hefty platinum pick, but afterwards he seems to have disappeared, only showing up today for his match. Perhaps he was attending the Peregrine Falcon community’s Sky Burial for their fallen member? Ah well, it’s not like he told any of us when he stormed in.

Boofy runs straight at Horof, but the minotaur blocks with his ornate bronze great axe, before swinging it around to lop off one of the ant man’s forearms. White ichor begins to flow, but Boofy ignores it, tenaciously striking again with his pickaxe! His strike is once again blocked though, and this time he loses a leg for his trouble. Boofy collapses in a puddle of his own ichor, swinging wildly with his pickaxe, while Horof looms over him. Boofy’s flailing rapidly weakens though, as the flow of ichor from his stumps slows, before finally stopping altogether. Congratulations to Horof on his victory!

Fight 2I: Diago Pastor 53rd the Roach Man vs  Rasgrid The Bard The Dwarf
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/6nLswJYD

Our next contestant enters the arena with nothing but a new wooden shield to his name. Diago Pastor 53rd (managed by aspy523) has done a fine job of upholding his late brother's memory, but his choice of spear and shield has caused some controversy among his knife enthusiast family. Family imposed stigma aside, he's already proven himself a worthy fighter after slaying Urist McGladiator IV in round 1, but will his gamble of training over acquisition of new gear pay off?

Rasgrid The Bard (managed by Miuramir) meanwhile, seems to have taken the opposite approach, purchasing new fancy equipment. He twirls a new steel battleaxe while fiddling with his steel helm's visor, analyzing the diminutive foe before him. This revolutionary bard made short work of Borberroorb The Thirsty in round one, no doubt in part due to that fiery partisan zeal of his. But can this champion of the people continue his winning streak, or will his singing days be cut short?

The bell rings, and these two warriors waste no time in striking one another. The furious melee scores no hits on either side, as the dwarf and roach man skillfully dodge, block, or parry each other's attacks. The whirlwind of axe and spear soon yields results however, as Diago skillfully stabs his foe in the lower body, and left leg, effortlessly piercing the leather armor protecting them! Knocked prone now, Rasgrid has only enough time to reassure himself in that singsong voice of his, before his right hand is stabbed clean off by the nimble Diago!

Though he still holds his battle axe in his remaining hand, Rasgrid's mobility is gone, and he is bleeding out rapidly, causing him to miss all of his retaliatory strikes. Diago, perhaps showboating a little, switches from stabbing to punching. Surprisingly, his thin insectoid limbs deliver a savage hit, knocking the bard's teeth clean out of his mouth! This disfigurement is too much for poor Rasgrid, who cries out in panic. Diago is no sadist however, and switches to more lethal methods.  After disabling his opponent further, he swiftly finishes the bout with a merciful lance to the neck, sending a chunk of it tumbling through the air! Congratulations Diago Pastor 53rd on this decisive victory!

Fight 2J: James "Mephit-One" Misayuki the Skunk Man vs Sweetteeth the Leech Man
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/gw380J2M

Striding into the arena with a shiny new steel longsword, we have the anxious fluffy skunk man, James "Mephit-One" Misayuki (managed by Toybasher)! Do I detect a slight bounce to this skunk man's step? He’s looking a bit skittery, more than his usual jittery self in any case. Fresh off his victory against Morris Sr, perhaps our skunk man has a slight edge against his new opponent, as he has already had to deal with one toothy foe...

Of course in this tourney, there's only one true toothy devil; the slovenly maw of Sweetteeth (managed by Merrygin)! Still kitted head to toe in ominous black bronze armor, the only outward change we can observe on this leech man is the fact he's carrying a goblin cap buckler. Of course I'm assured he's been training long and hard for this duel, but that only makes one wonder how a fighter would train their biter skill? Perhaps some questions are best left unanswered... After the lengthy, gorey demolition of the bat man Nycteris last round, and his subsequent devouring, we can only assume this will be another nasty fight. But just how messy will it get before we have our next winner?

The bell rings, and soon we're well on our way to finding the answer! James expertly stabs the lunging Sweetteeth in the left arm with his steel blade, and has to wrench it away as it finds soft flesh beneath its bronze armored shell. Sweetteeth's left arm and hand seem to be the skunk man's favorite targets, and he lands a few more slashes in quick succession. Sweetteeth for his part, lashes out in frustration, but his gnashing teeth bite only empty air! Sick of the skunk man's anxious dodging, our leech man barrels into his quarry, and lands his first hit; a blunt bash of his buckler to James's first toe!

