Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy - Game Over, Town has won  (Read 15181 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy (9/9)? Day 1
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2023, 10:50:27 am »

Euchrejack, how much time left?

No answers from Maxine or Maximum Spin. Too bad.

I agree, and would not find someone voting Snowkiller at lynch suspicious, but here's the thing: we aren't at lynch yet. We have more than 24 hours to go and we can and should use that time to poke at people who are actually playing the game. You're throwing that opportunity away by parking your vote on someone you think isn't playing.
Well, we are getting close to the deadline and you haven't done all that much poking in the last 24 hours. In day one you have first spent a lot of time hounding NJW for sketchy reasons and then after declaring your vote on me you've not contributed much either. I have you down as slightly sus.

What does Pfp mean?

Quarque: the gut read on Max is partly because he doesn’t seem that uncertain as town, and partly because he seems to be interacting a bit less with players than usual… he doesn’t question people hard D1, but he usually has something to talk about. Very chatty in an off-topic manner though. That led to an ok vote on scum!max last game.
This is a really good point. Didn't answer my question why they voted Maxine, either. There are currently three votes on Maxine, so I can add a second vote on Maximum Spin without creating a tie.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2023, 10:55:39 am »

Don’t want a snow killer Elim as it likely won’t tell us much about the people voting them… if they don’t play at all, killing them at night would be the proper thing.
For killing at night to work we need to agree on who is going to shoot them (2 players at least). Not much time for that, but I'll happily volunteer.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2023, 11:01:28 am »

Don’t want a snow killer Elim as it likely won’t tell us much about the people voting them… if they don’t play at all, killing them at night would be the proper thing.
For killing at night to work we need to agree on who is going to shoot them (2 players at least). Not much time for that, but I'll happily volunteer.
I would also like to volunteer
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2023, 11:08:01 am »

Well, we are getting close to the deadline and you haven't done all that much poking in the last 24 hours. In day one you have first spent a lot of time hounding NJW for sketchy reasons and then after declaring your vote on me you've not contributed much either. I have you down as slightly sus.

What does Pfp mean?
Post(ing) from phone.

I've been quiet because I'm waiting to see how MS's push on Maxine and your push on, uh, five people at once turn out.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2023, 11:11:39 am »

As of Now, there is 9 hours 46 minutes remaining.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2023, 03:04:19 pm »

Do I seem uncertain? I don't feel that uncertain, but, well, I don't really KNOW any of these people, so it's hard for me to make statements with confidence.

What makes you think that you would die this night?
Half the players seem to think I'm mafia, and the mafia themselves probably consider me a primary target for removal. ESPECIALLY if it really is NJW2000.

Maxine's statements and responses feel very formulaic, like a somewhat inexperienced player thinking "I'd better do the townie thing here."  I also have a bad gut feeling about Quarque's and Maxine's interactions. However, at the immediate moment, I don't care about this anymore.

If I interpret Elephant Parade in the last game as someone who was assuming he was on the side of town (until everyone became convinced Snowkiller was mafia), then NJW2000 and Elephant Parade are both within their expected town meta as people who tend to get really stuck on something not really all that important, so I currently think this is just a town fight. If it's not, I very very weakly find NJW2000 more suspicious of the two.

Who's left? Sniller, Cryre, "Sorry, eh?" cat, and... right, couch of God. Nobody I can really say much about, although Cat in the Hat and, uh... Slouch on the Couch seem fine. I'm comfortable eliminating Heat Miser if he doesn't vote. Actually, no, looking back, the Cat in America's Hat is really rubbing me the wrong way and may be the right place to move my vote if I decide to do that. At the moment, I am not interested in doing so.

All right, we need to worry about the night. Broadly, we want to avoid two possibilities: Everyone goes off half-cocked and shoots up the place, ending the game in a loss immediately, OR everyone shoots the same couple of people, wasting all the shots. However, at the same time, the mafia will want to shoot people who don't shoot, eliminating those shots. I'm certainly going to shoot since I don't expect to survive the night anyway. I think Cryre and Quark should follow through on their stated commitment, presuming we don't lynch either of them or Sniller. Everyone else, I'm going to recommend you flip a coin to decide whether or not to shoot. This will most likely keep things from getting too fiery without giving any information away. Or at least that sounds really plausible to me right now. If I get lynched, though, I'm going to arbitrarily say that Elephant Parade should shoot. I also think it might be useful for the rest of the noobs to declare their preferred shooting targets now. I don't think it gives the mafia too much extra help, especially if you do what I said about flipping a coin, while it should make the next day easier to untangle.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2023, 04:06:00 pm »

This is better, though may be due to prompting.

Flipping a coin is an ok idea, and denies the mafia info. If you’re pretty sure though, I’d say shoot. Coordinating beyond a certain point was very scum-sided last game, so smart not to.

Hm… I know what you mean about CanadianKitten. Far too nice, and apologising for scumtells.

