Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy - Game Over, Town has won  (Read 15221 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy (9/9)? Day 1
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2023, 06:30:13 pm »

I'm concerned about it because, for the reasons I've gone over, I find it weird.

Fair enough re: Maxine not playing like a newbie but I still find it odd that the only Snowkiller vote significant enough to mention in your reads list was the least offensive one.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2023, 06:33:36 pm »

I'd say that Maxine is definitely one of my more suspicious reads, so I can't see the problem there. Although I'm not exactly convinced of NJW2000's innocence either.
On the other hand, I have arrived at a state of acceptance that there's no way I survive the night, so I'm just trying to figure out who to shoot.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2023, 06:35:11 pm »

Wait, Maxine was actually the first person to vote Snowkiller, not Sofanthiel. I hadn't realized that Maxine had voted him at all. I'm bumping Quarque up a sus level for being the third person to join the SK wagon.
I had to double check this one, the vote counter states that Maxine did in fact vote Sofanthiel and also this post had Maxine voting sofanthiel:
sofanthiel: What did you do wrong last game? How is it going to affect your play this game?
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2023, 06:37:23 pm »

Wait, Maxine was actually the first person to vote Snowkiller, not Sofanthiel. I hadn't realized that Maxine had voted him at all. I'm bumping Quarque up a sus level for being the third person to join the SK wagon.
I had to double check this one, the vote counter states that Maxine did in fact vote Sofanthiel and also this post had Maxine voting sofanthiel:
sofanthiel: What did you do wrong last game? How is it going to affect your play this game?
No, I meant that Maxine, not sofanthiel, was the one who started the Snowkiller wagon (see this post).

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2023, 06:39:08 pm »

No, I meant that Maxine, not sofanthiel, was the one who started the Snowkiller wagon (see this post).
Thanks, I thought it was before the vote count.
she/her

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2023, 08:31:25 pm »

Maxine: So far you've put almost as little effort into the game as I did, that makes you very suspect.  ;) Seriously though, who are your top suspects and why?

Elephant Parade: why insist so hard on your NJW read? His play seems to me like the most convincingly Town of the bunch. You've spent a lot of focus on his "weird attack", which was clearly just an attempt to get a player to talk. Why are you reading so much into that? Am I missing something?

Maximum Spin: Playing cards close to chest and hard to read you as usual. Your explanation of why you voted Maxine is extremely vague, any chance you'd be willing to eleborate?

Canadian Kitten: I know you're brand new to the game, but you seem very hesitant to question anyone or suspect them. Why?

NJW: I find it interesting what your gut is saying about Maximum Spin. I am getting a very subtle Town vibe from them compared to last game - I read the slightly less confident tone as a good sign. Could you be more specific or point to anything in particular why you lean the opposite?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2023, 09:08:59 pm »

Elephant Parade: why insist so hard on your NJW read? His play seems to me like the most convincingly Town of the bunch. You've spent a lot of focus on his "weird attack", which was clearly just an attempt to get a player to talk. Why are you reading so much into that? Am I missing something?
Because it's one of my strongest ones. The original attack was only one data point, and I've spent so much time talking about it because he's spent so much time arguing with me about it (not to say that his arguing the point was scummy, only that I haven't been going out of my way to keep reiterating it). In the conversation that followed, he kept missing my point in a way that felt scummy to me; I acknowledge that it may have been mere miscommunication, which is why he's "only" a 50/50 in my mind.

I am still leaning toward eliminating you over him.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2023, 09:38:44 pm »

Current Votecount:
NJW2000: Crystalizedmire (1)
Quarque: Elephant Parade (1)
Maxine: Maximum Spin (1)
Snowkiller: sofanthiel (1)
Crystalizedmire: Maxine (1)
sofanthiel: (0)
Elephant Parade: (0)
The Canadian kitten: (0)
Maximum Spin: (0)

Not voting: Snowkiller, The Canadian kitten, NJW2000, Quarque

Day ends on Friday, September 1st at 10pm EST, approximately 23 hours 19 minutes from now, or a HAMMER by total of FIVE (5) votes on one player.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2023, 11:05:45 pm »

CADETS! I don't know if you're stupid or lazy, but you seem reluctant to find the Rebels! You MUST pick one cadet for Summary Execution. If you are unable to decide, then your whole squad will be eliminated.
In the event of a tie, ALL Players Lose.

For the Emperor!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2023, 11:37:12 pm »

This technically means that a tie has the best chance of ending the game in a mafia loss.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2023, 11:57:45 pm »

Canadian Kitten: I know you're brand new to the game, but you seem very hesitant to question anyone or suspect them. Why?

I guess that I felt like I need some kind of strong gut feelings or tells to suspect someone. Nothing really jumping out to me, even when using the Mafiascum wiki. The tells that are, seems null due to intent.