Incredibly, this toe injury is enough to make James's nerve shatter! He runs back and forth, babbling about his hurt toe, and begging the crowd to save him! I know this skunk man is a bit of an anxious fellow, but it's just a toe injury for goodness sake! Hungry to capitalize on the skunk man's weakness, Sweetteeth lunges, and bites him squarely in the right arm, and right paw! The pain snaps James back into the fight, and he stabs the leech man in the right and left arms, just out of the protection of the leech man’s black bronze breastplate and gauntlets! Sweetteeth lunges, knocking the skunk man prone for a split second. Astonishingly, James maintains possession of his steel longsword, and proceeds to use it to great effect in his new assault. Bloody gashes are slashed across the leech man, until a lightning flash of steel lops his left arm in its entirety!

While James might have panicked at the sight of a broken toe, Sweetteeth's bravery (or lust for blood) keeps him in the fight. But as James lands blow after blow into his bloodied body, how much longer will the leech man hold on? Time seems to be running out for Sweetteeth, as he collapses from sheer exhaustion brought about by the gruesome wounds he's sustained, and from chasing James around the arena! Perhaps overconfident now, James wastes this golden opportunity by merely slapping the dying Sweetteeth with the flat of his blade, only to jump back in horror as the starving leech man roars into action once more! James, exhausted from fear and the difficult task of hacking through the leech man's black bronze armor, also collapses to the floor. Sweetteeth is too ruthless (and famished) to let an opportunity like this slip through his fingers. He bites the skunk man in the ear, causing it to collapse between his sharp teeth like wet tissue paper, before tearing it off entirely! Spitting it out now, and shrugging off Jame's retaliatory gut stab, the leech man drives forward; biting his foe in the neck and latching on firmly, even as James struggles to roll away!

The fate of these gladiators stands on a razor's edge now, as incredibly, James manages to penetrate Sweetteeth's breastplate, stabbing him in the upper body and tearing an artery! As he begins to bleed out, Sweetteeth falls back on his signature move; the bite and thrash. Shaking his head to and fro, he mangles James's neck and spine! James’s body goes limp, and he drops his sword with a sickening gasp, as Sweetteeth shakes and bites with all the rapidly dwindling strength he can muster. As pints of his blood mix with that of the skunk man's, a desperate buckler bash is finally enough to make James lose consciousness for now. Fatigued, Sweetteeth proceeds to bash his enemy in the head over and over again, even as he despairs that his injuries are too grievous! For a moment, he passes out from exhaustion, as James comes-to, only to wake up again, and continue his grim buckler bludgeoning blitz. At long last, Sweetteeth stops his assault and examines the skunk man... James "Mephit-One" Misayuki's head is an unrecognizable mass of pulped flesh, and he lives no more.

Congratulations to Sweetteeth!  This fight looked like it could have gone either way, but in the end your bloodlust was enough to tip the balance in your favor!

Fight 2K: Faurine Lethirami the Elf vs the Human Carabella the Fast
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/W2XVFnNN

Next up we have quite the unique matchup for you folks, two ranged combat specialists!

Faurine Lethirami (managed by Mudequipy) the elf examines her bow, and settles into a relaxed shooting stance. She's upgraded her iron bow and helm to their steel equivalents, and seems to draw her weapon with a bit more confidence. Her unambitious nature belies her wicked sharpshooter instincts, ones demonstrated by crippling Squirtplank in the first seconds of her round 1 matchup. Will lady luck shine down on her, as it did in round 1?

Standing opposite the elf is Carabella the Fast (managed by RandomFastom). This wannabee shareholder/ contributor to the Militia-Workshop-Complex eyes the elf with a confident smirk. She's expressed the crossbow's inherent superiority over the bow during her preparations for this round... Certainly by the way she holds her trusty steel crossbow, she believes her own words. Will This matchup of bow vs crossbow settle this debate once and for all and prove which is the better killing instrument, or will it all come down to which archer is the faster draw? Let's find out!