I’d shift my vote…?

One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2023, 04:11:08 pm »

This is better, though may be due to prompting.
As a general rule, I don't care about prompting in the least, but sometimes I just wake up in a different mood and decide to say something different.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2023, 04:43:13 pm »

Mhm. I’m probably going to bed now. I know if Maxine flips scum, I’ll look pretty dubious, but I really don’t have much confidence in a wagon based on two gutreads, with a third vote thrown on top like that. Ironic, given Maxine looks like they might be mafia

Less of a scum read on EP now… could see CK. even with maximumSpin, perhaps.

Going to keep my vote where it is. Don’t think many players are gunning for CK and I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt on the scumhunting front.

Goodnight all.
One wheel short of a wagon

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2023, 05:17:16 pm »

Hm… I know what you mean about CanadianKitten. Far too nice, and apologising for scumtells.

I’d shift my vote…?
Just curious, what is far too nice about my post excluding the latter section?
Should I try to tone it down? Try to be ruder?

Who's left? Sniller, Cryre, "Sorry, eh?" cat, and... right, couch of God. Nobody I can really say much about, although Cat in the Hat and, uh... Slouch on the Couch seem fine. I'm comfortable eliminating Heat Miser if he doesn't vote. Actually, no, looking back, the Cat in America's Hat is really rubbing me the wrong way and may be the right place to move my vote if I decide to do that. At the moment, I am not interested in doing so.

All right, we need to worry about the night. Broadly, we want to avoid two possibilities: Everyone goes off half-cocked and shoots up the place, ending the game in a loss immediately, OR everyone shoots the same couple of people, wasting all the shots. However, at the same time, the mafia will want to shoot people who don't shoot, eliminating those shots. I'm certainly going to shoot since I don't expect to survive the night anyway. I think Cryre and Quark should follow through on their stated commitment, presuming we don't lynch either of them or Sniller. Everyone else, I'm going to recommend you flip a coin to decide whether or not to shoot. This will most likely keep things from getting too fiery without giving any information away. Or at least that sounds really plausible to me right now. If I get lynched, though, I'm going to arbitrarily say that Elephant Parade should shoot. I also think it might be useful for the rest of the noobs to declare their preferred shooting targets now. I don't think it gives the mafia too much extra help, especially if you do what I said about flipping a coin, while it should make the next day easier to untangle.

Will take in mind the coin flipping for shooting or not.
I think I would have Maxine as a preferred shooting target.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2023, 05:17:51 pm »

PFP

I find TCk the most suspicious of the newbies (largely because of his newbposting-into-absence combo; I'm feeling better about him now that he's engaging more, but still worse than Maxine, let alone CM or sofanthiel).

I don't really see what other people are seeing in Maxine. I found them vaguely iffy but I have much stronger scumreads so I'd be fairly surprised if they were scum. I admittedly haven't thought much about them because I find the Million Quotes Technique annoying to parse.

I would reiterate the case against Quarque here but I don't have time so I'm going to be lazy and ask everyone to go back over their posts for themselves. I still think they're the best lynch today, though part of that is my belief that they're a plausible teammate for my other two top scumpicks, NJW and Max.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2023, 05:21:45 pm »

Just curious, what is far too nice about my post excluding the latter section?
Should I try to tone it down? Try to be ruder?
I think what he means by that is that you sound like you are trying very hard to be beige and neutral and not make any enemies, which is traditionally considered a scumtell.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2023, 05:25:23 pm »

Currently, I suspect Quarque and Max(ine).  My thoughts on Maxine have already been echoed in the current, or at the very least recent, lynch train.

Now, Cork...  After re-reading all your posts, I think the jump on and consequent antagonization of Snow during my pressure vote is super strange; using our first day to hammer a lurker in the head would be incredibly convenient for the mafia, wouldn't it?  Additionally, your attack on me seemed a touch too nitpicky, almost deliberately misreading/misconstruing NJW's comments as being against me in order to build a false narrative.  I will also point out that Car-key has been voting with Maxine-um for the majority of today, which leads to now opting to pick the more contributing Max while presenting the other Max as an option.  Considering one's teammate as possible scum without ever actually committing might be an attempt to separate the two in the eyes of others.  Not to mention, trying to figure out who wants to shoot whom tonight here:
For killing at night to work we need to agree on who is going to shoot them (2 players at least).

Admittedly, this one only seems untrustworthy, especially when the better strategy appears to be what Spin presented, but I do understand that these events didn't occur in the right chronological order for me to seriously criticize.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2023, 05:27:03 pm »

I will also point out that Car-key has been voting with Maxine-um
I'm really sorry to say, but I think you need more practice before you try this. :P

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2023, 05:29:31 pm »

you sound like you are trying very hard to be beige and neutral and not make any enemies, which is traditionally considered a scumtell.

Or a newbietell, like I've demonstrated last game!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25