I'll try on questioning harder, voting people might come a little later though.

I'd say that Maxine is definitely one of my more suspicious reads, so I can't see the problem there. Although I'm not exactly convinced of NJW2000's innocence either.
On the other hand, I have arrived at a state of acceptance that there's no way I survive the night, so I'm just trying to figure out who to shoot.
What makes you think that you would die this night?

I don't see any reason to think Snowkiller was intentionally disregarding the game and didn't just fail to notice, but I'm pretty sure that, if you WANT him to hold a grudge and refuse to cooperate, accusing him of doing it on purpose out of spite sure sounds like a good way to do it.
Fair enough actually. Didn't even consider that thought.

Personally, I 100% read Snowkiller's post as trolling and was simply waiting to say anything until closer to the end of the day in the hope I was wrong. I wish TKc had done the same, but I can't fault her for coming to the same conclusion.
Starting to see that it is a troll post. I probably shouldn't have trusted my gut then.
Also what's up with TKc?
*him. I thought the anger symbol was a bow lol
You are slowly making me realize all the ways someone can interpret my profile

NULL - NEED TO SEE MORE FROM THESE PEOPLE
CanadianKitten - Some big posts, and lots of RVS questions. Gave me a very detailed and thought-out answer... but just has minor a gut read on Maxine. They're not voting anyone, they're not asking any difficult questions, they're not even speculating much about the setup. They seem smart, so why aren't they helping?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snowkiller, CanadianKitten and anyone else who isn't sure where to start with this game, I made a few notes below. It's not much, but it might be worth a look.

*spoiler snip*

I'm not doing the above out of kindness. More than half of us may die tonight, so I need every player to start trying to find mafia. Or in the case of actual mafia, I need them to pretend to. Even weak but genuine scumhunting could help me identify the town players, but if people stay on the sidelines, I can't figure out their alignment.

I try my best to stay out of the sidelines, even though I feel like my posts and contributions have more scumtells that I can see than in any other players.

After doing all this typing, I think I am ready in some sort of way to do some voting.

I think I will drop my vote on Maxine
I don't think I have as strong of evidence as MaxSpin probably does.
So I think I will be voting for who I find the most suspicious based on mu probably wrong gut feeling.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2023, 07:29:15 am »

Pfp

Quarque: the gut read on Max is partly because he doesn’t seem that uncertain as town, and partly because he seems to be interacting a bit less with players than usual… he doesn’t question people hard D1, but he usually has something to talk about. Very chatty in an off-topic manner though. That led to an ok vote on scum!max last game.

Hm. 12 hours left. Don’t trust the Maxine votes, two gut reads from players not really playing is not a promising start, especially when a couple of other players indicated they might hop on that. Don’t want a snow killer Elim as it likely won’t tell us much about the people voting them… if they don’t play at all, killing them at night would be the proper thing.

MaximumSpin. Who’s with me?
One wheel short of a wagon

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2023, 08:34:54 am »

Pfp

Quarque: the gut read on Max is partly because he doesn’t seem that uncertain as town, and partly because he seems to be interacting a bit less with players than usual… he doesn’t question people hard D1, but he usually has something to talk about. Very chatty in an off-topic manner though. That led to an ok vote on scum!max last game.

Hm. 12 hours left. Don’t trust the Maxine votes, two gut reads from players not really playing is not a promising start, especially when a couple of other players indicated they might hop on that. Don’t want a snow killer Elim as it likely won’t tell us much about the people voting them… if they don’t play at all, killing them at night would be the proper thing.

Honestly, Maximumspin seems less active the last time he was actually scum.
Re: Maxine, Maxine seems to have a similar playstyle to Caz in supernatural mafia 11.
Asks some questions then pull up a wall of text. And both don't post all that much. Plus Caz was mafia in that game so I think Maxine could possibly mafia
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2023, 08:36:40 am »

Pfp

Honestly, Maximumspin seems less active the last time he was actually scum.
Re: Maxine, Maxine seems to have a similar playstyle to Caz in supernatural mafia 11.
Asks some questions then pull up a wall of text. And both don't post all that much. Plus Caz was mafia in that game so I think Maxine could possibly mafia
What I meant by "asks some questions wall of text" is that Maxine asks some questions on their first post then answers all the questions about them.
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2023, 09:11:38 am »

Pfp

So I actually agree with you on MaximumSpin; I find his lack of serious conversation really strange. I was waiting to see if his Maxine vote developed into anything, but Maxine hasn't replied yet, so c'est la vie.

That said, I'm still gunning for Quarque.

N.B. Not going to be around for most of today. Might be able to PFP a bit in the hours leading up to the deadline, but that'll be it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25