Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Agartha: RTD God Game  (Read 3151 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Agartha: RTD God Game
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2023, 10:54:46 pm »

"I like plump helmets, meself."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2023, 11:08:01 pm »

"I like plump helmets, meself."

"Plump helmets?  Where?"
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2023, 11:09:55 pm »

"Caves, u'suly."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2023, 12:53:56 am »

"Which caves?", Bastet asks, motioning at the barren cave around her, a touch of exasperation creeping into her voice.  She then looks at Uristos.  "Bring me some."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2023, 01:56:40 am »

"Oh good a light, now I can actaully see where I'm going."
Grab the gemstone and use its light to guide my way while I look for anything useful, like a rod shaped rock or something.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2023, 09:12:55 am »

Glug-Glug disperses into the waters, divide and conquer and all that, someone’s bound to make that a quote eventually.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2023, 10:18:59 pm »

It would be wrong to expect perfect success, wouldn't it? Breaking the perpetual requires that failure be possible for the perpetuity.

One day, even Hezerhekahaithoth will end. How ironic.

Hezerhekahaithoth creates a Watcher, a living, floating jade eye with spiritual form, existing to detect systems of insufficient or excessive entropy.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2023, 11:13:45 pm »

((Is this still open? I posted a sheet anyways.))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2023, 05:18:01 am »

Belatedly, The Herald springs from a pile of rubble. As he shakes the dust off of his wings, the light radiating from him intensifies, until even his reflected brilliance is enough to illuminate nearby tunnels.

Spoiler: The Light (click to show/hide)
Pour in from the dark cracks and bathe all in holy light.

The Herald pours his light into a cleft in the cave floor, and it flows outwards through the network of cracks and stress fractures that the cosmogonic earthquake left behind. Eventually it works its way into other parts of the cave system, where daylight begins shining from every gap in the earth.

But as the circle of illumination expands, it also becomes more difficult to control, and eventually the Herald's attention slips. The power he's channeling twists itself into a different form, and instead of light, spikes of razor-sharp quartz erupt from the cave walls. A sharp pain brings his attention back to his body, and he opens his eyes to find that three of the crystaline needles have pierced his arm.

(+1 Harm)

Uristos stares at the gem in Bastet's head with beady eyes, their thoughts cascading through their head like stone gears.
...There's a shiny. Getting the shiny is good. Take it from the earth and put it in a home.

But there is no home yet! So, in order to take shinies, one must first build a home.

Uristos carves out a mountainhome around Bastet!

As Uristos considers Bastet, or more precisely the precious gemstone set in Bastet's forehead, they independently rederive the idea of a treasury. Then they set about building one.

Moving Bastet would be inconvenient, so Uristos simply walls her off. Then they get to work on the tunnel network, which is many times larger than any part of the mountainhome that can be seen aboveground. Boltholes and hidden passages connect it to a dozen nearby caverns.

Finally, there are the traps. Spiked pits, rockfalls, magma pumps, and a hundred other devious contraptions, all controllable from a panic room that's filled to the brim with unlabeled levers.

"Oh good a light, now I can actaully see where I'm going."
Grab the gemstone and use its light to guide my way while I look for anything useful, like a rod shaped rock or something.

1, 4

Debby picks up the gemstone. Her grip on it involuntarily tightens, and before she can work out what's going on, she experiences a sensation that could best be described as a fishhook piercing her soul.

For all that it just did something terrible to her, the stone is still glowing brightly enough to illuminate Debby's surroundings, so she raises it to shoulder height and goes looking for tools.

Most of the stones around here are chunky and round, but eventually Debby wanders into a tunnel where bouquets of quartz needles seem to have burst from every gap in the rock. A few of the larger ones might be suitably rodlike, if she were to snap them off and file down the sharp edges.

Glug-Glug disperses into the waters, divide and conquer and all that, someone’s bound to make that a quote eventually.

Glug-Glug dissolves, and a red film creeps over the water it was submerged in. It soaks through the muddy walls and climbs upwards, into a subterranean river that seems to be the source of the flooding.

As it turns out, this dispersed form is not especially good at navigating running water. Thin films of blood can't exert enough force to move aganst a current, and the river's continuous motion threatens to separate parts of Glub-Glub's body from the rest of itself or dilute it to the point of uselessness.

It would be wrong to expect perfect success, wouldn't it? Breaking the perpetual requires that failure be possible for the perpetuity.

One day, even Hezerhekahaithoth will end. How ironic.

Hezerhekahaithoth creates a Watcher, a living, floating jade eye with spiritual form, existing to detect systems of insufficient or excessive entropy.

Hezerhekahaithoth plucks a jade orb from empty air. It bores a hole in the precious stone, hollows it out from the inside, and etches an iris onto its blank surface, so that it more accurately resembles an eye, and then turns to creation again, this time to provide the object with a spark of life and a shadow of Hezerhekahaithoth's own purpose.

The finished Watcher begins flicking itself from side to side, as if dividing its attention between invisible currents of order and chaos.

World and Character Summaries
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 06:33:06 am by Whisperling »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2023, 05:26:06 am »

Minemineminemineminemine! Start carving out storerooms!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2023, 10:40:07 am »

Spoiler: The Light (click to show/hide)

"Ah to bleed, and from my blood I shall grant thee a new life."

Pluck the three shards from my arm, infusing each with light and the power of my divine blood to create three beings of crystalline light; the Guardians.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2023, 04:25:37 pm »

As Uristos mines around her, Bastet fades away leaving not even the gem that was in her forehead.

Note:

After talking with the GM, I have come to the conclusion that I cannot meet the restrictions that the GM has put on Bastet's character without completely bastardizing her character.  As such, I will be bowing out of this game.  Good bye, and I hope you have a nice game.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2023, 05:02:00 pm »

Come on, get it together, Glug Glug can't lose himself entirely!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2023, 03:13:38 am »

"Oh man that felt like a bad thing, Oh well I'm sure I'll be fine."
Grab one of larger quarts rods and after filing the edges down I shall mount the glowing gem to the end of it so I can use it as a torch to light my way as I continue to explore the caverns.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2023, 08:58:01 am »

"Oh man that felt like a bad thing, Oh well I'm sure I'll be fine."
Grab one of larger quarts rods and after filing the edges down I shall mount the glowing gem to the end of it so I can use it as a torch to light my way as I continue to explore the caverns.
Brah I am literally a light.
Pages: 1 [2] 3