Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Agartha: RTD God Game  (Read 3149 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Agartha: RTD God Game
« on: June 20, 2023, 12:53:00 pm »

AGARTHA

Spoiler: An Explanation (click to show/hide)

In every direction, there is earth.

But your perception extends far beyond the place where your body is entombed, and you can tell that there are variations. Soil, with its familiar crumbly texture. Stones of many different kinds. Mud, in regions where there's enough groundwater to moisten it, often accompanied by clay and silt. Precious gems, metallic ores, dry sand, magma that glows red-hot with sourceless heat. And seams filled with rubble, each produced by a stirring of the vast tectonic forces which shape this place.

Those forces are converging now, in a way that unsettles your dreams and makes the earth around you creak with tension. Soon the firmament will split open, and your eons-long slumber will finally come to an end.

Spoiler: Who are you? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 11:48:29 pm by Whisperling »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Agartha
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 12:59:37 pm »

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

Players:
Spoiler: Bastet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Uristos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Debby (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Glug-Glug (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hezerhekahaithoth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Herald (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 06:10:52 am by Whisperling »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 08:22:47 pm »

As there are, as of yet, no other gods,  Bastet  rests in her first form.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 10:43:12 pm »

What is your name?
Uristos

What form do you take?
A short creature fond of drink and industry. They take no particular gender but have a long beard with the color and consistency of stone.

What essence defines you?
Greed and industry, yet also comfort.

What is you purpose?
To mine and acquire all of worth there is.

Mine for precious Bastet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2023, 10:43:35 pm »

Welp, guess not I have to update to Driftwould. Oh well~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Agartha: RTD God Game
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2023, 01:59:25 am »

Excited for this as I quite enjoyed the first one!

What is your name? Debby

What form do you take? A female humanoid with the head of a deer, that's wearing casual clothing, a pair of sunglasses, and a wide brimmed hat.

What essence defines you? Curiosity and inventiveness.

What is you purpose? To discover and invent things.

Pick a random direction and start walking and see what I find.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2023, 02:06:02 am »

What is your name? Glug-Glug
What form do you take? A Shifting mass of meat ooze, sometimes with more form, sometimes with less
What essence defines you? Chaos, the origin of Freedom- Creation- and Madness.
What is you purpose? I am purposeless, my purpose can thus be said to be making my own purpose.

Glug-Glug Wanders at random.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2023, 03:48:00 am »

((I was assuming that the firmament had already split open, freeing her, and Bastet was lying on the ground...))

Bastet opens one eye and silently considers the other deities who have appeared so far...

Mayyyybeeee...

No.

Probably not.

Edit:  Ground.  Firmament.  Same thing!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 03:25:05 pm by A_Curious_Cat »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2023, 02:46:21 pm »

((What is the ground? I see only earth in all directions!))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2023, 03:26:18 pm »

((What is the ground? I see only earth in all directions!))

((I think I've fuxxed the post...)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2023, 05:41:42 pm »

Hezerhekahaithoth begins to bring an end to the primordial chaos, projecting stillness from a generated crystal of void.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2023, 09:53:33 am »

The pressure bearing down on the world increases. It may be an eternity before the firmament reaches its breaking point, or it may happen in an eyeblink - the difference is meaningless to beings who do not yet have any concept of time. But sooner or later the strain is too much, and the tectonic plate those beings are embedded in undergoes a sudden and dramatic collapse.

All is chaos. Fissures open, boulders fly in random directions, and everything is enveloped in a single contiguous landslide. But eventually the tremors stop, and the newly-created cavern settles into its final shape. There are ceilings and floors, dark crevices and broad expanses of open space. The atmosphere is stale, but it's breathable air, and a faint whistling noise suggests that more might be seeping up from below.

It is this world into which five primordial entities emerge.

Bastet climbs languorously from a depression in the earth. For now, the jewel on her forehead is the only source of light, and the cavern she rests in is painted violet by its glow.

Uristos claws their way to the surface, leaving behind a small tunnel and a mound of displaced stone. Their beard reaches almost to their ankles, and is nearly indistinguishable from the bedrock they just dug through.

Debby drops from the ceiling and lands squarely on a convenient ledge. She dons the hat and sunglasses that she appeared with and sets off in search of adventure.

Glug-Glug pours through a crack no wider than a fingernail. It gathers itself up into a ball of gristle and richochets back and forth through the nearest tunnels.

Hezerhekahaithoth puts an end to its imprisonment by tearing itself from the face of a cliff. For now, its body is a curtain of light and dust, rapidly appearing and then winking out of existence.

As there are, as of yet, no other gods,  Bastet  rests in her first form.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(A_Curious_Cat - your sheet's okay, but to be clear, this game is SFW. Keep the sensuality and lust tasteful).
Uristos: 3

Bastet lounges on a ridge from which she can observe the other primordial deites - or at least those of them who haven't already wandered off. Few measure up to her standards.

When Uristos catches sight of her, they jump straight back into the hole they emerged from. Several minutes later, Bastet hears thumping, clattering, and coughing from behind her. The noise increases in volume and intensity until Uristos bursts out of the wall, covered in a thick layer of coal dust.

Excited for this as I quite enjoyed the first one!
Pick a random direction and start walking and see what I find.

Debby takes a circuit around the cave she arrived in, and then another few caves after that. They all seem fairly similar to each other, given that they're made from the same mixture of stone and soil, but upon entering the tenth or eleventh cave she finds something unusual: a cat's-eye gemstone, flickering with orange light. In the absence of any other illumination, it's nearly impossible to miss.

Glug-Glug Wanders at random.

Glug-Glug careens through a long series of tunnels, still in its gristly ball-shape. The upheavel that created this world may have died down, but the cavern hasn't finished settling. There are still rocks to topple, mudslides to set into motion, and unstable walls to collapse. Glug-Glug bumps into several of these as it continues on its way, setting off a chain of minor disasters.

One of the tunnels opens into a more spacious cave that is also thoroughly waterlogged. The walls slump under their own weight, and rivulets leaking from the ceiling have already transformed the ground into a murky pool. Glub-Glub lands directly in the center, producing an enormous splash.

Hezerhekahaithoth begins to bring an end to the primordial chaos, projecting stillness from a generated crystal of void.

Hezerhekahaithoth notices that some of the primordial chaos is still in motion, and resolves to make it stop. To that end, it coils up, gathering together all the parts of itself which cause cessation rather than creation, and tries to scour all matter and velocity from a single point at the center of its being.

The void takes form, and it absorbs matter and motion in approximately the way that Hezerhekahaithoth intended it to, but it fails to crystalize. Instead, it slowly diffuses into the surrounding area, expending itself to annihilate air and streaks of the cave floor.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 12:06:45 pm by Whisperling »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2023, 10:57:21 am »

Spoiler: The Light (click to show/hide)

Pour in from the dark cracks and bathe all in holy light.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 10:37:21 am by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2023, 05:06:03 pm »

Uristos stares at the gem in Bastet's head with beady eyes, their thoughts cascading through their head like stone gears.
...There's a shiny. Getting the shiny is good. Take it from the earth and put it in a home.

But there is no home yet! So, in order to take shinies, one must first build a home.

Uristos carves out a mountainhome around Bastet!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2023, 10:22:48 pm »

Bastet  is shocked awake by Uristos's arrival.  She breifly considers him, but then comes to a shocking conclusion as she stares at the barren cavern.

"What will my children eat?", she asks, looking around...

Pages: [1] 2 3