The bell rings, signaling the start of the fight. Barely a second has passed, and first blood is drawn... Blinking in surprise, the elf Faurine looks down to see a steel bolt lodged in her lower right leg! She tumbles to the ground, as another bolt strikes her in the left leg, causing immense damage. As Carabella boasts about how she feels no fear, Faurine snarls and lets loose a steel arrow, but the human lives up to her name, and speedily dodges the shot! As if to celebrate this astounding feat, Carabella shoots the injured elf in the right leg once more, but our cool headed elf won't let her human opponent celebrate for long. Her bowstring snaps, sending a steel arrow directly into Carabella's upper body!

Unphased by the gruesome wound, Carabella doesn't give up the initiative, and shoots the elf in the right leg again, tearing the elf's leather boot and leggings asunder! With the elf’s extremities in dire straits, Carabella begins pumping shots into Faurine's lower body and left arm, causing the bow woman to drop her bow in agony as bone breaks under the impacts. With no other options available to her, Faurine drags herself towards the human, and attempts to stab her foe with her remaining arrows. Her already crippled body is shot again and again by the methodical Carabella however, forcing her to drop her arrows due to a wicked shot to the right shoulder. Completely unarmed now, Faurine presses her luck, lunging clumsily at Carabella, and forces the human to dodge from time to time. Despite her valiant attempts, luck seems to be on Carabella's side now. Faurine periodically passes out from exhaustion and all the damage she's sustained, as Carabella calmly depletes her bolt stock by dumping them into the prone, broken elf at her feet; many bolts finding their new home in the elf's spine and already mangled limbs.

Finally out of bolts, Carabella resorts to bludgeoning the unconscious elf with her crossbow! Surely this goes against her dedication to ranged combat, but sometimes you just have to get your hands dirty it seems! Each dull THWACK of the crossbow bruises and batters Faurine more and more, until a final strained breath escapes her blood spattered lips, and she suffocates at Carabella's feet. Who knows which of this deluge of crossbow bashes was the killing blow, but my money's on whichever one broke her ribs and pierced her lungs! A terrible way to go!

Congratulations to Carabella The Fast! You'ved lived up to your name, being the faster draw in this matchup. Now go rest and recuperate for round 3! You certainly need it after all that physical exertion... 

Fight 2L: Mr. T the Troll vs Logem Branchsyrup the Wolverine Man
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/EikzSgWZ

Mr. T (managed by /u/Leoniidass) stumbles into the arena, having confidently (or foolishly) spent his time between matches celebrating instead of training. After handily demolishing Prickle Rick in round 1, this troll seems to be banking on his massive size advantage, and wicked bismuth bronze maul to carry him through to victory.

Puffing one of his signature stogies, Logem Branchsyrup (managed by kesperan) grimly sizes up his new foe. Size means nothing to this tough, grizzled bastard. Though he hasn't replaced his humble iron short sword, word has it he's been hitting the gym between matches with the fervor of a man possessed. To him, all his foes are just obstacles in his pursuit of the mythical adamantine. Flicking the ash covered bud of his cigar aside, he draws his claw-like sword, exhales a cloud of smoke, and readies himself.

The skill difference between these two opponents makes itself clear within seconds, as Logem throws himself into a furious, savage assault. His iron sword sings as it stabs the towering Mr. T in the gut, and severs the troll's big toe with another swing. Deftly dodging the troll's clumsy strikes and furious charges, the wolverine man scores another hit with a dizzyingly fast lunge!

Mr. T's left arm is broken by this powerful blow, an injury that proves so great, that Mr T falls to the floor unconscious from the pain! With his overconfident foe helpless at his feet, Logem unceremoniously stabs the troll in the head, and slashes him in the neck, cleaving it asunder. Having carved plenty of room for its passage, the troll’s death rattle escapes via this new, crimson canyon in his gaping trachea.

Well done, Logem Branchsyrup! You're inching your way ever closer to the mysteries of the adamantine your amnesiatic mind so desperately seeks. Though you barely exerted yourself, making short work of the towering Mr. T, so perhaps a celebratory cigar is in order?

Fight 2M: Stimraug the Armadillo Man vs Cupuaçu the Capybara Man
Gamelog:

Error by Organizer necessitated re-reun of fight, resulted in Stimraug victory.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 03:38:12 pm by Mkhos »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33